Last post by iliri
Today 05:48 PM

Old December 10th, 2017, 03:19 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: cirque de claire de lune

• we can start!! @Rubinaito @Sasukewolf (madness); @Celestial; (?) •

sighing, a pale boy padded into the tent. his hair hung low over one eye, keeping the dark hue hidden. the black boots upon his feet made a tiny thump with every step, hands shoved into his hoodie's pockets. cracking his neck, he scanned the tent for his crate of supplies, staying silent. all he wanted to do was practice for the show tomorrow. his routine needed some review, and he had to be sure that his prosthetic was working normally, unlike last time.
he flinched just thinking about it.
a huff was released before the aerialist was grabbing his outfit, silks, and container of crushed-up chalk. he made his way towards the large stadium in which the circus would be performed. come on, august. you can do this. don't think of last time, the boy, august, thought. he ran a hand through his hair before setting up the silks. before raising them up, he made sure they were fastened enough to where they would not come undone. then, he turned off the regular lights and switched the spotlight on.
you can do this.

Last edited by lio; December 10th, 2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old December 10th, 2017, 03:34 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

My Mood: Kingly

Scarlet sat still in the tent she called her room, her supplies hung up and scattered over the floor. The only movement from the young woman was the scratching of a sharpened pencil against the rough, pale beige paper inside her red book. Eric hair fell in front of her eyes briefly, shielding the blue pools from the bright light coming from her lamp while allowing her to still see the paper. However, the thing stands bothered her and she moved her hair back behind her ear with the hand she held her pencil in, pausing as she looked at the page. The red book was where she planned out her act, always bringing in new techniques to freshen up the performance and challenge herself. Confident in the act she had pulled together, she only had to practice it one more time hopefully, before she could practice the newer moves she had come up with. She placed the book down and changed into her practice leotard, a simple white piece without any embellishments.

Grabbing her two hoops and the wire, she made her way to the main tent. The flap was closed, but she peered in anyway to watch August practice. She gently placed down her rings and the wire and took a seat, watching his practice with a very slight smile.

♡♡♡
But now I know, without a doubt...
The luckiest day of my life was the day I met you~

♡♡♡
Old December 10th, 2017, 04:03 PM
the tale of six.

august changed into his costume and covered his hands in chalk before twirling the silk around them, lifting himself up. he climbed higher and higher, being sure to watch his prosthetic leg. once he found himself to be high enough off the ground, he twisted his body to pull the silk around his abdomen and legs. after getting a tight enough grip, he let himself unravel from the hold of the silks, but caught himself with his legs, cautiously keeping a tight hold of the aerial silk.
his breathing was heavy, yet he smiled to himself after realizing that he had finally done the most difficult trick for him to master. as he swung to and fro in the air, he pulled himself up and slowly tightened a knot in the two strands of silk. with a nod to himself, august licked his lips and tested the newly-made ring. he sat within it and pressed a button on his special prosthetic to lower himself to the ground, grinning.
"yes!" he cheered, fistbumping the air. august jumped off the silks and moved over to replace the prosthetic with his normal one, fixing his hair.
Old December 10th, 2017, 04:03 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

name
jamie “jay” ryans
pronouns
she/her
sexuality
panromantic asexual
act
escapologist
appearance
jamie is of average height, standing at 5’5 with a thin build. she has very fair skin, with a spray of freckles on the bridge if her perky nose and cheeks. she has short, curly chin length golden brown hair, and golden eyes tinted green. opposite to her blood curdling act, she portrays innocence and simplicity. jamie looks more like a 12 year old, and can easily pass as being far younger than she is.
outfit
jamie typically dresses rather nicely, wearing sweaters with collared shirts beneath, leggings or skirts and boots.
stage outfit
just to deceive the crowd, jamie wears a lot of pastel colors with skirts and rather feminine clothing.
personality
jamie is a very spunky girl, with an extremely stubborn nature. she never backs down without a fight and finds it hard to let go. she’s often a bit clingy and overprotective, and isn’t even close to being shy or quiet. she’s quite talkative, really, and radiates excitement. she is always helpful when it comes to emotional support, and is often the shoulder you cry on. she takes on a great deal, and doesn’t show how she’s feeling. she’s got a lot on her shoulders and secretly struggles to hold her optimism, but few notice her struggles. she’s the sort you never see cry, and if you do; something is seriously wrong. jamie has slight anger issues and gets mad at others easy, occasionally to the point where she’ll get into a fight. she hates to be overlooked or looked down upon, and fights hard to be a part of the circus.
other
i’m thinking that even though she’s the youngest of the group, she’s often overlooked? she’ll hardly act her age and is probably more mature than most of the other performers.
mention
@tinyalienboy
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da

