Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:50 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Fritter
Today 03:41 PM
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by Marigoldwhisper
Today 03:37 PM
"What Once was Mine will...
Last post by chickadee
Today 03:24 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Starphobia
Today 03:20 PM

Old March 10th, 2018, 12:18 PM
i'm back! kind of... haha

Gender: still figuring that out, they/them pronouns for now please
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

[ @Kolabear360 ]

Embershade lead the way to the training plateau. He glanced back to make sure Rosepaw was still following him and then stopped as he reached SkyClan's training area. He then stretched and shot back to Rosepaw happily,"Anything in particular you'd like to practice, learn, or review?! I've got no plans!"
Past Usernames[In order]: Hollydawn235 ; Hollydawn ; Boba Fett ; Leo the Loke
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old March 10th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Blazingcomet leapt through the air, his timing a little bit off, but for the most part he was headed in the right direction - his eyes fixed solely on Cherrypaw’s smaller frame. Problem was, the she cat was so small, he almost landed right over her - instead, he landed where she had been only moments before, and had just managed to regain some of his balance when it was thrown off again by the she cat trying to catch him in the side. At the moment her blow (thankfully) didn’t do much, but it was enough to shake him and cause him to stumble just a little bit. The orange tom narrowed his golden eyes, and whirled around, sending up a cloud of dust as the turn was a little too sharp - a shame, but there was nothing to be done about it.

He struck out with his own paw, aiming for her shoulder - his claws were sheathed, of course, but he had to make sure the movement wasn’t so fast she didn’t have time to think… that would come later. Perhaps he wasn’t doing her any favors by slowing things down, but if he made it too fast, what would happen? Would she get discouraged because she wasn’t able to keep up with him? Would she go ask Grousestar for another mentor because Blazingcomet was too hard on her? Irrational fears, perhaps… but they were very real possibilities for the tom. He hadn’t realized just how hard being a mentor could be.

Thankfully he didn’t know the ups and downs of parenthood, either… not yet. Perhaps he never would. The tom might make a good friend, but being a father definitely wasn’t for him. Moving away so that he could get a clear shot again, the tom charged for Cherrypaw, this time checking his speed and distance away before he leapt. It was harder than it looked, executing a good jump like that - he hadn’t thought it would be that difficult back in his own apprentice days.
Upset that her attack hadn't done much, but still impressed with herself for having made contact, the corners of Cherrypaw's lips lifted until it was just barely a smile. She rapidly blinked as if that would help clear out the dust in the air. It seemed to have only made her eyes a little itchier and water more. The apprentice tried to ignore as best she could. She'd make sure to wash out her clear blue eyes in a pool of water later, just to be sure nothing bad happened. She couldn't imagine what the SkyClan medicine cat would say if she'd come to him because of an infection caused by a little bit of dirt in her eyes.

Her mentor's strike wasn't nearly as fast as his initial leap. Cherrypaw felt the pace of the fight slow just a bit, though she wasn't too upset. She figured that Blazingcomet was doing so so that she'd have a better chance of succeeding. It occurred to her that her mentor must have had to do this a lot more than she realized. He must have been used to training at a far faster pace than the inexperienced apprentice. One day she'd be able to have a fair fight against the ginger tom, but today wasn't that day. Cherrypaw moved just a hair to the side, trying her best to doge yet another one of Blazingcomet's attacks. His slower attack had given Cherrypaw enough time to move, allowing the tom's paw to just barely graze the furs on the top of her pelt. She'd watched her mentor carefully as he set himself up to attack once more. It hadn't taken her too long to notice that this leap seemed better calculated than before. This one would be harder to avoid. Taking a risk, Cherrypaw decided that she wouldn't dodge this attack. The white apprentice tried the best she could to spot where the tom would land and dashed to fit herself between that spot and where the tom was. She tried her best to reach up and rake her paw down Blazingcomet's belly before attempting to roll out of the way before he could strike again.

Cherrypaw, a princess as always, was distracted only for a heartbeat while thinking about the amount of grooming she'd have to do when she returned to camp. Not only was there dust in her eyes, but she could feel it getting under her pelt now too. She guessed her white pelt had become painted brown by now. The apprentice wondered if everyone back at camp would call her Mudpaw.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old March 10th, 2018, 07:32 PM

My Mood: Unamused
Smile Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
[ @Kolabear360 ]

Embershade lead the way to the training plateau. He glanced back to make sure Rosepaw was still following him and then stopped as he reached SkyClan's training area. He then stretched and shot back to Rosepaw happily,"Anything in particular you'd like to practice, learn, or review?! I've got no plans!"
Rosepaw bounded up. She thought carefully "how about battle training? I wanna show you a move I thought of!" She grinned oh, how surprised he'll be when he end up on his back she thought

Last edited by Kolabear360; March 10th, 2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old March 11th, 2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolabear360 View Post
Rosepaw bounded up. She thought carefully "how about battle training? I wanna show you a move I thought of!" She grinned oh, how surprised he'll be when he end up on his back she thought
Embershade nodded,"Sounds great!" He got into his battle position. His shoulders tensed, eyes narrowed, hind quarters slightly lifted, tail lashing, and teeth bared in a mock snarl. His position was pretty good if you asked him. After all, he had been working on it for almost 40 moons now, it better have been good.

