Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Character Resources

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Lion and lamb, owl and...
Last post by Daragca
Today 05:15 AM
Counting Until Staff knock...
by zBlaze
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 04:51 AM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by Luminous
Today 03:45 AM
Dawning Woods
by Rose
Last post by Luminous
Today 03:34 AM
looking for willing...
Last post by randomfandomfan
Today 02:09 AM

Old January 4th, 2021, 01:53 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

ShadowClan Q and A for the Leader of ShadowClan

So because I noticed that Dawn's ruthless murder of Eagleclaw has potentially caused some fear of her just killing cats at random in ShadowClan, I decided to set up this little question and answer thread for her in hopes I can quell some of the negativity about her, as well as give a little more insight to Dawnstar.

I enjoy RPing her as she is and will not be changing who's she's become, but I don't like people being worried about submitting a cat to the clan and then losing them because of Dawn. If your cats' just actively terrified of Dawn, that's understandable, feel free to avoid her and get the hell out of Dodge. I just don't want any misunderstanding with her.

This thread is for newbies, returnees, or anyone worried about Dawnstar's erratic nature. If you got any questions for her regarding your cat or anything else in ShadowClan, go ahead and throw them at me.

The questions I have down below are just some I'm assuming are floating around in some heads. I will add more as I think of them or you guys ask about them.

Please do not quote this.

Q: How can I avoid getting murdered by Dawnstar?
A: It's super simple, don't draw attention to yourself, and don't give her any reason to think your disloyal or going to stab her in the back. Dawn mostly keeps to herself, fall in line, and don't openly question her and you'll be fine. I'm serious, she's not just going to randomly pick out your character and suddenly kill them.

Q: Is Dawnstar evil?
A: I don't like labels such as good and evil, I prefer dark and light. It's just a thing I have. She's a very dark merciless and ruthless leader who will tear the very stars out of the sky if she feels like she or ShadowClan has been wronged. She'll go to extreme lengths in order to right that wrong.

Q: How many clanmates has Dawnstar killed?
A: If my memory services me right, just 2, although one was an outsider trying to return to the clan.

Q: Does Dawnstar kill cats at random, based on their usefulness, or due to mood swings?
A: Currently, my answer's going to be no. There is a reason for their deaths. If it was random there would be a lot more dead cats, if it was usefulness ShadowClan would have no elders, and mood swings there'd be no way any cat could rejoining the clan after going missing. I'm keeping her sane enough to still reason somewhat, although the reason isn't always sane.

Q: What was Eagleclaw's reason for death?
A: He asked her a question she found was dumb, one which she felt she had already answered... I'm joking, it's wasn't the question. It was more the fact that she felt he was a threat to her. She did give a reason as to why she was using a harsher method for training apprentices, and the fact that so many warriors stepped up even after she threatened their lives made her feel like she was going about the problem in the right way, and that she and her clan were on the same page. Eagleclaw was the only one who spoke out against Dawn, it made her feel like he was trying to tear apart the messed up sense of unity she's created and to turn her clan against her. In her mind, he was a threat and threats need to be disposed of.

Q: Why was Icepaw's life threaten and would Dawn had really killed him?
A: So Icepaw's life was threatened because he drew attention to himself by standing up for his mentor when Dawn hadn't even bothered threatening Eagelclaw in the first place. Dawn wouldn't have dragged him into the situation if he had kept quiet.
No, Dawn would not have killed Icepaw due to the fact that as soon as his life was in jeopardy he turned on his mentor and kind of realized the error of his way... Had he not run off, Dawn might have actually praised him.

Q: From a scale of 1 to 10 how sane is Dawnstar right now?
A: I don't know, 8? Is 10 the worst or 1? The fact that she's not killing cats for just breathing the same air as she is, makes her pretty sane to me.