Last edited by meraki; December 10th, 2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old December 10th, 2017, 04:19 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyalienboy View Post
august changed into his costume and covered his hands in chalk before twirling the silk around them, lifting himself up. he climbed higher and higher, being sure to watch his prosthetic leg. once he found himself to be high enough off the ground, he twisted his body to pull the silk around his abdomen and legs. after getting a tight enough grip, he let himself unravel from the hold of the silks, but caught himself with his legs, cautiously keeping a tight hold of the aerial silk.
his breathing was heavy, yet he smiled to himself after realizing that he had finally done the most difficult trick for him to master. as he swung to and fro in the air, he pulled himself up and slowly tightened a knot in the two strands of silk. with a nod to himself, august licked his lips and tested the newly-made ring. he sat within it and pressed a button on his special prosthetic to lower himself to the ground, grinning.
"yes!" he cheered, fistbumping the air. august jumped off the silks and moved over to replace the prosthetic with his normal one, fixing his hair.
Scarlet clapped politely, rising from her seat gracefully and jumping down to the ground, doing a quick little roll to ensure she wouldn't get hurt. "That was marvelous, August." She complimented him, soft British accent and everything. She picked up the two metal hoops and the wire used to attach them to the ceiling, looking over at the other. "May I use the space to practice my performance for tomorrow?" She asked pleasantly,abandoning her idea of perfecting the new routine she had been experimenting with. Her blue eyes landed on August, waiting patiently for his response.

♡♡♡
But now I know, without a doubt...
The luckiest day of my life was the day I met you~

♡♡♡
Old December 10th, 2017, 04:24 PM
The Madness King

Sasuke was inside of his tent, tending to a small nest filled with 3 snake eggs. He smiles warmly as tiny begins to wrap around his neck. He pets her a bit before standing up, he pulls on his shirt a bit as he speaks in his dark husky voice with a hint of his Hispanic origins laying within his words “ let’s go see the others “ he says happily as he walks out of his tent seeing August and scarlet training a bit. He thinks a bit if he should go say hi than just eventually turns away walking by the training tent enjoying the fresh air.
Old December 10th, 2017, 05:12 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Aaron was face to face with one of the trucks looking at the large bolder words and the handle to pull herself up and in. The large semi truck labeled "Handle with care, living and/or dangerous cargo" stood in a the middle of a yard of trucks and vans all coming and going every now and than. Stepping into the bed of the truck was like stepping into another world, a darker and more cold world beyond eyes. It was the part of the circus you didn't want to see or they wouldn't let you see. As she let her eyes focus as she stepped into the dark and fumbled around for a moment as they adjusted she could see the iron bars and crates linking each side of the truck bed. At the very back was a large cage with blackened bars and a door sealed tightly. Within where the three lions she often... Tamed. with an uneven huff she walked to the back of the space and watched the three beasts sleep. It was all they did if they weren't training and it was sad to watch. She picked up one of the three plastic bowls off to her left labled with each of their names. There was one for Apollo. The large dominant male, and the others for both April and Aria the females. Filled with meat scraps and the occasional fruit filling she tapped the cage gently. Springing to life the lions arose from their slumber cuffing at each other's ears and rolling to get up. A slender hole at the mouth of the cage allowed Aaron to gently slip each piece of meat through without getting her hand ripped right off her arm.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old December 10th, 2017, 06:39 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

A young girl stood in her tent, looking at herself in the mirror in front of her. She sighed unhappily, running a hair through her very short golden brown hair. She flipped the part onto he other side, the loose curls moving in the direction she pulled. Jamie stared a moment longer before shaking her head and removing the new stage outfit she was asked to try on, and changing back into a short black skater-skirt and pale yellow sweater with a black and white flannel beneath. She pulled on a pair boots, and headed towards the stadium to watch the others practise. Jamie knew she definitely needed some work on her straight-jacket act, but she figured it could wait until tomorrow. She wanted to see how the others were getting along first.
Jamie made her way to the stadium, spotting a few other performers and giving them a friendly smile. Jamie hadn’t been a part of the circus for very long at all, and she was quite surprised to see how the age differences between her and he other performers, though she hoped it wouldn’t affect any of their performances.
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da
Old December 10th, 2017, 06:56 PM
the tale of six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubinaito View Post
Scarlet clapped politely, rising from her seat gracefully and jumping down to the ground, doing a quick little roll to ensure she wouldn't get hurt. "That was marvelous, August." She complimented him, soft British accent and everything. She picked up the two metal hoops and the wire used to attach them to the ceiling, looking over at the other. "May I use the space to practice my performance for tomorrow?" She asked pleasantly,abandoning her idea of perfecting the new routine she had been experimenting with. Her blue eyes landed on August, waiting patiently for his response.
august jumped, startled, at the sound of clapping. he blinked and nodded, smiling towards scarlet. his eyes brightened before he moved to get his silks down from the hooks. brown hair fell down over his face, but he brushed it away and waved a quick farewell to scarlet, not wanting to distract her from her practice.
"good luck," august said quietly, grabbing his stuff and padding away. the boy bit his lip and shivered once he was outside. it was nearing the time of winter, so the temperature was dropping. august rubbed his legs, which were still uncovered as he had not changed back into his normal outfit, and shook silently. his tattoo shone in the beaming sun, eyes glimmering.
finally, he reached his tent and changed back into his own clothing. august grabbed a book and went back out to find a place to read it, also picking up earbuds and his phone to play music. as he dragged himself towards the forestry near the tents, the boy spots jamie near the stadium. he hadn't seen her as he was leaving. she's nearly invisible, august thought.
he kept on moving before finding a tree to settle down under. leaves crunched under him, an icy breeze blowing. the aerialist put on his earbuds and began to play music, humming along while he read.
Old December 10th, 2017, 08:30 PM
the tale of six.

• to get a clearer idea of everything, here is a few pictures-

forestry
main tent
individual tents
stadium