Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Non-Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
need a header for Snowleaf
Last post by leopard.
Today 12:19 PM
[LF] kestrelpaw art
by Rose
Last post by Rose
Today 12:17 PM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 12:16 PM
Lessons of the Past [Whole...
by Rani
Last post by Katiethewolfchild
Today 12:15 PM
Sleepy Thicket
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 11:53 AM

Old January 7th, 2018, 03:27 PM
joe mama

My Mood: Lonely

Question Re: research(private)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledragon0625 View Post

all mine is hand typed cause this is from a book.(changeing it up a little)

here's one dragon you'll be happy to see the long or lung dragon was a kind and generous creature.instead of terror in brought good luck and heavenly bounty.there are differnent kinds of longs:some rule the earth some ruled the skys and seas
even though this dragon was kind,long was still powerful with fire and four legs that each ended in five claws.
K)
Chinese dragon
Dragon (Chinese characters).svg
Chinese dragon
"Dragon" in oracle bone script (top left), bronze script (top right), seal script (middle left), Traditional (middle right), Japanese new-style (shinjitai, bottom left), and Simplified (bottom right) Chinese characters
"Dragon" in oracle bone script (top left), bronze script (top right), seal script (middle left), Traditional (middle right), Japanese new-style (shinjitai, bottom left), and Simplified (bottom right) Chinese characters

If you like Karl Jacobs, Quackity, Jack Manifold, or ; we're friends

Yes, I listen to Sweater Weather

Sometimes it may slip my mind to log on and respond, if i dont respond to something in 24hrs just dm me on discord! :]

Old January 7th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Dragon of fire

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: research(private)

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood Sienna View Post
K)
Chinese dragon
Chinese dragon
? ?

So did they bury you?
i done mind being brothered but be warned i will rant.
Old January 7th, 2018, 03:30 PM
joe mama

Quote:
[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Arial"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
? ?
Um.
Wrong thing..
I thought I copied something else..

Sometimes it may slip my mind to log on and respond, if i dont respond to something in 24hrs just dm me on discord! :]

Old January 7th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Dragon of fire

Quote:
Um.
Wrong thing..
I thought I copied something else..
oh!ok then lol

So did they bury you?
Old January 7th, 2018, 03:34 PM
joe mama

Quote:

oh!ok then lol
In Chinese daily language, excellent and outstanding people are compared to a dragon, while incapable people with no achievements are compared with other, disesteemed creatures, such as a worm. A number of Chinese proverbs and idioms feature references to a dragon, such as "Hoping one's son will become a dragon" (simplified Chinese: 望子成龙; traditional Chinese: 望子成龍; pinyin: wàng zǐ chéng lóng).
Historically, the dragon was associated with the Emperor of China and used a symbol to represent imperial power. The founder of Han dynasty Liu Bang claimed that he was conceived after his mother dreamt of a dragon.[2] During the Tang dynasty, Emperors wore robes with dragon motif as an imperial symbol, and high officials might also be presented with dragon robes.[3] In the Yuan dynasty, the two-horned five-clawed dragon was designated for use by the Son of Heaven or Emperor only, while the four-clawed dragon was used by the princes and nobles.[4] Similarly during the Ming and Qin dynasty, the five-clawed dragon was strictly reserved for use by the Emperor only. The dragon in the Qing dynasty appeared on the first Chinese national flag.[5]

The dragon is sometimes used in the West as a national emblem of China though such use is not commonly seen in the People's Republic of China or the Republic of China. Instead, it is generally used as the symbol of culture. In Hong Kong, the dragon was a component of the coat of arms under British rule. It was later to become a feature of the design of Brand Hong Kong, a government promotional symbol.[6]

The Chinese dragon has very different connotations to European dragon – in European cultures, the dragon is a firebreathing creature with aggressive connotations, whereas the Chinese dragon is a spiritual and cultural symbol that represents prosperity and good luck, as well as a rain deity that fosters harmony. It was reported that the Chinese government decided against using the dragon as its official 2008 Summer Olympics mascot because of the aggressive connotations that dragons have outside of China, and chose more "friendly" symbols instead.[7]

