Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Sweet Nightmares... [P]
by Tiabirb
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 04:21 PM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 04:19 PM
RiverClan New Character...
Last post by peachfuzz~
Today 04:18 PM
WindClan Medicine Cat's Den
by Lillith
Last post by SeonghwasBunnyEars
Today 04:14 PM
‘Honey Skies Hiding...
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 04:07 PM

Old December 26th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Geckoleaf stiffened, her body running rigid. "Cougar-we can't. It's not that I don't love you- I really do, with my whole soul, but what would their life be like? They'd be nursed by some other she-cat, and they'd never know their mother, and you'd be distant enough. Even if it was someone we both knew and trusted, I just couldn't do that to them. I-... I'm so sorry. I know it tears you apart, and me too... But we can't be parents. I have duties, and so do you. This clan provides for us as we must do for it." She stopped for a moment, realizing how she sounded. Like the clan took priority over their love, over everything they held dear. "I want kits. I do. But we can't have them now. Not here- we just got a new leader, and the four clans are in ruins.." Her voice trailed off, voice thick with emotion. "I love you so much. But we just cant." The feline averted her gaze; she couldn't look at Cougarstorm, and see the emotion he carried in his eyes, his want to have kits, his love and desire for her, and his hurt that she had refused him something he held so dear.

(since we were going to have them fight in the clearing or forest, and then gecko comes back to arctic, maybe instead arctic comes in after they finish fighting?)
Unlike Geckoleaf's body, Cougarstorm's sagged with emotion; he wanted to understand his lover's reasoning, but it seemed contrary to reason. "So," he meowed, his gaze indignanat, "the clans, and cats who probably want to kill you are more important than me? I see, this whole 'love' thing is just an act to push my buttons." Without another word, he turned on his heel and fled; before he tore through the thickets, he turned his head to give Geckoleaf a tearful glance. Cougarstorm was gone.

(Alright, sounds good!)

Last edited by Brunch; December 26th, 2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old January 1st, 2017, 02:57 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Unlike Geckoleaf's body, Cougarstorm's sagged with emotion; he wanted to understand his lover's reasoning, but it seemed contrary to reason. "So," he meowed, his gaze indignanat, "the clans, and cats who probably want to kill you are more important than me? I see, this whole 'love' thing is just an act to push my buttons." Without another word, he turned on his heel and fled; before he tore through the thickets, he turned his head to give Geckoleaf a tearful glance. Cougarstorm was gone.

(Alright, sounds good!)
The medicine cat felt an unexpected surge of anger course through her, her veins filled with fire. "Fine! If you don't trust me, than just leave!" She spat, her words uncharacteristically sharp. For all of her soft-spoken nature and hesitancy to use strong words, Geckoleaf loved Cougarstorm deeply, and his words accusing her of being unfaithful to him and their dedication to one another. It struck her to her core, his words as sharp as a bite to the neck. Audits flattening backwards, the feline quickly lost her sharp edge, and her emotions turned quickly to desperation and hurt. "Cougar- wait!" Geckoleaf cried desperately, her words loud and clear, another deviation from her usual soft spoken self. But despite her worry for him, Geckoleaf didn't run after her love. If he needed time, or if he even was done with her, she still couldn't blame him for his reaction. She had realized the mistake of her words too late, but it may have cost her a dearly loved relationship, and friend.

Tears began to stream from her eyes, emotion and shock overwhelming her self control. They pooling in her her sapphire blue orbs, and she blinked hard to keep seeing straight. Gratefully, the den was devoid of any other souls, and her outburst and relationship would not be discovered. Turning tail, Geckokeaf fled to a hidden corner in the back of the den, a mossy spot protected by vines where she kept the most dangerous herbs. It easily hid her small form, and only there did she allow herself to let loose, rough and ungainly sobs wracking her body, soft sobs escaping her mouth, and more tears dripping from her eyes. How had she allowed herself to slip, and make such a mistake? It was obvious, in retrospect; she should've instead told him that it just wasn't the time, and she just wasn't yet ready for kits. Then, none of this mess would've happened. Maybe Cougarstorm would've been disappointed, but she knew he would've understood. But not this, never this. It was her fault, and what she'd said would always be inexcusable.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:10 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