"Whenever you're ready," he replied. Even though his eyes were narrowed, if you looked hard enough, you could see a light in his eyes, almost like a fire. Whenever Embershade was about to go in battle, in battle, or even just battle training, that little spark always appeared. He didn't know why, but he said to the kits - possibly to scare them or maybe to excite them - that he was a close descendant of tigers and that nobody could defeat him. After he told them that the kits would either stare at him in awe or run back and hide behind their parents. When kits grew up though, most of them didn't believe his tale anymore. But Embershade did. He believed it with all his heart that he was close relatives with a tiger.
IF I DO NOT RESPOND IN 24 HOURS PLEASE SEND ME A FRIENDLY AND POLITE REMINDER VIA VM. IF I STILL DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT WITHIN ANOTHER 24 HOURS FEEL FREE TO SPAM ME.
Old March 11th, 2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Embershade nodded,"Sounds great!" He got into his battle position. His shoulders tensed, eyes narrowed, hind quarters slightly lifted, tail lashing, and teeth bared in a mock snarl. His position was pretty good if you asked him. After all, he had been working on it for almost 40 moons now, it better have been good.

"Whenever you're ready," he replied. Even though his eyes were narrowed, if you looked hard enough, you could see a light in his eyes, almost like a fire. Whenever Embershade was about to go in battle, in battle, or even just battle training, that little spark always appeared. He didn't know why, but he said to the kits - possibly to scare them or maybe to excite them - that he was a close descendant of tigers and that nobody could defeat him. After he told them that the kits would either stare at him in awe or run back and hide behind their parents. When kits grew up though, most of them didn't believe his tale anymore. But Embershade did. He believed it with all his heart that he was close relatives with a tiger.
Rosepaw bent her legs slightly in her own battle position, yes it needed work, she had only just thought of it . she bared her teeth and stalked forward. "Are you ready for this?" She looked up at her mentor. Her sleek russet fur was flat. Wait she thought he is so much bigger than me, how will I do this? She gazed up at him narrowing her green eyes. Instead of attacking him she would make him attack her. She waited looking at him blankly.

Last edited by Kolabear360; March 11th, 2018 at 11:46 AM.
Old March 11th, 2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Rosepaw bent her legs slightly in her own battle position, yes it needed work, she had only just thought of it . she bared her teeth and stalked forward. "Are you ready for this?" She looked up at her mentor. Her sleek russet fur was flat. Wait she thought he is so much bigger than me, how will I do this? She gazed up at him narrowing her green eyes. Instead of attacking him she would make him attack her. She waited looking at him blankly.
Embershade nodded his head and waited for a moment. After that moment he realized that she was waiting for him to pounce.

Embershade grinned and narrowed his eyes. He bunched his muscles and acted like he was about to pounce. He then shot forward, then quickly pulled back, hoping Rosepaw had fallen for his trick.
Old March 11th, 2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Embershade nodded his head and waited for a moment. After that moment he realized that she was waiting for him to pounce.

Embershade grinned and narrowed his eyes. He bunched his muscles and acted like he was about to pounce. He then shot forward, then quickly pulled back, hoping Rosepaw had fallen for his trick.
Rosepaw backed away unsure what her mentor had just done. She tilted her head confusedly. "W-what was that?!" She shook her head "first you were gonna pounce on me then....?" She looked at him. "Let's try again? I start this time."
Old March 11th, 2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Rosepaw backed away unsure what her mentor had just done. She tilted her head confusedly. "W-what was that?!" She shook her head "first you were gonna pounce on me then....?" She looked at him. "Let's try again? I start this time."
Embershade shook his head, still in battle position,"You wanted me to go first," he chuckled.

He then pounced, but this time it wasn't fake. He was aiming to swat at her legs, hopefully - if he did it right - making Rosepaw trip.
Old March 13th, 2018, 09:14 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Upset that her attack hadn't done much, but still impressed with herself for having made contact, the corners of Cherrypaw's lips lifted until it was just barely a smile. She rapidly blinked as if that would help clear out the dust in the air. It seemed to have only made her eyes a little itchier and water more. The apprentice tried to ignore as best she could. She'd make sure to wash out her clear blue eyes in a pool of water later, just to be sure nothing bad happened. She couldn't imagine what the SkyClan medicine cat would say if she'd come to him because of an infection caused by a little bit of dirt in her eyes.

Her mentor's strike wasn't nearly as fast as his initial leap. Cherrypaw felt the pace of the fight slow just a bit, though she wasn't too upset. She figured that Blazingcomet was doing so so that she'd have a better chance of succeeding. It occurred to her that her mentor must have had to do this a lot more than she realized. He must have been used to training at a far faster pace than the inexperienced apprentice. One day she'd be able to have a fair fight against the ginger tom, but today wasn't that day. Cherrypaw moved just a hair to the side, trying her best to doge yet another one of Blazingcomet's attacks. His slower attack had given Cherrypaw enough time to move, allowing the tom's paw to just barely graze the furs on the top of her pelt. She'd watched her mentor carefully as he set himself up to attack once more. It hadn't taken her too long to notice that this leap seemed better calculated than before. This one would be harder to avoid. Taking a risk, Cherrypaw decided that she wouldn't dodge this attack. The white apprentice tried the best she could to spot where the tom would land and dashed to fit herself between that spot and where the tom was. She tried her best to reach up and rake her paw down Blazingcomet's belly before attempting to roll out of the way before he could strike again.

Cherrypaw, a princess as always, was distracted only for a heartbeat while thinking about the amount of grooming she'd have to do when she returned to camp. Not only was there dust in her eyes, but she could feel it getting under her pelt now too. She guessed her white pelt had become painted brown by now. The apprentice wondered if everyone back at camp would call her Mudpaw.
Going easy on his younger apprentice was not the hard part, surprisingly… making sure that he remembered this was only training, and how old Cherrypaw was, exactly, was the harder part. She was about a quarter - or perhaps a third - of the way through her training already, wasn’t she? Wasn’t she… eight or nine moons? Blazingcomet was normally pretty good in social situations, but for whatever reason, he couldn’t seem to remember how old the young she cat was. As he leapt, he could see Cherrypaw thinking - it made him proud, and a little nervous. After all, she was playing to win this - and with all the advice he had given her so far, Blazingcomet was pretty sure she was going to be a match to really deal with.

His tail twitched back and forth, a little anxiously, as he landed. Then, he felt something totally unexpected. Cherrypaw’s paw raking the underside of his belly. This surprised him for just a second, as he had neglected to keep his eyes on her movements, and gave her the time she needed to get out from under him. Because Blazingcomet was going easier on her, he felt more easily distracted - and more easily tricked. He didn’t like the feeling of losing, he was competitive by nature, but at least it meant that his apprentice was learning. Blazingcomet unsheathed his claws, digging them into the earth so that he could spin around quickly, without losing his balance, and faced Cherrypaw once more.

”Alright, I’m going to go a little harder on you now, so just… don’t get too discouraged.” Blazingcomet had been a warrior for about ten moons, he’d fought in battles, and he’d had the greatest mentor that there pretty much ever was. Cherrypaw would have been lucky to have him for a mentor. Blazingcomet could only hope that someday, he would be that good as well. With those words, the tom prepared to spring at the younger she cat again, moving away so that he would have a better buildup by the time that he did leap.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 17th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Going easy on his younger apprentice was not the hard part, surprisingly… making sure that he remembered this was only training, and how old Cherrypaw was, exactly, was the harder part. She was about a quarter - or perhaps a third - of the way through her training already, wasn’t she? Wasn’t she… eight or nine moons? Blazingcomet was normally pretty good in social situations, but for whatever reason, he couldn’t seem to remember how old the young she cat was. As he leapt, he could see Cherrypaw thinking - it made him proud, and a little nervous. After all, she was playing to win this - and with all the advice he had given her so far, Blazingcomet was pretty sure she was going to be a match to really deal with.

His tail twitched back and forth, a little anxiously, as he landed. Then, he felt something totally unexpected. Cherrypaw’s paw raking the underside of his belly. This surprised him for just a second, as he had neglected to keep his eyes on her movements, and gave her the time she needed to get out from under him. Because Blazingcomet was going easier on her, he felt more easily distracted - and more easily tricked. He didn’t like the feeling of losing, he was competitive by nature, but at least it meant that his apprentice was learning. Blazingcomet unsheathed his claws, digging them into the earth so that he could spin around quickly, without losing his balance, and faced Cherrypaw once more.

”Alright, I’m going to go a little harder on you now, so just… don’t get too discouraged.” Blazingcomet had been a warrior for about ten moons, he’d fought in battles, and he’d had the greatest mentor that there pretty much ever was. Cherrypaw would have been lucky to have him for a mentor. Blazingcomet could only hope that someday, he would be that good as well. With those words, the tom prepared to spring at the younger she cat again, moving away so that he would have a better buildup by the time that he did leap.
A fire lit in Cherrypaw's clear blue eyes. She didn't appreciate how her mentor assumed that she'd get discouraged. It seemed that she was beginning to surprise him. His apprentice was doing well, especially with that belly rake move. He obviously didn't expect that. Cherrypaw felt like she wasn't doing really good right now. Didn't he think she could keep it up? The apprentice was trying her best to prove herself to him. Was the ginger tom just not seeing it? Was she not trying hard enough? The she-cat bit the side of her lip to stop herself from speaking her thoughts. She didn't want to distract herself or possibly make her mentor decide not to take their training battle to the next level. "Show me what you got." Was all that Cherrypaw mewed, a little under her breath. She was still panting now, but trying hard to control it.

Cherrypaw trained her eyes on her mentor, trying to watch his movements. She was trying to show her focus visibly. Maybe that would catch Blazingcomet's attention and show him how much she was trying and how ready she was to work through the harder stuff. She shifted her weight back and forth in attempt to prepare for her mentor's next leap. The molly wasn't sure, but she thought she could see the ginger cat's preparation for his next leap. The question was what was his plan?

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic