Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Adoption Acres

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 04:09 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 03:41 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM

Old November 17th, 2023, 07:52 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Exclamation Willowfreeze

A picturesque fairytale, Willowfreeze's days were spent in the company of a similarly-aged tom (who'd become Mountain--. As of RN, he doesn't have an owner so his info is subject to be changed!) She was deeply in love, enchanted by his looks and rougher exterior, and she was quick to fall pregnant.

Then he left, and her world shattered. Unlike many mothers who'd become closer to her children, her pain from losing her mate turned to anger - directed at the kits. As she became close to kitting, she spent her days out in the forest more - deliberately so when she did kit, she could abandon them to the elements. They had ruin her life; she would not let them continue to bog her down. Maybe without them, she could have Mountain again...

The kits came, and with them a difficult and lonely birthing process. The blood attracted a nearby fox and she barely managed to escape, believing the kits left behind to be dead. Unfortunately for her, a nearby patrol caught whiff of the blood and fox and went to investigate. Though most of the kits did not survive the fox attack, they managed to save at least one - who'd go on to become Bumblestar's Wolfpaw.

Willowfreeze played off her loss as a miscarriage, and before returning to camp made sure to carefully clean herself from blood. She was aware of the survivor(s) but kept a cold distance, telling herself that now she could be with Mountain again. The once optimistic cat was dead, replaced with a jaded lady who wanted nothing more than her rugged husband back. He never did come, and her resentment toward the surviving kit(s) has only grown.

However, like many ThunderClan cats she has noticed how attached to Wolfpaw Bumblestar is, and is considering how to use that to her advantage. Even if it doesn't get her Mountainbeau back, an elevated status in the Clan could be favorable...

This is my rough concept of Willowfreeze, a ThunderClan lady who was ditched by a partner she loved dearly. Instead of caring for their kits, she grew to hate them, believing he left because of their existence. Her attempts of killing them only somewhat worked thanks to Meddling Kids(TM) and didn't bring Mountain back, and present-day she's starting to see one of their relationships as an opportunity to gain power within ThunderClan.

You do not need to use this when applying, and can alter the character as you see fit. The last attempt at adopting her more people wanted Mountain, so I figured adding some spice to her might give her more attention. I'm not terribly interested in soft, squishy cats who would have never abandoned Wolf, etc since I don't think that makes much sense. Wolfpaw doesn't know his biological family, the only parent he recognizes is Bumblestar.

Basic information you should know:

This is the design meant for Willowfreeze. Using it is optional, but minimally she needs to look similar to Wolfpaw.

Willowfreeze is around 26 moons old. She had Wolfpaw roughly 11 moons ago as of posting this.

She is in ThunderClan currently but that is subject to change if you acquire ownership.

She must be AFAB, but I don't care what her current identity is. You can keep it, change it, doesn't matter to me.

If you do use the design and you go inactive with Willowfreeze (e.g. you shelf her, she goes missing indefinitely.. etc.), I do have the right to take the design back as I purchased it from @Shade. If it comes to this, I may also revoke her relationship to Wolfpaw since I'm interested in being able to do plots with them.

Answer the following to apply:
  • How do you plan on handling her estranged relationship with Wolfpaw?

• Once Mountain's roleplayer is established, do you plan on pursuing their old flame?

• Do you have any other plot ideas for Willowfreeze?

• What would you change about her, if anything?

• If you no longer have time for Willowfreeze, do you agree to return her to me for rehoming purposes?
Please avoid placeholders. My last thread got flooded with them and most haven't been edited to have actual applications, so I'd prefer to not have a repeat

Last edited by BEAR.; November 17th, 2023 at 07:55 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2023, 01:28 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Willowfreeze

just gonna... scooch on in here... i got bit by the 11pm motivation bug oops...

"I'll never let it go. This is for you, Mountain!"
Nothing's more furious, or cunning, than a lover scorned. What was once a fairy-tale turned into a nightmare when Willow's one true love Mountain rejected her in the face of her pregnancy. She was left alone and abandoned - and it drove her out of her mind. The distraught queen did everything she could think of to win her mate back; everything short of killing another. Whatever obstacle, whatever hoop (whether real or imagined) she would leap through it. Whenever Mountain said to jump (which he... never really did), Willow soared.