The medicine cat felt an unexpected surge of anger course through her, her veins filled with fire. "Fine! If you don't trust me, than just leave!" She spat, her words uncharacteristically sharp. For all of her soft-spoken nature and hesitancy to use strong words, Geckoleaf loved Cougarstorm deeply, and his words accusing her of being unfaithful to him and their dedication to one another. It struck her to her core, his words as sharp as a bite to the neck. Audits flattening backwards, the feline quickly lost her sharp edge, and her emotions turned quickly to desperation and hurt. "Cougar- wait!" Geckoleaf cried desperately, her words loud and clear, another deviation from her usual soft spoken self. But despite her worry for him, Geckoleaf didn't run after her love. If he needed time, or if he even was done with her, she still couldn't blame him for his reaction. She had realized the mistake of her words too late, but it may have cost her a dearly loved relationship, and friend.

Tears began to stream from her eyes, emotion and shock overwhelming her self control. They pooling in her her sapphire blue orbs, and she blinked hard to keep seeing straight. Gratefully, the den was devoid of any other souls, and her outburst and relationship would not be discovered. Turning tail, Geckokeaf fled to a hidden corner in the back of the den, a mossy spot protected by vines where she kept the most dangerous herbs. It easily hid her small form, and only there did she allow herself to let loose, rough and ungainly sobs wracking her body, soft sobs escaping her mouth, and more tears dripping from her eyes. How had she allowed herself to slip, and make such a mistake? It was obvious, in retrospect; she should've instead told him that it just wasn't the time, and she just wasn't yet ready for kits. Then, none of this mess would've happened. Maybe Cougarstorm would've been disappointed, but she knew he would've understood. But not this, never this. It was her fault, and what she'd said would always be inexcusable.
Once again, the bushes rattled, though this time less intense and lower to the ground. Peeping his head through the thicket barrier, Arctickit had a concerned look on his features; he had seen the infuriated tom burst out of the den. He wasn't too concerned by his actions, but it was the weeping that had sounded afterward that had made him anxious. Arctickit's eyes not quite adjusting to the blinding darkness of the den, he couldn't make out the figure of Geckoleaf cowered in the corner, wails escaping her maw. Curious as to the reason of the weepings, Artickit ventured deeper into the den, his gray-brown tabby tail flicking with a bundle of emotions. "G-Geckoleaf?" he trembled, afraid of the possibilities, "Are you okay?" he trodded forward, his ears plastered against his head, and his small body trembling.
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:38 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Once again, the bushes rattled, though this time less intense and lower to the ground. Peeping his head through the thicket barrier, Arctickit had a concerned look on his features; he had seen the infuriated tom burst out of the den. He wasn't too concerned by his actions, but it was the weeping that had sounded afterward that had made him anxious. Arctickit's eyes not quite adjusting to the blinding darkness of the den, he couldn't make out the figure of Geckoleaf cowered in the corner, wails escaping her maw. Curious as to the reason of the weepings, Artickit ventured deeper into the den, his gray-brown tabby tail flicking with a bundle of emotions. "G-Geckoleaf?" he trembled, afraid of the possibilities, "Are you okay?" he trodded forward, his ears plastered against his head, and his small body trembling.
Hearing the soft rustle of the bushes, and the sound of footsteps on the stone floor of her den, Geckoleaf looked up, and quickly stifled her sobs, unsure of who had entered. But her body still shook slightly, and the tears kept coming. She brushed the tears from her eyes, and then hiccuped softly, the pressure from her sobs unrelenting. She had a moment to compose herself, and that she did, before the small figure spoke. The medicine cat instantly recognized his voice; Arctickit, drawn here from what she did not know. Geckoleaf let out a slight sigh of relief, glad that it was not someone who she knew better. Taking in a deep, shuddering breath before she spoke, Geckoleaf said softly to the mainly white tom-kit; "I-... I'm alright. I think. I just had an argument with my best friend. We disagreed on a big issue, and I said something wrong and he ran off." None of it was a lie. Cougarstorm was her best friend, and they disagreed on kits, and she said something wrong. But, she could never tell Arctickit about him being her love. Of course she couldn't. It was completely forbidden.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 1st, 2017, 04:51 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

