Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Firefly Cove
by dino.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 07:34 PM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Foxine
Today 07:32 PM
We Do A Bit of Spooking
by Dust
Last post by Weekend-Wondering
Today 07:32 PM
ShadowClan Apprentices' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Poprock
Today 07:28 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Poprock
Today 07:27 PM

Old March 19th, 2018, 07:35 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
A fire lit in Cherrypaw's clear blue eyes. She didn't appreciate how her mentor assumed that she'd get discouraged. It seemed that she was beginning to surprise him. His apprentice was doing well, especially with that belly rake move. He obviously didn't expect that. Cherrypaw felt like she wasn't doing really good right now. Didn't he think she could keep it up? The apprentice was trying her best to prove herself to him. Was the ginger tom just not seeing it? Was she not trying hard enough? The she-cat bit the side of her lip to stop herself from speaking her thoughts. She didn't want to distract herself or possibly make her mentor decide not to take their training battle to the next level. "Show me what you got." Was all that Cherrypaw mewed, a little under her breath. She was still panting now, but trying hard to control it.

Cherrypaw trained her eyes on her mentor, trying to watch his movements. She was trying to show her focus visibly. Maybe that would catch Blazingcomet's attention and show him how much she was trying and how ready she was to work through the harder stuff. She shifted her weight back and forth in attempt to prepare for her mentor's next leap. The molly wasn't sure, but she thought she could see the ginger cat's preparation for his next leap. The question was what was his plan?
The orange tom’s eyes narrowed as he watched Cherrypaw. She definitely wasn’t getting discouraged - and that was a good thing, but he felt more or less like he was making a fool of himself. Perhaps it was time he upped the game a little, made it more challenging - she clearly got this much. Taking a deep breath in, Blazingcomet charged at the she cat again, leaping through the air and outstretching his twisted paw. He didn’t do this often - it wasn’t good for his paw, but it would prepare her just in case. The twisted paw acted like a hook, from the way he’d done it before - he would reach out with it, hook it around an unsuspecting cat’s limb, and pull it out from under them as he crashed to the ground. He’d hurt his side the last time he’d done this, but it was a movement that had served him pretty well in battle before. Blazingcomet could only hope it would work this time. It was risky, of course, since if it failed he would be left defenseless - lying on the ground, having to untangle himself from another cat who was his enemy, and… well… the rest was left to the imagination. But it could certainly be understood why the movement was one that he hadn’t attempted often. At the very least, it would let him know whether or not he was still moving smoothly. This would probably be the last training exercise for the day - perhaps tomorrow they would work on some hunting. Cherrypaw was picking up on the battle moves pretty well. Blazingcomet was excited to see how she had been doing with her hunting as well.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; March 19th, 2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old March 28th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The orange tom’s eyes narrowed as he watched Cherrypaw. She definitely wasn’t getting discouraged - and that was a good thing, but he felt more or less like he was making a fool of himself. Perhaps it was time he upped the game a little, made it more challenging - she clearly got this much. Taking a deep breath in, Blazingcomet charged at the she cat again, leaping through the air and outstretching his twisted paw. He didn’t do this often - it wasn’t good for his paw, but it would prepare her just in case. The twisted paw acted like a hook, from the way he’d done it before - he would reach out with it, hook it around an unsuspecting cat’s limb, and pull it out from under them as he crashed to the ground. He’d hurt his side the last time he’d done this, but it was a movement that had served him pretty well in battle before. Blazingcomet could only hope it would work this time. It was risky, of course, since if it failed he would be left defenseless - lying on the ground, having to untangle himself from another cat who was his enemy, and… well… the rest was left to the imagination. But it could certainly be understood why the movement was one that he hadn’t attempted often. At the very least, it would let him know whether or not he was still moving smoothly. This would probably be the last training exercise for the day - perhaps tomorrow they would work on some hunting. Cherrypaw was picking up on the battle moves pretty well. Blazingcomet was excited to see how she had been doing with her hunting as well.
