Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Hi WCO!!!
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 01:30 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Blazing
Today 01:15 AM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Morrigan
Today 01:08 AM
Warrior Name Game
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 01:04 AM
★ ramen's little art shop ★
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 12:54 AM

Old February 9th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The ginger tom thought for a moment on her question, before he did answer. He wanted to make sure any loose ends were wrapped up for Cherrypaw - a mentor was supposed to teach their apprentice, answer questions the apprentice may have, and make sure that one day they would be the best warrior that they could be. That was all Blazingcomet wanted for Cherrypaw, was for her to be the best that she could be. "Find any other weak spots they may have. For instance, if there's a cat who's already been fighting and has one side that's more beaten up then the other, you're going to want to aim for the injured side. If it's a leg injury, aim for the good leg." He paused for a moment, trying to put that into a perspective that would make more sense. For Cherrypaw, it must sound strange to have him tell her two different things in the same breath. What he wanted to convey was that you were more likely to be able to catch an enemy off guard if you had them try to catch themselves on an injured leg, whereas if it were an injured side, it wouldn't do you much good to aim for a good one. "Umm... well, did that make sense? Or do I need to make it simpler?" Blazingcomet asked, coming up with a new way to explain his concept just in case Cherrypaw needed it. Although he was hoping she wouldn't... it wasn't much better then the first one. He had never been the best at explaining things, which was probably why his relationship with his mate was failing - no, it had already failed. Why he was having thoughts about Petal already, all because of this one... stupid... thing. How crazy was he to think that he belonged in a relationship? Maybe he hadn't been ready to have a mate.
Cherrypaw nodded her white head as her mentor spoke. She tried to listen carefully and fully consider his answer. The apprentice's head tilted to the side slightly. She squinted her clear blue eyes at first, not fully understanding. She replayed the ginger tom's words in her head, trying to figure out what he was really trying to say. Her head started to hurt after a few heartbeats. Untangling Blazingcomet's words was like untangling a sloppily made moss ball. "So you're saying there's a difference between aiming for an injured side and an injured leg?" Cherrypaw mewed, not entirely sure that she understood what her mentor was trying to say. "If I aim for a good leg when the other one is injured, my enemy won't be able to support themselves with an injured leg." The she-cat began, speaking more to herself than anything else. "If my enemy has an injured side, I might as well aim for that side because aiming for the good side won't make much of a difference. I might as well damage the injured side further." The blue-eyed cat waited a moment and thought over her words. "Wow, that's kind of confusing." She laughed. "I think it makes sense though. Aim for the good leg and the bad side."

[ I've been sick for the last two weeks. So so sorry for the super late reply! ]

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old February 10th, 2018, 09:12 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Cherrypaw nodded her white head as her mentor spoke. She tried to listen carefully and fully consider his answer. The apprentice's head tilted to the side slightly. She squinted her clear blue eyes at first, not fully understanding. She replayed the ginger tom's words in her head, trying to figure out what he was really trying to say. Her head started to hurt after a few heartbeats. Untangling Blazingcomet's words was like untangling a sloppily made moss ball. "So you're saying there's a difference between aiming for an injured side and an injured leg?" Cherrypaw mewed, not entirely sure that she understood what her mentor was trying to say. "If I aim for a good leg when the other one is injured, my enemy won't be able to support themselves with an injured leg." The she-cat began, speaking more to herself than anything else. "If my enemy has an injured side, I might as well aim for that side because aiming for the good side won't make much of a difference. I might as well damage the injured side further." The blue-eyed cat waited a moment and thought over her words. "Wow, that's kind of confusing." She laughed. "I think it makes sense though. Aim for the good leg and the bad side."