Sometimes Chinese people use the term "Descendants of the Dragon" (simplified Chinese: 龙的传人; traditional Chinese: 龍的傳人) as a sign of ethnic identity, as part of a trend started in the 1970s when different Asian nationalities were looking for animal symbols as representations, for example, the wolf may be used by the Mongols as it is considered to be their legendary ancestor.[5][8]

WOaH

Old January 7th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Dragon of fire

Quote:
In Chinese daily language, excellent and outstanding people are compared to a dragon, while incapable people with no achievements are compared with other, disesteemed creatures, such as a worm. A number of Chinese proverbs and idioms feature references to a dragon, such as "Hoping one's son will become a dragon" (simplified Chinese: 望子成龙; traditional Chinese: 望子成龍; pinyin: wàng zǐ chéng lóng).
Historically, the dragon was associated with the Emperor of China and used a symbol to represent imperial power. The founder of Han dynasty Liu Bang claimed that he was conceived after his mother dreamt of a dragon.[2] During the Tang dynasty, Emperors wore robes with dragon motif as an imperial symbol, and high officials might also be presented with dragon robes.[3] In the Yuan dynasty, the two-horned five-clawed dragon was designated for use by the Son of Heaven or Emperor only, while the four-clawed dragon was used by the princes and nobles.[4] Similarly during the Ming and Qin dynasty, the five-clawed dragon was strictly reserved for use by the Emperor only. The dragon in the Qing dynasty appeared on the first Chinese national flag.[5]

The dragon is sometimes used in the West as a national emblem of China though such use is not commonly seen in the People's Republic of China or the Republic of China. Instead, it is generally used as the symbol of culture. In Hong Kong, the dragon was a component of the coat of arms under British rule. It was later to become a feature of the design of Brand Hong Kong, a government promotional symbol.[6]

The Chinese dragon has very different connotations to European dragon – in European cultures, the dragon is a firebreathing creature with aggressive connotations, whereas the Chinese dragon is a spiritual and cultural symbol that represents prosperity and good luck, as well as a rain deity that fosters harmony. It was reported that the Chinese government decided against using the dragon as its official 2008 Summer Olympics mascot because of the aggressive connotations that dragons have outside of China, and chose more "friendly" symbols instead.[7]

Sometimes Chinese people use the term "Descendants of the Dragon" (simplified Chinese: 龙的传人; traditional Chinese: 龍的傳人) as a sign of ethnic identity, as part of a trend started in the 1970s when different Asian nationalities were looking for animal symbols as representations, for example, the wolf may be used by the Mongols as it is considered to be their legendary ancestor.[5][8]

WOaH
wow ok now lets try the: Slavic dragon

So did they bury you?
Old January 7th, 2018, 03:38 PM
joe mama

Quote:

wow ok now lets try the: Slavic dragon
Okay!

Old January 7th, 2018, 03:40 PM
joe mama

A slavic dragon is any dragon in Slavic mythology, including the Russian zmei (or zmey; змей), known in the Ukraine as zmiy (змій), and its counterparts in other Slavic cultures: the Bulgarian zmei (змей), the Polish zmiy (żmij), the Serbian and Croatian zmaj (Serbian: змај, Croatian). The Romanian zmeu is also a slavic dragon, but a non-cognate etymology has been proposed. These may also be rendered as "serpent" in English translations.

