Last post by hermeswind
Today 09:44 AM

Old October 11th, 2016, 02:05 PM
´෴`

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Clearing

@Hexict.
Yeah, of course <3 anyone can hop on in. ]]

Please remember to @ or quote me if you'd like me to respond to you!
Old October 11th, 2016, 02:19 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

(thanks )

Sitting in the clearing by himself, a young healer was thinking silently. There had a been a lot going on in the Healers' den suddenly, with the birth of two litters and a cat was injured. Though now everything was fine and calmed down, but had wanted to spend some time out of the den for a bit. Arrow's gaze seemed to unconsciously travel the clearing, ans stopped when he noticed Luck leaving the den. Despite sharing a den and an occupation, Arrow never really spoken to Luck before, but it wasn't to hard to see why he hadn't. Luck had a... dark look to him, and wasn't the friendliest cat in the Syndicate, though there were a lot of terrible cats in the Syndicate so it wasn't like Lusk was the worst. He decided that it was about time that he talked to Lusk, even if the older tom wouldn't be talkative. "Hello," Arrow mewed as he approached the black Healer, giving him a cautious yet friendly smile.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; October 11th, 2016 at 02:19 PM.
Old October 11th, 2016, 02:32 PM
´෴`

A sigh rattles his bones. He spots Arrow approaching from the corner of his good eye, where the image isn’t blurred at the edges, or resembling the result of a heavy downpour through pressed lashes.
He doesn’t argue when the tom comes to meet him, and Lusk only expects it’s to do with the lack of other felines deemed appropriate enough to speak with. The dark tom tilts his head upwards, ears flattening against his skull. He listens as Arrow sits so neatly, so prettily, beside him. There’s a lot Lusk could ask him -- about the births, about the injuries, about his work -- and yet he refuses, stubborn, but flicks one ear up in Arrow’s direction, clear indication to how he’s expecting the younger tom to prompt a conversation.

A few seconds pass. He should’ve expected it. Arrow is a quiet cat; he’s likely sat there debating on how to spit out something -- but truthfully, Lusk is just as awkward. He just happens to give less of a worry about it.

“What?” Rumbles his baritone, thunder in a storm, with both the power to relax and influence fear in one. He gives, uttering the first word, but he keeps his gaze hidden and his nose raised.

Last edited by vos; October 11th, 2016 at 02:33 PM.
Old October 11th, 2016, 02:58 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

The brownish red tom let the silence fall between him and Luck, but he felt a bit uncomfortable about it. If he knew the other cat, than he wouldn't be as bothered by the lack of words. He blinked in surprise when Lusk suddenly asked 'what'. "I've realize that we haven't really talked... so I just wanted to get to know you..." as he said it, Arrow started to realize that that may sound dumb, and glanced away for a moment. He found himself unable to say anything, nor could even think of anything. He did want to get to know Lusk, but it was difficult when he didn't know how.

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛
Old October 11th, 2016, 05:10 PM
´෴`

"Oh, you've realized, have you? It only took you a fair few moons." There's no real bite in the large cat's tone; he simply sounds like he's pointing something out. Lusk turns his face downwards, glances over the smaller tom slowly -- almost judgemental.

"...What is there to know?" It's rhetoric. He doesn't wait for a response, instead canting his head owlishly. "Are you still the syndicate's chew toy?" Lusk prompts, referring to Arrow's previous occupation of being a target for cats small and large. Lusk has been a healer for as long as he recalls, but he's never received trouble from the other members for it. He wonders why.

Just kidding. He knows why.

Old October 11th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

The silky white she-cat listened carefully. Even though no emotion came from his voice, his words were rather threatening. It was unnerving. Illusion didn't know how to reply to such words, she was utterly speechless, his blue depths showing a sense of shock. Hannibal had not only confirmed her thoughts, but added to them. This feline was some type of evil she didn't know about. "Well..." She spoke quietly, her optics narrowing as she pushed away her sense of shock and unnerve. "The day you chip away my mind to nothing is the day you can make a holiday," she began to imply that her mind was hard to break. In reality, if you knew Illusion well enough, you'd know how to get through to her.

Changing the subject, the she-cat turned towards the clearing. Her front paws finally tucked beneath his frame and her fluffy tail curled up around her side. "You'll never let anyone understand you, will you, Hannibal?" She asked calmly now. Her optics didn't waver from the clearing. His words echoed in her mind threatening to fester.
[Writers block for some reason x.x I swear the next post will be way better]
That was one of the many things that Hannibal was good at, not directly stating a threat but fully intending it in his tone and in his words, he was a master crafter of language really, which was one of the many things that caused cats to become intrigued by him. Hannibal looked away after saying this to Illusion, the tip of his tail flicking lightly as he sensed the pause as Illusion drank in his words, surely noticing the hidden threat that was there, the hidden information intended for her to decipher. He didn't need to look into her eyes to feel that small sense of shock that rippled through her at his words. Good, she got the meaning. She's gotten more intelligent. Thought the tom quietly, but really, it wouldn't have mattered to him whether she had gotten it or not. Turning his head as he heard her finally gather her thoughts, he looked at her once more, ears focused in her direction. "Yes, well perhaps that holiday will come sooner than you believe Illusion." Was all he said and yet it was dripping with malice to the point where even the most idiotic and numb of cats could have heard it, and yet the words came out as smooth as ever, as if he were simply talking about the weather. It was clear her implication didn't matter to Hannibal, because what he said was true. If he wanted to break you down to nothing, he would.

The dark grey tom wasn't at all surprised that Illusion would want to change the subject, she had just gotten barely a taste of the darkness that was dwelling within this creature, most cats would have wanted to change the subject far before what it came to with Illusion. "Hm?" The question intrigued him, his gaze focusing on her fully now, before it appeared as if he was distracted. "I enjoy watching others guess.. But really, no. I would never let anyone understand me, mostly because I don't believe anyone is capable of understanding me. You may try, some have, and they've failed." His eyes flashed with a strange look, something unknown and yet.. It should have been clear what had happened to these cats that have failed to understand him, painfully clear.
{It's all good! :^D}

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?

Last edited by The Cannibal; October 11th, 2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old October 11th, 2016, 05:20 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirefern View Post
[[open post!]]

Lusk creeps from within the confines of the healer's abode, reeking of dust and decay, medicinal undertones stinging at the nostrils of the fellow syndicate cats that brush by him, never close enough to really touch his broad form. None of them are recognizable, all strangers under his warped gaze. It fails to unsettle him, regardless of how alien the surroundings are when your main source of navigation happens to be your sense of smell.

It's a brief, fleeting thought, but the faces of long-since passed cats burn their way into his mind, dissipating after a second. He can't smell them, isn't sure if he'd even be able to after so long. He tells himself it's fine. None of them were friends to begin with. Neomora, Hazel, and who was it...? He can't recall the name of the tom who'd spent moons alongside him within the healer's den, his only aid whilst the syndicate still had cats attacking others from clans, larger in numbers, and for what? Some sense of pride? He'd be having none of it.

He supposes, at the end of it all, his frustrations stem from the fact that he just doesn't find himself all that fond of fighters -- and likely never will.

Curling his tail over his paws, he settles into his own thoughts, basking in what's left of the early fall sun.
Hamlet had grown older now, and the trainee still remembered when he was first assigned to Arrow, when he didn't know what to do except to be a healer, when his assignment was all he knew, and his outlook on life was rather innocent and open-minded. He would be alright with anything, as long as he got away alive, as long as the tom decided to keep thinking positively about himself and others. He was kind, and loved every single cat who walked out into the clearing. He bounced around and brightened everyone's day up just a smidgen- but now...

His sisters were gone. Peach was gone, and a new Commander had taken the stage, one he didn't trust. He didn't talk to anyone nowadays, staying cooped up in his den most of the time, thinking it a waste to talk to others. He'd realized how easy it was for other cats to die here, and how he couldn't get attached to anyone- it was weakness. He'd never really made any friends, any more connections than he had to make. He met Hannibal- and then ran away.

"..." Striding into the clearing quietly, there wasn't much the tom could say for himself as he headed towards the fresh-kill pile, his stomach rumbling from hours of sorting herbs by himself, cooping up inside of his den and hiding away from the real world. His eyes caught sight of Lusk, and something clicked in his mind- a familiar face? Walking over to where the cat was, he sat close to them- both Lusk and his trainer, Arrow, his tail flicking in a greeting as he set a piece of prey down in front of him.

"...Hello." He mumbled, taking a bite of the vole he'd laid out in front of him.

Last edited by Fel; October 11th, 2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old October 11th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Contact me via Discord

My Mood: Queenly

Default Dusk Syndicate Clearing

(Open post)
Oak squeezed himself through the thorny entrance stretching out by arching his striped tabby back. His brown gaze traveled the clearing a moment. Maybe those mousebrained hunters caught something good to eat. The exhilarated nine moon old trotted briskly to the fresh kill pile sniffing about the small surface. There were a few scrawny mice and two voles in the nearly empty pile and Oak decided that he would take the best of the bunch plucking out the vole with a hooked claw. The young Dusk Syndicate member hoped this was his last meal as a kit since he would be made a higher rank hopefully by the end of this moon. Oak scarfed down the vole licking his jaw as he finished the morsel and then cleaning himself with brisk strokes.

Clickity Clackity

Last edited by Crumbleless; October 11th, 2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old October 11th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
That was one of the many things that Hannibal was good at, not directly stating a threat but fully intending it in his tone and in his words, he was a master crafter of language really, which was one of the many things that caused cats to become intrigued by him. Hannibal looked away after saying this to Illusion, the tip of his tail flicking lightly as he sensed the pause as Illusion drank in his words, surely noticing the hidden threat that was there, the hidden information intended for her to decipher. He didn't need to look into her eyes to feel that small sense of shock that rippled through her at his words. Good, she got the meaning. She's gotten more intelligent. Thought the tom quietly, but really, it wouldn't have mattered to him whether she had gotten it or not. Turning his head as he heard her finally gather her thoughts, he looked at her once more, ears focused in her direction. "Yes, well perhaps that holiday will come sooner than you believe Illusion." Was all he said and yet it was dripping with malice to the point where even the most idiotic and numb of cats could have heard it, and yet the words came out as smooth as ever, as if he were simply talking about the weather. It was clear her implication didn't matter to Hannibal, because what he said was true. If he wanted to break you down to nothing, he would.

The dark grey tom wasn't at all surprised that Illusion would want to change the subject, she had just gotten barely a taste of the darkness that was dwelling within this creature, most cats would have wanted to change the subject far before what it came to with Illusion. "Hm?" The question intrigued him, his gaze focusing on her fully now, before it appeared as if he was distracted. "I enjoy watching others guess.. But really, no. I would never let anyone understand me, mostly because I don't believe anyone is capable of understanding me. You may try, some have, and they've failed." His eyes flashed with a strange look, something unknown and yet.. It should have been clear what had happened to these cats that have failed to understand him, painfully clear.
{It's all good! :^D}

Illusion's pelt seemed to crawl with the unease she felt. His words just echoed once more in her mind before she forcefully pushed them away for good. Although as she did this, they only seemed to be replaced with another threat. Hannibal was trying to get to her. She couldn't let that happen. This time she seemed to be more prepared and didn't react towards his words. Her pelt lay flat once more and her optics shifted towards the gray tom-cat. They held no more emotion and instead seemed to be studying the evil feline next to her.

"Perhaps that would be best for you, but that only half answered my question," she spoke with a calm tone, watching him carefully. "Are you refusing to grow close... well let me reword that," she paused, thinking of the words she was going to say next. "Are you refusing to allow anyone to get to know you... to have someone that you can go to as an ally or a 'friend'?" she asked instead, allowing him some time to answer before she continued. "Or do you think you're better alone for your life?" she finished with her tail tip twitching beside her. The white she-cat simply waited for his answer now. Unsure of how he'd answer, although she expected something about how he doesn't need anyone or that he doesn't want anyone getting that close to him. It was a typical Syndicate cat answer, even though most were hypocrites about it. Perhaps Hannibal was different? Or gave her an unusual answer?

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old October 11th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

Illusion's pelt seemed to crawl with the unease she felt. His words just echoed once more in her mind before she forcefully pushed them away for good. Although as she did this, they only seemed to be replaced with another threat. Hannibal was trying to get to her. She couldn't let that happen. This time she seemed to be more prepared and didn't react towards his words. Her pelt lay flat once more and her optics shifted towards the gray tom-cat. They held no more emotion and instead seemed to be studying the evil feline next to her.

"Perhaps that would be best for you, but that only half answered my question," she spoke with a calm tone, watching him carefully. "Are you refusing to grow close... well let me reword that," she paused, thinking of the words she was going to say next. "Are you refusing to allow anyone to get to know you... to have someone that you can go to as an ally or a 'friend'?" she asked instead, allowing him some time to answer before she continued. "Or do you think you're better alone for your life?" she finished with her tail tip twitching beside her. The white she-cat simply waited for his answer now. Unsure of how he'd answer, although she expected something about how he doesn't need anyone or that he doesn't want anyone getting that close to him. It was a typical Syndicate cat answer, even though most were hypocrites about it. Perhaps Hannibal was different? Or gave her an unusual answer?
A slight breeze gusted through the rather quiet, dim-lit Syndicate camp, tugging at a few tufts of Hannibal's short grey fur, though he made no move to groom them down, not just yet, his head turning away thoughtfully as he dwelled on the conversation he was having with his former trainee. It was an interesting one for sure, much better than the simple, mindless speak that some cats come up to him with, and the fact that made it all the more interesting, not necessarily to him, but in general, was that it was the one cat who escaped his claws, even if barely. Did any cat even know that aside from the three that were there? Or had Illusion and Hera been smart enough not to talk about it? Hannibal would know if they have, whether cats know it or not, he listens to everything. Even if he looks like he's simply laying there, grooming, he's listening to the conversations, pulling out information that he wants to know.

With his head still turned, the only indication that he was still listening to her was his swiveled ears that were attuned to her. Whether he looked distracted or not, he was listening to her words very carefully, fully aware that Illusion was watching him just as carefully as he was listening. He thought about the question carefully, allowing her to fully finish what she was saying and then giving it some time afterwards, his head not bothering to turn back to look at her when he finally decided to answer. "You know what, you've been fair in answering my question, so I'll be fair in answering yours. I will give you an honest answer Illusion, hows that? "I don't refuse cats from getting close to me, they can try if they do so wish. They can think I'm their friend, but really. I have yet to find a cat that has caught my intention long enough for me to want to keep them alive. Or perhaps I have, but they ended up breaking the only rule I hold when interacting with other cats, one you should know very well." His orange gaze flashed back to her for a moment. "I'm rather indifferent about having 'friends', it doesn't matter to me. But I don't refuse cats from trying, though usually they just all end up the same."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?