Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Ripplekit wakes up and kicks back in annoyance
Old May 1st, 2017, 02:04 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noire View Post

Mixedfur purred, ''Fiercekit, huh? After your father?'' He guessed, knowing a bit about her family. As much as he could remember of what she told him. His nose twitched as he leaned as far as he could without touching the kit. He didn't want the new mother to hiss about him. He now understood why queens were so protective of the little ones when they were small mewing messes. It made his own heart grow as he stared at all of them.

''They're extremely small, my love.'' He tells them, specifically talking about the two girls. His son looked like a hefty one, the largest and oldest in the litter. He must had been a pain coming out! Mixedfur stared sadly at his mate, knowing he should had been with her instead of trying to have the day to himself. He felt ashamed and selfish, and vowed to always stay by her side. As she would still be in the nursery for a lot longer, tending to the kits, Mixedfur would make it his job to be with her often. ''Tell me anything you want me to do, or anything you want and I shall go through extreme lengths just to prove myself to you.'' He tells her, his voice deep and sincere as he laid his head down on hers for a second before pulling away and turning his attention back to his kits.

The youngest girl looked a lot like her mother, and it made him smile. Having two Splashhearts in the litter had to be something. Wild. It scared him. Not only were they two little Splashy's, but they were also his daughters. His daughters. They were his little girls. As he looked at the youngest one again, the name slipped out, ''Splash.'' Though it wasn't a name he meant to call the small kit, only that she looked very similar to Splashheart, and whenever he looked at his youngest kit, he would be reminded of her mother. ''Let's name her Splashkit.'' He tells her gently. Then turns his eyes on his other daughter. Another twin to her mother. ''It seems like you and our daughters could be triplets.'' He chuckled before he went deep in thought trying to figure out the perfect name for her.

''I think Squirrelkit would be perfect for her.'' He let out a purr of amusement. ''How do you like those names?'' He asked her, leaning his head closer to hers, and staring at their growing family. A new adventure would await them all. And, truthfully, he was excited and frightened at the same time.
"Pretty much." Splashheart shifted slightly in her nest to a more comfortable position, unable to help looking away slightly. She didnt like talking about her father, or her mother even, much. She still couldnt quite forgive them for leaving when their kits needed them the most. Splashheart and her siblings had basically raised themselves. And beyond that, Swiftbreeze still refused to explain where they had gone in the first place, and Roarclaw wasnt giving anything away anytime soon, either. Shaking her head to clear these thoughts, Splashheart watched with a faint smile as Mixedfur leaned closer to the kits.

"They're supposed to be small." Splashheart couldnt help but giggle, nosing the girls, one of which gave a protesting yowl at her. Splashheart rolled her eyes playfully at the feisty kit, who obviously couldnt see the action, and rasped her tongue down her head gently, feeling the smallest purr vibrate the young kit. Splashheart couldnt help but smile. Then a purr of her own began to grow in her chest as her mate's head rested on hers, and she found herself leaning closer to him for the brief second they were pressed together. Splashheart shook her head, her anger forgotten as she gazed up at him lovingly. "Well, I wouldnt mind something to eat," She admitted with a slightly teasing tone to her voice, a grin on her maw. "Birthing kits takes alot of energy, and works up an appetite."

Pausing to follow his gaze down to the youngest girl, Splashheart found herself pulling the young kit closer and gently giving her head a few licks. She noticed the two girls looked quite like their mother, while the boy took after his father quite obviously. Splashheart chuckled as she nosed Fiercekit closer to her, and looking up when Mixedfur said her name, Splashheart gave a confused tilt of her head until he spoke again. A smile twitched at her lips as she glanced back down at the newly named Splashkit, but she didnt speak yet, waiting for him to name the last girl. Said kit nuzzled closer to her and latched on, beginning to suckle, and Splashheart grinned softly down at the three bundles.

