Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > General Board

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Lucythecat
Today 02:16 PM
BeePaw, WistriaPaw...
by leader
Last post by CallMeCrimson
Today 02:12 PM
Stars in the dark [F]
Last post by lys.luvbot
Today 02:04 PM
ShadowClan Resources
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 01:57 PM

Old February 19th, 2018, 08:35 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Chatbox

@NightWarrior4Life thought you might like the opinion of someone who lacks a HR or is staff so here it is...just try to be nice and active and apply and not complain or discourage other HRs characters (Grousestar-he's kept due to activeness and enjoying it. Besides there is two positions open Daydream's apprentice and Passionblaze's deputy (a finder/hand picking) will happen eventually.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old February 20th, 2018, 02:18 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
@NightWarrior4Life thought you might like the opinion of someone who lacks a HR or is staff so here it is...just try to be nice and active and apply and not complain or discourage other HRs characters (Grousestar-he's kept due to activeness and enjoying it. Besides there is two positions open Daydream's apprentice and Passionblaze's deputy (a finder/hand picking) will happen eventually.
I know I wasn't trying to slam Grousestar or Dusk at all I was trying to show my admiration for them but I guess I worded it wrong and it sounded like I meant it in a mean way...

But I've tried that...it's mostly what I've been doing this past year but obviously it hasn't worked so I don't know what else to do anymore...but I just need you guys to stop yelling at me and making me feel like I mean nothing and actually help!
Old February 20th, 2018, 02:39 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
I know I wasn't trying to slam Grousestar or Dusk at all I was trying to show my admiration for them but I guess I worded it wrong and it sounded like I meant it in a mean way...

But I've tried that...it's mostly what I've been doing this past year but obviously it hasn't worked so I don't know what else to do anymore...but I just need you guys to stop yelling at me and making me feel like I mean nothing and actually help!
If you’ve been trying for the past year, just keep going. I’m sure that there are lots of people on this site who’ve been keeping up a friendly attitude on this site and still don’t have a high rank. You’re not the only one. I know that a year can be a long time but if you focus your attention on other parts of the site, time’ll fly by and who knows, you might get a high rank soon enough.
No one is yelling at you and we are helping you by giving you advice. Please don’t feel like you mean nothing, this is just a roleplay site after all and you shouldn’t let it impact your feelings that much.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old February 20th, 2018, 04:13 AM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:

(( i feel like i could maybe offer my own two cents on this ? i’m not trying to bash you in any way ))

some of us have to wait ages to get our high rank. me? well, i waited almost three years until jingle asked me about goldenstar (then goldeneye) and he became deputy. trust me, i understand how much you want to become a high rank, i was just as excited at one point
however, a lot of responsibilities come with that, i’m not exactly sure if i’m allowed to say, but the highranks do have our own set of rules that we need to follow
trust me, if you stay friendly, and enjoy yourself on the site (it really isn’t a big deal if you don’t have a high rank, trust me) maybe it’ll come when you least expect it c:
Old February 20th, 2018, 06:10 AM
5,445 posts on old site

...realizes I've been on WCO longer than about half the HRs (just an estimate) and I think Empress and Sus...(could be completely wrong on that) and still am yet to get an HR...granted, I had alot of infractions in the past lol. Wow. The only HR that was an active HR when I joined and still is alive is Zerosight...wow I feel old joining way back on October, 2014

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old February 20th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

The character doesn’t really matter that much when it comes to becoming a high rank. It’s the member that the staff look at and check to see whether their account is good standing or not. If you think that your characters are bland (and you shouldn’t think like that! Everyones character is unique in one way or the other) then handpicking is probably a better way for you. Handpicking focuses more on the account than the character so in my personal opinion, it’s a better way to go about choosing new high ranks.
Don’t lose hope, just put your focus on other things such as improving your writing and having a friendly attitude everywhere c:
Thank you! <3 that makes me feel a bit better about it all :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
well, to put it blunt, its not just you. do you know how many people are on this site ? over 1,000 ! youre not the only one who thinks that their cats deserved to be recognized. when you apply forms, i can tell you they are read thoroughly before picking. do you know how many things i applied for and i got shot down? countless times ! and, you arent acknowledging what im also telling you. im telling you to not focus on getting shot down, and looking it as a chance to improve yourself instead.

im giving you solid advice, you can take it if you want to, i dont really care.
Okay...
I guess my problem is, I focus too much on the negatives (even in real life) of everything an never really the positives so I guess I should try and be a bit more open-minded...

