Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How does WCO see you?
Last post by hermeswind
Today 12:13 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:12 PM
two slow dancers ||...
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 11:59 AM
Lunarkit Everything Finder...
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:58 AM

Old March 28th, 2019, 09:20 PM
FORMERLY: dizzy

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang watched as the shecat inspected the warrior apprentice's paw as he gave his answer. Right away, she chose a good course of treatment. "Yes. Marigold should stave off infection nicely. And we should have a couple of leaves left. Careful not to waste any. Marigold doesn't bloom till green leaf. Horsetail will be easier to come by soon with the newleaf rain since it likes wet, marshy earth. You might have also used dock on his pad if he was complaining more pain." The old tom looked at Timberpaw and smiled a ragged grimace of a smile, "but he's a tough one, so you can go without if he's ok with that. How about you clean the wound while I get you that herb?" Without waiting for a response, the old tom turned turn to his herb stores and let his apprentice get to work with cleaning the wound.
@pomegranate
--

Timberpaw felt himself lighten up as the old tom said he was tough. 'I knew I was strong!' He thought to himself, closing his eyes as his brows furrowed, a smile appearing.
His ears perked up, snapping out of his thoughts. Did he need the dock? No, he didn't think so, as the cut only stung just a bit.

He looked at Ringpaw, nodding. "You can go without it." He smiled, glancing around the den.
Truth be told, Timber wandered what it would be like to bbe a medicine cat. 'Probably fun, but also pretty serious!'He thought, knowing he wouldn't fit the job at all.
The apprentice was too hyper and acted like a kit most of the time, so Medicine cat would not fit for him.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old March 29th, 2019, 09:44 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post

@pomegranate
--

Timberpaw felt himself lighten up as the old tom said he was tough. 'I knew I was strong!' He thought to himself, closing his eyes as his brows furrowed, a smile appearing.
His ears perked up, snapping out of his thoughts. Did he need the dock? No, he didn't think so, as the cut only stung just a bit.

He looked at Ringpaw, nodding. "You can go without it." He smiled, glancing around the den.
Truth be told, Timber wandered what it would be like to bbe a medicine cat. 'Probably fun, but also pretty serious!'He thought, knowing he wouldn't fit the job at all.
The apprentice was too hyper and acted like a kit most of the time, so Medicine cat would not fit for him.
@Charmer

Ringpaw nodded as he turned away, and the small calico turned back to Timberpaw. Inspecting it once more, she blinked softly. “This might hurt a bit. Once I pull it out, let me check it for any other splinters and then we’ll get you some marigold to put on there.” She meowed cheerfully, propping up his paw with her own.
Bringing her muzzle down, she gave the thorn a quick, swift lick. It might hurt a bit, but she did it to make sure that there wasn’t any grit in the way. Bringing her teeth down, she lodged her front fangs into the base of the thorn, and began to pull it out of the pad. She felt a rush of the blood, and with a ting of satisfaction, she picked up the splinter in her mouth and spat it out to the side. Turning back to the pad, she licked it clean, making sure that nothing was left. “Do you feel anything poking you still?” She asked Timberpaw, meeting his eyes. “That could mean there still is a little bit in there.”
Turning around, she scanned the den for Shinefang. “Do you have the marigold yet?” She called back.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old March 29th, 2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomegranate View Post

[CENTER @Charmer

Ringpaw nodded as he turned away, and the small calico turned back to Timberpaw. Inspecting it once more, she blinked softly. “This might hurt a bit. Once I pull it out, let me check it for any other splinters and then we’ll get you some marigold to put on there.” She meowed cheerfully, propping up his paw with her own.
Bringing her muzzle down, she gave the thorn a quick, swift lick. It might hurt a bit, but she did it to make sure that there wasn’t any grit in the way. Bringing her teeth down, she lodged her front fangs into the base of the thorn, and began to pull it out of the pad. She felt a rush of the blood, and with a ting of satisfaction, she picked up the splinter in her mouth and spat it out to the side. Turning back to the pad, she licked it clean, making sure that nothing was left. “Do you feel anything poking you still?” She asked Timberpaw, meeting his eyes. “That could mean there still is a little bit in there.”
Turning around, she scanned the den for Shinefang. “Do you have the marigold yet?” She called back.[/CENTER]
@Charmer
--

Timberpaw felt himself automatically cringe, feeling the calico swiftly pull the splinter out.
Caught in a daze, he snapped out of it, shaking his head. "Nope! Don't feel anything!" He smiled softly.

His brown eyes travelled back over to Shinefang, looking back at Ringpaw. "Whats it like being a medicine cat apprentice?" He asked curiously.

The somali mix tilted his head. "I bet its fun! Right?" He said, his tail flicking.

Old March 31st, 2019, 04:12 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:

@Charmer

Turning around, she scanned the den for Shinefang. “Do you have the marigold yet?” She called back.
Quote:

@Charmer
--

Timberpaw felt himself automatically cringe, feeling the calico swiftly pull the splinter out.
Caught in a daze, he snapped out of it, shaking his head. "Nope! Don't feel anything!" He smiled softly.