The blue-gray she-cat looked up when Mixedfur announced the next name, and her eyes warmed. Squirrelkit. She chuckled to herself and looked back down at her kits. They were a perfect family, werent they? "Fiercekit, Splashkit, and Squirrelkit. Thats so...Perfect." She said softly, smiling.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old May 1st, 2017, 03:25 PM
yuh

My Mood: Thinking

@EclipsemoonXD @starfall @vantrums @Ludicrous Lunacy @Fiery

Rainberry looked over at Fallenspirit. This was it, the day the kits would be born. "I'm sort of scared," The silver tabby admitted as her tail tip flicked in nervousness. "I doubt something will go worng, but if anything does go find Frostedflight immediatley." She knew it'd be a while until she could actually see her mate face to face, but he would still know the kits would be safe and her too. The pain in her stomach kept growing, and she flattened her ears in annoyance.

~ little skip c: ~

After a while, Rainberry was laying with four kits by her side. Though she was exhausted she licked each one on the head comfortingly. The she-cat looked up at Marshfur and told him, "If you want to name one you can. You're technically their father too." It would be fair anyways since Frostedflight wouldn't be here to name them. (Nightkit) One of them was black and white, just like Frostedflight. (Shellkit) Another was white and light grey, with very faint tabby markings(?) (Sleetkit) This one was also a grey tabby, but the tabby marks were more clear and there wasn't as much white. The last one, who she had decided to name Mistykit, was a dark grey color. They all resembled Frostedflight and Rainberry in some way. Then Rainberry suddenly thought of something. She remembered she had promised to give one to Frostedflight. I'll choose one, just not now, The tabby thought to herself.
Old May 1st, 2017, 04:16 PM
mapless wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra View Post

Rainberry looked over at Fallenspirit. This was it, the day the kits would be born. "I'm sort of scared," The silver tabby admitted as her tail tip flicked in nervousness. "I doubt something will go worng, but if anything does go find Frostedflight immediatley." She knew it'd be a while until she could actually see her mate face to face, but he would still know the kits would be safe and her too. The pain in her stomach kept growing, and she flattened her ears in annoyance.

After a while, Rainberry was laying with four kits by her side. Though she was exhausted she licked each one on the head comfortingly. The she-cat looked up at Marshfur and told him, "If you want to name one you can. You're technically their father too." It would be fair anyways since Frostedflight wouldn't be here to name them. (Nightkit) One of them was black and white, just like Frostedflight. (Shellkit) Another was white and light grey, with very faint tabby markings(?) (Sleetkit) This one was also a grey tabby, but the tabby marks were more clear and there wasn't as much white. The last one, who she had decided to name Mistykit, was a dark grey color. They all resembled Frostedflight and Rainberry in some way. Then Rainberry suddenly thought of something. She remembered she had promised to give one to Frostedflight. I'll choose one, just not now, The tabby thought to herself.
(As a note, Sleet, since he's newborn anyway, hasnt transitioned/come out as genderfluid so just he/him pronouns fur now!)

The swirled tabby tomkit stirred at his mother's belly, eyes still shut as he seeked to be nearer to her warmth. Of course, the small kitten's greyish ears remained stuck against his head so he didn't hear it, but he somehow knew he had been given his name. A name. And it was all his own. Letting out a little mewl, he extended a paw and, rather sweetly, restedit on his mother's foreleg, rested his chin on her, and let out a small, somewhat squeaky purr. He knew that this would be home, that this cat was his family,
and that was all that seemed to matter. It was just her that the newborn felt he needed, and to him, she was safety and comfort, and nothing could take that away from him. Never would she leave him, and somehow, he could tell that she would always be there.

(Please Sleet DGBMH :< This is so sad to type)
got wrecked by starless nights
but let my heart be wrecked by hurricanes
and my ship by stormy weather
i know i am a hero
and a hero is forever
Old May 1st, 2017, 05:55 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunny View Post
@Suspiciousmindz