[ I've been sick for the last two weeks. So so sorry for the super late reply! ]
Cherrypaw was Blazingcomet’s first apprentice. He had never gone through anything like this before, so it was always confusing trying to sort out what exactly to say to make them understand. Still, at least she seemed to be getting the hang of it… as well as she could. Breathing a sigh of relief when she remarked that she “thought it made sense,” the orange tom nodded shortly afterwards. ”That’s right! You’re catching on pretty quickly, you’ll be a pro in no time,” He mewed with a happy smile. Blazingcomet was truly happy that this was working out - he really had needed this to work. Grousestar would be pleased his apprentice was doing so well… and who knew? Cherrypaw could very well be a great warrior someday, just as long as she remembered to put a little effort in her duties as well as her drama. Blazingcomet found the younger cat amusing, but sometimes, she was just too much for him. Especially when it got harder to train because of her antics. Still, Blazingcomet was glad that he had an apprentice at all - he supposed he should have thanked Grousestar a little more excitedly when she had been appointed his apprentice. It was funny - Cherrypaw had definitely grown on Blazingcomet, and yet, at the same time, he was almost eager for her training to be over. Maybe it was because he would get to see her thrive. Or maybe, he was excited to see what the next thing life would bring him. Or maybe… it was because he wanted to be more wrapped up in the flirty game that had landed him into a mess before.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old February 14th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Cherrypaw was Blazingcomet’s first apprentice. He had never gone through anything like this before, so it was always confusing trying to sort out what exactly to say to make them understand. Still, at least she seemed to be getting the hang of it… as well as she could. Breathing a sigh of relief when she remarked that she “thought it made sense,” the orange tom nodded shortly afterwards. ”That’s right! You’re catching on pretty quickly, you’ll be a pro in no time,” He mewed with a happy smile. Blazingcomet was truly happy that this was working out - he really had needed this to work. Grousestar would be pleased his apprentice was doing so well… and who knew? Cherrypaw could very well be a great warrior someday, just as long as she remembered to put a little effort in her duties as well as her drama. Blazingcomet found the younger cat amusing, but sometimes, she was just too much for him. Especially when it got harder to train because of her antics. Still, Blazingcomet was glad that he had an apprentice at all - he supposed he should have thanked Grousestar a little more excitedly when she had been appointed his apprentice. It was funny - Cherrypaw had definitely grown on Blazingcomet, and yet, at the same time, he was almost eager for her training to be over. Maybe it was because he would get to see her thrive. Or maybe, he was excited to see what the next thing life would bring him. Or maybe… it was because he wanted to be more wrapped up in the flirty game that had landed him into a mess before.
Cherrypaw's grin grew bigger until it couldn't grow anymore. She absolutely loved being praised. It meant an awful lot to her especially when it came from someone that she looked up to. Satisfaction and excitement build up in her little body. Finding it hard to contain, the apprentice couldn't stop her tail from flickering back and forth almost like a dog's tail. "You think so?" The she-cat fought back a purr. She was glad that Blazingcomet saw a bright future for her. After all their training and time together, he'd obviously be one of the cats (perhaps even the one cat) who knew her best. Cherrypaw obviously trusted her mentor's judgement. Well, she trusted him when it came to this at least. Unable to keep her entire body still anymore, Cherrypaw pranced around in a circle happily. She hoped she didn't seem too much like a kit, but she was feeling pretty good at the moment. The apprentice wanted to enjoy it while it lasted. Who knew what tomorrow would hold? "I promise I'll be the best apprentice you'll ever have!" Cherrypaw told Blazingcomet, determination blazing in her clear blue eyes. "I'll be a better fighter than even you one day!" Her tone was half teasing, half challenging.