His brown eyes travelled back over to Shinefang, looking back at Ringpaw. "Whats it like being a medicine cat apprentice?" He asked curiously.

The somali mix tilted his head. "I bet its fun! Right?" He said, his tail flicking.
Shinefang sifted through the available marigold, wrinkling his nose at the subpar selection. Many of the flowers were so dry they crumbled under even the lightest touch of his paw. He'd need to throw a lot of this out in the next couple of days. He picked up two orange blooms that still had some life to them just as he heard Ringpaw calling out. "Yeah yeah, keep your fur on," he griped between loosely clamped teeth. He set the herbs in front of his apprentice and turned back to Timberpaw. "You'll want to keep these herbs on your paw for the rest of the day at least, then tonight you can rinse it off in the stream. Do not lick it off. And you should stay off that paw as much as you can for a day. After that, you can return to training. Come back if it starts to smell bad or hurt more." Then to his apprentice, "You got this?"

Old April 1st, 2019, 04:44 PM
boo

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Shinefang sifted through the available marigold, wrinkling his nose at the subpar selection. Many of the flowers were so dry they crumbled under even the lightest touch of his paw. He'd need to throw a lot of this out in the next couple of days. He picked up two orange blooms that still had some life to them just as he heard Ringpaw calling out. "Yeah yeah, keep your fur on," he griped between loosely clamped teeth. He set the herbs in front of his apprentice and turned back to Timberpaw. "You'll want to keep these herbs on your paw for the rest of the day at least, then tonight you can rinse it off in the stream. Do not lick it off. And you should stay off that paw as much as you can for a day. After that, you can return to training. Come back if it starts to smell bad or hurt more." Then to his apprentice, "You got this?"
Quote:

@Charmer
--

At Shinefang’s remark at bringing her the herbs, she playfully rolled her eyes back, sticking out her tongue with a small smile. “Yeah, yeah.” She purred, taking the marigold he had brought her. It smelt stale, but Ringpaw wasn’t going to complain as she knew very well that there was barely anything fresh anyways. Taking the herb, she began to chew it up in her mouth, making sure to not swallow any of the juices, before spitting it out on Timberpaw’s pad, making sure to press it down into the cut.
“Well, it is fun.” She meowed in response. “I like it a lot, much better than being a warrior apprentice.” Her eyes widened. “Not that anything is wrong with that, of course! I just like the medicine den a lot better. Besides, it’s FUN getting to BOTHER SHINEFANG all day!” She meowed loudly, turning her head back towards her mentor with a smirk. She loved trying to get a smile out of him. “Besides, the herbs are just so interesting. I know a lot but there’s still so many! I really only remember the main ones like marigold, poppyseed, borage, coltsfoot, burdock root, and others like that. But there are so many different ones that are used for small ailments, too many.” She purred.
Setting his paw down, she twitched her whiskers. “What Shinefang said. Stay off the paw, and you should be fine!” She purred.

~pom~

i don’t really think i’ll be active that much anymore - check out my free art requests!

Old April 1st, 2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:

At Shinefang’s remark at bringing her the herbs, she playfully rolled her eyes back, sticking out her tongue with a small smile. “Yeah, yeah.” She purred, taking the marigold he had brought her. It smelt stale, but Ringpaw wasn’t going to complain as she knew very well that there was barely anything fresh anyways. Taking the herb, she began to chew it up in her mouth, making sure to not swallow any of the juices, before spitting it out on Timberpaw’s pad, making sure to press it down into the cut.
“Well, it is fun.” She meowed in response. “I like it a lot, much better than being a warrior apprentice.” Her eyes widened. “Not that anything is wrong with that, of course! I just like the medicine den a lot better. Besides, it’s FUN getting to BOTHER SHINEFANG all day!” She meowed loudly, turning her head back towards her mentor with a smirk. She loved trying to get a smile out of him. “Besides, the herbs are just so interesting. I know a lot but there’s still so many! I really only remember the main ones like marigold, poppyseed, borage, coltsfoot, burdock root, and others like that. But there are so many different ones that are used for small ailments, too many.” She purred.
Setting his paw down, she twitched her whiskers. “What Shinefang said. Stay off the paw, and you should be fine!” She purred.
@Charmer
Timberpaw let out a joyful purr, looking down at the marigold on his paw. He nodded, his tail tapping the ground lightly as he stood up.
He dipped his head lightly with a smile, remembering not to lick it. But he wandered what would happen if he did, would Hhhut make him sick? Shaking his head, he got rid of the thought deciding it'd be best he just listen. "Thanks, Shinefang, Ringpaw!" He chirped, turning around. The brown somali padded out of the medicine cats den, clearly trying his best to keep off the paw.

