[300000kk prize!]...
Last post by glitch
Today 09:33 AM

Old November 3rd, 2020, 09:25 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Post deputarian debate [VA Piece for Applications]

[this is a VA non canon piece done for the Windclan Deputy Applications]

[topics for the two 'candidates' to discuss; stance on ShC, reason for wanting deputy, how to prevent starvation]

[ @Rani - Crowpaw can play judge as ya wanted and ask the questions lmao]

-- @Trouble --

Weaselskip entered, the molly looking mighty fine - not. Her fur was a mess, but her green eyes held a shine that she'd longed after for quite some time. Finally... this debate would be interesting, or well... somewhat interesting. That was what she hoped for at least. So taking her seat down on the rough ground of the moors, she waited. Somewhat. Tail was whisking back and forth and she was rolling her eyes too. This it seemed would take its time but, as long as it finished before it got dark sh was fine. Otherwise she might just... stand up and leave. Not worth wasting each other's time.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee

Last edited by Arie; November 10th, 2020 at 08:34 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 09:31 AM
full time disappointment

Bump Policy: bump after 72 hours
My Mood: Sad

Default Re: deputarian debate [VA Piece for Applications]

Echowind arrived soon after Weaselskip. Her silver pelt was shiny. The first time in over a moon she'd groomed herself. Her yellow eyes were emotionless, as always. She didn't care that her kits would be here soon, if she got deputy she'd give them away. That's right, she's pregnant, and running for deputy/ Something to stop her from seeing Whisperbreeze. She sat down and curled her tail over her paws.

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit
Old November 3rd, 2020, 05:46 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Well this disaster in the making was right up Crowpaws alley and given that he wasnt afraid of either of the she cats (probably not the best decision) and that he was a fiend for drama he happily took the place of judge. Jumping up onto a small raised rock he rolled his shoulders before loudly rasping out.

"Alright you two welcome to the first (and likely only) debate for the role of deputy! You two will be stating your arguments for why you should be deputy and arguing for why the other shouldn't! You will give first give a small (heh not likely) opening statement for who you are and why you are qualified before I will be giving you the first question for you to discuss. I am here to keep the peace (also not likely) and ask the questions to keep this 'civil'.Once you are ready feel free to take it away!"

God Crowpaw wished he had popcorn for this mess.

@Arie @Trouble

Last edited by Rani; November 3rd, 2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 05:53 PM
full time disappointment

Echowind didn't wait to see if Weaselskip wanted to go first. "I am Echowind, the queen and former guardian. I am overqualified to be deputy. I trained an apprentice, and duh, I'm awesome. I think being deputy will keep me away from my mate, and exile. I'll even give m kits away, I'll be a terrible mother. But Weasel over there? She gets excited over nothing and acts like a kit. She flirts with freaking everyone, and I'm pretty sure she has no brain. I'll defend my Clan with whatever it takes, while she's flirting with every cat in the Clan. Besides, Weaselskip, I don't think anyone likes you." Short and sweet. She wanted to start like that.
@Arie @Rani

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit
Old November 4th, 2020, 02:50 AM
emergency hiatus

-- @Rani @Trouble --

Oh oh oh ohhhh. This was the direction it was going was it? Weaselskip couldn't help the smirk sliding up on her face as Echowind presented herself and then proceeded to throw some... kind and extremely nice compliments Weaselskip's way. "Oh thank you dearest sweetheart, aren't we looking mighty pretty tonight with that dress of war? I would say, I am quite likable which in part plays into why I fit the criteria of deputy to an extent you maybe do not. I even told Twilight that Coyotesnarl would eventually end up as deputy of the clan... and look at where we came. I predicted that. And sweetheart, insulting someone and saying they have no brain is just degrades their own opinions further. Nevertheless, I would think I am suitable candidate because, similarly to Echowind, I too serve - not served - as a resident guardian over the clan. I have had successful missions such as intercepting Buckstar when he was just allowed to wade directly into the camp and I made sure nothing happened. I too have trained an apprentice, who seems to appreciate my skill, and I've trained others to learn how to swim to save themselves. And well, I don't flirt when its unnecessary, do you think I've got no respect for tensions? It can help relieve extremely tense moments and will take the focus off the struggle and rather towards the... well enjoyable part of it. I've got the experience, and somehow, the temper to manage to negotiate rather well. You? I've seen you go off at a cat at a debate and then needed to get reprimanded for it, do we really need a cat who triggers at the small things? and you giving up your kits does not sound like such a loyal thing to do... to them." Done and dusted, the molly sat down again and let a dangerous smile linger.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours

Old November 4th, 2020, 04:41 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

The tom had flopped onto his side and was snickering wildly by the time the two mollies finished their insults, not even surprised it took so little to collapse the thin layer of civility to devolve straight to this. Thing was neither of them were really wrong yet, though Echowinds talk of how she'd deal with her kits rattled the apprentice a bit, being an abandoned orphan himself. That had to be a bluff though and wasn't really his business. Weaselskips was suitably vicious and stupid to earn a snort from Crowpaw though.

"What... emotionally driven? opening statements! Now that we know our candidates lets move on to the first issue up for debate! Now as you know tensions with shadowclan have never been higher than they are now and there are even allegations that our previous deputy's death was by their paws. It has not devolved into open violence yet but unless something is done that is likely our future. What, candidates, is your stance on shadowclan and how would you deal with the clan living just over the wetlands?"
@Arie @Trouble
Old November 4th, 2020, 07:54 AM
full time disappointment

Echowind was clearly expecting this question. She wasn't sure what else would be asked, but she expected something about ShadowClan.

"ShadowClan... Well ShadowClan's bad, but Icestar was worse. There was still good among them. But even with Icestar dead, those cats are still a threat. And if it's true, which it sure seems to be, that this Dawnstar's worse? We could be in more danger than we were when Icestar was alive. I think we should hold another raid, but this time not attack everyone. There are cats that are loyal to Dawnstar or even still Icestar. We need to get rid of them, not the innocent cats. Do you realled think they'd fight for Dawnstar? Unless they're mouse-brains, no, they wouldn't. If I were deputy, I would try to get Twilightstar's permission to start meeting up with these innocent ShadowClan cats, and plan another raid where we take down Dawnstar. For the good of all the Clans, not just ours. This would also (hopefully) bring WindClan to the top. Do you think I'll win now? I bet you don't have a plan. But even if you do, I'm not done. Hopefully ShadowClan's next leader won't be a piece of fox-dung. And if they're not? I'll be credited for saving those toad-eating cats. One day maybe I'll rise to leadership, and keep WindClan the best. Now Weasel, following what you said before, I'm a queen for just a few moons. I still served as a guardian, and now I'll bring life to the Clan. I'm the queen who ran for deputy, at least I have a proper mate. I don't go flirting with everyone, unlike someone here. Come on, Weaseldarling, what would you do?"
@Arie @Rani

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit

Last edited by -Ash-; November 4th, 2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old November 4th, 2020, 10:48 AM
emergency hiatus

-- @Rani @Trouble --

Okay. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Nope. That did not go her way and Weaselskip proceeded to just collapse in laughter at Echowind's ridiculous statements.
"Dearest Echowind, your idea... is a valuable one. But not one that is likely to succeed. How would you organize a meeting with these so called rebels? How would you know they're not just traitors for Dawnstar and willing to betray Windclan plans to the dark leader you so wish to overthrow? I think, if we were to go by your plan you would sentence the part of Shadowclan that dislikes Dawnstar to their own death. And I would not personally want to have that blood on my paws. Rather, I believe in a harsh line but consolidation of power. We have good allies, we have a good and strong clan that grows ever stronger, but we need to be on the ball when it comes to Shadowclan. We should be prepared to let them come to us. We have NOTHING, absolutely nothing to gain by invading them rather than just proving a petty point and loosing warriors from injuries or physical damage. If what Dawnstar did to Croakingtoad is what she would do to her own former warrior, what do you think she would do if she got her claws into you? Probably string you up and make a pretty corpse out of you. And Windclan does not need to be on the top. Being at the top creates a target on your back, and that is the least Windclan needs with us heading into the colder moons where the struggle for prey will become a real challenge and instead of batteling Shadowclan we will be battling hunger. I would send extra border patrols to Shadowclan though, if I were to be elected, to make sure that none of our prey went the stupid frogjumper's way. A hard line, but a consolidation of power, is my own preference for a border battle with Shadowclan. And so, dearest dearest Echowind you think to insult me for bringing my gender into this question? I may be born male, and therefore be unable to carry kits myself and I take deep insult to your implication that just because I cannot carry kits I'm somehow less than you. To set you straight, wherever you can carry kits or not does not affect your ability to manage a clan. And you think just because I like to have fun that I do not have a mate? Shocker, shocker dearest, but I am indeed happily mated to the most glorious girl in this clan. I am sorry to ruin your perception of my gender and sexuality and my charm, but... the more to me. Now, Crowpaw, do you have any further questions to share or are we done here?" She didn't really want to be around Echowind after that big insult to her gender... Weasel usually took it well but being reminded that she could in fact not carry her own kits did for most of the times hurt the grey feline.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours

Old November 4th, 2020, 07:10 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Ok so Echowind was full of herself and Weaselskip was very vague about her plans and a bit battle hungry that was fine just slightly annoying but, but were they flirting?! Crowpaw was gay and not really at all interested in romantic pursuits so maybe he was just mistaking normal behaviour for something he was notably inexperienced with. But seriously there were a lot more 'darlings' and 'dearests' than Crowpaw expected to hear during a political debate. Deflect man deflect!

"Riiiiiight well moving on from your plans for shadowclan let's move on to the next question. I would like to take the time to remind the candidates you are debating why you would be good for deputy and I hardly thing ones romantic or child based pursuits are relevant, many leaders have managed to do good while having kits or a mate or even none. (please keep all insults appearance or personality related, its much much funnier)
Next question! Food scarcity has been a threat windclan has faced many times before and the last time famine visited our clan we lost too many. What would be your plan to deal with such an issue should it come again?"

@Arie @Trouble

Last edited by Rani; November 4th, 2020 at 07:10 PM.
Old November 5th, 2020, 09:40 PM
full time disappointment

Echowind listened to what Crowpaw said. Hunger... Hm...

"Yes, I agree WindClan has faced lack of prey too many times. While we can't prevent this, we can try to work around it. I think we should take on fishing. Weaseldarling, before there's more rude laughter, hear me out. I know it's a RiverClan skill, but we live across from the river too! That way we have an alternative food source, lowering the risk of hunger. If the river is frozen as well, there is nothing we can do. We feed continue to feed the queens, kits, and elders first, and hope StarClan will have mercy. There is no way to fully prevent this, crow-food would get us sick. Hopefully this will not happen in the near future." There wasn't much else to say.

@Rani @Arie

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit

Last edited by -Ash-; November 5th, 2020 at 09:40 PM.