...None of it was enough to bring him back.

Once it set in that her lover was not returning, Willow was too far along in her pregnancy. Anger overtook her and so she staged the perfect revenge. In one final act to get Mountain to look her way, she spent most of her time out in the territory. To her satisfaction, she ended up kitting far away from camp. It was long and painful - and the blood of it drew in her expected guests. Quickly fleeing from the scene, she soon returned to camp (after cleaning herself up) and tearfully fell to any who would listen. It was a travesty; she had lost her bundles of joy (Secretly, she had hoped that this would bring Mountain back - it did not).

But when a patrol soon returned with a lone kit, rescued from none other than a fox, Willow knew her plan had failed. Hatred for the surviving kit allowed her to keep her cold distance, believing that his survival had been the reason Mountain had not come back. So she stayed away in the hopes he would see that she cared not for the kit, and only for him. Unfortunately, it did not sway her old beau.

...As the moons continued however, Willow saw a blossoming relationship between her only son and their leader, Bumblestar. Surely, if all she had done so far would not bring Mountain back, an elevated position within the Clan would? But how to reintroduce herself after the moons spent away? And could she stomach her disdain for the kid long enough to pull it off?

How do you plan on handling her estranged relationship with Wolfpaw?
-She would likely try to manipulate the situation to her favor. True to her character and her one true goal of getting her lover back, she would attempt to grow closer to Wolfpaw under the guise of being an "adoptive mother" with the sob story that she lost her own kits around the time he was brought into ThunderClan - maybe going as far as to say she was a friend of his mothers (because if abandoning him didn't work, maybe growing closer will?) She would try to approach him, befriend him, doing whatever she thought necessary to create a bond between them to later use for her own manipulative desires.

Once Mountain's roleplayer is established, do you plan on pursuing their old flame?
-Oh absolutely. Everything Willow does will be to gain the attention of her former flame. Not a cat who accepts no for an answer, she would continue to climb that tree with a tenacious and unrelenting behavior. Utilizing her newfound connection with Wolfpaw (and Bumblestar) she would try to raise her status in the Clan - because what's more appealing than a confident she-cat with authority in the Clan?

Do you have any other plot ideas for Willowfreeze?
-Quite a few. Since Wolfpaw sees Bumblestar as his only parent, I can forsee resistance from the little lad if Willow tries to befriend him at first. So in order to gain trust, she would arrange situations in which she would save either cat; perhaps meeting in secret with a ShadowClan patrol promising them a swing at Bumblestar, not telling them that she planned to be there on the patrol to kill them, thus "saving" both her leader and Wolfpaw.
-I imagine eventually she'll eventually get caught, as I don't plan on her being all that careful as the moons go on due to her impatience. Perhaps she is a cat misled by the illusion of love and how it will fix everything, all she needs is for Mountain to come back. Or maybe there will be hope for her if she comes to realize that she's enough just as she is without needing to rely on Mountain. It would heavily depend on how the roleplay changes!

What would you change about her, if anything?
-Not much really. Her backstory sort of inspired me to add more depth to her as a cat who has only ever wanted one thing in her life; to be loved and adored more than anything.

If you no longer have time for Willowfreeze, do you agree to return her to me for rehoming purposes?
-Of course!

"and so with my face turned up to the rain... i live."
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse
Old November 23rd, 2023, 01:37 AM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Default Re: Willowfreeze

How do you plan on handling her estranged relationship with Wolfpaw?
I'm planning on maybe a poisoning, or perhaps, she could help him with training, and then attempt to get closer to him, to manipulate him
Once Mountain's roleplayer is established, do you plan on pursuing their old flame?
Probably
Do you have any other plot ideas for Willowfreeze?
nahhh
What would you change about her, if anything?
nothin
If you no longer have time for Willowfreeze, do you agree to return her to me for rehoming purposes?
Of course!!
@BEAR.

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw