by marshy
Last post by marshy
Today 08:28 PM
WindClan Patrols
by Ian
Last post by Madelaine
Today 08:28 PM

Old March 13th, 2023, 09:02 PM

Status: Maybe my existence is just one big unskippable liberty mutual ad.
My Mood: Chatty
Default Re: ShadowClan Kits' Playden

@Flaming Ice
Moonkit let out an exasperated sigh and made a dive for the exit, blocking Scorchedkit as best she could. "Well I didn't ask for your 'useful' advice! Things that apply to you might not necessarily apply to me! And maybe the only reason you noticed me watching the other kits fraternize is because you were focusing on me!" she said. Ugh... This Scorchedkit was like a thorn in her fur. Not that she had ever had a thorn lodged in her fur. There was probably something to his dumb advice... but his delivery! Moonkit was incredulous. It didn't matter how sensible the things the small tom said were! It just made her want to do the exact opposite. He must just be that type of cat I suppose.
Old March 14th, 2023, 08:04 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Dead

Scorchedkit
He/Him, prickly furred brown and red mackerel tabby Tom with large ears and amber eyes

*.*.*

Scorchedkit stumbled backward as Moonkit dived for the
playden entrance, annoyance still throbbing in his chest.
Moonkit just didn’t understand the point he was trying to
get through- she didn’t seem to even be considering taking
his advice. “Well, technically you aren’t wrong when you
say I was watching you- but remember,
Moonkit, that isn’t what I was trying to tell you!
” He told
her, clearly not making a single attempt to hide his annoyance
from his tone. Moonkit really didn’t understand. Then he would
have to explain even more. “Clearly, the point I have trying
to make was that you watching others in the way that you
were was creepy… not that you shouldn’t watch people. Moonkit,
do I look like a hypocrite?
” Scorchedkit thought about his
own question. Well, to her- yes, obviously. But what have a
done to be considered one?
He forced the now slightly risen
fur on his neck to flatten. “I was never blaming you for
watching cats. I was accusing you of watching them in a way
that would clearly affect you in a negative way. I was
helping you,

Scorchedkit backed away from the entrance, allowing the
black and white she-Kit to exit if she wanted to. And just for
the fun of it, he added his early mistake. “Moo-kit.
He couldn’t help but think- Moonkit did in fact have some
white on her black for, Moo-Kit seemed like an appropriate
name. He’d heard of the cows near Windclan, especially them
being the first part of Windclan’s current medicine cat, Cow…
something’s name. Cowtuft, that was it. Anyway, he felt like it
was an appropriate nickname for Moonkit. So as he let Moo-Kit
make her way out of the den if she wanted to, he grumbled,
Don’t have to get so… angry over simple things,
Moo-Kit.
” He nodded to the entrance.

*.*.*

~ @mooncake ~

Feel free to stop by, request a roleplay, or just chat! I’m all open!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Old March 14th, 2023, 09:09 PM

Status: Maybe my existence is just one big unskippable liberty mutual ad.
My Mood: Chatty

@Flaming Ice
Moonkit let out a sigh. Mookit? Really? I mean, I'm actually not opposed to that nickname... Moonkit shook her head fueiously. Right. A comeback. "Sure. See you around, Burntkit," she said with a smirk. Burnt and Scorched were close enough right? Yeah. Probably. She walked nonchalantly to the exit. Burntkit might not have been the best comeback, but it was something. Good enough.
Old March 18th, 2023, 06:24 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

A bemused smile spread on the former queen's maw as questions came pouring from the kittens after all. Though, there seemed a mild bit of hostility between them that Nightshiver couldn't quite understand. She decided to watch them more closely, to ensure nothing happened between them, but mentioned nothing as it seemed to remain too mild irritation with one another than actual aggression (luckily). Turning to Moonkit first, Nightshiver smiled gently.

"Lionstar was leader of RiverClan, before Sootstar, Skystar and Pikestar."
Having been.. In captivity at the time, the queen never learned of Kestrelstar.
"It's hard to say what was between them; Lionstar and Icestar never got along, though we were in a lengthy feud with RiverClan at the time. Like many feuds, I believe it started with minor issues around the border - such as apprentices trespassing and skirmishes, which may have gone unacknowledged by one or the other. Later down the line, besides the several raids RiverClan launched on us (and we retaliated), there have been attempts at expanding into the other's territory, which never went over well. BUT besides all that, I believe they just... Couldn't stand each other either."
She gave Moonkit a sad smile, purposefully remaining vague on some details due to how young one of the two was. Speaking of which, she looked back to Spiritkit, melancholy smile replaced by a pleased one.
"Iceheart. That was Icestar's warrior name."
She corrected gently, tilting her head at some of the kits' comments.
"They do have a pretty strong smell."
Wildpaw had said something very similar, she recalled, during their tour of the territory.
"Lionstar," the white lady once again corrected with a light smile, "Or Lionstorm, his warrior name. But yes, Icestar was a big battle lady, so was Lionstar."

"The feud between ShadowClan and RiverClan lasted almost four seasons. There were many skirmishes between that time, and many raids. RiverClan attacked ShadowClan at least twice, and ShadowClan retaliated by attacking their camp at least once.
...Lionstar had managed to take Icestar's first life during that first raid, though I'm certain Icestar returned the favour eventually.

Between all the issues with RiverClan, we raided ThunderClan once too. We'd been having issues with arrogant warriors, and some may have even been pushing the border. Icestar didn't take it well. It was around then that rumours started to arise, that our former leader was blinded by nothing but pride. ..But those were just rumours, of course."

She smiled. Perhaps those rumours held some truth, but that was highly subjective... She didn't want the clan's kits to have terrible opinions of their past leaders.

"As I said, the feud lasted almost four seasons. During this time, WindClan had grown increasingly irritated with ShadowClan, though we didn't have as much outer trouble with them. That is, until one night. Fed up, WindClan didn't just raid us - they attacked with the intention of driving us out. We were taken by surprise, and they succeeded. We were driven from our home that night. We were supposed to hide out at the waterbarn, a far away piece of our territory, but it mysteriously went up in flames. We were lucky to find Flintspirit, ThunderClan's former leader, who guided us to a wide clearing where we were able to stay until a new home was found.

what I haven't told you yet, is that sometime after Crowtail (and likely a few other deputies), Beastspark was named our new deputy. He served as ShadowClan's deputy for a long time, until one of the first meetings we spend in refuge. Beastspark was demoted, and Dawnstar - Dawnstripe at the time - was promoted to deputy instead."

She looked to Moonkit, now having reached the moment where she may attempt to answer the kit's previous question.
"While Beastspark was a capable deputy, I believe Icestar had high hopes for Dawnstar. Dawnstar had always been a capable and well-performing warrior, and Icestar must've valued trust. Some were shaken, as Dawnstar is Icestar's daughter, but she promoted for her skills and abilities, not for her relation to Icestar."
Or so the former queen preferred to believe; she knew very well that many at the time would disagree with that opinion.

"Dawnstar became our leader that same meeting. We don't know how or when, but when one of our former warriors pushed Icestar from a hightree, she lost what must have been her last life. Dawnstar had nothing to do with it. Many disagree, back then, but Dawnstar took over leadership like it was nothing. Soon enough, she led us to our new home, here."
Nightshiver gave a light smile as she gestured around her.
"Our feud with RiverClan died down, too. As Dawnstar had set her sight on WindClan instead, and chose to ignore RiverClan furthermore.

Any questions?"