Old April 7th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Quote:

@Charmer
Timberpaw let out a joyful purr, looking down at the marigold on his paw. He nodded, his tail tapping the ground lightly as he stood up.
He dipped his head lightly with a smile, remembering not to lick it. But he wandered what would happen if he did, would Hhhut make him sick? Shaking his head, he got rid of the thought deciding it'd be best he just listen. "Thanks, Shinefang, Ringpaw!" He chirped, turning around. The brown somali padded out of the medicine cats den, clearly trying his best to keep off the paw.
At Ringpaw's chiding remark about bothering him, the old tom let out his best, surly groan. "Starclan, save me from this apprentice of mine." With the herbs applied and Timberpaw patched up, the warrior apprentice thanked them both and he grunted a "Welcome."

Old April 29th, 2019, 03:28 PM

@Charmer
_____

The Windclan tom had made his way into skyclans territory, luckily not getting noticed. Though, would it have really been bad if he did get noticed? He was only here to learn some things from Shinefang, Skyclans medicine cat. Beepaw shifted his way into the den, lifting one paw higher than the other as he did so. He took a few split seconds to look around the place, noting how it looked different from the one in Windclan. Well, of course it would, but, Beepaw thought they would look at least a bit similar. The young tom, after looking for a second, saw a figure shuffling around in the back of the den. He assumed that had to be Shinefang messing around with multiple herbs, whether it be throwing old ones out or organizing them. "Shinefang?" He called out in a blunt tone, taking a few steps forward. "I'm Beepaw, Windclans new medicine cat. I was hoping that you could teach me some herbs and what they do." He meowed, hoping he didn't sound too desperate to learn about it. He was, he did want to learn so he wouldn't accidentally hurt his clanmates. But, on the other hand he didn't want the skyclanner thinking he was some goody four paws. He just wanted to heal people, not act all sweet.

Last edited by furrensic; April 29th, 2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old May 7th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
@Charmer
_____

The Windclan tom had made his way into skyclans territory, luckily not getting noticed. Though, would it have really been bad if he did get noticed? He was only here to learn some things from Shinefang, Skyclans medicine cat. Beepaw shifted his way into the den, lifting one paw higher than the other as he did so. He took a few split seconds to look around the place, noting how it looked different from the one in Windclan. Well, of course it would, but, Beepaw thought they would look at least a bit similar. The young tom, after looking for a second, saw a figure shuffling around in the back of the den. He assumed that had to be Shinefang messing around with multiple herbs, whether it be throwing old ones out or organizing them. "Shinefang?" He called out in a blunt tone, taking a few steps forward. "I'm Beepaw, Windclans new medicine cat. I was hoping that you could teach me some herbs and what they do." He meowed, hoping he didn't sound too desperate to learn about it. He was, he did want to learn so he wouldn't accidentally hurt his clanmates. But, on the other hand he didn't want the skyclanner thinking he was some goody four paws. He just wanted to heal people, not act all sweet.
Shinefang heard a noise in the back of the den and ignored it for a second as he finished settling the comfrey root in his nest in the back of the den. It was doing woefully little to help his joints these days. They seemed to only be getting worse in spite of the warmer weather. He smelled the younger cat before he bothered to turn around, a heather stink that he'd smelled before. When the old tom did turn around, he expected to see the long-furred black tom he'd first gotten to know as the medicine cat of Windclan. Shinefang turned and came closer, stepping into the light from the entrance to his den, so that the younger cat would see his dull, matted, yellow fur, torn ears, scared muzzle, and missing eye. The one remaining, a sharp orange, looked down at the younger cat. "Beepaw, eh?" the old medicine cat replied, "I can help you with that. What do you know so far?"

Old May 8th, 2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Shinefang heard a noise in the back of the den and ignored it for a second as he finished settling the comfrey root in his nest in the back of the den. It was doing woefully little to help his joints these days. They seemed to only be getting worse in spite of the warmer weather. He smelled the younger cat before he bothered to turn around, a heather stink that he'd smelled before. When the old tom did turn around, he expected to see the long-furred black tom he'd first gotten to know as the medicine cat of Windclan. Shinefang turned and came closer, stepping into the light from the entrance to his den, so that the younger cat would see his dull, matted, yellow fur, torn ears, scared muzzle, and missing eye. The one remaining, a sharp orange, looked down at the younger cat. "Beepaw, eh?" the old medicine cat replied, "I can help you with that. What do you know so far?"

Beepaws gaze fell on the yellow tom, looking up slightly at the larger. His ears perked at the question, humming quietly. The only herbs he barely knew what they did, well actually it was one. Marigold. The familiar jerb popped up in his mind, pride in his voice as he spoke his next words. "Marigold helps with infections.." he trailed off, narrowing his eyes slightly as he remembered the time Owlpaw came with cracked pads. "And cracked pads?" he added on with a bit of doubt in his tone, hoping that was somewhat correct, as he'd just stuck with the herb he used most times.