Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"What Once was Mine will...
Last post by Bean
Today 03:15 PM
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Littlesun0112
Today 03:09 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Spider-in-the-corner
Today 03:05 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Morrigan
Today 03:01 PM
Learning your Boarders
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:00 PM

Old January 31st, 2024, 09:50 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default from one to the other [p]

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 11moons, the collector, herb1] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

having avoided it long enough, keeping busy around camp and training she turned in her den and decided today was the day she would approach cherryswirl. she jawned, cold leafbare air tickling her whiskers, and opened her eyes, it was still relatively dark out but maybe she was lucky and the warrior would be up already. tip-toeing around her sleeping clanmates she slipped out of the apprentice den and glanced around the clearing. very few cats were already up, but today seemed to be her lucky day because she was able to almost immediately spot the ginger warrior.
luckily she didnt have to snatch cherryswirl from some conversation as the warrior seemed to be alone. they walked over quickly, a small spring in her step, before stopping a few taillenghts in front of the other molly.
"hi. are you busy right now? i have a few questions if youre okay with it" she smiled brightly, ears twitching in excitement.

@Dust
:3

#minkpaw766

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | minks requirements | art store
Old February 1st, 2024, 10:35 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Default Re: from one to the other [p]

[ Cherryswirl - 52 Moons]
She/Her | Chaotic Good | Lionheart
Go With The Flow [Active]

Truthfully, Cherryswirl hadn't been able to sleep well last night. She was too energized, too busy thinking about the different ways to help bring everyone together... a couple were swirling around, perhaps she would talk to Birdsnow about it soon. So, here she was. Breathing in the crisp fresh morning air, watching as the sun began to rise over the horizon. Cherryswirl closed her eyes as a wispy breeze blew by, ruffling the fur on her cheeks and her whiskers. How lovely it was. Though, as a voice broke through the peaceful silence, Cherry let her gaze fall over to Minkpaw,

"Hey Minkpaw!" Her meow sounded quite solemn, though she remained cheerful. Having another apprentice with a similar name and appearance to her late apprentice had her feeling a strange way, "Yeah! Question away! I'm just thinking right now - here," She thumped the ground beside her with her tail,

"Come sit and we'll speak."

[ @al3cc766 ]

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old February 1st, 2024, 10:48 AM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post

Truthfully, Cherryswirl hadn't been able to sleep well last night. She was too energized, too busy thinking about the different ways to help bring everyone together... a couple were swirling around, perhaps she would talk to Birdsnow about it soon. So, here she was. Breathing in the crisp fresh morning air, watching as the sun began to rise over the horizon. Cherryswirl closed her eyes as a wispy breeze blew by, ruffling the fur on her cheeks and her whiskers. How lovely it was. Though, as a voice broke through the peaceful silence, Cherry let her gaze fall over to Minkpaw,

"Hey Minkpaw!" Her meow sounded quite solemn, though she remained cheerful. Having another apprentice with a similar name and appearance to her late apprentice had her feeling a strange way, "Yeah! Question away! I'm just thinking right now - here," She thumped the ground beside her with her tail,

"Come sit and we'll speak."

[ @al3cc766 ]

she sat down next to the warrior, suddenly a bit more shy about seeking out cherryswirl and pawed at the ground to keep her brain busy.
"soo. i was wondering, you sounded like you knew about herbs and healing..and i was wondering if you could maybe teach me? i really want to help!.. especially right now, you know, leafbare n stuff. i owe medicine cats my life and i dont want any cats to suffer while i could be there helping them you know?"
she was rambling. she should stop speaking. yeah, giving your conversation partner the chance to respond was a good idea. she thought sarcastically, taking her eyes off her paws to look at cherryswirl, hope shining in her eyes, unguarded. minkpaw had picked up on the warriors..odd.. tone but decided it was best to not ask.