Profile pic
Old February 17th, 2018, 10:00 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Cherrypaw's grin grew bigger until it couldn't grow anymore. She absolutely loved being praised. It meant an awful lot to her especially when it came from someone that she looked up to. Satisfaction and excitement build up in her little body. Finding it hard to contain, the apprentice couldn't stop her tail from flickering back and forth almost like a dog's tail. "You think so?" The she-cat fought back a purr. She was glad that Blazingcomet saw a bright future for her. After all their training and time together, he'd obviously be one of the cats (perhaps even the one cat) who knew her best. Cherrypaw obviously trusted her mentor's judgement. Well, she trusted him when it came to this at least. Unable to keep her entire body still anymore, Cherrypaw pranced around in a circle happily. She hoped she didn't seem too much like a kit, but she was feeling pretty good at the moment. The apprentice wanted to enjoy it while it lasted. Who knew what tomorrow would hold? "I promise I'll be the best apprentice you'll ever have!" Cherrypaw told Blazingcomet, determination blazing in her clear blue eyes. "I'll be a better fighter than even you one day!" Her tone was half teasing, half challenging.
The orange tom’s eyes sparkled with mischief at Cherrypaw’s words, and his tail twitched back and forth playfully. ”Yeah? Impress me.” He challenged, although there was nothing menacing or harsh about it - every part of his body seemed to be almost trembling with excitement, a smile spread over his features as he thought about the future. Someday, Cherrypaw would be a warrior… Blazingcomet would have successfully trained his very first apprentice. It would prove something to himself, about commitment - that he could stay committed - and it would prove something to Drizzleshard, too. The she cat clearly thought he wasn’t able to stay committed to anything… but he would show her. He would show everyone. This was a fight that Blazingcomet just wasn’t willing to back down from. It’ll be a long time before you’re a better fighter than I am, I’ve been a warrior since before you were born!” The tom purred, not entirely sure if that was true or not - he’d been a warrior for about ten moons now, and he was fairly sure Cherrypaw was at least that young - or younger, so in the end, he supposed he was correct. Standing there on the training plateau, with his apprentice, just able to be himself… it was the best that Blazingcomet had felt in a long time. Everyone needed some time away, to rest and get ahold of their thoughts. The orange tom might not like being alone, but sometimes it was good not to be a part of a crowd. And this? This was definitely good for him. It felt… well, wonderful.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old February 19th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
The orange tom’s eyes sparkled with mischief at Cherrypaw’s words, and his tail twitched back and forth playfully. ”Yeah? Impress me.” He challenged, although there was nothing menacing or harsh about it - every part of his body seemed to be almost trembling with excitement, a smile spread over his features as he thought about the future. Someday, Cherrypaw would be a warrior… Blazingcomet would have successfully trained his very first apprentice. It would prove something to himself, about commitment - that he could stay committed - and it would prove something to Drizzleshard, too. The she cat clearly thought he wasn’t able to stay committed to anything… but he would show her. He would show everyone. This was a fight that Blazingcomet just wasn’t willing to back down from. It’ll be a long time before you’re a better fighter than I am, I’ve been a warrior since before you were born!” The tom purred, not entirely sure if that was true or not - he’d been a warrior for about ten moons now, and he was fairly sure Cherrypaw was at least that young - or younger, so in the end, he supposed he was correct. Standing there on the training plateau, with his apprentice, just able to be himself… it was the best that Blazingcomet had felt in a long time. Everyone needed some time away, to rest and get ahold of their thoughts. The orange tom might not like being alone, but sometimes it was good not to be a part of a crowd. And this? This was definitely good for him. It felt… well, wonderful.
Cherrypaw purred, enjoying this small interaction with her mentor. Training was hard most days. The small she-cat often got frustrated with herself if she couldn't figure something out or if she could meet the expectations that either herself or her mentor set for her. She couldn't handle things like that well, so it wasn't uncommon for Cherrypaw to get annoyed with Blazingcomet too, even if he was just doing his job. But sometimes the two SkyClan cats had moments like these that made up for all of those times when the apprentice just felt defeated. The snow white she-cat was more like her mentor than she cared to admit. She always prided herself on being an individual. But this playful back and forth was comfortable for the apprentice. And like now, Cherrypaw frequently noticed that the ginger tom was one of the few cats who could match her amount of energy and charisma.

"You better be careful of what you challenge me to. I just might surprise you!" The little apprentice warned with a teasing tone. Her blue eyes were sparkling with laughter. She whipped around and began batting the air with her paws, making sound effects with her mouth. "That doesn't matter." Cherrypaw declared. "One day I'm gonna knock out whoever stands in my way. Even you!" She spun around and faked a blow aimed at her mentor. She settled down soon after. "I mean it, though." The apprentice mewed more seriously now. "I want to be a good warrior. I want you to be proud at my warrior ceremony. I'm gonna try really hard to make it all happen." Determination rushed through the small cat's body. She'd felt oddly determined. The past few moons had been rough on her motivation, but it seems that maybe Cherrypaw was finally getting some of it back. She spent a lot of time thinking about the future, but not doing a lot of preparing for that future in the present. Cherrypaw had one duty and that was to protect and defend her Clan. Training hard was the only way that she was going to fulfill that goal.

Profile pic
Old February 21st, 2018, 07:21 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Cherrypaw purred, enjoying this small interaction with her mentor. Training was hard most days. The small she-cat often got frustrated with herself if she couldn't figure something out or if she could meet the expectations that either herself or her mentor set for her. She couldn't handle things like that well, so it wasn't uncommon for Cherrypaw to get annoyed with Blazingcomet too, even if he was just doing his job. But sometimes the two SkyClan cats had moments like these that made up for all of those times when the apprentice just felt defeated. The snow white she-cat was more like her mentor than she cared to admit. She always prided herself on being an individual. But this playful back and forth was comfortable for the apprentice. And like now, Cherrypaw frequently noticed that the ginger tom was one of the few cats who could match her amount of energy and charisma.

"You better be careful of what you challenge me to. I just might surprise you!" The little apprentice warned with a teasing tone. Her blue eyes were sparkling with laughter. She whipped around and began batting the air with her paws, making sound effects with her mouth. "That doesn't matter." Cherrypaw declared. "One day I'm gonna knock out whoever stands in my way. Even you!" She spun around and faked a blow aimed at her mentor. She settled down soon after. "I mean it, though." The apprentice mewed more seriously now. "I want to be a good warrior. I want you to be proud at my warrior ceremony. I'm gonna try really hard to make it all happen." Determination rushed through the small cat's body. She'd felt oddly determined. The past few moons had been rough on her motivation, but it seems that maybe Cherrypaw was finally getting some of it back. She spent a lot of time thinking about the future, but not doing a lot of preparing for that future in the present. Cherrypaw had one duty and that was to protect and defend her Clan. Training hard was the only way that she was going to fulfill that goal.
”I’ll be proud of you, I can promise you that. Even if you fall down flat on your face in front of the entire Clan.” Blazingcomet’s whiskers twitched when he said this last part, but he managed to keep from smiling… as difficult as it was. His golden eyes scanned over the younger cat. Cherrypaw was definitely going to have the abilities of a good warrior. She had a certain power to her, feminine, but sweet... and smart, she knew what she was doing - all important things. She was brave and loyal and would someday make the Clan proud. Blazingcomet didn’t have any doubt about that. And yet he was worried for her, wondering if she was going to grow up and find happiness like he thought he had - he wondered if he was teaching her everything she needed to know.

At some point, Cherrypaw was going to get older and start noticing toms a lot more. Blazingcomet knew this. And at some point, they were going to notice her too - he’d discovered that toms became interested in she cats a little before they returned that interest, or it had been that way for him and his friends. Perhaps she would meet a nice tom, or maybe he would be flirty (like Blazingcomet himself) - but Cherrypaw was almost like a daughter. More like a younger sister, really, but the age difference was almost great enough for them to be father and daughter. ”Alright. Ready to keep going?” He asked, striking a playful fighting pose, although the training was serious. He wanted to make sure that Cherrypaw had the skills she needed to fend off attackers, especially with the tension brewing between other Clans - Blazingcomet wasn’t sure if SkyClan would ever get involved in these battles, but he wasn’t going to take the chance that she would be unprepared if she were forced to take part.

The tom would do his best to keep his apprentice out of the battle, if it were to come to that, but in the end… she was the only one who could decide whether or not she was ready to fight. After all, Cherrypaw knew herself best. Besides, even if there wasn’t a battle, she could always use these moves on any ill-meaning young toms who came to woo the pretty feline. Blazingcomet knew a few she cats who would probably be laughing if they knew he was doing this… he had been, and still was, a flirt, and it should be expected that he would be helping his fellow toms, but instead… here he was, doing the exact opposite. It was definitely funny. What do you think of this, Drizzleshard? The tom hated the fact that he wasn’t with his former mate. Although he liked Petal, maybe even loved her, it was hard for him… he’d always thought that he would be with her forever.

