by lio
Last post by Undertaker
Today 12:52 PM

Old October 15th, 2023, 06:08 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Default Re: Croaking Swamp

@Dark @lynxyboo
Dawnstar led her patrol out of camp and in the direction of the swamp once Hazelstripe arrived. She remained quiet throughout the walk there, seemingly in no mood to chat with anyone. As they reached the swamp, she flung some stray mud off her paws and then glanced behind her at the other two warriors. "I should not have to explain what needed to be done. I want at least two prey caught, our prey pile is low." Dawnstar told them before padding off to do some hunting on her own.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; October 15th, 2023 at 06:08 PM.
Old October 15th, 2023, 06:24 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan Re: Croaking Swamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
@Dark @lynxyboo
Dawnstar led her patrol out of camp and in the direction of the swamp once Hazelstripe arrived. She remained quiet throughout the walk there, seemingly in no mood to chat with anyone. As they reached the swamp, she flung some stray mud off her paws and then glanced behind her at the other two warriors. "I should not have to explain what needed to be done. I want at least two prey caught, our prey pile is low." Dawnstar told them before padding off to do some hunting on her own.
Dovedance nodded. She opened her jaws slightly to scent the air. ''I smell rabbit,'' she mewed to Hazelstripe. ''I'll take this side and you take the other. I'll corner it and drive it towards you to make the catch.''
Crouching, Dovedance narrowed her amber gaze, stalking forward. She cornered the rabbit, sending it straight toward where Hazelstripe lay on the other side.
@Dark

Last edited by paris; October 15th, 2023 at 06:25 PM.
Old October 16th, 2023, 01:30 PM
Vanity of Vanities

Status: Currently reading the New Prophecy series of Warrior Cats
My Mood: Bored

SHADEFROST
Agatha Kitty|Active, Mind Reader|Active, Silver Tongue|Active

Shadefrost hardly ever traveled to this part of the forest. It wasn't that he didn't like it or anything, he just never really had a reason to come around here. Plus the swampy terrain wasn't necessarily the best when it came to leisurely strolls, but that didn't matter now. It was Shade's duty to serve his clan, and if that meant trudging through thick swamps, then so be it. It didn't take the black cat long before he spotted the first of the of the things Elmshadow had asked for. Moss. They were everywhere, attached to the sides of tree's, logs, rocks and whatever else was there. Gingerly he scraped some off and took it in his jaws. Then he moved onto his next target. The Cobwebs. Now that was a much harder task the the first, but Shade eventually found them. They were tangled in the leaves of a nearby bush, just sitting there waiting to be taken. Shadefrost took a paw and pulled a good sized wad away, making sure not to loose any before placing it in his mouth. With that out of the way the warrior turned and started heading back to camp.

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer
Old October 18th, 2023, 11:20 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Hazelstripe

The Collector: Inactive

Hazelstripe decided that she liked Dawnstar. She appreciated that she was direct and to the point of what they were to do, as well as the silence that followed them as they made their way to the swamp. Of course, the leader hadn’t directly said anything, but a true warrior would know what needed to be done without being told in situations like these. The tabby warrior was a bit frustrated with Dovedance’s earlier attitude but decided that she’d magnanimously overlook it on this occasion due to Dawnstar’s presence.

Watching the leader go in one direction, Hazelstripe narrowed her eyes at the other she-cat’s instructions but didn’t say anything. Unfortunately, infuriatingly, Dovedance had seniority on her, so it was fair that she was instructing her on a plan of attack. Silently, Hazelstripe carefully maneuvered into a crouch within the underbrush. Hopefully, Dovedance would prove to be competent at this, despite clearly being unable to control the way she spoke to others.

Waiting, Hazelstripe watched carefully as her partner led the rabbit to where she lay in wait. Quick as an adder, there was a flash of brown and white as she bowled the poor creature over and quickly sank her teeth into its neck - killing it instantly. Truth be told, she could have done this herself, but she’d allow the other cat to believe that she was useful on this occasion. After the beast ceased its struggle, she placed it down at her paws before giving Dovedance a slight nod to continue. Hopefully, they'd be able to pick up a frog or two, they were severely lacking in the amphibian department.

[ @Undertaker @lynxyboo I apologize, I hadn’t realized so much time passed!]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; October 18th, 2023 at 11:22 AM.
Old October 19th, 2023, 08:08 PM
Moonraven's brother

@Dark @lynxyboo
Hunting went relatively smoothly for the ShadowClan leader. Since it was getting colder finding frogs or toads was proving to be a bit harder, but she was lucky enough to sink her claws into a toad hidden underneath the small rock. Its moves had been sluggish, so pouncing on it and dispatching it had been no real challenge. After tossing the deceased toad back underneath the rock, she moved on.

She noticed a dark blur dart towards a bush out of the corner of her eye and scented the air as she drew closer to the bush. It smelt musk and foul, unable to properly place the scent, she growled and used her paw to rustle the bush. What sprang out had a slender body, glossy dark fur, and a long tail. The she-cat's claws came down on the mink's head as it jumped fearlessly at her.

It went down but got right back up and lunged at her. Annoyed and semi-entertained, Dawnstar took a nip to her leg in order to catch the quick rodent by its neck and break it. Dropping the limp body to the ground, she gave her leg a mild inspection. A little blood, but nothing to cry home about. Snarling, Dawnstar tossed the mink's body by the rock with her toad and decided to stalk down and kill a plump mouse before deciding to collect her prey and go see how the other two were doing with hunting.

[ + 1 mink, 1 mouse, 1 toad ]

Purrks

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
Old October 19th, 2023, 08:15 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:
@Dark @lynxyboo
Hunting went relatively smoothly for the ShadowClan leader. Since it was getting colder finding frogs or toads was proving to be a bit harder, but she was lucky enough to sink her claws into a toad hidden underneath the small rock. Its moves had been sluggish, so pouncing on it and dispatching it had been no real challenge. After tossing the deceased toad back underneath the rock, she moved on.

She noticed a dark blur dart towards a bush out of the corner of her eye and scented the air as she drew closer to the bush. It smelt musk and foul, unable to properly place the scent, she growled and used her paw to rustle the bush. What sprang out had a slender body, glossy dark fur, and a long tail. The she-cat's claws came down on the mink's head as it jumped fearlessly at her.

It went down but got right back up and lunged at her. Annoyed and semi-entertained, Dawnstar took a nip to her leg in order to catch the quick rodent by its neck and break it. Dropping the limp body to the ground, she gave her leg a mild inspection. A little blood, but nothing to cry home about. Snarling, Dawnstar tossed the mink's body by the rock with her toad and decided to stalk down and kill a plump mouse before deciding to collect her prey and go see how the other two were doing with hunting.

[ + 1 mink, 1 mouse, 1 toad ]
Dovedance snarled in frustration as Hazelstripe failed to catch the rabbit. The silver-and-white mottled warrior took two bounds, easily outrunning the rabbit. It ran straight into her paws and Dovedance sank her teeth in its neck. The rabbit went limp. She stood up with a whisk of her tail, the rabbit in her jaws. The she-cat glared at Hazelstripe, not noticing Dawnstar's approach.

@Dark
Old October 21st, 2023, 08:54 PM
Moonraven's brother

@lynxyboo @Dark [patrol due tomorrow, I gotta have Dawn report. Also Hazel caught the rabbit, if I read right.]

Dawnstar paused near the other hunting she-cats, noticing that Hazelstripe had caught a rabbit and Dovedance was taking a bit longer to find something to hunt. If they didn't hurry she'd return to camp without them and they could deal with the backlash of returning late. Normally she'd be snarling at them by now, but didn't want to disturb any prey that might be in the area.

Purrks

Last edited by Undertaker; October 21st, 2023 at 08:55 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2023, 01:41 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:
@lynxyboo @Dark [patrol due tomorrow, I gotta have Dawn report. Also Hazel caught the rabbit, if I read right.]

Dawnstar paused near the other hunting she-cats, noticing that Hazelstripe had caught a rabbit and Dovedance was taking a bit longer to find something to hunt. If they didn't hurry she'd return to camp without them and they could deal with the backlash of returning late. Normally she'd be snarling at them by now, but didn't want to disturb any prey that might be in the area.
Dovedance hissed in frustration, leaping up into a pine tree. She quickly climbed the branches, giving chase on a blackbird. The blackbird started to fly away, but Dovedance leapt after it, easily catching it. She landed on the ground on all four paws, except it was a sharp landing.
Old November 3rd, 2023, 01:18 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

DreamingBloom

Dreamingbloom bit at some roots, trying to find some of the herbs. “Find anything?” She asked the others, glancing back.
@lostSoldier @The_Pirate_Queen

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
Old November 3rd, 2023, 05:45 PM
A Pirate's Life

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBringer. View Post
DreamingBloom

Dreamingbloom bit at some roots, trying to find some of the herbs. “Find anything?” She asked the others, glancing back.
@lostSoldier @The_Pirate_Queen
"Yep!" Owlpaw called out!
WindClan: Snowythistle, Iciclekit
Outsiders: Foxglove, Maria, Spirit
Kittypets: Lulu
Dark Forest: Ravenpelt