#minkpaw766

━━━━━━━━
Old February 1st, 2024, 12:00 PM
Mama Dust

Oh! That was right! Cherryswirl recalled Minkpaw being quite knowledgable about herbs back when Fadingsun was organizing a bunch of the collection patrols. The tabby hummed quietly, her head tilted upwards in thought as Minkpaw expressed interest in the knowledge she had. After a moment, She redirected a golden gaze to Mink. Her smile widened and with an excited gleam in her eyes she nodded,

"That's very responsible of you Minkpaw, especially collecting knowledge from your clanmates so you can help." The Lionheart purred, "I would be glad to teach you what I learned from Tansypaw. It isn't a whole lot, but it certainly is helpful. If you wanted, we could take a trip out into the territory and look for some together as well? With all this-" She gestured to the light dusting of snow on the ground, though most in the clearing had been melted or brushed away, "- I don't know how much we'll find... but something is better than nothing, right?"

[ @al3cc766 ]

Old February 1st, 2024, 12:39 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

Oh! That was right! Cherryswirl recalled Minkpaw being quite knowledgable about herbs back when Fadingsun was organizing a bunch of the collection patrols. The tabby hummed quietly, her head tilted upwards in thought as Minkpaw expressed interest in the knowledge she had. After a moment, She redirected a golden gaze to Mink. Her smile widened and with an excited gleam in her eyes she nodded,

"That's very responsible of you Minkpaw, especially collecting knowledge from your clanmates so you can help." The Lionheart purred, "I would be glad to teach you what I learned from Tansypaw. It isn't a whole lot, but it certainly is helpful. If you wanted, we could take a trip out into the territory and look for some together as well? With all this-" She gestured to the light dusting of snow on the ground, though most in the clearing had been melted or brushed away, "- I don't know how much we'll find... but something is better than nothing, right?"

[ @al3cc766 ]

she nodded proudly at the praise, she was glad her efforts were not for nothing and even more happy that the warrior was willing to teach her, no matter how little she knew. the apprentice knew she could be doing more, a small voice in her head reminding her of that whenever she tried to sleep at night, but this was a step in the right direction? possibly. maybe. she would have to bug another warrior again soon to go into the territory and familiarise herself with the herbs and where they tended to grow.

"that would be great, thank you!. when do you want to go? maybe now?" she mewed excitedly, stepping from paw to paw.

━━━━━━━━
Old February 1st, 2024, 07:02 PM
Mama Dust

"Absolutely, we can!" Cherryswirl grinned, her tail raised high in the air. "We'll have plenty of sun today to do it. Since it's not up all the way, it may be a little frosty out there." The warrior hummed softly, "And, if we find prey we can have a little morning meal... then bring back any herbs we find - if they aren't all crumpled up at least. Here - come on," Her tone was chipper, as she quickly made her way towards the entrance of the clearing. Making sure not to run off without her apprentice tag-a-long, Cherryswirl moved swiftly through the territory - much like they were racing the morning light,

"So, I remember a lot of yellows..." She tilted her head in thought, "Coltsfoot... I know we collected some Thyme and Juniper berries before... and OH! The spicy one! What was it again... Hmm... Gold... Goldleaf? Golden... OH! Goldenrod! That's what it was. There was something else as well, but I'll have to get back to you... Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, and I will say I'm not super familiar with their use... But I remember their looks and smells! There may still be some juniper berries on the trees - I don't think they shrivel like the plants do. I might be wrong though." Cherryswirl purred with amusement, looking back at Minkpaw as she slowed to a steady trot.

"Anything catch your ears? Wanna go looking for anything specific?"

[ @al3cc766 ]

Old February 2nd, 2024, 02:50 AM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

"Absolutely, we can!" Cherryswirl grinned, her tail raised high in the air. "We'll have plenty of sun today to do it. Since it's not up all the way, it may be a little frosty out there." The warrior hummed softly, "And, if we find prey we can have a little morning meal... then bring back any herbs we find - if they aren't all crumpled up at least. Here - come on," Her tone was chipper, as she quickly made her way towards the entrance of the clearing. Making sure not to run off without her apprentice tag-a-long, Cherryswirl moved swiftly through the territory - much like they were racing the morning light,

"So, I remember a lot of yellows..." She tilted her head in thought, "Coltsfoot... I know we collected some Thyme and Juniper berries before... and OH! The spicy one! What was it again... Hmm... Gold... Goldleaf? Golden... OH! Goldenrod! That's what it was. There was something else as well, but I'll have to get back to you... Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head, and I will say I'm not super familiar with their use... But I remember their looks and smells! There may still be some juniper berries on the trees - I don't think they shrivel like the plants do. I might be wrong though." Cherryswirl purred with amusement, looking back at Minkpaw as she slowed to a steady trot.

