Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Apprentices' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:10 AM
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by paris
Today 09:07 AM
WindClan Galewood
by Ian
Last post by paris
Today 08:57 AM
Bitternpaw Training [p]
by silver.
Last post by silver.
Today 08:47 AM
The Shadowledge
by BEAR.
Last post by silver.
Today 08:41 AM

Old February 18th, 2024, 10:28 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: get your paws wet! [fishing event]

Dusklion
She/her | 25 moons | RiverClan Warrior
[ Shadow Fiend • Go with the Flow • Beefed Up T3 ]
Fishing?? Finally! Always one to get her paws wet, Dusklion bounded over and flanked her brother, eyes glittering with excitement. "Finally! Somethin' that's intuitively RiverClan. Missed this." As much as she loved regular events and daily duties, nothing compared to fishing or swimming in general. The dark tabby took a seat next to her littermate and watched Mistypaw with excitement written all over her features.

[ @Cherry~ ]
Old February 22nd, 2024, 04:25 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

[ Cherryswirl - 52 Moons]
She/Her | Chaotic Good | Lionheart
Go With The Flow [Active]

Cherryswirl trailed along after Dusklion, her own attention caught by ~FISH~. It seemed like the weather was starting to warm up, well, more than usual. From what she could tell, the ice was all melted now. Hopefully new-leaf was on it's way too! So, settling down beside Willowpaw the warrior gave a friendly smile to the lonely looking apprentice.

"Excited to go fishing?" She mewed, her eyes checking in on Mistypaw every so often for updates on when they would start.

[ @Choi_San_Byeol ]

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart
Old February 22nd, 2024, 04:36 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post

[ Cherryswirl - 52 Moons]
She/Her | Chaotic Good | Lionheart
Go With The Flow [Active]

Cherryswirl trailed along after Dusklion, her own attention caught by ~FISH~. It seemed like the weather was starting to warm up, well, more than usual. From what she could tell, the ice was all melted now. Hopefully new-leaf was on it's way too! So, settling down beside Willowpaw the warrior gave a friendly smile to the lonely looking apprentice.

"Excited to go fishing?" She mewed, her eyes checking in on Mistypaw every so often for updates on when they would start.

[ @Choi_San_Byeol ]
Willowpaw looked over, nodding softly with a small purr. "Yes."

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old February 24th, 2024, 12:54 AM
BLARGH !!!

My Mood: Psychedelic

Stormwhistle

(base by supurrnovae on DA)

He/Him ✩ Warrior ✩ Sociable

Just as Stormwhistle thought today was gonna be another boring ol day, he heard Mistypaw's announcement.

A fishing trip? Sounds like fun! The tom thought to himself, as he got up from where he was sitting to join the others heading out of the clearing.

He hadn't fished in some time, he was worried his skills were rusty, but oh well! This is a great time to get in some practice!
Old February 24th, 2024, 01:32 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Event [#event]

Mistypaw

Alright, the amount of cats that had gathered was somewhat satisfactory! Mistypaw gave each of them a quick nod as they gathered with her at the river. Her one amber eye curiously swept over the crowd and she was able to recognize some familiar faces. Amberwing and Adderpaw who she’d been on a herb patrol with and Dusklion who had been of great help during her assesment and the fox fight. Yeah, she barely knew anyone here except from seeing them around, maybe she should start talking more and making more friends. The warriors knew how to fish already, so she didn’t have to teach too many cats. That was good as she barely had any mentoring experience. However she hoped that when she was a warrior she’d soon get her own apprentice – teaching another cat everything she had learnt in her long life seemed enjoyable.

Anyways, she was getting off track. She had an event to host. Mistypaw briefly cleared her throat before adressing her clanmates. “Thank you to everyone who’s here, it’s good to know there are some cats who are interested in actually improving their skills or learning new ones. Warriors – so that’s Amberwing, Bunnytuft, Fadingsun, Seabreeze, Troutstone, Dusklion, Cherryswirl and Stormwhistle – you can all head over to the river and go start fishing. See it as a little competition on who can get the most prey!” She mewed and tried to give them an encouraging grin. The more enthusiastic she was the more determined they’d be to actually try in this event, right?

It was kind of disappointing to Mistypaw that only four apprentices had gathered, there were so many cats in need of training and she was trying to help mostly them with this event. She heaved a little sigh and padded over to her denmates. Adderpaw she supposed already knew how to fish, but they were so lacking in the younger cats group that she’d leave Adder in it. Improving skills that were already there was always good. Either way they wouldn’t spend too much time on dry ground; only way to learn fishing was by actually doing it. Briefly she glanced over to the warriors to make sure they had all reached their destination, then she turned her full attention to Blizzardpaw, Willowpaw, Adderpaw and Toadpaw.

“Right so... Adderpaw you probably know how to fish already, but improving on your already existing techniques is never bad, so either you can assist me with teaching them or you can try yourself. Fishing isn’t that hard once you get the hang of it, and trust me, every bite of those delicious fishes is worth the effort! To fish you will have to crouch by the water’s edge as low as you can, without falling in.” She put particular emphasis on those words. In cold leafbare, she was really not in the mood to swim and have to fish a cat out of the water. “When you’re leaning down make sure not too much of your reflection shows in the water. You do not want to alert the fish of your presence too early, it will just swim a different direction and you won’t be able to catch it. If you want you can have your paw ready, but remember this is all about acting quickly. When the fish comes into reaching length don’t hesitate or it will be gone already.”

“I want you to practice your swipe on dry land first so that you do not scare all the prey in the river away. Keep your balance, swipe at a rock and scoop it up. Imagine you’re pulling it out of the water, then giving it a killing bite.”
She looked at the four – or three, if Adder decided to help her instead of trying the moves – cats and waited for them to attempt the strike.

HOW THIS WILL WORK:
– You can see most of the descriptions in the first post. For warriors, please only try your cat attempting the catch and not actually catching/failing because that will be determined by rolls.
– For apprentices who have not aquired the fishing skill yet, please remember they have to actively participate to obtain it. Mistypaw will correct their movements and help to the best of her ability.
– My next post will be on the 2nd of March. Could be sooner if everyone replies before this, especially for apprentices.
– If you still want your cat to join, now is the time! As long as you post before my next event post you’ll be good to go.

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old February 24th, 2024, 02:02 PM

Status: I'm a zombie and I'm hungryyyy... Also if I have to get scolded can't it be for something I did?
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Toadpaw sighed. Well this was going to be difficult. First she had to find the rock and most rocks didn't have a scent. That wouldn't be a problem for most cats, but she was blind. She eventually managed to locate a rock the did have a scent, though she wrinkled up her nose because, like all rocks that did have a scent it STUNK. She swiped at it, the eight moon old attempting to scoop up the rock. @Sklee @Spookez. @Cherry~ @chickadee @Theraphosa @TheLostAmongTheStars @MockingRabbit @Choi_San_Byeol @tallulah @Dust @cybervoid
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. Birdpaw has flock together tier three and bilingual tier three. Toadpaw has silver tongue. Mantiskit has agatha kitty and mind reader. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.

Last edited by Katiethewolfchild; February 24th, 2024 at 02:02 PM.
Old February 24th, 2024, 02:24 PM
HIT EM W THE B B B BEAM!!

Bump Policy: Idrc anytime
My Mood: Spooky

Blizzardpaw
Lyrebird's Lullaby, Agatha Kitty. Silver tongue.
@Katiethewolfchild - Toadpaw

Blizzardpaw didn't know how to fish yet, but now was her chance to learn! If she was going to grow up to be the best Riverclan warrior there is, she'll have to train as hard as she could. Even if that included lifting up boring rocks.

When she was looking for her own rock, she looked in the direction of Toadpaw. Her eyes, is she blind? It would be very rude to just walk up to somecat and randomly ask them; 'Hey, are you blind or something?' But Toadpaw looked friendly enough. She padded towards the blind Apprentice. But as soon as she got close, her nose wrinkled. What was that smell? "That's one Stinky rock.Would you like me to help you find a better one? Maybe one that doesn't smell like Foxdung?"

݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁|I do not support/share my character's Actions/emotions unless said otherwise.|. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁

Last edited by Spookez.; February 24th, 2024 at 02:35 PM.
Old February 24th, 2024, 03:13 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Willowpaw gave a small sniff as she looked at the rocks. Seeing a light looking rock, Willowpaw glared at it, she crouched backwards and didn't let her shadow fall over the rock. Extending her long and curved claws, she swiped at the rock. Attempting to scoop it up but then dropping it with an angry growl. Willowpaw tried about 3 or 4 more times before she finally was able to grab the rock. Knocking it over with her victory purr. "Damn it!" She cursed quietly.

(A new enemy is approaching lol) @starry

Brightnight padded forward, seeing Willowpaw she padded over and licked her ear. "Flick your paw, don't use your entire arm or the fish might carry you under, especially with you being smaller than most Riverclan cats" Brightnight purred gently. Seeing the apprentice running this she gave a small nod, not knowing exactly what to do but wanting to join Willowpaw.

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3

Last edited by SeonghwasBunnyEars; February 24th, 2024 at 04:05 PM.
Old February 24th, 2024, 06:43 PM
BLARGH !!!

My Mood: Psychedelic

Stormwhistle

(base by supurrnovae on DA)

He/Him ✩ Warrior ✩ Sociable

After Mistypaw's announcement, Stormwhistle excitedly rushed over toward the nearest spot, but tried not to be too close to the other warriors in hopes that he would get the spot with the most fish.

Rusty he was indeed...

hmm how do I do this right again? He thought to himself

Nevertheless, the tom watched the water closely for fish, hoping one would swim by.
Old February 24th, 2024, 11:44 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Warrior | Moons: 15 | Purrks: Sweet as a Flower | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze nodded at Mistypaw’s words and made his way over to the river bank. Somewhere within his mind, memories unwanted made themselves the forefront of his thinking. The scent of clover washed over him and while usually it made him terribly sad, the Riverclan tom focused instead on the task at hand instead. While his grief stings, it’s been long enough for the clan’s wellbeing to be piroritized over that.

Cloverpaw would have wanted him to have let go and focus on the future, to be honest she was probably laughing at him from Starclan. Remember, like this, Seapaw! You’re so silly, the fish don’t avoid you, you just squirm too much while waiting. His apprenticeship seems so far away now even though it’s been less than a moon.

The sandy grey-blue tom shook out his pelt as he settled down with a light growl at himself. The well-being came before his grief. Seabreeze swatted away a too curious bee before the river caught his eyes.

Seabreeze focused his mind on the water. The twisting and turns making his stomach churn as the tom remembers the most recent of his dreams. With a flick of his ears, Seabreeze was suddenly switching from Seabreeze mode to warrior mode in a second. The familiarity of fishing washing over him and relaxing his muscles but keeping them strung enough to lash his paw out the second any fish came into view.

His eyes glittered with a delight he only got while being fully distracted, one that rivaled the sun itself for world’s brightest. Weight even on his haunches, the cat could spring forward if the fish was just out of range. Seabreese waited and he watched.

(Hello! I don’t know if they have effects on the dice rolls but Seabreeze has ‘The collector’ which makes prey easier to find (if that applies to fish) as well as ‘The Ultimate Predator’ purrk. They don’t have to have any benefit I’m just curious /gen )

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is semi-open to all RPs, just ask! ]