Q: I know she's insane, but is there a reason Dawnstar's so willing to kill her own clanmates?
A: Yes, so Dawn's always had some mental and trust issues, but not to the point of murdering her clanmates. So the day her sister killed her mother, mentally she was in a pretty bad place, but then her clan started to actively turn on her. Granted, I totally understand why. But in Dawn's head, she hadn't done anything that warrants such hostility and clanmates actively attempting to kill her.
She's always been a mean warrior, but has never physically hurt any of her clanmates(save maybe her sister I think), thought about it but never put it into action. She hunted, patrolled, and fought like any other warrior for ShadowClan. Mom's murder by her sister and Dawn's suddenly thrust in the role of leader, and then her clanmates abruptly(in her head) hate her and try to kill her. So now she's kind of toss aside any bonds that tethered her from hurting her clanmates, and is stuck in a kill or be killed cycle, she'd rather be the one doing the killing than vice versa.

Q: So you're telling me the only way I can have my cat live in ShadowClan is by shutting up and taking Dawnstar's insanity?
A: No, your cat can speak up and be themselves if they'd like. The easiest way is to defy Dawn is by making sure your cat has some points under their belt with her, such as finishing patrols and training apprentices, the normal stuff, and logic. She's still sane enough to debate if a question gets the wheels in her head-turning. Arie's Doetuft is a living example of how cats can have a voice without dying.
Dawn hates Doe for some reason, I'm not completely certain on. She thoroughly enjoys belittling the blind warrior whenever she can, but as much as she dislikes Doe, the warrior is still living and hasn't received too harsh of punishments with Dawn. Dawn only normally picks on Doe when the she-cat puts herself in Dawn's line of sight. She's not going out of her way to find and harass Doe.
Doe does have some sass to her when it comes to Dawn, I find it hilarious. But because Doe had proven to Dawn that she is useful, she can get away with small things, and even make Dawn change her mind. Such as helping with night time training with the deputy instead of Dawn's original choice.

Q: Is there a way for my character to avoid getting killed by Dawn if she's already set on killing them?
A: Yes, I always leave some opening for a cat to flee before she kills them. If Dawn's going to kill your cat, I often give some sort of warning before she kills them or some sort of out. Dawn will not chase your cat if they run, they won't be allowed in ShadowClan ever, but they'll still be alive.
I also like stating that she's going to kill your cat if... either take the if or run. You don't take either and she's just going to kill them. Yes, I'm aware that sometimes the if isn't to her satisfaction, I still normally try to leave some time to get the cat out and away from her. I try not to blindside people with sudden deaths unless it's for a plot or it's out of character for Dawn to give a warning.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; August 19th, 2021 at 02:33 PM.
Old January 6th, 2021, 07:13 PM
Detective To Justice

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Q and A for the Leader of ShadowClan

@Undertaker

Will eagleclaw be thrown to the birds.. or foxes I should say .Or will he be buried with the rest of the fallen also.. If I submit a different cat to shc will they be able to survive with ODD... ??

Last edited by Astraea; January 7th, 2021 at 07:20 PM.
Old January 6th, 2021, 10:28 PM
it is what it is

My Mood: Mysterious

@Undertaker

Just out of curiousity, is Dawn Dark Forest aligned? Or a free agent with no ties to the Dark Forest?

TideClan Information: https://scrivenerlit.wixsite.com/tideclan

RP Requests and Bumps:
http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...877#post905877

• Stormcall, RC Deputy •

✧・゚: * always down to rp! ✧・゚: *

-currently travelling for work, so replies may be slower than usual -

Old January 6th, 2021, 11:17 PM
darkness begets light.

// @Undertaker

Also out of curiousity: does Dawn hold respect for anyone at all? Clanmates are all disposable, she doesn't care a thing about StarClan, and most others are simple annoyances and/or possible pawns. How's her relationship with Icestar right now? Since she's become leader, Dawn is no longer searching for Ice's approval, correct?
Have a wonderful day!
Old January 6th, 2021, 11:28 PM
it is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkmb View Post
// @Undertaker

Also out of curiousity: does Dawn hold respect for anyone at all? Clanmates are all disposable, she doesn't care a thing about StarClan, and most others are simple annoyances and/or possible pawns. How's her relationship with Icestar right now? Since she's become leader, Dawn is no longer searching for Ice's approval, correct?
^^^Would also like to know if she has any respect/compassion for others or is a stone cold sociopath.