"Anything catch your ears? Wanna go looking for anything specific?"

[ @al3cc766 ]

the apprenticed followed along, vaguely familiar with some of the herbs mentioned, only by name though, and she had collected some of them before. they were glad cherryswirl had so easily agreed to teaching them, and the warrior sounded really nice already.
"i'll be over the moon even if you can just show me where the herbs grow and what they look like!" she mewed, trying her best to not sound horribly out of breath, as soon as she did regular training again she'd be fine. hopefully.
"can we go looking for all of them? its still early, we have time right?" her ears twitching in excitement, she looked around, everything tended to look a bit more sad during leafbare, except of course when it was snowing, but this felt like it was going to be a good day.

#minkpaw766

━━━━━━━━
Old February 3rd, 2024, 10:03 AM
Mama Dust

As Minkpaw spoke, her attention had been turned away. Ears fluttered back and forth, as Cherryswirl surveyed the sounds of the territory to make sure they were clear of any potential danger. No scent of the other clans here... no scent of predators lingered, only confirmed by the lack of prints in the light snowy dusting on the ground. Proceed! Though, her left ear seemed to catch wind of Minkpaw's heavy breathing behind her, her head quickly following to stare with a soft smile,

"If I go too fast, let me know. Once you got about... geez, fifty or so moons under your pelt, you get to know this territory very well. I was just... hmmm." Cherryswirl tutted softly, her head swiveling in two different directions, "I'm trying to decide which was to go. If we head to the springs, that's where I found Juniper berries before and tons of moss. If we head towards the river, we'll be most likely to find the coltsfoot but it'll probably be all wilted right now. Thyme was towards the Windclan border... I think..." Cherryswirl seemed to mutter to herself, before glancing back a final time. There was a flash behind her eyes - sadness, familiarity maybe? - as she looked over Minkpaw before finally speaking,

"Let's head to the springs first! It'll be much warmer anyways," The lionheart shivered slightly as she spoke, shaking out her thick pelt. "We can nose around there for a bit, then head to the river, then as the sun gets higher in the sky, we can head towards Windclans border. It'll be warmer then too." Nodding her head for the apprentice to follow, Cherryswirl began to walk, though a bit brisk in her step, towards the Springs. They had a pretty long journey, she didn't want Minkpaw to get worn out before they barely started! Nothing a little conversation wouldn't fix while they were walking,

"So! Minkpaw! How's your training coming so far? Is your mentor treating you well?"

[ @al3cc766 ]

Old February 3rd, 2024, 11:32 AM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

As Minkpaw spoke, her attention had been turned away. Ears fluttered back and forth, as Cherryswirl surveyed the sounds of the territory to make sure they were clear of any potential danger. No scent of the other clans here... no scent of predators lingered, only confirmed by the lack of prints in the light snowy dusting on the ground. Proceed! Though, her left ear seemed to catch wind of Minkpaw's heavy breathing behind her, her head quickly following to stare with a soft smile,

"If I go too fast, let me know. Once you got about... geez, fifty or so moons under your pelt, you get to know this territory very well. I was just... hmmm." Cherryswirl tutted softly, her head swiveling in two different directions, "I'm trying to decide which way to go. If we head to the springs, that's where I found Juniper berries before and tons of moss. If we head towards the river, we'll be most likely to find the coltsfoot but it'll probably be all wilted right now. Thyme was towards the Windclan border... I think..." Cherryswirl seemed to mutter to herself, before glancing back a final time. There was a flash behind her eyes - sadness, familiarity maybe? - as she looked over Minkpaw before finally speaking,

