Forestpaw's Training
Last post by JackHunt_17
Today 10:12 AM
It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by JackHunt_17
Today 10:10 AM

Old February 9th, 2024, 07:42 AM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

"Do one brave thing, and the next will be easier. And before you know it, you're climbing mountains"

Willow'Paw
She/Her | SHC Apprentice | 6 moons | Kitty Soft Paws [inactive]

Willow'Paw exhaled a small sigh of relief, thankful that she didn't have to get to battle training yet. She trotted after Shadow'Rise as she left the camp, her tail held a mouse-length higher than usual.

Willow'paw followed her mentor, the densely packed conifers and willows were a bit spooky, and it felt a bit like something was gonna lunge out at her at any moment. She looked over her shoulder every minute or so. This wasn't how she imagined their territory to be, to say the least. When she headed to the gathering, there had been, like, twenty other cats with her.
But now that it was only her and her mentor, the shadows seemed to reach out for her, their impenetrably black paws menacing in Leaf-Bare.
She scrambled after Shadow'Rise when she realized she was falling behind a bit.

( @Shellwhisker )

WIP Character Site! | Art Shop! | Scroller credit! | Pronouns Page! |

Last edited by Myling; February 9th, 2024 at 07:43 AM.
Old February 9th, 2024, 07:46 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Angelic

ShadowClan Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomePerson View Post

"Do one brave thing, and the next will be easier. And before you know it, you're climbing mountains"

Willow'Paw

Willow'Paw exhaled a small sigh of relief, thankful that she didn't have to get to battle training yet. She trotted after Shadow'Rise as she left the camp, her tail held a mouse-length higher than usual.

Willow'paw followed her mentor, the densely packed conifers and willows were a bit spooky, and it felt a bit like something was gonna lunge out at her at any moment. She looked over her shoulder every minute or so. This wasn't how she imagined their territory to be, to say the least. When she headed to the gathering, there had been, like, twenty other cats with her.
But now that it was only her and her mentor, the shadows seemed to reach out for her, their impenetrably black paws menacing in Leaf-Bare.
She scrambled after Shadow'Rise when she realized she was falling behind a bit.

( @Shellwhisker )

Shadowrise
ShadowClan Warrior - 17 Moons

____

Shadowrise's deep amber eyes narrowed slightly as the two cats reached the training hollow.

''Alright, show me the best hunting crouch you've got,'' The ShadowClan molly instructed.

''I'll examine it and have you adjust as needed.''

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird's Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Fireflyflicker: The Collector, Mind Reader, Agatha Kitty
Old February 9th, 2024, 07:52 AM
evermore haunting~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellwhisker View Post

Shadowrise

____

Shadowrise's deep amber eyes narrowed slightly as the two cats reached the training hollow.

''Alright, show me the best hunting crouch you've got,'' The ShadowClan molly instructed.

''I'll examine it and have you adjust as needed.''

Willow'Paw

"Uhm, a-alright.", she mewed. Willow'Paw had seen other cats do it, but she didn't want to seem weird and hadn't observed them for long, so she
was basically making a hunters crouch out of scratch.
She bent her legs, and lowered her body. It looked more like she was stretching in the weirdest way possible, her head hanged low and her eyes looked at the ground (Which was not where her gaze was meant to go). She probably looked a bit silly.
Oh gosh, that needs some working on, Willow'Paw.

Last edited by Myling; February 9th, 2024 at 07:59 AM.
Old February 9th, 2024, 08:02 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:

Willow'Paw

"Uhm, a-alright.", she mewed. Willow'Paw had seen other cats do it, but she didn't want to seem weird and hadn't observed them for long, so she
was basically making a hunters crouch out of scratch.
She bent her legs, and lowered her body. It looked more like she was stretching in the weirdest way possible, her head hanged low and her eyes looked at the ground (Which was not where her gaze was meant to go). She probably looked a bit silly.
Oh gosh, that needs some working on, Willow'Paw.

Shadowrise

____

Shadowrise circled Willowpaw closepaw.

''You need to have your belly fur just touching the ground,'' She explained.

''And tuck your hind paws as close to your belly as you can. It will bring more power into your spring.''

Fireflyflicker Finder || Rosehawk Finder || Larkswoop Finder || Lightlark Finder
Scratch HR Positions:
Robinstar [ ThC Lead] - Anachronismpounce [ ShC Dep ] - Roaringstar [ SkC Lead ] - Pareidoliastar [ WC Lead ]

Last edited by paris; February 9th, 2024 at 08:03 AM.
Old February 9th, 2024, 08:11 AM
evermore haunting~

Quote:

Shadowrise

____

Shadowrise circled Willowpaw closepaw.

''Have your belly fur just touching the ground,'' She explained.