Fernkit squirmed in his sleep, he was dreaming of exploring the territory and fighting off enemy cats and other dangerous creatures. The small kit jerked awake when an enemy cat hit him in the head. The tom looked around the den with wide eyes, the dream had felt so real. He yawned loudly before standing, now that he was awake he might as well stay up. He kneaded his white paws into the ground, his gray tabby pelt was covered in dust but he didn't bother to fix it. Fernkit never really cared about his appearance, he stretched his hind legs and looked around the nursery. Most cats were still sleeping, 'This would be a good time to explore!' He thought. He searched the room for another kit to explore with, his fern green eyes landed on a dark brown she-cat with black legs and face. He searched his mind for a few moments, trying to remember her name. 'Coalkit!' He remembered. Coalkit was a pretty quiet cat that Fernkit had never really talked to or played with, he had gotten to know almost every other kit in the nursery and he didn't want her to feel left out. The slender but tall tom made his way over to the she-cat, he nudged her a bit. He didn't want to scare her, "Hey! Coalkit! You wanna go see outside the nursery with me?" He asked.
Coalkit was nestled happily in the nest her father had made them despite him not always being around. Her dreams were sweet and she knew nothing could be better than being a kit with no responsibilities. Although, her dreams were cut short from a soft nudging along her spine and her named being spoken. Blinked her brilliant yellow hues open, she turned her head to look at the new kit. She didn't recognize him, in fact she rarely recognized any of the cats here. She didn't bother to know them unless they stood out to her. Coalkit brought herself to a sitting position, still blinking the sleep from her eyes as she focused them on Fernkit. A small yawn left her jaws before she was fully awake and functioning. "Why would I want to go out there? It's cold and it's supposed to rain. My father told me it was," that was half-true. She'd heard it from the other queens so she knew it was going to rain, but she didn't like being left out of the family thing so she made up the fact Crowfoot told them. In fact, she hadn't really seen her father much. She didn't know her mother as she died after giving birth to them. She'd never truly understand what having a family was like, however she'd give it her best try at pretending she had a happy family.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old May 1st, 2017, 06:16 PM
Sleep Deprived

My Mood: Fine

Quote:

Mistykit mewled, stretching her paws out to knead her mother's belly. The right front paw was white, as was her back left paw. The tip of her tail matched the color of her paws. Crawling forward slowly, only a few mouse-lengths, she attached herself to drink her mother's milk. She could feel other bodies around her, the scents all similar, but each their own. Only two of them stood out as different. And she felt special, important even. She knew she would be loved forever.

Fallenspirit looked down at her friend's kits. Oh, how she longed for her own! But she had no mate and wouldn't know where to begin in taking care of one let alone a whole litter! "They're absolutely beautiful, Rainberry!" She purred, licking the black and white one on the head. Only them did it occur to her that Frostedflight didn't know yet. She was tempted to send Marshfur off to do it, but realized that this was the closest to fatherhood he would ever get. She should let him enjoy it. Standing, she addressed Rainberry. "Should I go let Frostedflight know the kits have been born?"

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Character site: http://eclipsemoonscharries.weebly.com/
Old May 2nd, 2017, 09:02 AM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

Coalkit was nestled happily in the nest her father had made them despite him not always being around. Her dreams were sweet and she knew nothing could be better than being a kit with no responsibilities. Although, her dreams were cut short from a soft nudging along her spine and her named being spoken. Blinked her brilliant yellow hues open, she turned her head to look at the new kit. She didn't recognize him, in fact she rarely recognized any of the cats here. She didn't bother to know them unless they stood out to her. Coalkit brought herself to a sitting position, still blinking the sleep from her eyes as she focused them on Fernkit. A small yawn left her jaws before she was fully awake and functioning. "Why would I want to go out there? It's cold and it's supposed to rain. My father told me it was," that was half-true. She'd heard it from the other queens so she knew it was going to rain, but she didn't like being left out of the family thing so she made up the fact Crowfoot told them. In fact, she hadn't really seen her father much. She didn't know her mother as she died after giving birth to them. She'd never truly understand what having a family was like, however she'd give it her best try at pretending she had a happy family.
Fernkit rolled his eyes, "Come on. It won't rain for a while and we will only be out here for a little. Haven't you ever wondered what camp looks like when the moon is out?" He asked. He was going to try everything to get this cat to go outside with him. He would go alone but he liked making new friends and he was determined to have almost every kit be his friends. "I am sure it won't be that cold!" He said, "Even if it does rain it would only sprinkle a bit, wouldn't the rain in the moonlight look cool?" he asked. He was trying to keep his voice as quiet as possible but he was practically bouncing with excitement. Playing in the rain would be so much fun, he wondered if the clearing would look dark or not. He wondered what the moon would look like, he had so many questions running through his head.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old May 2nd, 2017, 03:29 PM
yuh

My Mood: Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Lunacy View Post

(As a note, Sleet, since he's newborn anyway, hasnt transitioned/come out as genderfluid so just he/him pronouns fur now!)

