Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM
Design Competition!
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:40 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by burntToast
Today 08:33 AM
chilling by the water [rc...
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:31 AM
Tater-Tot and Soda-Pop...
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:30 AM

Old March 23rd, 2018, 05:13 PM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: RiverClan Training Cave

"Was that better?" Rainpaw asked Nightwhisker.
Nightwhisker nodded and purred. "Yes, that was much better."
Though Nightwhisker wasn't lying- the moves that Rainpaw showed now had improved much since his first ones- he thought carefully to himself,
I will have to focus more on his battle training from now on.
Rainpaw were a great hunter, he observed and waited until the exact moment when he should strike. But hunting and battle was two very different things.
Rainpaw didn't seem to be able to use his instincts for battle at all, he always had to think for a while before he acted. Nightwhisker weren't too worried. Rainpaw always listened, so he would learn soon, and now he knew at least one defensive posture and move. What Nightwhisker didn't tell Rainpaw was that most 'paws already knew those moves from the beginning.
"Thank you, I have a great mentor." Rainpaw purred back.
"Should we try it one more time then?" Nightwhisker meowed.
"Yes, that's okay." Responded before taking his position. Though Rainpaw didn't express himself, it was clear to Nightwhisker that Rainpaw was too tired to try again.
"Uhm, never mind. I forgot that we need to have time to tell the stories to the kits." He came up with. Rainpaw relaxed, and put his gaze on him.
"I understand, thank you." Rainpaw sighed, relieved.
Nightwhisker took his tail over his shoulder affectionately, hoping he had made the right choice. Being a mentor was close to being a father for him.
"We can rest first if you want to." Rainpaw shook his head.
"If I do that, the kits will already be alseep."Rainpaw explained. Nightwhisker eyed his apprentice proudly.
Old April 14th, 2018, 04:02 PM
stardust memories

@king kaleb!

Her first time to the training cave. As Dawnpaw placed one of her small beige paws on the marshy ground of the cave, excitement raced through her. Every nerve was on high alert as her icy blue eyes danced around the scene. Yesterday she had been named Dawnpaw, and had been assigned to Wolfdancer, and now... she was about to began her training to be a RiverClan warrior. A warrior... she thought, barely able to contain the smile that stretched wide across her face. It almost seemed unreal to her, and felt like just yesterday she'd been in the nursery playing moss-ball with her littermates. Now, they were all apprentices and off training with their mentors. She wasn't sure if they would ever get to hang out like they used to, but a part of her already missed them - after all, this was her first day really being away from them at all.

Pushing the thought of her siblings to the back of her mind, the young apprentice looked over at Wolfdancer who stood next to her. She hadn't talked to the warrior much, but she was excited to be her apprentice. "I am so excited to start training! Thank you for taking me on as your apprentice," she purred, truly glad to be out with the RiverClan warrior. She looked like she'd seen a lot in her moons of life, but Dawnpaw was sure that she would be the best warrior she could be under Wolfdancer's guidance.
Old April 14th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Dazzling star dust ✨

It was close to sunhigh as Wildheart lead her new apprentice to the training cave. The torbie cat was glade to have a new apprentice and Twigpaw already showed promise. Even though her apprentice was ten moons and a formal loner she likes him already.
Glancing behind her Wildheart looked at Twigpaw. "Today I thought I'd take you to the training cave. " She meowed as the cave came into view. "I'm pretty sure you know how to hunt but I will be teaching you to fish soon." The molly added. The cave opening strached in front of them. You could smell the dampness in the air as they neared.FONT

When they entered Wildheart let Twigpaw go to what ever corner he wanted to. He had to have a little free will. "Now, do you have a person what you learn first Twigpaw?" The warrior asked her apprentice. It would be good to see what his Personality was like if he was outspoken or if he kept his ideas to himself. She didn't know him well since he'd just joined this moon and just the other night she was made his mentor.

[Sorry this is late and short. It's a long story.]

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old April 15th, 2018, 12:35 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
@king kaleb!

Her first time to the training cave. As Dawnpaw placed one of her small beige paws on the marshy ground of the cave, excitement raced through her. Every nerve was on high alert as her icy blue eyes danced around the scene. Yesterday she had been named Dawnpaw, and had been assigned to Wolfdancer, and now... she was about to began her training to be a RiverClan warrior. A warrior... she thought, barely able to contain the smile that stretched wide across her face. It almost seemed unreal to her, and felt like just yesterday she'd been in the nursery playing moss-ball with her littermates. Now, they were all apprentices and off training with their mentors. She wasn't sure if they would ever get to hang out like they used to, but a part of her already missed them - after all, this was her first day really being away from them at all.

Pushing the thought of her siblings to the back of her mind, the young apprentice looked over at Wolfdancer who stood next to her. She hadn't talked to the warrior much, but she was excited to be her apprentice. "I am so excited to start training! Thank you for taking me on as your apprentice," she purred, truly glad to be out with the RiverClan warrior. She looked like she'd seen a lot in her moons of life, but Dawnpaw was sure that she would be the best warrior she could be under Wolfdancer's guidance.
wolfdancer had been through alot this last year. all her kits had grown up, all adoptive. how many had she adopted...10?12? she couldnt remember honestly, only that she only everyone of them. but now they were grown warriors out in riverclan, she felt lonely. and the moment she had tried to become mates with honeycomb, she had been rejected by her. it was okay, they were on better terms then they were before, so things were finally settling down. and boy did wolfdancer look like she had been through a lot. she had countless scars on her pelt from her darkforest training. she left that place a long time ago for the better good, and things were falling into place in her life finally. she was at peace now, so it was only logical that she would take on an apprentice. she gave a loud rumbling purr, smiling at the mollys words. "Im glad to be training you, dawnpaw. ill train you to be the best warrior in all of the clans." after all, she didnt earn the suffix -dancer for anything. she was skilled on the battle field, almost to a graceful extent. once they arrive at the training cave she took in a deep breath. it had been awhile since she was here, it felt good to be back. "Were going to start with some battle pounces, these pounces can be used in battle and for hunting, you ready?"
Old April 15th, 2018, 01:09 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyfeline View Post

It was close to sunhigh as Wildheart lead her new apprentice to the training cave. The torbie cat was glade to have a new apprentice and Twigpaw already showed promise. Even though her apprentice was ten moons and a formal loner she likes him already.
Glancing behind her Wildheart looked at Twigpaw. "Today I thought I'd take you to the training cave. " She meowed as the cave came into view. "I'm pretty sure you know how to hunt but I will be teaching you to fish soon." The molly added. The cave opening strached in front of them. You could smell the dampness in the air as they neared.

When they entered Wildheart let Twigpaw go to what ever corner he wanted to. He had to have a little free will. "Now, do you have a person what you learn first Twigpaw?" The warrior asked her apprentice. It would be good to see what his Personality was like if he was outspoken or if he kept his ideas to himself. She didn't know him well since he'd just joined this moon and just the other night she was made his mentor.
[/FONT]

[Sorry this is late and short. It's a long story.]
Twigpaw had followed Wildheart to the cave in silence, letting his mind wander and run off with the millions of thoughts that rumbled around in his head at the moment. He wondered if this was what his father had felt when he had first started his training. Who had his mentor been? Had he trained any apprentices of his own? No one seemed to remember his father quite well, which made the young tom a bit sad, but he remembered him. In the way Zoie would speak of him, and how highly she talked of RiverClan, despite her disagreement with how their lifestyle was. He missed his mother, as he hadn't gone back to simply let her know that he was alright. Perhaps when I'm a warrior, I'll journey back to say hello, he thought to himself, which put hi wrestling thoughts at ease for a moment.

Now, as Wildheart spoke, he turned around and looked at her. All around them, the training cave was rather damp and swampy, though he figured that was to be expected for a Clan that lived by the water. On the other side of the cave, another set of mentor and apprentice were already beginning their training, and Twigpaw unintentionally flexed his limbs, mentally preparing for his first session. "I'm a bit lousy at fighting, as my mother never taught me any moves besides basic defensive ones," he offered. She was right, he did know how to hunt for himself, but his prey had always been plump mice in a barn that weren't used to running from the claws of their predators. Fishing sounded like a bit of a challenge, but he knew that if Reedtail could do it, then he could do it. After all, he did have RiverClan blood in his veins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
wolfdancer had been through alot this last year. all her kits had grown up, all adoptive. how many had she adopted...10?12? she couldnt remember honestly, only that she only everyone of them. but now they were grown warriors out in riverclan, she felt lonely. and the moment she had tried to become mates with honeycomb, she had been rejected by her. it was okay, they were on better terms then they were before, so things were finally settling down. and boy did wolfdancer look like she had been through a lot. she had countless scars on her pelt from her darkforest training. she left that place a long time ago for the better good, and things were falling into place in her life finally. she was at peace now, so it was only logical that she would take on an apprentice. she gave a loud rumbling purr, smiling at the mollys words. "Im glad to be training you, dawnpaw. ill train you to be the best warrior in all of the clans." after all, she didnt earn the suffix -dancer for anything. she was skilled on the battle field, almost to a graceful extent. once they arrive at the training cave she took in a deep breath. it had been awhile since she was here, it felt good to be back. "Were going to start with some battle pounces, these pounces can be used in battle and for hunting, you ready?"
Eagerness shown clearly in the young Dawnpaw's eyes as she nodded at her mentors words. She had no idea about any moves outside of nursery play-fighting, and was excited to get started learning the more complex moves she often saw the older apprentices practicing. "I'm ready!" she purred, nearly bouncing up and down as she spoke. Her fur was fluffed up, already out of the neat lines that her father had groomed it in before her first day of training. She was excited to make Colby proud though, and her mother... She had still been missing from the Clan, but Dawnpaw was ready to make her proud too, wherever she was. She continued to watch Wolfdancer, wondering what her mentor's backstory was, what led her hear. She didn't now the warrior too well, but from what she could see it was easy to tell she was experienced. -Dancer wasn't just given to any warrior, and she knew along with other suffix's such as -claw and -blaze that she was skilled in battle. A tingle erupted in her own claws as she flexed them, ready to get started with training.
Old April 15th, 2018, 03:16 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Eagerness shown clearly in the young Dawnpaw's eyes as she nodded at her mentors words. She had no idea about any moves outside of nursery play-fighting, and was excited to get started learning the more complex moves she often saw the older apprentices practicing. "I'm ready!" she purred, nearly bouncing up and down as she spoke. Her fur was fluffed up, already out of the neat lines that her father had groomed it in before her first day of training. She was excited to make Colby proud though, and her mother... She had still been missing from the Clan, but Dawnpaw was ready to make her proud too, wherever she was. She continued to watch Wolfdancer, wondering what her mentor's backstory was, what led her hear. She didn't now the warrior too well, but from what she could see it was easy to tell she was experienced. -Dancer wasn't just given to any warrior, and she knew along with other suffix's such as -claw and -blaze that she was skilled in battle. A tingle erupted in her own claws as she flexed them, ready to get started with training.
"good, i thought so," she purred, noting the apprentices enthusiasm. she was glad to have an apprentice that was so eager to learn, she knew how some young cats could be. lazy and unappreciative. she padded closer so she would be side by side to dawnpaw,"So for this, you get really low to the ground. you will mainly use this pounce when you are hiding and waiting for your target," she explained breifly,"but you get really low to the ground, but dont let your tail make any noise. and when the time it right, you can either strike for their legs, or jump and land against their chest." she demonstrated, keeping her body low to the ground, her fur being so long is dragged against it briefly. she was a large cat, a vareint of a mainecoon, so it sort of looked funny to see her crouch so small,"you balance all of your weight on your back legs and haunches, so you have less weight to worry about for your front paws and can move them quickly." the mewed,"You try!"
Old April 15th, 2018, 07:25 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
"good, i thought so," she purred, noting the apprentices enthusiasm. she was glad to have an apprentice that was so eager to learn, she knew how some young cats could be. lazy and unappreciative. she padded closer so she would be side by side to dawnpaw,"So for this, you get really low to the ground. you will mainly use this pounce when you are hiding and waiting for your target," she explained breifly,"but you get really low to the ground, but dont let your tail make any noise. and when the time it right, you can either strike for their legs, or jump and land against their chest." she demonstrated, keeping her body low to the ground, her fur being so long is dragged against it briefly. she was a large cat, a vareint of a mainecoon, so it sort of looked funny to see her crouch so small,"you balance all of your weight on your back legs and haunches, so you have less weight to worry about for your front paws and can move them quickly." the mewed,"You try!"

Dawnpaw's ears swiveled around as she listened to her mentor closely, trying to commit each word Wolfdancer spoke to memory. She not only wanted to get it right this time, but every time after this. The young feline wanted to be that apprentice that didn't need to be told a second time, the one that could master it by just being informed once. She watched Wolfdancer's moves, the way she rocked back onto her haunches and kept her tail in a straight line. Her head bobbed up and down in agreement, and she tried her best to mimic the warrior's position. She crouched low, her belly just barely brushing the ground, but her tail curved upwards a bit, twitching a bit as her nerve battled with her calmer self. "Like this?" she asked, moving her eyes from her paws to Wolfdancer, eyes shining as she looked through their blue hues to her mentor.
Old April 15th, 2018, 07:35 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Dawnpaw's ears swiveled around as she listened to her mentor closely, trying to commit each word Wolfdancer spoke to memory. She not only wanted to get it right this time, but every time after this. The young feline wanted to be that apprentice that didn't need to be told a second time, the one that could master it by just being informed once. She watched Wolfdancer's moves, the way she rocked back onto her haunches and kept her tail in a straight line. Her head bobbed up and down in agreement, and she tried her best to mimic the warrior's position. She crouched low, her belly just barely brushing the ground, but her tail curved upwards a bit, twitching a bit as her nerve battled with her calmer self. "Like this?" she asked, moving her eyes from her paws to Wolfdancer, eyes shining as she looked through their blue hues to her mentor.
wolfdancer nodded enthusiastically,"just like that. now while youre in this position, i want you to imagine youre hiding in some shrubs, just waiting for some shadowclan apprentice to cross your path," she spoke, getting the image into her head to make it more realistic,"one way to go is to strike. this is for if they are close to you though, so not all the time," she noted. it was a close distance type battle move only, and wouldnt work so good if they were far away,"but its called a leg strike. you pull your paw as close as you can to yourself at first, but only jabbing out a moment later and swiping anything in your path, stretching it so far that you swipe in a full half circle." she explained. and then, she did it. she pulled her paw as close as she could to herself while her weigth rested on her back legs, so it was less tiring to moev her front ones. then, in a few seconds, she extended her arm in a quick motion, swiping whatever would have been in her path in a full half circle. she ended up swiping the ground instead, he abnormally long and thick claws making way into the daylight, and digging into the ground causing dirt and sut to come flying in the air. after she was done, she sat up, licking her paw free of dirt,"with that swipe you can either create dust to get in their eyes, or use it in the water so theyll get splashed, or when in land itll knock them off of their paws so they fall on their side and vunerable to attack."
Old April 15th, 2018, 07:56 PM
stardust memories

Quote:
wolfdancer nodded enthusiastically,"just like that. now while youre in this position, i want you to imagine youre hiding in some shrubs, just waiting for some shadowclan apprentice to cross your path," she spoke, getting the image into her head to make it more realistic,"one way to go is to strike. this is for if they are close to you though, so not all the time," she noted. it was a close distance type battle move only, and wouldnt work so good if they were far away,"but its called a leg strike. you pull your paw as close as you can to yourself at first, but only jabbing out a moment later and swiping anything in your path, stretching it so far that you swipe in a full half circle." she explained. and then, she did it. she pulled her paw as close as she could to herself while her weigth rested on her back legs, so it was less tiring to moev her front ones. then, in a few seconds, she extended her arm in a quick motion, swiping whatever would have been in her path in a full half circle. she ended up swiping the ground instead, he abnormally long and thick claws making way into the daylight, and digging into the ground causing dirt and sut to come flying in the air. after she was done, she sat up, licking her paw free of dirt,"with that swipe you can either create dust to get in their eyes, or use it in the water so theyll get splashed, or when in land itll knock them off of their paws so they fall on their side and vunerable to attack."
Although the information came at her all at once, Dawnpaw focused on listening intently, her eyes going from her mentors' form to her face and then back again. She mirrored what Wolfdancer did with her paw, drawing it closer to her. She kept it near her as she watched the feline shoot hers out, dust spitting up into the rather empty clearing aside from another set of RiverClanners training across the way. "Wow!" she breathed, amazed at how far she was able to shoot her paw out, it's long and hooked nature causing it to glint a bit in the weak sunlight that filtered down through the canopy of trees. "Okay, let's try that..." Dawnpaw mewed, breathing in a large breath before a sign left her lips. She steadied herself, drawing her paw even closer into her chest. After a few moments, she shot it forward, excitement lighting up her gaze as the adrenaline pumped through her. However, she'd miscalculated about how much force to put behind the strike, and the momentum took her forward, causing her to tumble out into the open. If she'd been hiding in a bush, she would've rolled out of it, announcing her arrival to the awaiting enemy if they had been real. Even more dust added to Wolfdancer's collection as Dawnpaw tumbled forward, squeaks escaping from her as her rump went into the air and over her head.
Old April 15th, 2018, 08:25 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Although the information came at her all at once, Dawnpaw focused on listening intently, her eyes going from her mentors' form to her face and then back again. She mirrored what Wolfdancer did with her paw, drawing it closer to her. She kept it near her as she watched the feline shoot hers out, dust spitting up into the rather empty clearing aside from another set of RiverClanners training across the way. "Wow!" she breathed, amazed at how far she was able to shoot her paw out, it's long and hooked nature causing it to glint a bit in the weak sunlight that filtered down through the canopy of trees. "Okay, let's try that..." Dawnpaw mewed, breathing in a large breath before a sign left her lips. She steadied herself, drawing her paw even closer into her chest. After a few moments, she shot it forward, excitement lighting up her gaze as the adrenaline pumped through her. However, she'd miscalculated about how much force to put behind the strike, and the momentum took her forward, causing her to tumble out into the open. If she'd been hiding in a bush, she would've rolled out of it, announcing her arrival to the awaiting enemy if they had been real. Even more dust added to Wolfdancer's collection as Dawnpaw tumbled forward, squeaks escaping from her as her rump went into the air and over her head.
wolfdancer had to use her paw to block her mouth to cover her growing smile. she was an apprentice, wolfdancer knew she wasnt going to get everything on the first try, hell no one would. not even the finest leader. she playfully sighed, standing up and padding over to where dawnpaw had fallen. she bent down, a reassuring smile on her face,"you okay down there? that seemed like a mighty fall from the dust in the air." she teased lightly,"but its okay, im sure youll get it the next time. second times a charm you know," she chuckled, sitting up more. "Maybe for now, so you dont miscalculate again ill place moss on the ground where youre suppose to swipe. you can catch it in your grip too to provide a more real affect, okay?" she didnt want dawnpaw to get too overwhelmed after all this was her first time out fo the nursery. and there was so much to do after this today. but wolfdancer wasnt worried, she knew dawnpaw was eager to learn and would get it eventually.

Last edited by graves; April 15th, 2018 at 08:26 PM.