"Let's head to the springs first! It'll be much warmer anyways," The lionheart shivered slightly as she spoke, shaking out her thick pelt. "We can nose around there for a bit, then head to the river, then as the sun gets higher in the sky, we can head towards Windclans border. It'll be warmer then too." Nodding her head for the apprentice to follow, Cherryswirl began to walk, though a bit brisk in her step, towards the Springs. They had a pretty long journey, she didn't want Minkpaw to get worn out before they barely started! Nothing a little conversation wouldn't fix while they were walking,

"So! Minkpaw! How's your training coming so far? Is your mentor treating you well?"

[ @al3cc766 ]

#minkpaw766

the apprentice followed cherryswirls example and looked around, trying to guess what the warrior was looking for, she couldnt see anything specifc herself and couldnt think of anything specific there could be. maybe she was trying to determine whether or not a specific herb would be around at this time of year? or trying to remember where they normally grow.. no. cherryswirl was smart, she wouldnt forget where herbs grow. surely not! maybe it was something else hmmm
"oh dont mind me! im just- well im still adjusting to all the running again-" she mewed, huffing a laugh, her breathing already a bit slower now that she was running anymore, curse her short legs. fifty moons..that seemed like a long long time off, what would riverclan be like in fifty moons? who would be her friends? would birdsnow be birdstar then? who would be the medine cat? maybe her friend cobwebpaw- oh! she would have her warrior name then! cobwebpaw and adderpaw and eaglekit and all the other apprentices too! there would be so many new kits and apprentices in 50 moons, maybe she would even have one by then. that was a scary thought, teaching another cat how to be a good warrior and how to fight well when she herself didnt really know how to do that.
that was it, cherryswirl hadnt been looking for anything specific but trying to decide where to go! that made sense.
thyme by the windclan border, juniper berries, whatever that was, and moss at heaven springs and coltsfoot by the river, but that was apperantly wilted so it must be a herb that doesnt grow in leaf bare.
she repeated in her head, she had found that repeating things helps her memorise, but actually going to look for herbs would leave her mind no option but to remember it.
"sounds good to me!" heaven springs, another place she hadnt been at in far too long, recent patrols only taking her up to their gravesite multible times.. which is kind of weird now that shes thinking about it, whatever, she would have to find a warrior or two to take up to heaven springs again soon, to check out the herbs on her own again, maybe see if there was something else to find up there.
springs first, then river, then towards the windclan border, this certainly sounded like a lot of walking but she was more than willing, excited even, to do so, ears twitching excitedly, the cold had no chance to sour her mood.
"my training hmm, pinefire just started training me again! you know, its kinda funny, pinefire was apprenticed only a few moons before i was, so we get along pretty well!" pinefire was easily her best mentor yet, past ones probably doing their best to work around her sporadic training but ultimately either going missing or just..not doing their work.

━━━━━━━━
Old February 6th, 2024, 09:53 AM
Mama Dust

A spark of adventure shone very clearly through Cherryswirl's eyes as she led the pair through the territory towards the springs. Each step crunching with the snow dusting and dead leaves underneath,

"That's really excellent to hear! Having a mentor you get along with can be super advantageous for your training. But, the good news here is that the Springs aren't too far now. Well, not as far as when we lived in the old camp. You can tell we're getting close when all the rocks and trees start getting super shiny and wet." And after what felt like a good few minutes of brisk walking, that's just what appeared. Trees darkened, their bark damp with condensation and every so often a drop of water would come crashing down to the ground. One drop managed to hit Cherryswirl straight on the head! Shaking out her pelt, she turned back to look at Minkpaw,

"Alright! Here we are! The tree was..." She looked around quickly before motioning with her tail for Mink to follow, "Right over here - look!" Just a few paw-steps away was a grouping of juniper trees, still lush in their growth though some bits and branches were browned from the winter months.

"We collected the berries from this tree - want to scramble up and see if they're there? I can't climb very well but the branches aren't too far apart."

[ @al3cc766 ]