Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:43 PM

Old December 12th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Oakpaw brightened at his encouragement. She was doing it! Truly! Her hackles rose in anticipation. She took another step forward, this time with her hind leg. After all, she had to learn how to completely skip her other foreleg when walking. She wobbled slightly, but Oakpaw soon recovered. Next, she placed her other hind leg forward. Now it came for her to move her foreleg. Sucking in a sharp breath, Oakpaw gave a little hop as she moved her healthy foreleg. Looking up, Oakpaw noticed she was a bit closer to Shinefang."I did it! I walked! I'm going to walk again," she yowled.
Shinefang's tail was waving with rapturous excitement. She was really doing it! "Come on then!" he meowed, steeping back farther until he was standing just outside the entrance to his den. "Keep going! You're an apprentice to Skyclan, the greatest clan in the forest. We are the agile and determined. Step into the sunlight, Oakpaw!" This feeling was greater than any victory in battle, any hard-won freshkill on a leafbare day. The ceremony may give a cat her warrior name, but a warrior warrior was truly born when a cat faced showed that they could do just as well for their clan as any cat. Oakpaw was doing that now. "Come on!" he beckoned, his twisted grin wide.

Old December 13th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang's tail was waving with rapturous excitement. She was really doing it! "Come on then!" he meowed, steeping back farther until he was standing just outside the entrance to his den. "Keep going! You're an apprentice to Skyclan, the greatest clan in the forest. We are the agile and determined. Step into the sunlight, Oakpaw!" This feeling was greater than any victory in battle, any hard-won freshkill on a leafbare day. The ceremony may give a cat her warrior name, but a warrior warrior was truly born when a cat faced showed that they could do just as well for their clan as any cat. Oakpaw was doing that now. "Come on!" he beckoned, his twisted grin wide.
Oakpaw felt determination rushing to her limbs. Her yellow eyes focused ahead to the den entrance. Bright sunshine beckoned her to come forward, and the sounds of mingling cats seemed inviting. Oakpaw stuck her tail out to balance as she continued to slowly step. As Shinefang's encouragement reached her ears, she began to walk better than before. How could she let him down, of course? Days full of defeat and countless tries of moving her paw had made her angry and sour. She hated staying still for too long. She felt weak and useless to the Clan like that! But today, that was her time to shine. Oakpaw reached the den entrance. A gust of wind ruffled her fur, taking her breath away. This was it. The moment of truth. Oakpaw hopped forward, placing her healthy paw outside of the den. Despite the cold, the sun felt warm on her brown paw. Oakpaw glanced at Shinefang, grinning. "I'm really walking," she breathed. "Does this mean I can be a warrior?"
Old December 15th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Oakpaw felt determination rushing to her limbs. Her yellow eyes focused ahead to the den entrance. Bright sunshine beckoned her to come forward, and the sounds of mingling cats seemed inviting. Oakpaw stuck her tail out to balance as she continued to slowly step. As Shinefang's encouragement reached her ears, she began to walk better than before. How could she let him down, of course? Days full of defeat and countless tries of moving her paw had made her angry and sour. She hated staying still for too long. She felt weak and useless to the Clan like that! But today, that was her time to shine. Oakpaw reached the den entrance. A gust of wind ruffled her fur, taking her breath away. This was it. The moment of truth. Oakpaw hopped forward, placing her healthy paw outside of the den. Despite the cold, the sun felt warm on her brown paw. Oakpaw glanced at Shinefang, grinning. "I'm really walking," she breathed. "Does this mean I can be a warrior?"
Shinefang watched with pride as the young apprentice stepped into the light, bent but no broken. And here came the question that had been on both of their minds since the accident happened. Could she be a warrior? Shinefang had seen enough cats in their time carry on with their warrior duties in spite of injuries and difficulties. But still, the tom guarded his hopes. It was one thing to walk and another thing entirely to hunt and fight. “If you can move, there’s a chance. A good chance. But your mentor will have to help you learn ways to get around your injury... I don’t think your leg is going to improve much from this point forward. It might, but I can’t say for sure that it will.” The Golden tom’s Raül gave a swish as he rested his paw on the apprentice’s back. “But my guess is that you won’t let a little thing like a bad paw stop you,” he added with a purr. “You and I may need to work on strengthening that leg with some daily exercises for a while, but there’s no reason you can’t sleep in the apprentices’ den tonight.”

Old December 15th, 2017, 05:25 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
the glare daydream was giving shinefang were as if he were an enemy,tail lashing from side to side. they knew he was right, they knew that juniper were right, but they just couldnt admit that. they never liked to admit that they needed help, it just wasnt in their vocabulary. despite their aggressive attitude, they stood still obediently, raising their head slightly so shinefang could take a better look at their neck wounds. they knew geckoleaf would scold them for doing something like this, going back to their old ways and not caring for themself, but they couldnt help it, there were so many cats that needed help, that it was hard to focus. but daydream stayed quiet, because they knew they were in the wrong. they old let out small hisses here and there when feeling herbs pressed into their wounds. ¨burdock roots are good to sooth the wound, dried oak leaves are good to prevent-¨ they paused, letting out a small hiss as more herb were placed on them,¨infection. dock is also good for that aswel.¨ they explained, they wanted to be of some use in the moment.
Quote:
Nightpaw mrrowed softly with laughter as Juniperpaw praised her work cleaning the injuries. "Ah thanks," she said, echoing the teasing manner in which the Riverclan cat had praised her. But on the inside, she was beaming after the compliment and ecstatic that she'd been able to help Daydream in some way.

"Close Junebug. It won't just prevent infections. It cures them too. When I was a new warrior, my brother Yellowfoot thought it would be a good idea to meddle with a rats nest in an abandoned twoleg place in our old territory. The mousebrain got himself bitten by a rat. Ever seen the inside of a rat's mouth? They're filthy creatures. The medicine cat at the time treated him with burdock root when he didn't go to get the wound checked right away and spiked a fever. If it can handle infections from rat bites, it won't so much as let an infection get near Daydream. When Shinefang glanced up at the Shadowclan medicine cat's face, the younger cat was seething with hatred. Truth be told, Shinefang didn't like to be told what to do either, and he might have felt the same hostility if her were in their paws. But there was no way he was telling them that. "Bite me, and I'll bite back," he warned in a low murmur.

"What did you say?" Nightpaw said, getting to her feet. The black shecat's tail gave a lash as she looked at the Skyclan medicine cat in a way that wasn't exactly angry, but more like surprise that was just beginning to bud into anger.

"Stand down," Shinefang ordered, his voice slipping seamlessly into that of a patrol leader commanding the respect of the warriors he led. "Do I look like I'm in any shape for a brawl?"

Nightpaw looked at Daydream, her tail still twitching with agitation as if unsure what she should be doing. But ultimately, she didn't move. The old tom was trying to help. She just didn't like him talking to Daydream like that.

As he continued to apply the herb, the Shadowclan cat began listing herbs to help with wounds. "Mmmhmm," he said, a little pleased with himself when he noticed he knew all of those. Treating wounds was one area he was very well versed in. But he suspected that the herb lists were not so much for his benefit as Daydream's. The Shadowclan cat had already had to be told what to do, which he suspected they didn't like, and scolded, which no cat liked. "What's good for bellyache?" he asked. "I had a kit in here a couple of nights ago complaining of one but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to help. I thought she'd eaten bad freshkill so I gave her yarrow to make her vomit. Then I tried giving her a couple of petals from a yellow flower up on my shelf there. I don't think that did anything." Having finished with the herbs, the Skyclan tom backed up. "Alright, you're all finished. You can have Geckoleaf check you out when you drop off Junebug though if you'd fee better with more practiced paws doublechecking my work."
She stared through shocked eyes as Nightpaw launched herself to her own paws with a lash of her tail. Juniperpaw watched the exchange between the warrior apprentice and the older tomcat, unsure as to how to react. Luckily for her, the brief confrontation ended as quickly as it had started, and Juniperpaw let her tail-tip brush Nightpaw's flank in an attempt to calm the warrior apprentice with just her presence. It wasn't shocking to hear such a comment come from Shinefang though Juniperpaw had never been on the receiving end of one of his sharp remarks. In all honesty, Juniperpaw preferred to keep it that way.

Juniperpaw took mental note of Daydream's list, eager not to let even a bit of the knowledge slip from her mind. She'd have to remember all this if she were to look after her clanmates. She nodded with a distant expression across her face as she continuously went over the herbs and their uses. She was brought back to reality at the mention of Geckoleaf, sharply turning her head to where both Daydream and Shinefang were within her sight. After a quick moment where Juniperpaw registered what had just been said, she rose to her paws and swiftly approached her friends. ``Actually, your work looks great, Shinefang. Daydream will recover just fine, I'm sure.``

She didn't want to be the one to break the news, especially not so soon. Daydream would be heartbroken. Juniperpaw could deal with Geckoleaf's abrupt disappearance without letting it affect her on the outside, just as she'd done and would continue to do when her biological mother disappeared. She didn't let her grief show unless she was alone, and even then Juniperpaw tried her best to be the most upbeat and outgoing feline. Meanwhile, she was sure Daydream would become even more distant and aloof than they already were, and Juniperpaw did not want to see her sibling-figure become even more closed off. ``Shouldn't we be, um, doing something? We came here for a reason, I believe, didn't we, Daydream?`` Juniperpaw focused her attention on the ShadowClan cat, attempting to change the subject.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; December 15th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old December 17th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
Shinefang watched with pride as the young apprentice stepped into the light, bent but no broken. And here came the question that had been on both of their minds since the accident happened. Could she be a warrior? Shinefang had seen enough cats in their time carry on with their warrior duties in spite of injuries and difficulties. But still, the tom guarded his hopes. It was one thing to walk and another thing entirely to hunt and fight. “If you can move, there’s a chance. A good chance. But your mentor will have to help you learn ways to get around your injury... I don’t think your leg is going to improve much from this point forward. It might, but I can’t say for sure that it will.” The Golden tom’s Raül gave a swish as he rested his paw on the apprentice’s back. “But my guess is that you won’t let a little thing like a bad paw stop you,” he added with a purr. “You and I may need to work on strengthening that leg with some daily exercises for a while, but there’s no reason you can’t sleep in the apprentices’ den tonight.”
(Very late! Sorry)

Oakpaw nodded. She could understand why it wouldn't heal. Her paw had been crushed, and she remembered how horrible it felt. Well, it only felt horrible for a moment. Her nerves had been twisted so badly, they made her entire foot lose feeling. Oakpaw glanced outside, mind drifting to her mentor. Magnoliawool still didn't know about her injury. She didn't seem like she was worried that Oakpaw was missing from the clearing either. A flash of anger lit her eyes, but she shoved the anger down. It was Oakpaw's fault, not Magnoliawool's. Or was it the other way around? It was so confusing for Oakpaw that she turned her attention back to Shinefang and yet again put the confession off for another time. She pricked her ears in surprise. "I can? Really?" Mind hopeful and expression joyful, Oakpaw nearly bounced in joy. "Are you sure you won't miss my company, Shinefang?" she joked.
Old December 17th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
(Very late! Sorry)

Oakpaw nodded. She could understand why it wouldn't heal. Her paw had been crushed, and she remembered how horrible it felt. Well, it only felt horrible for a moment. Her nerves had been twisted so badly, they made her entire foot lose feeling. Oakpaw glanced outside, mind drifting to her mentor. Magnoliawool still didn't know about her injury. She didn't seem like she was worried that Oakpaw was missing from the clearing either. A flash of anger lit her eyes, but she shoved the anger down. It was Oakpaw's fault, not Magnoliawool's. Or was it the other way around? It was so confusing for Oakpaw that she turned her attention back to Shinefang and yet again put the confession off for another time. She pricked her ears in surprise. "I can? Really?" Mind hopeful and expression joyful, Oakpaw nearly bounced in joy. "Are you sure you won't miss my company, Shinefang?" she joked.
Shinefang watched anger flit across the apprentice’s he couldn’t guess exactly what she was thinking but knew this wouldn’t be the last time she was angry about what happened. When he had lost his eye he had lost many a day steeped in anger and self-pity. The tom snorted at the apprentice’s joke. “Yes, I may drop dead from sheer loneliness. Woe be to me,” He meowed flatly, his twisted grimacing grin flashing. “Now how about you limp on over there and pick out your nest,” the medicine cat meowed, swiping playfully at Oakpaw with the forepaw.

Old December 22nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

Quote:
Shinefang watched anger flit across the apprentice’s he couldn’t guess exactly what she was thinking but knew this wouldn’t be the last time she was angry about what happened. When he had lost his eye he had lost many a day steeped in anger and self-pity. The tom snorted at the apprentice’s joke. “Yes, I may drop dead from sheer loneliness. Woe be to me,” He meowed flatly, his twisted grimacing grin flashing. “Now how about you limp on over there and pick out your nest,” the medicine cat meowed, swiping playfully at Oakpaw with the forepaw.
Oakpaw giggled at his reply. "I'll visit you Shinefang," she spoke up. "I'll be sure to turn that grumpy frown into a less grumpy smile." Oakpaw smiled. She sure would pick out a nest! A brand new one! Oakpaw wished she could have swiped back at him, but she would have gone unbalanced. Oakpaw stuck her face into the sunshine. "I'll see you soon!" The brown tabby exited the den for the first time in a quarter moon.
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

@Charmer (sorry for the really late post and sorry it's so short)

Gorsepaw stepped slowly into the den. Almost instantly the potent scent of herbs filled her nostrils, making her eyes water slightly. "H-hello, Shinefang?" The brown tabby mewed anxiously. The Molly's tail had started throbbing and was slightly numb.
Old December 26th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
@Charmer (sorry for the really late post and sorry it's so short)

Gorsepaw stepped slowly into the den. Almost instantly the potent scent of herbs filled her nostrils, making her eyes water slightly. "H-hello, Shinefang?" The brown tabby mewed anxiously. The Molly's tail had started throbbing and was slightly numb.
Shinefang was just getting back from gathering herbs near the camp. His jaws were loaded up with thick, stocky plants covered in yellow flowers, the last of the broom plants he'd find this year. But it was a good haul. Seeing that the entrance to the den was being plugged by a cat, the old tom shoved past with a grunt. "Watch it!" me growled as best he could with his full jaws. Pushing past, he dropped the herbs on the ground next to his herb wall and fixed his eye on the cat at the entrance. He was an apprentice for sure, but what was his name? Not only that, but at first glance he couldn't see anything immediately wrong with the younger cat. "Grousepaw, right? What is it?" said the old tome, getting right to the point.

Old December 26th, 2017, 10:21 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

She stared through shocked eyes as Nightpaw launched herself to her own paws with a lash of her tail. Juniperpaw watched the exchange between the warrior apprentice and the older tomcat, unsure as to how to react. Luckily for her, the brief confrontation ended as quickly as it had started, and Juniperpaw let her tail-tip brush Nightpaw's flank in an attempt to calm the warrior apprentice with just her presence. It wasn't shocking to hear such a comment come from Shinefang though Juniperpaw had never been on the receiving end of one of his sharp remarks. In all honesty, Juniperpaw preferred to keep it that way.

Juniperpaw took mental note of Daydream's list, eager not to let even a bit of the knowledge slip from her mind. She'd have to remember all this if she were to look after her clanmates. She nodded with a distant expression across her face as she continuously went over the herbs and their uses. She was brought back to reality at the mention of Geckoleaf, sharply turning her head to where both Daydream and Shinefang were within her sight. After a quick moment where Juniperpaw registered what had just been said, she rose to her paws and swiftly approached her friends. ``Actually, your work looks great, Shinefang. Daydream will recover just fine, I'm sure.``

She didn't want to be the one to break the news, especially not so soon. Daydream would be heartbroken. Juniperpaw could deal with Geckoleaf's abrupt disappearance without letting it affect her on the outside, just as she'd done and would continue to do when her biological mother disappeared. She didn't let her grief show unless she was alone, and even then Juniperpaw tried her best to be the most upbeat and outgoing feline. Meanwhile, she was sure Daydream would become even more distant and aloof than they already were, and Juniperpaw did not want to see her sibling-figure become even more closed off. ``Shouldn't we be, um, doing something? We came here for a reason, I believe, didn't we, Daydream?`` Juniperpaw focused her attention on the ShadowClan cat, attempting to change the subject.
@Charmer
"Not to be rude, but i would rather get a second look by a medicine cat that hasnt recently been apprenticed," they replied bluntly. while they respected the two medcats, they only knew basics of things, it could never be to much caution to get a second look. and like many cats have told them, they should take care f their health, so they were going to. they could sense a bit of tension in the air with juniperpaws words, eyeing her out of the corner of their eye with a distant look. what was up with her? it wasnt hard to hide things from daydream, they could read people pretty easily.

"yeah, i know we came here for herbs. never thought youd be the one telling me to stay on track," they replied. juniper was always one to be social and almost hyper active when it came to others, and the fact that the subject changed to quickly was another red flag. hmm.

they scuffed the ground, placing herbs in a single pile, taking a bit more since shinefang had offered. they looked towards nightpaw, not wanting her to feel left out,"want to help me organize these?"

Last edited by graves; December 26th, 2017 at 10:21 PM.