I want to forget this ever happened now I'm truly sorry I hope we can put it behind us? I'm just afraid my chances at getting anything have been completely lowered...I don't want that to happen I hope that's not the case...I guess I never think of the consequences of things either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

If you’ve been trying for the past year, just keep going. I’m sure that there are lots of people on this site who’ve been keeping up a friendly attitude on this site and still don’t have a high rank. You’re not the only one. I know that a year can be a long time but if you focus your attention on other parts of the site, time’ll fly by and who knows, you might get a high rank soon enough.
No one is yelling at you and we are helping you by giving you advice. Please don’t feel like you mean nothing, this is just a roleplay site after all and you shouldn’t let it impact your feelings that much.
I know but sometimes I feel like I have to wear a fake smile all the time...

And I know this is just a site and it shouldn't be that big of a deal but I suppose a main reason why I want to get a HR is to prove that I can be more...I can achieve something...

In real life (especially recently) I get told all the time that I'm useless and can't do anything and that I try too hard and I'm desperate...I honestly just want to prove everyone wrong but do it by being myself but now I kind of feel like that's not the case and I have to be fake to get to my goals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue Wishes:. View Post

(( i feel like i could maybe offer my own two cents on this ? i’m not trying to bash you in any way ))

some of us have to wait ages to get our high rank. me? well, i waited almost three years until jingle asked me about goldenstar (then goldeneye) and he became deputy. trust me, i understand how much you want to become a high rank, i was just as excited at one point
however, a lot of responsibilities come with that, i’m not exactly sure if i’m allowed to say, but the highranks do have our own set of rules that we need to follow
trust me, if you stay friendly, and enjoy yourself on the site (it really isn’t a big deal if you don’t have a high rank, trust me) maybe it’ll come when you least expect it c:
Okay I understand...but now I feel like I should give up because now basically EVERYONE on this site knows I'm a whiny little...drama queen...I'm certainly not gonna get a HR now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post
On another note. No member is informed they were considered, it's against guidelines. That's between the HR member and staff. You're not allowed an explanation for why you weren't chosen and you'll never know you were on the list of people they chose unless the HR member chooses to do trial RPs between different members.
I know but I do kind of wish I knew why I wasn't chosen...or a bit of a better idea of what they're actually looking for...maybe I should make a thread and get some feedback on my characters? Just thought it would be a good idea...

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; February 20th, 2018 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Posted multiple times in a row. Less than 6 hours apart from each other
Old February 20th, 2018, 10:27 AM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Okay I understand...but now I feel like I should give up because now basically EVERYONE on this site knows I'm a whiny little...drama queen...I'm certainly not gonna get a HR now
well not with that attitude you certainly won't, i can't really offer any other advice, sorry, other then saying stuff like that isn't really a good idea, as some may view it as bellyaching or guilt-tripping
Old February 20th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue Wishes:. View Post

well not with that attitude you certainly won't, i can't really offer any other advice, sorry, other then saying stuff like that isn't really a good idea, as some may view it as bellyaching or guilt-tripping
Alright, fair enough
Old February 20th, 2018, 08:09 PM
5,445 posts on old site

What a surprise...I'm the kid who trips on my shoe in the locker room and with my other foot (which had a who on) step on my phone and strain my ACL...im so lucky (ACL was in theater rehearsal)

Old February 21st, 2018, 10:00 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
...realizes I've been on WCO longer than about half the HRs (just an estimate) and I think Empress and Sus...(could be completely wrong on that) and still am yet to get an HR...granted, I had alot of infractions in the past lol. Wow. The only HR that was an active HR when I joined and still is alive is Zerosight...wow I feel old joining way back on October, 2014
The word "infraction" terrifies me...