Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by Starphobia
Today 06:57 PM
Lightningpaw and the...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 06:45 PM
Falling Wishes and Sweeter...
by Tiabirb
Last post by hades.
Today 06:16 PM
ShadowClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Aquaria
Today 06:07 PM
Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]
Last post by Moonraven
Today 05:58 PM

Old August 8th, 2017, 09:28 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Training Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
@meraki

A time was given to his trainee, and he fully expected her to be punctual. Noonhigh, at the training grounds, that's the time and the place she was expected to be. And he would wait there, nearly an hour before noonhigh, just curious to see if she would be the one to be early, on time, or late. Another small thing that could tell a bit about a cat, a small test to gathering other small bits of information about her.
This was her first true training session with him, sure they've had small conversations before, but this was a real session. He would test her, see what she knew and see how she fought. In a way it was an observation, a pre-test. If she showed promise, he would continue to train her, if she didn't, then he would consider killing her and then go on with his plan and leave the Syndicate. Though, already from their talks, Hannibal could see some sort of potential in this young cat and believed it would be an interesting few moons until she became a full warrior. He had reason enough to believe he wouldn't have to kill her, unless of course she did something idiotic. But he believed she had enough brains about her to not do such a thing.

And so the tom sat there quietly in the training grounds, tail wrapped over his claws with the claws already unsheathed, but they were always unsheathed so that fact meant nothing.
The quietness of the training grounds was meaningless, but favorable to a noisy location. It was rather cloudy today it appeared so there wasn't as much light as there usually was in the Dusk Syndicate territory, but Hannibal could see just fine. And smell just fine too.
There were a few birds in the canopy above, silent, but they were there, the smell of other cats were stale but they were there, and there was the distant scent of cats somewhere nearby. All of which were irrelevant in his mind at the moment, the only thing that he was actively interested in smelling was his trainee, he was hungry for information. Fiery orbs slowly sweeping over the training grounds, he imagined how the training session might go today.
They could spar, which they would, but the ending.. It depended on her skills. He wouldn't hold back, but wouldn't exert himself. If she could at least handle that, she would live. He wouldn't be afraid of hurting her, for those injuries could teach her lessons, and he wasn't afraid of killing her, for if she were so weak to not be able to handle him when he wasn't exerting himself, then she wasn't worth keeping alive. And if she could handle him when he wasn't exerting himself with minimal injuries, she could prove to be quite the interesting and valuable trainee. It could go so many ways. And each of them had an equal opportunity of happening.
But for now. He waited for Maple to arrive.
A normal cat would have been nervous. A normal cat would have been anxious. They'd have poisonus butterflies fluttering about in their stomach. A normal cat would not be meeting a possibly murderous cat in the woods to spar. Which was fine with Maple, she wasn't a normal cat, never had been. Never would be. She was completely calm and confident as she made her way to the Training Grounds. Hannibal had ordered her to be there by noonhigh, and that was exactly what she would do. Be there exactly at noonhigh. Not earlier, not later. Exactly noonhigh.
Of course, Maple was not doing this to impress, that was simply how she was when asked to meet up. She planned out how the day would go, and by the time she reached the Training Grounds, she already had several alternate realities planned out in her head, all depending on what she'd say first. Though Hannibal was not easy to plan out what he'd say, he was confusing and mysterious, constantly leaving Maple on edge slightly. But there was nothing wrong with being wary- you couldn't trust anyone in the Syndicate. She knew that Hannibal would see her coming before she came. The cloudy sky made the lighting beneath the trees dim, and took a moment for her eyes to adjust.

The scent of another cat krept into her nostrils as the dark form of Maple's new mentor began to take shape several feet before her. His fiery gaze shown brightly in the dimness, like the beam of a lighthouse across a sea of fog. Maple padded up to him, pine needles making cushions beneath her pads, crunching after each soft step. Maple dipped her head respectfully once she was within two foxlengths away.
"Hello, Hannibal." She greeted with false kindness, though Maple sensed that he saw past that, and made sure to block out his searching gaze, putting in the blankness behind her gaze once more. Maple friend once more to search his gaze, trying to pick up his emotion, but got nothing. She noted his unsheathed claws, but remembered they were unsheathed earlier, so it likely meant nothing. Maple searched his position, the way he didn't slouch, his ears stained upright and tuned in, and the way that he looked like a blank statue.
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da
Old August 11th, 2017, 02:44 PM

My Mood: Annoyed

Needle stalked into the training grounds. His ears back and tail thrashing, he was NOT in a good mood. Ever since he lost his mate during the Battle of Retribution his normally calm and collected demeanor gave way to bitterness and irritability. What used to make him merely grumble could now nearly throw him into a fit of rage. He was in immense grief and with that grief came anger and depression. So, the dark foggy tom had come to the training ground to vent out his frustration.