''And tuck your hind paws as close to your belly as you can. It will bring mre power into your spring.''

Willow'Paw

Willow'Paw did as Shadow'Rise said, and crouched down so her belly was barely touching the ground, more or less. It took a while to get the hang of tucking her back paws in, but after a bit she had a decent hunters crouch going.
"Uhm, like- like this?", she asked, a foreleg trembling slightly with the unfamiliar stance. The leg stopped trembling as she got more used to the pose.
Hopefully this was able to pass as a hunters crouch; her head was now able to look up from the ground, and her muscles were no longer strained. Her green pools scanned the ground, which was rather unnecessary as there was no way in StarClan that a mouse would be dumb enough to wander right in front of two cats.

Last edited by Myling; February 9th, 2024 at 08:11 AM.
Old February 9th, 2024, 08:35 AM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:

Willow'Paw

Willow'Paw did as Shadow'Rise said, and crouched down so her belly was barely touching the ground, more or less. It took a while to get the hang of tucking her back paws in, but after a bit she had a decent hunters crouch going.
"Uhm, like- like this?", she asked, a foreleg trembling slightly with the unfamiliar stance. The leg stopped trembling as she got more used to the pose.
Hopefully this was able to pass as a hunters crouch; her head was now able to look up from the ground, and her muscles were no longer strained. Her green pools scanned the ground, which was rather unnecessary as there was no way in StarClan that a mouse would be dumb enough to wander right in front of two cats.

Shadowrise

____

Shadowrise gave a purr of approval.

''Excellent!''

The warrior tasted the air and gestured to a rabbit hiding behind a bush.

''Now, let's see if you can catch that rabbit. Remember, keep your pawsteps light and do not let your tail brush any of your surroundings,'' She explained.

''Make sure that the rabbit's scent is flowing towards you and not the other way around,'' The warrior added.

Scratch HR Positions:

Last edited by paris; February 9th, 2024 at 08:35 AM.
Old February 9th, 2024, 08:55 AM
evermore haunting~

Quote:

Shadowrise

____

Shadowrise gave a purr of approval.

''Excellent!''

The warrior tasted the air and gestured to a rabbit hiding behind a bush.

''Now, let's see if you can catch that rabbit. Remember, keep your pawsteps light and do not let your tail brush any of your surroundings,'' She explained.

''Make sure that the rabbit's scent is flowing towards you and not the other way around,'' The warrior added.

Willow'Paw
She/Her | SHC Apprentice | 6 moons | Kitty Soft Paws [active]

Following her mentors gaze, she saw a bush rustling quietly a few fox lengths away. After glancing at Shadow'Rise, she took a breath, and began stalking closer. The wind blew gently at her face. Her pawsteps were as light as a feather drifting down as she snuck up on the bush, oddly quiet and as light as a grass straw.
[Kitty Soft Paws has been used!]
. As she was a quarter away from the rabbit, her tail accidentally brushed against a pine.
She froze, the rustling in the bush stopped. It was probably just her, but the forest felt like it stopped in the middle of the flow of time. The tight packed trees stopped rustling. The birds halted their chirping.
And after a painstakingly long moment, the bush kept rustling, as the rabbit continued searching for food, or whatever it was doing.
Willow'Paw edged towards the critter, until she was close enough to lunge. The rabbit let out a screech below her. She almost tumbled over it, but she was able to barely get a grip of it, then pulling the rabbit closer to her, she was able to get a hit at it.
Her claws dug into pelt, and a loud squeak of pain came from mammal in her claws. Her stomach churned at its cry, and she didn't know what to do now. Quickly thinking of a way to pin it down, she put her full bodyweight on the rabbit. She was rather light, so it kept thrashing wildly, determined to, you know, not die.
While trying to get a bite on the rabbit, it was able to twist its head to bite her instead. One of her paws zipped off from the rabbit, basking in the boiling hot, horrible, probably-red light of pain.
A small blood pool began gathering where it had bitten her.
Great, she thought, seeing as the rabbit was now being pinned down by only one paw and her body. Using her other paw, wincing, she held its head still. She bit it by its neck, although she missed the spine by a few kitten-steps.
Biting it again, a final shriek of rabbit-agony filled the air, and then she had a limp and lifeless carcass of a rabbit in her jaws. Her brain took a moment to process that she killed this; that she caught it with her own claws; that she actually didn't take it from the fresh-kill pile for once. Her eyes filled with happiness; her first catch!. She smiled, picked up the rabbit, and made her way back to her mentor.