[ @carmen @Wingnettle - just pretend the stutter please ]

Last edited by Estelle; March 18th, 2023 at 06:25 AM.
Old March 18th, 2023, 05:13 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 5 days
My Mood: Asleep

Mushroomkit waddled in, looked around, and promptly left again.
[closed] - 2

she/her
rasberryswirl (shc), kestrelkit (thc), autumn, beastflame (rc)
character bios
Old March 23rd, 2023, 09:59 AM
s

My Mood: Cheeky

poppykit was BRIMMING with energy!! he felt like bouncing off the walls!! everyday was getting warmer and warmer; his apprenticeship felt like it was just on the horizon! (it wasn't)

he strutted into the play area for the first time; he had the skills to get around pretty good now so nothing was really off limits on a physical level.

poppykit wanted to play a game; but what? clans!

"who wants to play clans with me?!" he squeaked out eagerly, a smile plastered across his face. "I'll be the med cat!"

(open to any shc kits who want to play!)

please bump me constantly | Dealing with ADHD & Dyslexia.

larkfires best friend
xaviers' ideas bank
Old March 24th, 2023, 11:37 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Wrenkit
She/Her

In the far corner of the kits playden, the black and white kitten sat, gnawing on her own tail. How come it didn't taste like the yummy food her mother gave her? Where was her mother, anyway? The thought of a strangely absent Violetfang had Wrenkit's ears drooping with sadness. She missed her mama, but at least she had Moonkit to play with!

Perking up just as quickly as she had been downed, the tiny kitten let her green hues eagerly scour the kits playden in search of her nowhere-to-be-found sister. "M-mooooonkit!" She yapped, praying that maybe perhaps her sister would appear out of nowhere. However, it was someone else who caught her attention, and after having tripped over her own tail and paws numerous times, Wrenkit managed to scramble over. "Play?" She asked, mouth forming an o of surprise. Other kits liked to play, too? Moonkit didn't really like playing, so Wrenkit hadn't known. "Wrenny play with you!" She squawked, pointing first at herself, and then at Poppykit.

[ @teddy. - Poppykit | If you haven't picked anyone for the plot, Wren would most likely misgender rightgender Poppy on accident and not even realize she's said anything ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old March 24th, 2023, 03:45 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

Little Rue just so happened to be passing by when her heard her little brother's voice. Her ears immediately perked up, her eyes widened. A smile stretched over her face as she bounded in the direction of Poppykit's voice.

"Pop! Pop! Can I play, can I?" The eldest of Dappledleaf's newest litter bounded up to her brother, giving him a quick affectionate head butt. She turned to Wrenkit, and gave her a squeak hello.

[ @teddy. @Rose ]

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "

Last edited by sol.; March 24th, 2023 at 03:45 PM.
Old March 30th, 2023, 10:12 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Clan Relations
Eaglekit @gs29513
Back at it once again, Dawnstar plopped herself down in the den to begin another lesson with Clan Relations. She only had one kit this time, so maybe this would go fast. "Eaglekit, get over here for your lesson otherwise I'm returning to my den."

Warrior Code
Nectarkit @Willowfern Smokepaw @Spotty Mushroomkit @ophelia
Dawnstar had a whole batch of students for the warrior code, one including an apprentice. She did not mind that apprentices were taking lessons for kits, but at the same time, she did feel like this stuff should be already learned or taught by a mentor. She might have to add that to the apprentice curriculum. "Smokepaw, Mushroomkit, and Nectarkit, come gather for your warrior code lesson."

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old March 31st, 2023, 11:50 AM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 5 days
My Mood: Asleep

[ @Undertaker ]
MUSHROOMKIT
*:・゚✧*:・゚
Ooh a lesson! Mushroomkit skipped over, excitement clear on her face and in her pale green eyes. The little tabby kitten approached Dawnstar, sitting down and placing her tail over paws neatly. She was ready. Plus, the scary leader lady was teaching, which meant she had to be better than all these other students. Even though it was just a lesson, the competitive streak within her was running high.

she/her
rasberryswirl (shc), kestrelkit (thc), autumn, beastflame (rc)
character bios