Needle started going through the motions, practicing against an invisible opponent. He clawed and snarled at the air as his acid colored eyes grew glazed with hate. He was now deep in the throws of fit of rage induced insanity.
‘I have to get stronger! I have to kill them! They took him away from me!’ The tom thought as he continued to attack the empty air around him.

To an onlooker, it would appear as if the tom was having a mental break down, as he thrashed and screeched at the ghosts of his madness. Such a claim would not be far from the truth.

‘I’ll rip out their eyes! I’ll tear out their spines and crack their skulls! I’ll make them pay!’ He thought gleefully.
(OPEN RP)

Charrie Site
"give me chocolate chip cookie dough and im perfect!"
Old August 11th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Hit love right back..

Bump Policy: Bump me on Discord if I don't respond in a week
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChameweonRainbow View Post
Needle stalked into the training grounds. His ears back and tail thrashing, he was NOT in a good mood. Ever since he lost his mate during the Battle of Retribution his normally calm and collected demeanor gave way to bitterness and irritability. What used to make him merely grumble could now nearly throw him into a fit of rage. He was in immense grief and with that grief came anger and depression. So, the dark foggy tom had come to the training ground to vent out his frustration.

Needle started going through the motions, practicing against an invisible opponent. He clawed and snarled at the air as his acid colored eyes grew glazed with hate. He was now deep in the throws of fit of rage induced insanity.
‘I have to get stronger! I have to kill them! They took him away from me!’ The tom thought as he continued to attack the empty air around him.

To an onlooker, it would appear as if the tom was having a mental break down, as he thrashed and screeched at the ghosts of his madness. Such a claim would not be far from the truth.

‘I’ll rip out their eyes! I’ll tear out their spines and crack their skulls! I’ll make them pay!’ He thought gleefully.
(OPEN RP)
Blue eyes looked from the shadows. Death sat next to a bush. "Please, don't be mad..." He said calmly, his voice sounded different, stronger and calm. His tail flicked but no one could see his black pelt in the shadows.

(Needle should bed a little confused on who it is.. Lol)

Hello, My name is Deerlie, I own Crowfrost of Shadowclan and Doekit of Thunderclan. I am available for Rp whenever, and I can be found on discord, so please ping me if you'd like to rp!
I am a returning member after over a year, so i am a little dusty on how the site works, but I'm slowly getting into it once again!
Old August 12th, 2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Jay View Post
Blue eyes looked from the shadows. Death sat next to a bush. "Please, don't be mad..." He said calmly, his voice sounded different, stronger and calm. His tail flicked but no one could see his black pelt in the shadows.

(Needle should bed a little confused on who it is.. Lol)
Needle whirled around, gazing wildly at the shadowy woods. "Who's there?!" he hissed loudly. His hackles raised and claws extended, Needle was ready to kill.

Charrie Site
Old August 12th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Hit love right back..

Quote:
Needle whirled around, gazing wildly at the shadowy woods. "Who's there?!" he hissed loudly. His hackles raised and claws extended, Needle was ready to kill.
He got up and padded out of the shadows. "Hey, you want to kill your own mate?" He purred. (Twist Plot! Needle died but starclan gave him a second chance! He's alive!!!)

Hello, My name is Deerlie, I own Crowfrost of Shadowclan and Doekit of Thunderclan. I am available for Rp whenever, and I can be found on discord, so please ping me if you'd like to rp!
I am a returning member after over a year, so i am a little dusty on how the site works, but I'm slowly getting into it once again!
Old August 12th, 2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
He got up and padded out of the shadows. "Hey, you want to kill your own mate?" He purred. (Twist Plot! Needle died but starclan gave him a second chance! He's alive!!!)
Needle's heart nearly stopped. All signs of aggression left his body and suddenly he looked really tired and frail, he hadn't been taking much care of himself so his pelt was ruffled and patchy and his body was very thin and his eyes sunken and dull. "Death...." He whispered, his eyes growing wide as he stared at his mate. The last time Needle had seen Death was when he came across his corpse, torn and bloody."Is... is that really you?" He said, his voice now a hoarse, choking whisper as tears welled in his eyes.

Charrie Site
Old August 12th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Hit love right back..

