Last post by Rani
Today 12:31 AM

Old August 14th, 2023, 03:31 PM
nothing's forever

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~'Atlas-The-Lemon'~ View Post

BerryFrost
"Why do you care. It's not like you wanted me around." She said and looked at him.

"But...since you are my big brother and, on top of that, my deputy I'll tell you." She said reluctantly.

"I was searching for someone. I had met them before and needed to talk to them. I never found them so after a moon or two I returned home." She said.
[OMG I LOVE THEM SO MUCH]
What, had he been so stand-offish that she'd thought he wanted nothing to do with her? Alderstep was thoroughly taken aback by the cruel statement. Maybe it was the half-truth, but he'd never had any wish for her to disappear. It was always just avoiding everyone. That'd probably been interpreted as some sort of personal vendetta against Berryfrost, however. Guilt made Alderstep look away.

He looked back just as quick, though. "Just 'cause I have a higher rank doesn't mean I have a right to know-" he interjected, cutting himself off when he realized what his sister had said. "You met somebody?" he asked, confused. Someone not in their clan, that's for sure. Try as he might to understand, to empathize, he just couldn't. Why had she needed to leave the clan? There was nothing and nobody else out there.
Old August 14th, 2023, 03:31 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo_! View Post

Sparrowfur - she/her - 16 moons

---

Sparrowfur giggled happily. It was a strange sense of pride she got from still being able to overpower Yarrowcrest so easily. Though, to be fair, she did sneak up on him and pursue him like he was some sort of rabbit. She waits for him to sit himself back up before plopping herself right up next to him, continuing to yap.

"That sounds like a great idea!! Maybe our apprentices can be friends!" she purred at the thought. "I've got a vague sort of idea what I'm supposed to be teaching, I was going to tour the territory first. Making sure to get all the borders of course."

There was an odd air between the two of them. Not exactly tension but.. something. Sparrowfur would be a liar to say otherwise. She kept finding her thoughts drift to their spot under the stars. Did he feel the same? Did he have the same desire to fall into her? She found herself staring a bit too intensely. She moved her eyes to a different part of the camp instead, hoping to pass it off as looking for the apprentices.

[ im getting that drawing practice one way or another! ]

yarrowcrest // he/him // 16 moons
purrks active: mind reader

---

"I'd like it if they were friends." He mentions quietly in response, nodding his head as he listens to her continue to speak.

It would be nice to have someone alongside him while he mentors shy Morningpaw... Sure, he had finished his training only a few moons ago but with war at their borders... It would be safer for them to work as a group, right? And besides, it would be good practice for them to be able to spar against one another when they were learning fighting techniques! When he looks over at her again and their eyes meet for a moment before she's looking away... What was she thinking about? There was obviously something on her mind but... Maybe right now wasn't the right time to prod.

"Did you want to tour the territory together? It would be safer that way."

( DO IT YOU WONT!!! IF YOURE DRAWING THE SILLIES I WANNA SEE )
[ #fire ]
143 words = 28 pts.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old August 14th, 2023, 03:39 PM
let it snow :-)

Bump Policy: anytime! im usually on late nights (EST)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwynds View Post

---

"I'd like it if they were friends." He mentions quietly in response, nodding his head as he listens to her continue to speak.

It would be nice to have someone alongside him while he mentors shy Morningpaw... Sure, he had finished his training only a few moons ago but with war at their borders... It would be safer for them to work as a group, right? And besides, it would be good practice for them to be able to spar against one another when they were learning fighting techniques! When he looks over at her again and their eyes meet for a moment before she's looking away... What was she thinking about? There was obviously something on her mind but... Maybe right now wasn't the right time to prod.

"Did you want to tour the territory together? It would be safer that way."

( DO IT YOU WONT!!! IF YOURE DRAWING THE SILLIES I WANNA SEE )
[ #fire ]
143 words = 28 pts.

---

She purrs. "I was going to take Sourpaw tomorrow, you're more than welcome to join us. I'm hoping Starclan favors us and we don't run into any Shadowclan cats.." she hesitates "To be completely honest, I don't know how I feel about this new policy towards them.. killing in the heat of battle is one thing, but in the light of day? Unprovoked?" her mouth twisted to the side and she sighed. "Doesn't seem very honorable."

She shook the thought from her head, instead bumping into Yarrowcrest's shoulder and walking ahead of him.

"But let's leave that for tomorrow, tonight is going to be peaceful." she looked up to the sky "No clouds yet." she smiled shyly

[ THEYRE IN MY SKETCHBOOK ALBUM!!! ]

hope left a banana peel here. careful, don't trip!

Last edited by roo!; August 14th, 2023 at 03:40 PM.
Old August 14th, 2023, 03:58 PM
silly little guy

Quote:

---

She purrs. "I was going to take Sourpaw tomorrow, you're more than welcome to join us. I'm hoping Starclan favors us and we don't run into any Shadowclan cats.." she hesitates "To be completely honest, I don't know how I feel about this new policy towards them.. killing in the heat of battle is one thing, but in the light of day? Unprovoked?" her mouth twisted to the side and she sighed. "Doesn't seem very honorable."

She shook the thought from her head, instead bumping into Yarrowcrest's shoulder and walking ahead of him.

"But let's leave that for tomorrow, tonight is going to be peaceful." she looked up to the sky "No clouds yet." she smiled shyly

[ THEYRE IN MY SKETCHBOOK ALBUM!!! ]

---

It was a relief knowing that she felt the same way about the announcement. Though he wouldn't voice his opinion so boldly in the clearing of camp for all to hear, even just knowing he wasn't alone in his uneasiness... It was a comforting feeling. Attacking another cat, especially on their territory, went against everything he was taught as a warrior. But the fear of being exiled for not following such an order... Were his morals more important to him or his place in Thunderclan? It was confusing-- he wishes he were like others with undying loyalty, not questioning the change for even a second. Delighting in killing Shadowclan cats. Sure, he wasn't fond of them by any means but deserving of death?

It wasn't right.

Part of him wanted to seek out Alderstep once more and confide in him-- ask him if he was in support of something like this. But there was a guess as to how he would respond to such a conversation and Yarrowcrest wasn't mentally strong enough to handle that right now. The expression on his face was grim, his paws coming to a halt as Sparrowfur continues on, gaze hard on the ground beneath his paws.

"We... We can't just keep leaving it for another time, Sparrowfur. The more we put it off, the more unprepared we'll be when it's upon us. I don't like thinking about it either but... It's too real now to look away from."

As he picks his head up to stare at her again, he wonders if she can pick out the fear in his gaze. The uneasiness in his muscles. The anxiety in the unsheathing and sheathing of his claws...

[ #fire ]
282 words = 56 pts.

character bios.
Old August 14th, 2023, 04:13 PM

Quote:

---

It was a relief knowing that she felt the same way about the announcement. Though he wouldn't voice his opinion so boldly in the clearing of camp for all to hear, even just knowing he wasn't alone in his uneasiness... It was a comforting feeling. Attacking another cat, especially on their territory, went against everything he was taught as a warrior. But the fear of being exiled for not following such an order... Were his morals more important to him or his place in Thunderclan? It was confusing-- he wishes he were like others with undying loyalty, not questioning the change for even a second. Delighting in killing Shadowclan cats. Sure, he wasn't fond of them by any means but deserving of death?

It wasn't right.

Part of him wanted to seek out Alderstep once more and confide in him-- ask him if he was in support of something like this. But there was a guess as to how he would respond to such a conversation and Yarrowcrest wasn't mentally strong enough to handle that right now. The expression on his face was grim, his paws coming to a halt as Sparrowfur continues on, gaze hard on the ground beneath his paws.

"We... We can't just keep leaving it for another time, Sparrowfur. The more we put it off, the more unprepared we'll be when it's upon us. I don't like thinking about it either but... It's too real now to look away from."

As he picks his head up to stare at her again, he wonders if she can pick out the fear in his gaze. The uneasiness in his muscles. The anxiety in the unsheathing and sheathing of his claws...

[ #fire ]
282 words = 56 pts.

---

Sparrowfur had never seen him so scared before. Her ears flattened as her stomach sank. She bounded back after him, pushing her muzzle against his cheek. She hoped to soothe his uneasiness, she truly had no idea how to do that but she hoped this would help.

"I.. I can't promise a safe future. Or that this war will end with little casualties." she paused uncomfortably, searching for the right words to say. "..I'm sorry, I wish I knew how this ends. But we're here now aren't we? Isn't that enough?" she looks at him desperately, her voice getting quieter and quieter. "Because.. because its enough for me." she whispered.

Her heart was practically leaping out of her chest. She wanted nothing more to run. Off. Away. The words wouldn't stop coming. Starclan, what was she saying? the impending feeling of danger disregarded as she felt herself move closer to Yarrowcrest.

Dont.

"You're enough for me Yarrowcrest."

Stop.

Her body inched closer every so slowly, the seconds felt like years, everything frozen.

STOP.

She gently licks the side of Yarrowcrests muzzle.

"You always were."

Now you've done it

[ THROWS MY LAPTOP ACROSS THE ROOM SCREAMINF CRYING ETC ETC ]

Old August 14th, 2023, 04:36 PM
silly little guy

Quote:

---

Sparrowfur had never seen him so scared before. Her ears flattened as her stomach sank. She bounded back after him, pushing her muzzle against his cheek. She hoped to soothe his uneasiness, she truly had no idea how to do that but she hoped this would help.

"I.. I can't promise a safe future. Or that this war will end with little casualties." she paused uncomfortably, searching for the right words to say. "..I'm sorry, I wish I knew how this ends. But we're here now aren't we? Isn't that enough?" she looks at him desperately, her voice getting quieter and quieter. "Because.. because its enough for me." she whispered.

Her heart was practically leaping out of her chest. She wanted nothing more to run. Off. Away. The words wouldn't stop coming. Starclan, what was she saying? the impending feeling of danger disregarded as she felt herself move closer to Yarrowcrest.

Dont.

"You're enough for me Yarrowcrest."

Stop.

Her body inched closer every so slowly, the seconds felt like years, everything frozen.

STOP.

She gently licks the side of Yarrowcrests muzzle.

"You always were."

Now you've done it

[ THROWS MY LAPTOP ACROSS THE ROOM SCREAMINF CRYING ETC ETC ]

---

What was happening?

Her words sound further and further away as they drip so much raw emotion it makes his head spin. She gets closer and closer until...

'You always were.'

Was this... Was this a confession? Was he understanding this right? The way that she so tenderly licked the side of his muzzle, it had to mean something. It had to mean what he thought it meant. As it sits and processes in his frazzled brain-- once riddled with thoughts of war and blood and death-- it gets so hard to breathe. It's like she had him pinned again, putting her weight on his chest to squeeze the air from his lungs. But no, she was standing before him with kindness in her gaze. No-- with love in her gaze. Had he just been oblivious all this time? For a cat so observant, so in tune with the thoughts and feelings of those around him, there was no way that he could have missed such an important detail.

But he did, because here they were. In the middle of camp for all eyes to see. No one else mattered in this moment, though. He couldn't tear his eyes away from her. Blue orbs widened in surprise, he stares at her, mouth agape like he still doesn't know what to make of all this. Suffocating, burning up... It was so much. Too much. But just as he had said before there was only so much running away one could do until things would catch up.

And she caught him.

"I..." He struggles to get the words out, still awestruck in this moment of the world around them coming to a grinding halt. Everything was so quiet, aside from the beating of his heart in his ears. Though his expression remains that of a kit leaving the nursery for the first time, the warmth in his eyes... He gazed at her with such warmth. "I'm so lucky. To be good enough for you... I'm so lucky."

( IM EATING MY GD HANDS RN RAAAHHHH )
[ #fire ]
339 words = 67 pts.

character bios.
Old August 14th, 2023, 04:54 PM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian View Post

Rainfall | Male | Asexual | Status: Tranquil

Finally catching his breath, he got on balance. He was surprised at the offer, his gaze softening. “Thank you.” he meowed, a small smile tugging at his lips. Rainfall sighed, feeling more calm than he had been before. He tilted his head. “I’m sorry, what is your name?”

@RedLeif

#Water
Dreampaw flicked his tail at a nice sunny patch in the camp that looked peaceful, and then started for it. "My name is Dreampaw!" he purred. "What is yours?" The light brown apprentice crouched down and placed the squirrel between them. He looked at the other cat, trying to focus his eyes so that his pelt didn't shine so, and he could make out the individual colours and patterns. He was quite tall, with sleek, feathery grey and white fur. Dreampaw bent his head and took the first bite from the prey. It was a good one today, almost as good as the mouse he had eaten in his other world.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old August 14th, 2023, 06:07 PM
"Your good old friend!"

Bump Policy: You can bump me anytime pal!
My Mood: Adorable

Fawn'kit

Fawnkit looked up at Snowbird and smiled,"I'm fine thank you!," she mewed. Shaking out her fur, Fawn'kit looked up ,"And no im good! Just bug hunting!," Fawn'kit sprang up to her paws and tried to demonstrate a demonstration of what she did earlier.

"I was trying to catch a colorfull beattle," she trotted over towards a short distance, picked up a small rock and placed it at a distance before running back to Snowbird.
"I then wanted to catch it so I got into a hunters crouch," Fawnkit stuck her behind in the air and got into a crouch that didn't really hide her body from any animals.
She then jumped and ran at the rock, placing a paw on it before looking at Snowbird.
"But for some reason it flew off and I didn't even get time to launch myself at it!"
She mewed angrily and sat next to Snowbird. She lowered her ears as she looked up at her. "Think Ill be able to hunt just like all the other warriors?"

@ares

#fire

Old August 14th, 2023, 08:32 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Rainfall | Male | Asexual | Status: Tranquil

The Thunderclan warrior stiffened next to the apprentice as she introduced herself. But he hadn’t gone still because of that, no, no, no, he’d stopped all movement when his name was asked. “Uh-I uh, my name?” he stammered, his social anxiety creeping up on him. What was his name again? he internally sighed. “It’s Rainfall.” he said reluctantly. He’d never really adored his name. As an apprentice, he’d always hoped for something like claw or gaze, or fang, but they named him Rainfall because of his breath failures. He could do stuff, too. He suddenly realized he sounded like himself like as he had acted as an apprentice. Crap, he thought, he shouldn’t be acting so childish! He leant down and took a bite in order to stop the awkwardness

@RedLeif
Old August 14th, 2023, 08:58 PM

Quote:

---

What was happening?

Her words sound further and further away as they drip so much raw emotion it makes his head spin. She gets closer and closer until...

'You always were.'

Was this... Was this a confession? Was he understanding this right? The way that she so tenderly licked the side of his muzzle, it had to mean something. It had to mean what he thought it meant. As it sits and processes in his frazzled brain-- once riddled with thoughts of war and blood and death-- it gets so hard to breathe. It's like she had him pinned again, putting her weight on his chest to squeeze the air from his lungs. But no, she was standing before him with kindness in her gaze. No-- with love in her gaze. Had he just been oblivious all this time? For a cat so observant, so in tune with the thoughts and feelings of those around him, there was no way that he could have missed such an important detail.

But he did, because here they were. In the middle of camp for all eyes to see. No one else mattered in this moment, though. He couldn't tear his eyes away from her. Blue orbs widened in surprise, he stares at her, mouth agape like he still doesn't know what to make of all this. Suffocating, burning up... It was so much. Too much. But just as he had said before there was only so much running away one could do until things would catch up.

And she caught him.

"I..." He struggles to get the words out, still awestruck in this moment of the world around them coming to a grinding halt. Everything was so quiet, aside from the beating of his heart in his ears. Though his expression remains that of a kit leaving the nursery for the first time, the warmth in his eyes... He gazed at her with such warmth. "I'm so lucky. To be good enough for you... I'm so lucky."

( IM EATING MY GD HANDS RN RAAAHHHH )
[ #fire ]
339 words = 67 pts.

---

Sparrowfur waits for an eternity. Thats all that she needs to spiral.

Starclan I knew this would happen, its mousebrained to think he would feel the same! And now I just have to sit here and sit through his response. I wanted so badly and my greed caught up to me! Thats what this is. Its Starclans punishment for my greed. I wanted him too much and too long and look where that got me, having to sit here feels like something a Dark Forest cat would put me through. Having to just stay right here and listen to him say-

"I'm so lucky.."

Sparrowfur opened her eyes she didn't even realize she had closed. Was.. was this happening? Really? Sparrowfur felt her mouth go dry, surely this can't be real. The timing of it all.. Mousebrain! Why say it now? Before a war.

"I.. I was afraid there was a chance where I wouldn't be able to tell you at all." she swallowed. "So I figured just in case.. uhm."

For the first time in Sparrowfur's life she was nervous. She had passed her final assessment with ease, no nervous breathing or loud heartbeats. She had spoken to an intruder, passed a giant dog, Starclan even had a close call with twolegs! But nothing, nothing prepared her for the nervousness she was feeling now.. but why? Why was she nervous? She got what she wanted didn't she? She has Yarrowcrest all to herself now right?

oh, but now I have so much more to lose..

Instead, Sparrowfur shakes the thought from her head. Pushing herself into Yarrowcrests chest.

"You're such a mousebrain." she laughs

[ YGDSKKDUC SLOW BURNS BE DARNED ]