TideClan Information: https://scrivenerlit.wixsite.com/tideclan

RP Requests and Bumps:
http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...877#post905877

• Stormcall, RC Deputy •

✧・゚: * always down to rp! ✧・゚: *

-currently travelling for work, so replies may be slower than usual -

Old January 10th, 2021, 11:59 PM
Moonraven's brother

@~Fox~
Eagle's not getting buried, he'd get tossed outside the border for the scavengers. Dawn doesn't consider him a clanmate so yeah. As for the ODD, yes, it's highly likely that she'd kill the cat if they're blatantly opposing her. She had very little tolerance for it.

@ghostwriter
Dark forest all the way. She had plans to take over the Dark Forest after she passes, hard to say how realistic that is, but she can dream.

@bmkmb & ghost
At the moment, no, you're either a useful pawn that will die if you upset her enough and the rest are cannon fodder. I would like to see if I could change that in the future, but there's no way she'd ever let anyone close enough to her heart to be considered a weakness, Hail kind of destroy any chance of her ever being compassionate, however, she can respect a cat enough to not kill them immediately for defying her.

I would like to see if I can form some sort of messed up family unit for her, filled with basically diehard Dawn fans and other maniacs because insane families are entertaining, but even if she got a mate/s or some kits, her mate/s would be viewed as bodyguards and kits future soldiers to further her deranged cause, whatever it is at the time.

Her relationship with Ice is rocky at best, Dawn still holds a tremendous amount of respect for her mother, but not enough that it rules her life to an obsessive point. She'd like Ice's approval but won't die without it or go to insane lengths to obtain it any longer. Since becoming a clan leader, she had stepped away from Ice a bit more, finding a new obsession to focus on in the form of Twilightstar and WindClan, destroying her sister is just behind that.

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
Old January 11th, 2021, 12:01 AM
Detective To Justice

Bump Policy: 24 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
@~Fox~
Eagle's not getting buried, he'd get tossed outside the border for the scavengers. Dawn doesn't consider him a clanmate so yeah. As for the ODD, yes, it's highly likely that she'd kill the cat if they're blatantly opposing her. She had very little tolerance for it.
Nice , the foxes will be pleased. being one with ODD... The said cat would barely oppose her. Like little fights and behavior issues. but not to bad! Thanks for the answers

Last edited by Astraea; January 11th, 2021 at 12:03 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2021, 06:43 PM
Moving Forward

Bump Policy: after 3 days, I've been much more active recently.
My Mood: Fanatic

is there any hope of turning dawnstar from being so... harsh to being a good leader? @Undertaker
Flamegaze|Character Creator|Random Art Shop

Last edited by Frozen Reign; January 23rd, 2021 at 06:43 PM.
Old January 25th, 2021, 02:19 PM
Moonraven's brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Reign View Post
is there any hope of turning dawnstar from being so... harsh to being a good leader? @Undertaker

Hmm, well I think she's a 'good' leader, but I get what you mean. No, I like Dawn the way she is, I think she's more exciting and a blast to RP with as she is. She had no interest in becoming this great leader cats can look up to or depend on she's literally just being herself, she had too much trauma to become something more stable, and I highly doubt anyone can get close enough to her to make her see the 'error-in-her-ways'. Even if they did, I don't believe she'd change since there is nothing wrong with her in her mind. Everything...well almost everything she does or is doing, she believes, in the long run, it will better ShadowClan. She doesn't care about labels, judgment, rules, or how many need to die, she's got a goal(sorta) and an obsession(definitely) and she'll see them through no matter what she has to do.

Last edited by Undertaker; January 25th, 2021 at 02:22 PM.
Old January 26th, 2021, 05:37 AM
emergency hiatus

This is just simply an observation + to the Doe mention in the org post
Dawn dislikes cats that has any relation with 'traitors' in her mind correct?
I.e the reason Dawn dislikes Doe was [1) because shes blind] but mainly due to Doe's relationship with Beast, whom Dawn despised.
So say, someone where to be particularly close to a cat that Dawn disliked, that would prompt her to dislike said cat also? At least that's the general vibe I get from Dawn pfft
[ @Undertaker ]