Hearing the soft rustle of the bushes, and the sound of footsteps on the stone floor of her den, Geckoleaf looked up, and quickly stifled her sobs, unsure of who had entered. But her body still shook slightly, and the tears kept coming. She brushed the tears from her eyes, and then hiccuped softly, the pressure from her sobs unrelenting. She had a moment to compose herself, and that she did, before the small figure spoke. The medicine cat instantly recognized his voice; Arctickit, drawn here from what she did not know. Geckoleaf let out a slight sigh of relief, glad that it was not someone who she knew better. Taking in a deep, shuddering breath before she spoke, Geckoleaf said softly to the mainly white tom-kit; "I-... I'm alright. I think. I just had an argument with my best friend. We disagreed on a big issue, and I said something wrong and he ran off." None of it was a lie. Cougarstorm was her best friend, and they disagreed on kits, and she said something wrong. But, she could never tell Arctickit about him being her love. Of course she couldn't. It was completely forbidden.
Letting out a quick sigh of relief that nothing terrible had come upon the medicine cat, Arctickit smiled softly at her. Oblivious to what Geckoleaf's words could have meant, Arctickit stretched forward towards her; Arctickit felt jovial, for some reason in that cave. The kit had been incredibly dubious of his apprenticeship that was nearing at a rapid pace, and with the nursery seeming to decrease in size thanks to the new arrivals, and only really felt safe when outised, or in a den with very few cats. Arctickit barely thought of his fears though when he squeakex, "Well then, do you need any help?"

Last edited by Brunch; January 1st, 2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old January 1st, 2017, 05:24 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Letting out a quick sigh of relief that nothing terrible had come upon the medicine cat, Arctickit smiled softlycat her. Oblivious to what Geckoleaf's words could have meant, Arctickit stretched forward towards her; Arctickit felt jovial, for some reason in that cave. The kit had been incredibly dubious of his apprenticeship that was nearing at a rapid pace, and with the nursery seeming to decrease in size thanks to the new arrivals, and only really felt safe when outised, or in a den with very few cats. Arctickit barely thought of his fears though when he squeakex, "Well then, do you need any help?"
Geckoleaf laughed softly, at the relief the kit obviously felt from she herself being alright. A smile nearly crossed her muzzle, but she felt too down, and instead the edges of her lips lifted slightly, softening her harsh expression of sadness. "I actually don't think there is a whole lot you can do. Unless you'd like to learn some basic herb functions and help me compile general injury packets, I could just enjoy the company. I've heard the best remedy for sadness is company," she responded softly, her voice slightly steadier than before. It touched her that the kit cared so much about her though, when she hardly knew him. But even though she had meant the herb sorting jokingly, she had a creeping suspicion that Arctickit would accept. Geckoleaf had taken a liking to him, and was thinking of making him her apprentice.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 1st, 2017, 05:47 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

Geckoleaf laughed softly, at the relief the kit obviously felt from she herself being alright. A smile nearly crossed her muzzle, but she felt too down, and instead the edges of her lips lifted slightly, softening her harsh expression of sadness. "I actually don't think there is a whole lot you can do. Unless you'd like to learn some basic herb functions and help me compile general injury packets, I could just enjoy the company. I've heard the best remedy for sadness is company," she responded softly, her voice slightly steadier than before. It touched her that the kit cared so much about her though, when she hardly knew him. But even though she had meant the herb sorting jokingly, she had a creeping suspicion that Arctickit would accept. Geckoleaf had taken a liking to him, and was thinking of making him her apprentice.
Joyous for the excuse to escape the nursery, Arctickit obliged with a chirp of, "Sure!" The kit padded over to the herbs, his maw stretched wide over the many plants, his pelt pickling with excitement. Though not every scent was quite pleasing, he was quite optimistic that each would be just as fun as to sort. His bright blue eyes glitter over to Geckoleaf a smile perched on his childish features. "What packets are we sorting?" he asked quietly, gazing over the herbs once more, trying to take in as much as he could, but it all jumbled together in a very minty scent. He cradled one that was very enticing to him; a very comforting scent that drew him closer. Arctickit backed up though, knowing that if he got any closer he would devour them. His pupils were wide, almost covering his entire eye, "What does this do?" he questioned Geckoleaf calmly, gesturing to the herb- catmint- with his grey-brown fluffy tail.
Old January 1st, 2017, 06:07 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Joyous for the excuse to escape the nursery, Arctickit obliged with a chirp of, "Sure!" The kit padded over to the herbs, his maw stretched wide over the many plants, his pelt pickling with excitement. Though not every scent was quite pleasing, he was quite optimistic that each would be just as fun as to sort. His bright blue eyes glitter over to Geckoleaf a smile perched on his childish features. "What packets are we sorting?" he asked quietly, gazing over the herbs once more, trying to take in as much as he could, but it all jumbled together in a very minty scent. He cradled one that was very enticing to him; a very comforting scent that drew him closer. Arctickit backed up though, knowing that if he got any closer he would devour them. His pupils were wide, almost covering his entire eye, "What does this do?" he questioned Geckoleaf calmly, gesturing to the herb- catmint- with his grey-brown fluffy tail.
Watching the kitten, Geckoleaf felt a surge of joy fill her inexplicably, momentarily overpowering the ominous sense of pain in her chest. Arctickit was strikingly similar to her, from when she had first become interested in the world of healing. She remembered the wonder and awe when Marshsnow had taught her about herbs, the way they healed and interacted. She twitched her tail, and then slowly rose, her tears now stilled but wet in her fur. She then padded towards the young tom, and then sat next to him. He was already tall next to her, his ears reaching her shoulder when he was standing. He would be big.. Like Cougarstorm. She stiffened at that realization, and then swallowed hard, forcing the lump in her throat down. She couldn't freeze up again, not when this young tom was so promising. "That's catmint. It can be used to cure Greencough and kitten cough, and sometimes the odd sore chest," she responded, ears angled towards the kitten. "We'll sort traveling herb packs from healing ones. I'll teach you the scents, because they look the same on the outside."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 1st, 2017, 06:20 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