Quote:
Needle's heart nearly stopped. All signs of aggression left his body and suddenly he looked really tired and frail, he hadn't been taking much care of himself so his pelt was ruffled and patchy and his body was very thin and his eyes sunken and dull. "Death...." He whispered, his eyes growing wide as he stared at his mate. The last time Needle had seen Death was when he came across his corpse, torn and bloody."Is... is that really you?" He said, his voice now a hoarse, choking whisper as tears welled in his eyes.
He purred. "Yes. It is." He padded over to him and started to lick his fur, getting soft. He pushed a rabbit over to him. "Eat." He purred.

Old August 14th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by meraki View Post

A normal cat would have been nervous. A normal cat would have been anxious. They'd have poisonus butterflies fluttering about in their stomach. A normal cat would not be meeting a possibly murderous cat in the woods to spar. Which was fine with Maple, she wasn't a normal cat, never had been. Never would be. She was completely calm and confident as she made her way to the Training Grounds. Hannibal had ordered her to be there by noonhigh, and that was exactly what she would do. Be there exactly at noonhigh. Not earlier, not later. Exactly noonhigh.
Of course, Maple was not doing this to impress, that was simply how she was when asked to meet up. She planned out how the day would go, and by the time she reached the Training Grounds, she already had several alternate realities planned out in her head, all depending on what she'd say first. Though Hannibal was not easy to plan out what he'd say, he was confusing and mysterious, constantly leaving Maple on edge slightly. But there was nothing wrong with being wary- you couldn't trust anyone in the Syndicate. She knew that Hannibal would see her coming before she came. The cloudy sky made the lighting beneath the trees dim, and took a moment for her eyes to adjust.

The scent of another cat krept into her nostrils as the dark form of Maple's new mentor began to take shape several feet before her. His fiery gaze shown brightly in the dimness, like the beam of a lighthouse across a sea of fog. Maple padded up to him, pine needles making cushions beneath her pads, crunching after each soft step. Maple dipped her head respectfully once she was within two foxlengths away.
"Hello, Hannibal." She greeted with false kindness, though Maple sensed that he saw past that, and made sure to block out his searching gaze, putting in the blankness behind her gaze once more. Maple friend once more to search his gaze, trying to pick up his emotion, but got nothing. She noted his unsheathed claws, but remembered they were unsheathed earlier, so it likely meant nothing. Maple searched his position, the way he didn't slouch, his ears stained upright and tuned in, and the way that he looked like a blank statue.
Perfectly punctual. Interesting choice and yet it shows her character. Those with high intelligence tend to be punctual, measured, not rushed but not unreasonably relaxed.
Gaze following his apprentice as she entered the training area from the opposite side from where he sat, he gave the slightest flick of the tip of his tail, marking down the mental note to store it into his memory palace dedicated to documenting information about others. A specific drawer dedicated to his trainee. Hannibal quickly made a note of her demeanor, the calmness that was there and documented that as well. Many cats, if he invited them into the territory alone, would be riddled with fear, even if they tried to hide it from him he could pick it up, or anxiety. Perhaps this young cat had no clue who he was, or perhaps she wasn't scared. That fact didn't matter to him, he didn't care if cats were scared of him, what mattered was her head. She had a strong head on herself, it seemed she didn't let things get to her easily and that was a good trait in a fighter. It didn't necessarily mean she lacked emotion such as he, but it did mean she didn't wear her emotions on her sleeve so to speak. Another good trait, one needed if you were to survive in the Syndicate.

"Greetings Maple. I am pleased to see you were able to make it here on time. Perfectly on time."
The training grounds seemed to get brighter for a moment as the sun was able to breach the clouds, revealing the pine needle coated ground and a clearer image of Hannibal and his trainee. Slowly the tom would rise to his paws as the sun faded back behind the clouds, his gaze looking down on Maple.
"We will be sparring today. Being a fighter, you need to know how to battle, and you need to know how to do it well. To teach you, I must first see where you start on the spectrum. Now I hold no tricks up my sleeves, I will fight just like any Syndicate member, but know that I will not hold back in hurting, or even killing you. The spar will stop when I've seen enough and have gotten the information I need."
His tail would sweep slowly first one way, then the next, his fiery gaze never leaving her.
"I will give you the first move. Offense is particularly important. If you are able to strike your enemy first, it could very well end a battle before it's even begun. What you do with the first move will be key and helping me see where you are in your skills." Hannibal stood as if he were simply watching and not defending, whether it was a trick or not is unknown, his emotions showed nothing nor did his gaze.
"Let's begin."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 14th, 2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
He purred. "Yes. It is." He padded over to him and started to lick his fur, getting soft. He pushed a rabbit over to him. "Eat." He purred.
Needle jerked back as if struck when Death licked him. He staggered back, his eyes wide in fear. "You can't be here..." he said harshly. "I saw you die! I saw your corpse on the forest floor!" He yowled.

He started pacing around; his breathing ragged and his steps unsteady. "You were covered in blood... so much blood. And your eyes..." He shut his eyes tight and made a choking sound as if trying not to burst into tears. "Your beautiful eyes were so dull and unseeing even when I looked right into them."

He whipped around and stared angrily at the cat who called himself his mate. "You're not real! You can't be real."

The anguished tom curled up and broke into harsh sobs. "I've gone mad. Yeah, I've finally lost it haven't I?!"

(poor bab is having a hard time believing what he's seeing)

Charrie Site
Old August 14th, 2017, 07:38 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Perfectly punctual. Interesting choice and yet it shows her character. Those with high intelligence tend to be punctual, measured, not rushed but not unreasonably relaxed.
Gaze following his apprentice as she entered the training area from the opposite side from where he sat, he gave the slightest flick of the tip of his tail, marking down the mental note to store it into his memory palace dedicated to documenting information about others. A specific drawer dedicated to his trainee. Hannibal quickly made a note of her demeanor, the calmness that was there and documented that as well. Many cats, if he invited them into the territory alone, would be riddled with fear, even if they tried to hide it from him he could pick it up, or anxiety. Perhaps this young cat had no clue who he was, or perhaps she wasn't scared. That fact didn't matter to him, he didn't care if cats were scared of him, what mattered was her head. She had a strong head on herself, it seemed she didn't let things get to her easily and that was a good trait in a fighter. It didn't necessarily mean she lacked emotion such as he, but it did mean she didn't wear her emotions on her sleeve so to speak. Another good trait, one needed if you were to survive in the Syndicate.

"Greetings Maple. I am pleased to see you were able to make it here on time. Perfectly on time."
The training grounds seemed to get brighter for a moment as the sun was able to breach the clouds, revealing the pine needle coated ground and a clearer image of Hannibal and his trainee. Slowly the tom would rise to his paws as the sun faded back behind the clouds, his gaze looking down on Maple.
"We will be sparring today. Being a fighter, you need to know how to battle, and you need to know how to do it well. To teach you, I must first see where you start on the spectrum. Now I hold no tricks up my sleeves, I will fight just like any Syndicate member, but know that I will not hold back in hurting, or even killing you. The spar will stop when I've seen enough and have gotten the information I need."
His tail would sweep slowly first one way, then the next, his fiery gaze never leaving her.
"I will give you the first move. Offense is particularly important. If you are able to strike your enemy first, it could very well end a battle before it's even begun. What you do with the first move will be key and helping me see where you are in your skills." Hannibal stood as if he were simply watching and not defending, whether it was a trick or not is unknown, his emotions showed nothing nor did his gaze.
"Let's begin."
This would not be easy, Maple knew that for certain. Hannibal was most likely a skilled fighter, if he was giving her the first move. Although this would most definitely be hard, as he would have an easier time getting ready for whatever blow she made. He was prepared. She, not as much. Although Maple tried her best not to let her uncertainty get in the way of their sparring, and she ignored his nearly threatening words. Maple knew of her skills, and she knew he wouldn't beat her that easily. She most definitely did not have to worry about him ending her life, although she took care to note that. It was never good to be too arrogant, and keeping an open mind was key. If you go into battle thinking that there would be no way that you'd loose, you could be caught by surprise or off guard. And any sort of hesitation could cost you your life.

Maple's eyes narrowed, and her claws unsheathed. Their sparring would most clearly be different than that of the clans, but that wasn't a bad thing in her eyes. Tail moving back and forth behind her, Maple charged towards her opponent, watching closely as to how he'd react to her first attack. Maple lunged forwards with her claws outstretched and aimed a blow towards his face. She knew that any amount of blood by ones' eyes' could either momentarily stun them, or temporarily blind them, giving her the advantage.
Unless of course they dodged or she missed or they simply didn't care. But she shook away any doubts because doubting yourself could be just as bad as being arrogant. You surprise yourself, and that gives your opponent an advantage; which was something you clearly don't want to do. Finding higher ground was helpful too, as being higher than the other gives you the advantage. Maple had plenty of scenarios planned out once more, but of course they'd be tricky to go through with, with someone as unpredictable as Hannibal.

Maple had surprising speed as an advantage, though she knew that Hannibal would have his larger size to his advantage. Though he wasn't exactly a very large cat, Maple was only 10 moons. He also had experience and years of training, and Maple began to second guess her actions.
Maple, stop.
Don't second guess.
You're not the best.
Maple, watch carefully!
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da