The Polish smok (e.g. Wawel Dragon of Kraków) is also known in parts of Ukraine or Belarus as smok (смок), tsmok (цмок), can also be included. The smok according to some Slavic traditions is also an ordinary snake which may turn into a zmei with age.
The terms smok ("serpent") and tsmok ("sucker") can signify a dragon, but also just an ordinary snake. There is Slavic folklore in which a snake (which is called smok) when it reaches a certain age grows into a dragon (zmaj, etc.). Similar lore is widespread across Slavic countries.
The folklore that that an ancient snake grows into a dragon is fairly widespread in Slavic regions. This is paralleled by similar lore in China.[a]

In Bulgaria is a similar folk belief that the smok, which starts out as a non-venomous snake, grows to become a dragon after living 40 years.[5]

There are also among the East Slavic folk the tradition that a viper transforms into a dragon.[6] Among Ukranians the lore is that the viper needs 7 years to metamorphosize into a dragon, among Belorussians, the requisite time is 100 years, according to one comparison.[6]

The weather-making dragon, ismeju, of Romanian Scholomance folklore is also locally believed to grow out of a snake which has lived for 9 years (belief found at "Hatzeger Thal" or Hațeg).[7]

Old January 7th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Dragon of fire

Quote:
A slavic dragon is any dragon in Slavic mythology, including the Russian zmei (or zmey; змей), known in the Ukraine as zmiy (змій), and its counterparts in other Slavic cultures: the Bulgarian zmei (змей), the Polish zmiy (żmij), the Serbian and Croatian zmaj (Serbian: змај, Croatian). The Romanian zmeu is also a slavic dragon, but a non-cognate etymology has been proposed. These may also be rendered as "serpent" in English translations.

The Polish smok (e.g. Wawel Dragon of Kraków) is also known in parts of Ukraine or Belarus as smok (смок), tsmok (цмок), can also be included. The smok according to some Slavic traditions is also an ordinary snake which may turn into a zmei with age.
The terms smok ("serpent") and tsmok ("sucker") can signify a dragon, but also just an ordinary snake. There is Slavic folklore in which a snake (which is called smok) when it reaches a certain age grows into a dragon (zmaj, etc.). Similar lore is widespread across Slavic countries.
The folklore that that an ancient snake grows into a dragon is fairly widespread in Slavic regions. This is paralleled by similar lore in China.[a]

In Bulgaria is a similar folk belief that the smok, which starts out as a non-venomous snake, grows to become a dragon after living 40 years.[5]

There are also among the East Slavic folk the tradition that a viper transforms into a dragon.[6] Among Ukranians the lore is that the viper needs 7 years to metamorphosize into a dragon, among Belorussians, the requisite time is 100 years, according to one comparison.[6]

The weather-making dragon, ismeju, of Romanian Scholomance folklore is also locally believed to grow out of a snake which has lived for 9 years (belief found at "Hatzeger Thal" or Hațeg).[7]
wow!
this dragon was a bad sight to see it had not one but three snapping,snarling heads.it was able to walk upright on its back legs it had magical powers which it used to create chaos and to kidnap people.

So did they bury you?
Old January 7th, 2018, 03:51 PM
joe mama

Quote:

wow!
this dragon was a bad sight to see it had not one but three snapping,snarling heads.it was able to walk upright on its back legs it had magical powers which it used to create chaos and to kidnap people.
The dragon is one of the most well-known creatures in ancient mythology, and many cultures have this creature (or one of its related forms) in their folklore. In East Asian countries, for instance, dragons are regarded as symbols of power, strength and good fortune. They are believed to be benevolent creatures that have power over bodies of water, rain and floods. In Western Europe, by contrast, dragons are viewed as malevolent creatures that are the embodiment of evil. One popular motif of Western European art is that of St. George slaying the dragon. One of the lesser known dragons is that of the zmaj, a dragon that can be found in Slavic folklore.

In certain Slavic countries, dragons can viewed either as good or evil, depending on their gender. In Bulgarian legends, for instance, male dragons are believed to be the protectors of crops, whilst the female ones are bent on destroying the fruits of man’s labour. In other parts of the Slavic world, the dragon is seen as a wicked beast, similar to those of Western Europe. In Russia and Ukraine, a particular dragon-like creature, Zmey Gorynych, is a dangerous beast with three heads that spit fire.