Last edited by Myling; February 10th, 2024 at 12:32 AM.
Old February 10th, 2024, 11:06 AM

Bump Policy: Every few hours, I usually try to respond as quickly as I can
My Mood: Amused

After a morning of hunting NightWolf set out to train, though he didnt practice his fighting moves, there is enough of that done on other days especially now that he has an apprentice he will need to focus on those moves even more later, for now, he must be a reliable mentor, he must set the example for his apprentice, he will be strong, he will not get tired easily and he will always do his best for the sake of his apprentices mentorship, so he started with sprints, then went of to climb tree, unfortunately its still too cold to practice swimming, but what he can do, he will do.

"UNTIL I THREW DOWN MY ENEMY AND SMOTE HIS RUIN UPON THE MOUNTAINSIDE -GANDALF THE WHITE
NIGHTWOLF SHADOWCLAN
24 MOONS
LARGE BLACK TABBY

BOULDERPAW RIVERCLAN
9 MOONS
GREY STRIPED TABBY
Old February 10th, 2024, 09:58 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Quote:

Willow'Paw
She/Her | SHC Apprentice | 6 moons | Kitty Soft Paws [active]

Following her mentors gaze, she saw a bush rustling quietly a few fox lengths away. After glancing at Shadow'Rise, she took a breath, and began stalking closer. The wind blew gently at her face. Her pawsteps were as light as a feather drifting down as she snuck up on the bush, oddly quiet and as light as a grass straw.
[Kitty Soft Paws has been used!]
. As she was a quarter away from the rabbit, her tail accidentally brushed against a pine.
She froze, the rustling in the bush stopped. It was probably just her, but the forest felt like it stopped in the middle of the flow of time. The tight packed trees stopped rustling. The birds halted their chirping.
And after a painstakingly long moment, the bush kept rustling, as the rabbit continued searching for food, or whatever it was doing.
Willow'Paw edged towards the critter, until she was close enough to lunge. The rabbit let out a screech below her. She almost tumbled over it, but she was able to barely get a grip of it, then pulling the rabbit closer to her, she was able to get a hit at it.
Her claws dug into pelt, and a loud squeak of pain came from mammal in her claws. Her stomach churned at its cry, and she didn't know what to do now. Quickly thinking of a way to pin it down, she put her full bodyweight on the rabbit. She was rather light, so it kept thrashing wildly, determined to, you know, not die.
While trying to get a bite on the rabbit, it was able to twist its head to bite her instead. One of her paws zipped off from the rabbit, basking in the boiling hot, horrible, probably-red light of pain.
A small blood pool began gathering where it had bitten her.
Great, she thought, seeing as the rabbit was now being pinned down by only one paw and her body. Using her other paw, wincing, she held its head still. She bit it by its neck, although she missed the spine by a few kitten-steps.
Biting it again, a final shriek of rabbit-agony filled the air, and then she had a limp and lifeless carcass of a rabbit in her jaws. Her brain took a moment to process that she killed this; that she caught it with her own claws; that she actually didn't take it from the fresh-kill pile for once. Her eyes filled with happiness; her first catch!. She smiled, picked up the rabbit, and made her way back to her mentor.

Shadowrise

____

A purr welled in Shadowrise's throat as she watched Willowpaw approach her, the rabbit in between her jaws.

''Congratulations!'' Shadowrise exclaimed. ''It's not every day that an apprentice catches prey on her first hunting lesson. I sure wasn't that apprentice.''

The ShadowClan warrior examined the rabbit.

''It's a nice catch - not as scrawny as the mice and voles we've been catching lately.''

Shadowrise wrapped her tail around Willowpaw's shoulders.

''We can go back to camp for now, or we can continue our hunting and stealth lesson. It's your choice.''

Scratch HR Positions:

Last edited by paris; February 10th, 2024 at 09:58 PM.
Old February 10th, 2024, 11:22 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

Bump Policy: Every three days.
My Mood: Devilish

Rookflare padded out into the territory, intending to do a little hunting during this colder season. ShadowClan needed all the food it could get, after all. They were a large clan with many mouths to feed.
It was quiet that afternoon, which made everything peaceful, sure, but it also meant that he might not find much prey around, considering there was not much noise.
He padded through the forest, nose to the ground. He weaved through the forest for almost ten minutes before he caught the scent of something. He pursued it and found a mouse. It wasn’t very big, but it could fill at least one belly, and that was enough. He pounced on it and caught it with ease.
He then turned and began walking an alternate route back to camp, effectively walking in a large circle. He didn’t know if he’d be able to catch anything else, but he took the alternate way anyway, just in case.
As he was walking, he caught the scent of a clanmate, a clanmate who just so happened to be Lynxshade, one of the new Enforcers. He grinned and found her nearby. She seemed to be exiting camp just as he was returning.
“Hi,” He chimed pleasantly, getting her attention, “You’re Lynxshade, right? Congratulations on the promotion! That’s awesome!” He beams.

[ @Wingnettle (Hope you don’t mind the tiny liberty I took with the location!) ]