Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How does WCO see you?
Last post by hermeswind
Today 12:14 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 12:13 PM
RiverClan Leader's Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:12 PM
two slow dancers ||...
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 11:59 AM
Lunarkit Everything Finder...
Last post by Starphobia
Today 11:58 AM

Old May 16th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemew View Post

Beepaws gaze fell on the yellow tom, looking up slightly at the larger. His ears perked at the question, humming quietly. The only herbs he barely knew what they did, well actually it was one. Marigold. The familiar jerb popped up in his mind, pride in his voice as he spoke his next words. "Marigold helps with infections.." he trailed off, narrowing his eyes slightly as he remembered the time Owlpaw came with cracked pads. "And cracked pads?" he added on with a bit of doubt in his tone, hoping that was somewhat correct, as he'd just stuck with the herb he used most times.
Shinefang stared down at the little, blonde tom with bright green eyes that swam with thought. Patiently, he heard the young apprentices answer and let his long, bush tailtip thump lazily on the den floor. "Infections yes. Pads...maybe if the pads look like they'll get infected. If you're just trying to sooth pain, you're better off using dock." The old tom scrunched up his face and grunted as he stood up again, his hips aching with the strain. He made his way over to the shelf where he stored his herbs and pointed with his tail at a cluster of long leaves. "This is dock. It looks a lot like a beech leaf..." he said, realizing this information was probably lost on a Windclan cat who made their home on the open plains. "Here, just come smell it. It's easier to recognize by smell because of that...tangy scent it gives off."

Old May 17th, 2019, 03:50 PM
FORMERLY: dizzy

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang stared down at the little, blonde tom with bright green eyes that swam with thought. Patiently, he heard the young apprentices answer and let his long, bush tailtip thump lazily on the den floor. "Infections yes. Pads...maybe if the pads look like they'll get infected. If you're just trying to sooth pain, you're better off using dock." The old tom scrunched up his face and grunted as he stood up again, his hips aching with the strain. He made his way over to the shelf where he stored his herbs and pointed with his tail at a cluster of long leaves. "This is dock. It looks a lot like a beech leaf..." he said, realizing this information was probably lost on a Windclan cat who made their home on the open plains. "Here, just come smell it. It's easier to recognize by smell because of that...tangy scent it gives off."
Brows furrowed as he gave a small 'oh' with a nod, should've expected marigold wouldn't work with everything. His small ears perked, watching Shinefang go over to the shelf filled with herbs. He followed after a second or two, looking at the long leaves, giving a small hum. Dock, looks like beech leaves, ok! That should be easy to remember . He padded closer , sniffing the herb, taking in the tangy scent.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old May 19th, 2019, 10:18 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Brows furrowed as he gave a small 'oh' with a nod, should've expected marigold wouldn't work with everything. His small ears perked, watching Shinefang go over to the shelf filled with herbs. He followed after a second or two, looking at the long leaves, giving a small hum. Dock, looks like beech leaves, ok! That should be easy to remember . He padded closer , sniffing the herb, taking in the tangy scent.
"Smell what I mean?" Shinefang asked as the younger cat followed suit. "But if infections are your main concern. There are plenty of options. Look here." The old tome pointed his paw at a long, brown root on one the the shelves that touched the den floor. "This is burdock. One of my personal favorites." Shinefang gently pawed at one of the long roots until it dislodged from the stack and came rolling out, stopping at the younger cat's paws. "When you chew it into a pulp, it's strong enough to keep even rat bites from getting infected. The only downside if that it's spicy for the cat chewing it and it burns when applied to wounds. Still, if it's between a little burning and dying from an infected rat bite..." The old tom shrugged his bony, scrawny shoulders.

Old May 20th, 2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
"Smell what I mean?" Shinefang asked as the younger cat followed suit. "But if infections are your main concern. There are plenty of options. Look here." The old tome pointed his paw at a long, brown root on one the the shelves that touched the den floor. "This is burdock. One of my personal favorites." Shinefang gently pawed at one of the long roots until it dislodged from the stack and came rolling out, stopping at the younger cat's paws. "When you chew it into a pulp, it's strong enough to keep even rat bites from getting infected. The only downside if that it's spicy for the cat chewing it and it burns when applied to wounds. Still, if it's between a little burning and dying from an infected rat bite..." The old tom shrugged his bony, scrawny shoulders.
Beepaw gave a nod, scrunching his muzzle up slightly at the tangy smell. "Yeah, i see what you mean ' he nodded, turning his head towards the long brown root. Which, rolled to his paws, ears perking as he listened to the older tom. Strong enough to keep rat bites from getting infected! he thought with some surprise.

Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:19 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Beepaw gave a nod, scrunching his muzzle up slightly at the tangy smell. "Yeah, i see what you mean ' he nodded, turning his head towards the long brown root. Which, rolled to his paws, ears perking as he listened to the older tom. Strong enough to keep rat bites from getting infected! he thought with some surprise.
Shinefang watched as the younger cat inspected the root in silence. One of his shredded ears gave a twitch as he wondered if this was the sort of information the apprentice wanted. Still, enjoying hearing himself talk he went on. “Maybe your after something a with a more broad use though.” He plucked a sweet-smelling frond from a cleft in the rock to his right. “Chervil. It helps worlds that are in the early stage of infection. Plus when eaten it can sooth a bellyache or even help ease the discomfort of a kitting queen.”

Old May 22nd, 2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Shinefang watched as the younger cat inspected the root in silence. One of his shredded ears gave a twitch as he wondered if this was the sort of information the apprentice wanted. Still, enjoying hearing himself talk he went on. “Maybe your after something a with a more broad use though.” He plucked a sweet-smelling frond from a cleft in the rock to his right. “Chervil. It helps worlds that are in the early stage of infection. Plus when eaten it can sooth a bellyache or even help ease the discomfort of a kitting queen.”

Dock helps with infections, so does burdock, but it burns a bit. Annd..chervil helps early stages of infection, bellyaches and discomfort! Beepaw recited in his head, giving a quick nod to himself. The blonde tom inspected the frond, taking in the sweet smell of it. "Will I have to help a queen kit one day?" he hesitantly asked, giving a twitch of his bobbed tail.

Old May 26th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

Dock helps with infections, so does burdock, but it burns a bit. Annd..chervil helps early stages of infection, bellyaches and discomfort! Beepaw recited in his head, giving a quick nod to himself. The blonde tom inspected the frond, taking in the sweet smell of it. "Will I have to help a queen kit one day?" he hesitantly asked, giving a twitch of his bobbed tail.
Shinefang gave a small, dry chuckle before looking right at the younger tom and realizing after a moment that Beepaw was serious. "Yes? What did you think Blazingstar was going to do it for you? Frankly if you aren't helping queens with kitting, you may find you don't have a clan for much longer." The gnarled tom paused, trying to choose his words a little more carefully than usual given how young the cat he was speaking to was. "You uh... ever visited queens in the nursery at all? Know anything at all about kitting?"

Old May 27th, 2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Shinefang gave a small, dry chuckle before looking right at the younger tom and realizing after a moment that Beepaw was serious. "Yes? What did you think Blazingstar was going to do it for you? Frankly if you aren't helping queens with kitting, you may find you don't have a clan for much longer." The gnarled tom paused, trying to choose his words a little more carefully than usual given how young the cat he was speaking to was. "You uh... ever visited queens in the nursery at all? Know anything at all about kitting?"

"Well, no..." Beepaw mumbled with a shake of his head, ears perking at the older next words. "Yes! Kinda." He nodded, some pride flickering in his eyes. His mother stayed in the nursery all the time, though she wasn't a queen, to say the least. She just stayed in the nursery like one! Though he barely knew anything about kitting.

Old June 6th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Sigh...

Quote:

"Well, no..." Beepaw mumbled with a shake of his head, ears perking at the older next words. "Yes! Kinda." He nodded, some pride flickering in his eyes. His mother stayed in the nursery all the time, though she wasn't a queen, to say the least. She just stayed in the nursery like one! Though he barely knew anything about kitting.
Shinefang felt himself relax just a bit more with the small comfort that the apprentice had at least talked to queens. "You might make time to talk to them more when you have a chance. No cat is going to be able to tell you have to help a queen quite like a queen. But I will tell you this much: when you have a queen kitting, borage with be a big help in making sure the kits are off to a good start. It helps a queen's milk come in." The old tom cocked his head to better eye the shelf and used his tail to point to one of the more central ones. "There see? The one with the blue flowers is borage. The stems are fuzzy and kind of sticky when you touch them."

Old June 7th, 2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Shinefang felt himself relax just a bit more with the small comfort that the apprentice had at least talked to queens. "You might make time to talk to them more when you have a chance. No cat is going to be able to tell you have to help a queen quite like a queen. But I will tell you this much: when you have a queen kitting, borage with be a big help in making sure the kits are off to a good start. It helps a queen's milk come in." The old tom cocked his head to better eye the shelf and used his tail to point to one of the more central ones. "There see? The one with the blue flowers is borage. The stems are fuzzy and kind of sticky when you touch them."

Beepaw nodded, flicking his ear. He turned his head towards the shelf, looking at the blue flowers and fuzzy stem. He gave another nod. He made a picture of the borage in his mind, humming lightly. Some pride filled his chest, he had this down! The blonde tom straightened up a bit. "Okay!" he replied with a grin, confidence clear in it.
"What's next?" he inquired.