Old February 24th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
”I’ll be proud of you, I can promise you that. Even if you fall down flat on your face in front of the entire Clan.” Blazingcomet’s whiskers twitched when he said this last part, but he managed to keep from smiling… as difficult as it was. His golden eyes scanned over the younger cat. Cherrypaw was definitely going to have the abilities of a good warrior. She had a certain power to her, feminine, but sweet... and smart, she knew what she was doing - all important things. She was brave and loyal and would someday make the Clan proud. Blazingcomet didn’t have any doubt about that. And yet he was worried for her, wondering if she was going to grow up and find happiness like he thought he had - he wondered if he was teaching her everything she needed to know.

At some point, Cherrypaw was going to get older and start noticing toms a lot more. Blazingcomet knew this. And at some point, they were going to notice her too - he’d discovered that toms became interested in she cats a little before they returned that interest, or it had been that way for him and his friends. Perhaps she would meet a nice tom, or maybe he would be flirty (like Blazingcomet himself) - but Cherrypaw was almost like a daughter. More like a younger sister, really, but the age difference was almost great enough for them to be father and daughter. ”Alright. Ready to keep going?” He asked, striking a playful fighting pose, although the training was serious. He wanted to make sure that Cherrypaw had the skills she needed to fend off attackers, especially with the tension brewing between other Clans - Blazingcomet wasn’t sure if SkyClan would ever get involved in these battles, but he wasn’t going to take the chance that she would be unprepared if she were forced to take part.

The tom would do his best to keep his apprentice out of the battle, if it were to come to that, but in the end… she was the only one who could decide whether or not she was ready to fight. After all, Cherrypaw knew herself best. Besides, even if there wasn’t a battle, she could always use these moves on any ill-meaning young toms who came to woo the pretty feline. Blazingcomet knew a few she cats who would probably be laughing if they knew he was doing this… he had been, and still was, a flirt, and it should be expected that he would be helping his fellow toms, but instead… here he was, doing the exact opposite. It was definitely funny. What do you think of this, Drizzleshard? The tom hated the fact that he wasn’t with his former mate. Although he liked Petal, maybe even loved her, it was hard for him… he’d always thought that he would be with her forever.
A warm and fuzzy feeling enveloped the white apprentice. She knew he was joking about the last part (she'd playfully wrinkled her nose at him when he said it), but what Blazingcomet had said boosted Cherrypaw's confidence in herself, whether she needed that confidence boost or not. She didn't think she needed the approval of any other cat, but the apprentice didn't hate that feeling she got when she knew other cats accepted or believed in her. It made her feel less lonely and more important. For a moment she wondered how her relationship with Blazingcomet would change after she became a warrior. Cherrypaw considered their relationship to be a close one. Well, she was closer with Blazingcomet than she was with any other older cat. Would they continue to talk and maybe even train together every once in awhile? It was weird to think about training everyday with her mentor and then suddenly not. There were other thoughts that were weird to think about too. Would Blazingcomet accept another apprentice once Cherrypaw got her warrior name? She assumed he would. Wasn't training apprentices one of the greatest perks of being a Clan warrior? The blue-eyed she-cat shook her head as if that would shake out her jealous thoughts. Her relationship with Blazingcomet was going to be whatever it was meant to be or whatever Cherrypaw shaped it to be.

"Let's do it!" Cherrypaw mewed, striking an equally silly pose. She was still a little bit tired still, but this little break gave the apprentice the oppurtunity to get her breath back once again. Her blue eyes sparkled with determination as she tried to focus once more on training.

Profile pic
Old March 2nd, 2018, 07:42 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
A warm and fuzzy feeling enveloped the white apprentice. She knew he was joking about the last part (she'd playfully wrinkled her nose at him when he said it), but what Blazingcomet had said boosted Cherrypaw's confidence in herself, whether she needed that confidence boost or not. She didn't think she needed the approval of any other cat, but the apprentice didn't hate that feeling she got when she knew other cats accepted or believed in her. It made her feel less lonely and more important. For a moment she wondered how her relationship with Blazingcomet would change after she became a warrior. Cherrypaw considered their relationship to be a close one. Well, she was closer with Blazingcomet than she was with any other older cat. Would they continue to talk and maybe even train together every once in awhile? It was weird to think about training everyday with her mentor and then suddenly not. There were other thoughts that were weird to think about too. Would Blazingcomet accept another apprentice once Cherrypaw got her warrior name? She assumed he would. Wasn't training apprentices one of the greatest perks of being a Clan warrior? The blue-eyed she-cat shook her head as if that would shake out her jealous thoughts. Her relationship with Blazingcomet was going to be whatever it was meant to be or whatever Cherrypaw shaped it to be.

"Let's do it!" Cherrypaw mewed, striking an equally silly pose. She was still a little bit tired still, but this little break gave the apprentice the oppurtunity to get her breath back once again. Her blue eyes sparkled with determination as she tried to focus once more on training.
The orange warrior smirked at her, before backing away and getting ready to make his move. He studied the white she cat, his tail twitching back and forth. Cherrypaw had a lot of energy - if only it was focused in the right places. He could see her, within time, becoming a great warrior… and he would, of course, be proud that he’d gotten to train with her. To watch her grow up. Being an apprentice was exciting, and new… this was a time for new emotions to be formed, for relationships to be strengthened (or weakened), for boundaries to be tested. This and being a young warrior - which Blazingcomet already knew.

He was still fairly young, but he felt like he’d been through a lifetime already. He’d had a mate, he’d had a few interests, and he’d been around so many cats that he thought he’d met just about every personality type there was. Flirty, introverted, extroverted, reckless, cautious, guarded, open… everything. He wanted Cherrypaw to experience all of those cats as well. Which was why he wasn’t stressing too much on training right now - of course, there would be other moments when he would want her to succeed, to do her best, but for now? It was alright with him if she fell down a few times. It was alright if she slacked off a little, because she was still learning. He could guide her, he could challenge her, he could help her, but he couldn’t force her to do anything. Force would never work.

Blazingcomet’s own mentor had been pretty good about that kind of thing… but his guiding skills, just for general life things, had been lacking. Perhaps the tom would have turned out a little better and not had all the trouble with Drizzleshard had his mentor been different. And, the warrior honestly couldn’t blame him all that much - after all, he’d been pretty laid back - with the occasional passive-aggressive remark, or sarcastic snort of laughter. After a few moments of thinking, and studying Cherrypaw, Blazingcomet finally made his move - springing towards the she cat at a higher speed then before.

Old March 4th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
The orange warrior smirked at her, before backing away and getting ready to make his move. He studied the white she cat, his tail twitching back and forth. Cherrypaw had a lot of energy - if only it was focused in the right places. He could see her, within time, becoming a great warrior… and he would, of course, be proud that he’d gotten to train with her. To watch her grow up. Being an apprentice was exciting, and new… this was a time for new emotions to be formed, for relationships to be strengthened (or weakened), for boundaries to be tested. This and being a young warrior - which Blazingcomet already knew.

He was still fairly young, but he felt like he’d been through a lifetime already. He’d had a mate, he’d had a few interests, and he’d been around so many cats that he thought he’d met just about every personality type there was. Flirty, introverted, extroverted, reckless, cautious, guarded, open… everything. He wanted Cherrypaw to experience all of those cats as well. Which was why he wasn’t stressing too much on training right now - of course, there would be other moments when he would want her to succeed, to do her best, but for now? It was alright with him if she fell down a few times. It was alright if she slacked off a little, because she was still learning. He could guide her, he could challenge her, he could help her, but he couldn’t force her to do anything. Force would never work.

Blazingcomet’s own mentor had been pretty good about that kind of thing… but his guiding skills, just for general life things, had been lacking. Perhaps the tom would have turned out a little better and not had all the trouble with Drizzleshard had his mentor been different. And, the warrior honestly couldn’t blame him all that much - after all, he’d been pretty laid back - with the occasional passive-aggressive remark, or sarcastic snort of laughter. After a few moments of thinking, and studying Cherrypaw, Blazingcomet finally made his move - springing towards the she cat at a higher speed then before.
Cherrypaw tried to remember everything that she'd learned from this training session so far. She was hoping that she'd be able to apply what she'd learned during the battle. The apprentice's blue eyes widened the slightest bit when Blazingcomet headed towards her with the fastest speed she'd seen so far. Determined not to let that throw her off, the white apprentice ducked and dashed to the side, making sure that side was the one with her mentor's good leg. Her rushed dash had kicked up a small cloud of dirt. She stuck out her little white paw hoping that she'd catch the ginger tom's side. Cherrypaw turned to face her mentor, careful not to let him catch her with her back turned towards him.

The little she-cat was enjoying this feeling she had. She felt far more confident now than she had minutes ago. Everything was so much more fun when she knew how to do it. For a heartbeat Cherrypaw felt like she could do this all day without a worry. She wondered if she'd be able to get one of the other apprentices to spar with her after this training session ended. The apprentice had to remind herself that she'd probably feel tired by then despite how energetic she may have felt now. It was adrenaline that was fueling her movements now. Every swipe and dodging movement she would make would be fueled by that power. It would be this way in real battle too. It'll be pride and passion as well as adrenaline fueling me in real battle, Cherrypaw thought. Real battles were fought to defend something. In Cherrypaw's case she'd be defending SkyClan. Knowing that there was a home to protect would surely give her the might to defeat every cat who may have threatened her Clan.

Profile pic
Old March 7th, 2018, 05:27 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Cherrypaw tried to remember everything that she'd learned from this training session so far. She was hoping that she'd be able to apply what she'd learned during the battle. The apprentice's blue eyes widened the slightest bit when Blazingcomet headed towards her with the fastest speed she'd seen so far. Determined not to let that throw her off, the white apprentice ducked and dashed to the side, making sure that side was the one with her mentor's good leg. Her rushed dash had kicked up a small cloud of dirt. She stuck out her little white paw hoping that she'd catch the ginger tom's side. Cherrypaw turned to face her mentor, careful not to let him catch her with her back turned towards him.

The little she-cat was enjoying this feeling she had. She felt far more confident now than she had minutes ago. Everything was so much more fun when she knew how to do it. For a heartbeat Cherrypaw felt like she could do this all day without a worry. She wondered if she'd be able to get one of the other apprentices to spar with her after this training session ended. The apprentice had to remind herself that she'd probably feel tired by then despite how energetic she may have felt now. It was adrenaline that was fueling her movements now. Every swipe and dodging movement she would make would be fueled by that power. It would be this way in real battle too. It'll be pride and passion as well as adrenaline fueling me in real battle, Cherrypaw thought. Real battles were fought to defend something. In Cherrypaw's case she'd be defending SkyClan. Knowing that there was a home to protect would surely give her the might to defeat every cat who may have threatened her Clan.
Blazingcomet leapt through the air, his timing a little bit off, but for the most part he was headed in the right direction - his eyes fixed solely on Cherrypaw’s smaller frame. Problem was, the she cat was so small, he almost landed right over her - instead, he landed where she had been only moments before, and had just managed to regain some of his balance when it was thrown off again by the she cat trying to catch him in the side. At the moment her blow (thankfully) didn’t do much, but it was enough to shake him and cause him to stumble just a little bit. The orange tom narrowed his golden eyes, and whirled around, sending up a cloud of dust as the turn was a little too sharp - a shame, but there was nothing to be done about it.

He struck out with his own paw, aiming for her shoulder - his claws were sheathed, of course, but he had to make sure the movement wasn’t so fast she didn’t have time to think… that would come later. Perhaps he wasn’t doing her any favors by slowing things down, but if he made it too fast, what would happen? Would she get discouraged because she wasn’t able to keep up with him? Would she go ask Grousestar for another mentor because Blazingcomet was too hard on her? Irrational fears, perhaps… but they were very real possibilities for the tom. He hadn’t realized just how hard being a mentor could be.

Thankfully he didn’t know the ups and downs of parenthood, either… not yet. Perhaps he never would. The tom might make a good friend, but being a father definitely wasn’t for him. Moving away so that he could get a clear shot again, the tom charged for Cherrypaw, this time checking his speed and distance away before he leapt. It was harder than it looked, executing a good jump like that - he hadn’t thought it would be that difficult back in his own apprentice days.