The swirled tabby tomkit stirred at his mother's belly, eyes still shut as he seeked to be nearer to her warmth. Of course, the small kitten's greyish ears remained stuck against his head so he didn't hear it, but he somehow knew he had been given his name. A name. And it was all his own. Letting out a little mewl, he extended a paw and, rather sweetly, restedit on his mother's foreleg, rested his chin on her, and let out a small, somewhat squeaky purr. He knew that this would be home, that this cat was his family,
and that was all that seemed to matter. It was just her that the newborn felt he needed, and to him, she was safety and comfort, and nothing could take that away from him. Never would she leave him, and somehow, he could tell that she would always be there.

(Please Sleet DGBMH :< This is so sad to type)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipsemoonXD View Post

Mistykit mewled, stretching her paws out to knead her mother's belly. The right front paw was white, as was her back left paw. The tip of her tail matched the color of her paws. Crawling forward slowly, only a few mouse-lengths, she attached herself to drink her mother's milk. She could feel other bodies around her, the scents all similar, but each their own. Only two of them stood out as different. And she felt special, important even. She knew she would be loved forever.

Fallenspirit looked down at her friend's kits. Oh, how she longed for her own! But she had no mate and wouldn't know where to begin in taking care of one let alone a whole litter! "They're absolutely beautiful, Rainberry!" She purred, licking the black and white one on the head. Only them did it occur to her that Frostedflight didn't know yet. She was tempted to send Marshfur off to do it, but realized that this was the closest to fatherhood he would ever get. She should let him enjoy it. Standing, she addressed Rainberry. "Should I go let Frostedflight know the kits have been born?"
Rainberry smiled at Sleetkit and Mistykit. Maybe I'll send Sleetkit over to Shadowclan, She thought as she watched him. Sleetkit seemed like he would grow into a good, strong Shadowclan warrior. "Oh yes, that'd be great!" Rainberry replied to Fallenspirit, and then added, "And let Frostedflight know he has four healthy and beautiful kits." Knowing Frostedflight, he would want to see her sometime but he also knew she should stay in the nursery. Maybe whenever the kits were old enough to be left alone she would go and see him. Curling her tail around her kits protectively, Rainberry also laid her head down onto her paws. She needed to make sure Sleetkit had the best time in Riverclan until it was time to give him over to Frostedflight.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 04:21 PM
mapless wanderer

Quote:

Rainberry smiled at Sleetkit and Mistykit. Maybe I'll send Sleetkit over to Shadowclan, She thought as she watched him. Sleetkit seemed like he would grow into a good, strong Shadowclan warrior. "Oh yes, that'd be great!" Rainberry replied to Fallenspirit, and then added, "And let Frostedflight know he has four healthy and beautiful kits." Knowing Frostedflight, he would want to see her sometime but he also knew she should stay in the nursery. Maybe whenever the kits were old enough to be left alone she would go and see him. Curling her tail around her kits protectively, Rainberry also laid her head down onto her paws. She needed to make sure Sleetkit had the best time in Riverclan until it was time to give him over to Frostedflight.
(I can write my reply soon!!)
got wrecked by starless nights
but let my heart be wrecked by hurricanes
and my ship by stormy weather
i know i am a hero
and a hero is forever
Old May 2nd, 2017, 08:04 PM
Sleep Deprived

My Mood: Fine

Quote:

"Of course, Rainberry," Fallenspirit turned to leave, but hesitated and looked back at Marshfur. Would he take good care of the kits? Was he ready to take good care of the kits? Shaking her head the silver tabby set off for ShadowClan territory, knowing Frostedflight would be waiting at the border. With a sigh, she stepped out of the nursery, away from the chaos of all the playing kits.

If I haven't responded to a roleplay within 24 hours, either mention me and bump the roleplay or send a message on my profile. If I haven't responded to that in 24 hours... spam me.

During Lent I will only be online on Sundays. Please be patient. I will respond. This lasts until Easter Sunday.

Character site: http://eclipsemoonscharries.weebly.com/