Cherrypaw felt confident as her mentor began his leap. She'd seen it enough times already and proved that she knew how to handle it. The charge was no different than before. Well except- Hey! What is he doing? Cherrypaw thought to herself. The snowy white cat was thrown off by her mentor reaching out with his bad paw. It looked weird how the twisted paw was aiming for her. The apprentice wondered what Blazingcomet was trying to accomplish by using his twisted paw. She had assumed he'd protect that paw considering it could be a weak spot for him, but here he was using it to attack. It looks weird, Cherrypaw though, feeling a little guilty for thinking it. A little bit like a hook almost. . . Wait, is that what he's trying to do? That had to be it, Cherrypaw decided. The apprentice tried to best to pick up her legs and jump out of the way, but it might have been too late due to all of her thinking. It was sloppy and not at all graceful, but all that she could manage at the moment. For good measure, she turned her head to try and nip at her mentor's paws.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old April 1st, 2018, 05:53 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Cherrypaw felt confident as her mentor began his leap. She'd seen it enough times already and proved that she knew how to handle it. The charge was no different than before. Well except- Hey! What is he doing? Cherrypaw thought to herself. The snowy white cat was thrown off by her mentor reaching out with his bad paw. It looked weird how the twisted paw was aiming for her. The apprentice wondered what Blazingcomet was trying to accomplish by using his twisted paw. She had assumed he'd protect that paw considering it could be a weak spot for him, but here he was using it to attack. It looks weird, Cherrypaw though, feeling a little guilty for thinking it. A little bit like a hook almost. . . Wait, is that what he's trying to do? That had to be it, Cherrypaw decided. The apprentice tried to best to pick up her legs and jump out of the way, but it might have been too late due to all of her thinking. It was sloppy and not at all graceful, but all that she could manage at the moment. For good measure, she turned her head to try and nip at her mentor's paws.
The tom’s twisted paw caught the apprentice, pretty smoothly - although she did nip his paws, which felt strange - Blazingcomet was used to being bitten, but he couldn’t remember the last time someone had just nipped at him. A smile came over his maw even as he crashed to the ground, his paw still hooked around her. Quickly untangling himself, the orange tom got to his paws and flicked some of the grime off of his tail - he was going to have to groom himself better later. ”That’ll do for today, I think. You did good, Cherrypaw - enjoy your evening and I’ll see you bright and early tomorrow for hunting.” He would drag her out of the apprentices’ den if he had to - hunting was one of his favorite things to train. He’d been worried about possible threats, so battle training had obviously been a priority… but now that he was semi-satisfied with her skills, even if SkyClan were to get involved in something anytime soon, she would be able to defend herself. He was excited to get to train her on the proper stalking techniques (for prey, of course) tomorrow… it’d been one of his favorite things to learn. Perhaps they’d go on a real hunt, too, if she did well on her training - Blazingcomet seemed to recall that feeling like a special treat.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old April 4th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The tom’s twisted paw caught the apprentice, pretty smoothly - although she did nip his paws, which felt strange - Blazingcomet was used to being bitten, but he couldn’t remember the last time someone had just nipped at him. A smile came over his maw even as he crashed to the ground, his paw still hooked around her. Quickly untangling himself, the orange tom got to his paws and flicked some of the grime off of his tail - he was going to have to groom himself better later. ”That’ll do for today, I think. You did good, Cherrypaw - enjoy your evening and I’ll see you bright and early tomorrow for hunting.” He would drag her out of the apprentices’ den if he had to - hunting was one of his favorite things to train. He’d been worried about possible threats, so battle training had obviously been a priority… but now that he was semi-satisfied with her skills, even if SkyClan were to get involved in something anytime soon, she would be able to defend herself. He was excited to get to train her on the proper stalking techniques (for prey, of course) tomorrow… it’d been one of his favorite things to learn. Perhaps they’d go on a real hunt, too, if she did well on her training - Blazingcomet seemed to recall that feeling like a special treat.
All of the air left her lungs as Cherrypaw hit the ground. The entire thing had happened so fast that she had to question if it was reality or a dream for a heartbeat. The apprentice blinked her bright blue eyes a few times before getting back on all four paws and shaking all of the nature from her pelt. She silently cursed herself for losing, but obviously Blazingcomet had been very clever to use his twisted paw. Cherrypaw didn't let herself be too upset for long. I'll do better next time, she thought to herself. He'll be surprised when that twisted paw of his is no longer an advantage. "Thank you," Blazingcomet's praise made Cherrypaw feel hot under her pelt. "See you tomorrow." The she-cat mewed with a little less excitement. She wasn't sure she'd be able to get herself out of her nest in the morning after this training session. She'd sleep for a moon if she could! But she was happy to be working on hunting soon. Her paws itched to have prey in between them. She hoped maybe she'd get to bring something home to the Clan tomorrow too. The thought brought energy back into her exhausted body.

Profile pic
Old April 25th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Sugar Pine 7

@WindFish @VioletRose

Cherrypaw dashed into the training area, her little white paws hardly touching the ground. The little apprentice’s blue eyes were gleaming like never before. She’s finally found two other apprentices that wanted to train with her. Cherrypaw had been itching to show off her new knowledge since her recent training session with Blazingcomer. Her confidence in her skills had been refreshed and the she-cat was more than excited to try those skills with opponents that matched her skill level. “C’mon you guys!” The white apprentice called over her shoulder.

Profile pic

Last edited by Thistledawn; April 25th, 2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old April 25th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Yeehaw

@Thistledawn @VioletRose

Mistypaw dashed after Cherrypaw, almost struggling to keep up with the white furred apprentice. As much as she was excited to pursue her training more, Mistypaw was also extremely scared to begin.
Stumbling over her paws, she trips and slides into the dirt. Making her once very white fur into a nasty brown.
Old April 27th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Sugar Pine 7

@WindFish

[ I'll edit the original post later so it's like Magpie was never apart of the rp, so just go on like it's just been Cherry and Misty all along ]

Hearing the sound of Mistypaw sliding across the forest floor, Cherrypaw halted and turned back to look at the other apprentice. The little she-cat had to bite her lip in order to keep back her laughter. "Hey, you alright there?" The white cat asked her companion, unable to keep back a hint of laughter. She tried to help nose the other apprentice back to her paws. "That's quite a mess you made of your pelt." Cherrypaw tried to joke. Even so, she tried to keep her distance, not wanting her own beautiful white pelt to have the same fate. She'd only just given herself a good cleaning after all.

Profile pic
Old April 28th, 2018, 12:33 PM
i put the si in almsivi

My Mood: Mellow

@mompaws

[ im a little low on spoons atm so wordcounts are gonna be a bit low ;; i hope this is an okay starter ]

"So... this is happening."

Despite everything, Harpypaw found himself eager to interact with his mentor. After the ceremony, the maine coon had felt a little awkward about speaking to Pipitchirp. Was it too early? Too late? He didn't want the atmosphere to sour and thicken, so he settled for hearsay to establish an image of her. He blinked green eyes slowly as he made a round about the sandy hollow, mulling everything over.
Harpypaw had been doing a little digging-- being the shameless gossip he was, it took less effort than you'd assume. The results were unsurprising: she was a sweetheart (annoying at times, but a sweetheart nonetheless.) They'd get along handsomely, he hoped.

Starclan bless her sorry soul, he was going to milk this until it ran dry. Dacepaw would probably be horrified to hear his train of thought, but he could get out of camp so much more with this kind of freedom. Pipitchirp probably struck him as the type to believe in 'personal freedoms' to preserve his emotional wellbeing, or whatever-- she struck him as one of those motherly types. Neato. He purred to himself, raising his tail and continuing to prance about the hollow.

There wasn't that much going on, and honestly-- he wasn't a fan of wasting his time fluffing which could've been time well-spent getting around with aimless thoughts. He'd made his nest-- now he'd sleep in it. Harpypaw drew to a halt, turning a thick-furred face over his shoulder in search of his mentor.

baibai
Old May 22nd, 2018, 11:43 AM
Sugar Pine 7

Cherrypaw rushed to the SkyClan training area almost as soon as she'd woken up. She'd given herself a good washing before leaving camp of course. She'd die before she let the entire Clan see her morning fur. The white she-cat prided herself on her well-kept pelt and she'd continue to do so until the day she joined StarClan's ranks. Although she showed up early, Cherrypaw wasn't exactly sure where she was meant to show up. She'd been listening at the time of instruction, but later her mind was occupied by other thoughts, pushing that important training info out of her memory. She was praying to StarClan that she was meant to meet her mentor here, but Cherrypaw just couldn't remember. The apprentice cast out her blue gaze in search of her mentor's orange pelt.

@Lonestar23

Profile pic
Old May 22nd, 2018, 04:11 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Cherrypaw rushed to the SkyClan training area almost as soon as she'd woken up. She'd given herself a good washing before leaving camp of course. She'd die before she let the entire Clan see her morning fur. The white she-cat prided herself on her well-kept pelt and she'd continue to do so until the day she joined StarClan's ranks. Although she showed up early, Cherrypaw wasn't exactly sure where she was meant to show up. She'd been listening at the time of instruction, but later her mind was occupied by other thoughts, pushing that important training info out of her memory. She was praying to StarClan that she was meant to meet her mentor here, but Cherrypaw just couldn't remember. The apprentice cast out her blue gaze in search of her mentor's orange pelt.

@Lonestar23
Blazingcomet had been out on the Training Plateau since earlier that morning. He hadn’t expected Cherrypaw to be there that early, but he was planning out a lesson - it wouldn’t be long before she would be a warrior, and he would go off in search of another apprentice. The funny thing was, he wasn’t quite sure if he would want to find another apprentice. After all, Cherrypaw was one feline he had a pretty special bond with - hopefully they would be able to spend some time together as warriors. Blazingcomet just felt old, thinking about his apprentice becoming a warrior - he’d be close to 30 moons at that point, and with still no kits, that was alarming. The tom couldn’t stand thinking about becoming old without a family. Hopefully he and Petal would be able to have one at some point. ”Morning, Cherrypaw! How are you today?” The tom asked, casting a cheerful smile across the area at his fluffy white apprentice. She was late - fashionably so - and didn’t exactly look like she’d been up early to get some hunting or practicing done. Her fur was going to be messy by the time training was over, Blazingcomet was sure of it, but she might as well have her fun - it was about all the fun she would get to have for a little while.