Watching the kitten, Geckoleaf felt a surge of joy fill her inexplicably, momentarily overpowering the ominous sense of pain in her chest. Arctickit was strikingly similar to her, from when she had first become interested in the world of healing. She remembered the wonder and awe when Marshsnow had taught her about herbs, the way they healed and interacted. She twitched her tail, and then slowly rose, her tears now stilled but wet in her fur. She then padded towards the young tom, and then sat next to him. He was already tall next to her, his ears reaching her shoulder when he was standing. He would be big.. Like Cougarstorm. She stiffened at that realization, and then swallowed hard, forcing the lump in her throat down. She couldn't freeze up again, not when this young tom was so promising. "That's catmint. It can be used to cure Greencough and kitten cough, and sometimes the odd sore chest," she responded, ears angled towards the kitten. "We'll sort traveling herb packs from healing ones. I'll teach you the scents, because they look the same on the outside."
"Well," Arctickit mewed quietly, "It smells delightful!" his voice was a quiet chirp as he skidded over to where Geckoleaf was, hovering over the herbs that they were to sort. Before looking down at the herbs, he took Geckoleaf's words for granted, thinking that the plants would be quite easy to sort, no matter their similarity. As Arctickit turned his attention to leaves before him, they all seemed analogous, and when his stretched his mouth to take in their scent, it was the same heap of scent that he could not understand, no matter how he looked at it. His bright blue eyes landed on Geckoleaf, waiting patiently for instructions.
Old January 1st, 2017, 06:43 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
"Well," Arctickit mewed quietly, "It smells delightful!" his voice was a quiet chirp as he skidded over to where Geckoleaf was, hovering over the herbs that they were to sort. Before looking down at the herbs, he took Geckoleaf's words for granted, thinking that the plants would be quite easy to sort, no matter their similarity. As Arctickit turned his attention to leaves before him, they all seemed analogous, and when his stretched his mouth to take in their scent, it was the same heap of scent that he could not understand, no matter how he looked at it. His bright blue eyes landed on Geckoleaf, waiting patiently for instructions.
"This is hard, I know, and took me many months to master as an apprentice. But it's fun, trying to sort them." Moving upwards, she swept a messy pile of beech leaf packets in between them, and by scent, deftly pulled out two of the packages, and placed them apart from the mound of leaves, a little ways away from each other. "Alright. The one on the right is healing. They have a sharper, more earthy tone. And one the left are traveling herbs. They have a gentler scent, and are more definitely floral. Smell them both, and then slowly nose through pile until you find one corresponding to each. Then, put it with the right herb packet I already placed down. Then, once have the piles, well put them away. Alright, love?" She mewed, waiting to make sure he understood her instructions, however vague and ill defined they were. She had never tried to explain something like this before.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending