Peachfrost arrived, ready to go.
@carmen @Kay~
Old July 27th, 2023, 10:45 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: WindClan Patrols

@Lillian
At the sound of Fallownose's voice, Cowtuft's attention was beckoned by two names that stood out to him. Mothflower and Mistycloud... both who were currently sneezing up a storm in his den. A soft chuckle escaped from his lips, oh, green-leaf. The pollen it carried knew no mercy. He rose to his large paws and padded out of his den. A mrrow left his maw as Cowtuft attempted to pad up to Fallownose before he left with Scorchedfang.

"Could you.. please replace Mothflower.. and Mistycloud..? Am awfully 'fraid.. they are bit down in my den with... a cold of sorts, " The gentle giant explained, his tail swishing back and forth while he awaited a response from Fallownose.

==> @Starfall @TheNyanCatMinecart
A yawn escaped from Sheepgrowl's at the sounds of Fallownose's voice. Her bushy tail flickered back and forth, a patrol? Well. Might as well, hunting sounded like it could be fun. She rose to her paws and padded up to the camp entrance. At first she thought she was the first to arrive (shocking) but looking around she caught sight of Twistedpaw. Her eyebrows furrowed with mild confusion on why she was standing in the middle of the clearing??? "Oi! Twistedpaw! Get over here, I dunno where the hell Bunnywisp has up and gone so we best get a move on. They can catch up later, " Sheepgrowl barked out.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; July 29th, 2023 at 12:35 AM.
Old July 29th, 2023, 01:35 AM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

彡✧✧ ╰┈➤ HERB PATROLS **•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

[ if you are getting mentioned, it means cowtuft has chosen your character for an herb patrol. if your character cannot participate - please have your character provide an in-character reason so they can be exempted & replaced. in case of emergencies, please contact me via vm/pm and we can work something out! ]

[ failure to communicate will result in a punishment being delivered. a minor punishment will be delivered if there is partial communication. no punishment will be delivered if you communicate. an extension can be requested three days after the due date. however, there will still be an ic reaction of disappointment & a minor punishment. if you request an extension before the due date, there will be no punishment. ]

[ these patrols are due on august 7th by 11:59 EST !! if a patrol is going slow - 42 hours without a reply, you should bump them and skip after 72 hours - you have full permission to take it over and/or finish it yourself. apprentices are not expected to do this alone because of safety reasons. only five herbs should be collected at maximum unless your character has the collector's purrk and/or alternative methods were used. ]

[ cowtuft uses body language & sign language to communicate primarily. any dialogue in italics is in sign / non-verbal, any dialogue in bold is verbal speech. facial blindness prevents him from easily recognizing clanmates and he may be confused. ]

The medicine cat's paws felt itchy with the brewing tension within the clans. The likelihood of something occurring, something disastrous, was strong. Cowtuft had been through this briefly when their tensions with ShadowClan were at their highest. At the very least, his grandmother thought war was coming (and was quite vocal about this fact). He liked to believe WindClan wouldn't be dragged in but alas, he didn't know. Which was why he planned on sending out more herb patrols than usual. With a soft sigh, he exited out of his Den. Heterochromia hues flickering about with caution. Cowtuft hoped this round of patrols would go more successful.

[ Optional Prompt : You're out exploring for a long while that you are able to witness the sunset peeking through the tall aspen trees. The sight is beautiful -- breath-taking. ] Longmoor [ @GANDERGOOSE ] & Owlpaw [ @Woodllow ] & Bramblefur [ @falcity ] - Cobwebs + Yellow Bells [ Broom ] and/or Sunnyfuzzies
If there was cat the medicine cat thought would ensure the success of a herb patrol, it would be Longmoor. Cowtuft searched throughout the Clearing, long feathery tail swishing back and forth. He carried a golden flower with him. She had handled Boot Camp wonderfully after all. Tracking her by scent, he approached her with the dip of his head. "Pardon.. me!! I need you .. to take Poppypaw and .. Bramblefur out to Sunset Grove.. search for cobwebs .. they are likely in the bushes, the crevices.. " He set down the flower he had been carrying to push it towards her. "I.. need you to be on the search for golden flowers.. Specifically a flower called.. Yellow Bell - they.. look like golden buttercups.. and have few thin petals..but it grows along the stem... and I need you to search.. for Sunnyfuzzies.. these flowers.. with thick golden petals.." Cowtuft gestured, smiling brightly at her. "Does that sound .. all right to you..?"

[ Optional Prompt : Woah, what's that in the river? It's stuck on a branch, unmoving in water. Looks like a two-leg item... soft.. plushy.. ,, bee-like? Will you try and grab the bee plushe? ] Scalescar [ @Spirit_life_yt ] & Cedarpaw [ @Froggy ] & Ashtrail [ @falcity ] - Daisy Leaves & Dandelions
Blimey, Cowtuft felt albeit old. He never expected to be putting Scalescar as a patrol leader nor Cedarpaw in a patrol. They had been so small. Where had the time gone? He shook his head, searching throughout the clearing with dandelions in his mouth for Scalescar. After finding him, the gentle giant attempted to nudge the warrior to gather his attention. "Hihii..!! I require.. your assistance..!! Staayy right here.. please, because I am putting you in charge of a herb patrol..!!" Cowtuft gestured and off he went to find Cedarpaw and Ashtrail. After he tried to bring both of them to Scalescar by telling them to "Follow me..!", if he succeeded he would jump into explanation.

"I.. need you three.. to gather dandelions.." He set down the dandelions he had gathered for them to look at. "And.. daisy leaves..! They can be found.. on white flowers.. with a yellow center.. I only really need the leaves.. so I suggest picking only those.. so you are able to carry more..! You can.. go to Twilight Falls.. to find them..!"

[ Non-Optional Prompt : Success! You manage to collect at least Dock Leaves, Tansy, and Yarrow. ] Elkhowl [ @nykyrian ] & Frostpaw [ @The Doctor ] & Brambletail [ @Wermiii ] - Random Herbs
Cowtuft wasn't quite sure about this. The likelihood of him actually attempting to use these herbs was low but Lightningpaw appeared to have an interest. He would try and gather Elkhowl, Frostpaw, and Brambletail all together before jumping into an explanation. "Hello..! This is.. bit of a strange request, but.. I need you three to go out.. and gather random herbs.. Anything goes,, really.. berries.. mushrooms.. flowers, it would be much appreciated. I recommend.. searching in various places.. if you wouldn't all mind..!!"

[ Optional Prompt : Oh,,, gooodnesss. There are quite a bit of flowers that the pollen drives you inside!! ACHHOO!! ] Aspenstrike [ @jupiter ] & Firepaw [ @Darkclaws ] & Heatherwhisker [ @vellichor ] - Marigold & Poppy Flowers & Mushrooms
Second to last patrol. Goodness, Cowtuft didn't understand how Fallownose sent soo many out! His nose was getting bit tired of tracking down cats, then again, he guessed Fallownose didn't do that. He just yelled. He would attempt to gather all three cats he together, flowers in mouth. Making a small gesture with his tail for them to follow in hopes they would succeed. At this point, Cowtuft thought his clanmates were used to he gathered up patrols. "Hiii!!! Aspenstrike.. I would like for you to.. take Firepaw.. and Heatherwhisker.. out to Starry Meadow to gather.. a few things for me..!!" He set down the marigold and poppy flowers. "These .. are the flowers.. I need for you to grab.. and if you can, mushrooms would be.. delightful..! Any are fine, I think.. just no glowing ones..! Ominous, right..?" He giggled quietly, who knew there were glowing ones. Not Cowtuft. Not until Coldamber. Ooh, how he missed Cowplant.

[ Optional Prompt : Bonding Time ] Cowtuft [ @x ghostie ] & Lightningpaw [ @Alchemist Kitsune ] - Honey!
With a sigh, the medicine cat entered into his den. Ah, that had not been his last patrol. Though, this one was fall simpler. Cowtuft was just very determined to get that honey. He already committed to it. "Lightningpaaww..?? Are youu in here...? Small question for you!! Possibly up.. to gather some honey...?" He chirped, looking around. "We'll be heading to the Sky Glade.. !"

[ after your patrol is finished, the patrol leader - the first cat listed - should report in this thread by delivering their herbs to cowtuft or lightningpaw. if you fail to report, cowtuft will confront your character. if the patrol leader has gone missing from the patrol, it is recommended your character comes and does it for them.

Last edited by wolfie; July 29th, 2023 at 08:13 PM. Reason: i am so dumb
Old July 29th, 2023, 10:30 AM
Life is full of surprises

Bump Policy: After 72 hours
My Mood: Tired

Scalescar sighed as he laid with his mother in the clearing, the scarred up blind tom perked as a nudge was felt, fireflame had just been watching as usual. Scalescar listened to the med cat before nodding, his patience stayed as he waited quietly, he soon heard footsteps and felt them, the gentle giant began speaking to him and the other 2 who was his patrol mates. Daisy leaves and dandelions was cowtuft not thinking or was he giving scalescar a chance at probably failing him, how could the tom know what the herbs look like he's blind. Scales at sat up and moved his paws gently towards the herbs getting a gentle touch on them to feel what the would be, he then moved his paws back and gave a nod" I'll do my best cowtuft" he replied before standing up and waiting for the 2 patrolmates cederpaw and ashtrail.
@Froggy @falcity ( I'd recommend having your characters nudge scales at as a sign that they are ready or telling him)
@x ghostie

flareclan sign up - my Youtube channel- Character Bios - Forestclan sign up
Old July 29th, 2023, 07:32 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningpaw |
Flock Together [Tier 1] - Inactive

It had been a restless night. It wasn't just her usual nightmares keeping her up, either. Tensions were at an all time high among the clans. How could they not be, with a medicine cat killing leader on the lose. Of all the horrors she had heard about ShadowClan, not once had she heard anything even remotely close, remotely brutal when compared to what ThunderClan had done. Bumblestar was a menace. The biggest menace the forest had ever seen, and she couldn't help but wonder if her dream, the warning she'd received had to do with her.

Lightningpaw was at the brink, staring deep into the rabbit hole when a familiar voice called to her, perking her large ears. It was rather chipper, instantly bringing a playful smile to her lips. Honey? Wait... they were going to go get honey?! Oh! That sounded like so much fun! She'd never even seen honey... or a bee, as a matter of fact. Just small descriptions here and there. They sounded harmless and kinda cute, actually. Getting honey was probably just messy from the substance itself, she had no idea why cats had such a problem with it.

Stretching herself, the lithe calico bounded swiftly towards her mentor, almond shaped eyes alight with a gleeful, adventurous look to them. "Born ready, Tufty! We'll bring back so much honey we won't have to go get any more until next greenleaf! You'll see," she purred, her tail lashing excitedly as she almost hopped around the gentle giant merrily. They'd been stuck inside camp for far too long these past few days. They were due a happy little outing doing something fun!

-

@x ghostie [Cowtuft]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old July 29th, 2023, 10:30 PM
YIPPEE!!

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Crazy

Longmoor--She/Her
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Longmoor paused her grooming when she noticed Cowtuft approaching, her ears perked as she straightened up. Her head tilted as she watched him sign, taking mental notes of the things the medicine cat had requested, as well as how to identify them. Leaning down, she took a small sniff of the flower and burned the image into her mind as best she could. "Of course, I'll get back to you as soon as I can, hopefully with some of what you've asked for." She nodded, standing with a sweep of her tail and a glance around camp. Herbs weren't her strong suit, but this felt manageable.

She gave Cowtuft a respectful dip of her head before moving away to find her patrol mates. She knew a bit about Owlpaw, even less about Bramblefur, but she trusted they would make up a good patrol. Speaking of the two, she had just found one of them-- "Owlpaw," She dipped her head in a silent greeting. "You'll be joining me and Bramblefur on a herb patrol, I'll let you know what we're looking for once I find Bramblefur." She flicked her tail, beckoning the apprentice to follow her, and whisking away once she confirmed they had.

Bramblefur wasn't hard to find, which was rather relieving. "Bramblefur, you're on a herb patrol with Owlpaw--" She nodded towards him. "--and me, are you ready to go?" Again, her head did a small tilt, a sign that Longmoor's focus was solely on her.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
[ @Woodlow | @falcity ]
Old July 30th, 2023, 12:24 AM
on hiatus

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Fine

Owlpaw
WindClan | Apprentice | He/Them | 4 moons | 6/100
Purrmanent Purrks: Mind Reader; Agatha Kitty
An herb patrol? Owlpaw didn't know the first thing about herbs, but there was always a first time for everything. He gave a silent nod to Longmoor and followed her as she went to fetch Bramblefur.

Owlpaw didn't know either of these cats very well, and he took his time observing the two warriors that he'd be patrolling with. He was excited to get to know them better once they set off.

(Good thing you mentioned me because I didn't get the notification from Ghost! They spelled my name wrong lol~)

@GANDERGOOSE
@falcity

Image of my oc was created using Clangen Cat Maker

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"
Old July 30th, 2023, 10:36 AM
♡ Pixie ♡

Bump Policy: ✩1 week / 48 hrs if Time-limited✩
My Mood: Sad

Houndleaf slowly padded up to Fallownose. "Hey, Fallownose? could I be replaced, I twisted my paw before leaving," he said to the deputy

@Lillian [Fallownose]

(WHy is this so badddddd )

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Pocket Full Of Purrkies
Old July 30th, 2023, 11:07 AM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Fallownose
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

"Moonwhisker! Houndleaf has informed me that he's twisted his paw, so I'm assigning Ashtrail to your patrol in his stead," the deputy called, hoping they hadn't left already.

"Swiftheart, Cowtuft has informed that Mothflower is feeling under the weather, so you can go ahead and leave without them. Peachfrost, Mistycloud also has a cold so it will be just you and Cardinalpaw."

@Pangoligon @RedLeif @silverwynds @Poprock [These patrols are now due August 8th, 11:59PM EST]
Old July 30th, 2023, 02:34 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

(I'm going to make another Twistedpaw post at the Sky Glade momentarily - please post any responses [even if they're to this post] there!)

(WARNING: The spoiled segments of this post contain internalized ableism. Please do not read them if this subject bothers you.)

~ TWISTEDPAW OF WINDCLAN ~

Small, skinny, black she-cat with a light gray belly and tail-tip; has a crooked jaw, mangled tail, and one blind eye.

Placeholder ref sheet can be viewed here.

Twistedpaw jumped out of her skin and then some when a blaring voice barked her name from across the clearing. A distorted squeal wormed its way out of her crooked mouth, intensifying as her round black paws slapped the muddy earth and slid. In her shock, she didn't realize she was about to fall over until it was too late. Plop! The skinny apprentice fell sideways into the muck and grass. Thick, wet sludge sank into her matted pelt, bringing an uncomfortable chill that bit into her bones. Quickly, Twistedpaw scrambled to a standing position, shaking like a leaf. Her side was coated in dripping dark brown, and she could've sworn everyone in the clearing was looking at her. She ducked her head. Oh, StarClan... They all saw that, didn't they? Shame made her tremble harder, heat sparking within her cheeks - a contrast to the cold dread pervading her stomach.

Featherbrained. Such a featherbrained reaction to someone calling her name...

Wh-who was it? Twistedpaw wondered, referring to whoever had called her. Even her thoughts stuttered. She was afraid to look. But whoever it was must be on the patrol with her. That would've been relieving had she recognized the voice - and not fallen over. Twistedpaw lifted her head and spotted a massive, primarily white she-cat standing by the camp entrance. Looking at me. Twistedpaw had been located in the center of the grassy clearing, out for every one of her Clanmates to see. And there would've been more than usual because Fallownose had called for patrols... StarClan, save me!

Twistedpaw kept her head low and hurried over to the other she-cat, who she recognized as Sheepgrowl. The apprentice didn't know a lot about her. She certainly hadn't made a good first impression.

I bet Sheepgrowl thinks I'm worthless, pathetic, and horrible... with my tail and all my other disfigurements... Well, Twistedpaw deserved the scorn. Sheepgrowl learned how to get along with three legs perfectly fine. I can't manage with my tail, jaw, and eye. I'm worse than her, anyway. She's not bad at all. She's a strong cat. I'm just a failure.

When she reached Sheepgrowl, Twistedpaw kept her head down, unable to bring herself to look at the warrior's face. "I-I'm s-s-sorry..." she whimpered, her distorted voice stumbling. "I-I-I kn-know I m-messed up... I-I m-missed Fallownose c-calling the p-patrols... I'll b-be f-faster n-next t-time..."

I'm a waste, a burden, she added silently but didn't say out loud.

Through the haze of shame and embarrassment, Twistedpaw remembered Sheepgrowl saying something about getting a move-on and leaving Bunnywisp behind. She felt even worse. I held us up.

And what if Bunnywisp wasn't on the patrol because he couldn't bear to go with the ugly, disfigured apprentice?
Trying desperately to hold back her tears so she was less of an embarrassment, Twistedpaw went to follow Sheepgrowl out of the camp.

@x ghostie @Starfall

THUNDERCLAN BERRYKIT FINDER!!!

New and Improved Character Bios!