Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
two slow dancers ||...
Last post by MockingRabbit
Today 08:12 AM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by sock
Today 08:07 AM
✩Star's Mass YCH Trade!✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 08:04 AM
._+-kit finder-+_.
by forest
Last post by Quacky
Today 08:00 AM
"What Once was Mine will...
Last post by forest
Today 07:52 AM

Old August 5th, 2018, 11:54 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
it took everything in daydreams willpower to not tackle the tom to the ground with affectionate licks, so they settled on nuzzling the side of his face in greeting. "im sorry about that. with everything thats been going on..its been hard to set paws here sometimes," they mewed. juniperpaw had been the setting stone of their mental health, dwindling very quickly after that. and shinefangs actions didnt help either. god, he was such an idiot. but now they had heatherfur that they were growing close to more and more as the days went on. but it was glad to see a familiar face in all of this mess. they plopped down next to him with a sigh,"sometimes i wish you didnt retire, you know? things were alot cooler between the clans." they mewed casually. they hadnt gotten to know fallenstar directly but..something set them off. there was somethign in that tim that made them dislike him with a passion. "though, seems like he hasnt learned after shinefang hit him at the last gathering."
"...Yeah, I understand. It's gotten a little less tense after awhile, but... now, people are starting to talk about SkyClan again. I miss the older days sometimes... when I was a young warrior and before you were even born, and Otterstar was still leader. Things have changed around here, and... I don't see them getting better, kid," the leader rambled, his tail moving to cover his paws in disappointment. "...The leaders after her, after Bucknight's reign... we're duds who haven't done anything. It's gotten to the point where I don't remember her too much at all... I just remember everyone being happy. Perhaps it'll take more than just a simple slap for Fallenstar to want the same thing, too," he murmured with a long sigh, before stopping his speech in order to glance over Daydream with a smile, a sort of parental instinct kicking in as he finally moved to nuzzle the Medicine Cat back. "...But if more cats were like you, we'd get more done. It's nice to know you're still doing well."
Old August 6th, 2018, 12:06 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring View Post
"...Yeah, I understand. It's gotten a little less tense after awhile, but... now, people are starting to talk about SkyClan again. I miss the older days sometimes... when I was a young warrior and before you were even born, and Otterstar was still leader. Things have changed around here, and... I don't see them getting better, kid," the leader rambled, his tail moving to cover his paws in disappointment. "...The leaders after her, after Bucknight's reign... we're duds who haven't done anything. It's gotten to the point where I don't remember her too much at all... I just remember everyone being happy. Perhaps it'll take more than just a simple slap for Fallenstar to want the same thing, too," he murmured with a long sigh, before stopping his speech in order to glance over Daydream with a smile, a sort of parental instinct kicking in as he finally moved to nuzzle the Medicine Cat back. "...But if more cats were like you, we'd get more done. It's nice to know you're still doing well."
daydream listened carefully. they had heard of all of that, especially bucknight, they had been born right after the whole..evil era is what they called it, right? and otterstar. there werent many cats that were still alive to tell them about her, but from what they could tell by the tone of russets voice, she had been a great leader. "when i was little, before all of this, i wanted to be the greatest warrior the clans had ever seen," they mewed with a chuckle, but it held no humor,"i wanted to maybe be leader one day. change some things." they sighed. they wished they had stuck with that plan. what wouldve happened if it were them instead, daystar? "but ill change things. even as a medicine cat, just for you." they purred quietly, lightning up the mood. sure, leaders and deputies had a say in what wars the clans were in, but it seemed before medcats were just cats to pick up the pieces after that. not anymore. they wanted change. maybe russet wouldnt be around long enough for that change, as sad as it was to think about, but theyd still do it for him. "i was born when you were first made leader, i heard you were really awkward as a newbie," they snorted, nudging his shoulder. "but man - imagine it now. russetstar and daystar, the greatest alliance in all the clans." they said in a giddy hushed tone, even if it was only a dream. a dream that would never come true, but a good dream to think about. they wished things could be simpler than they were right now, but things always seemed to be happening in daydreams life. they couldnt catch a break.
Old August 6th, 2018, 12:27 AM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
daydream listened carefully. they had heard of all of that, especially bucknight, they had been born right after the whole..evil era is what they called it, right? and otterstar. there werent many cats that were still alive to tell them about her, but from what they could tell by the tone of russets voice, she had been a great leader. "when i was little, before all of this, i wanted to be the greatest warrior the clans had ever seen," they mewed with a chuckle, but it held no humor,"i wanted to maybe be leader one day. change some things." they sighed. they wished they had stuck with that plan. what wouldve happened if it were them instead, daystar? "but ill change things. even as a medicine cat, just for you." they purred quietly, lightning up the mood. sure, leaders and deputies had a say in what wars the clans were in, but it seemed before medcats were just cats to pick up the pieces after that. not anymore. they wanted change. maybe russet wouldnt be around long enough for that change, as sad as it was to think about, but theyd still do it for him. "i was born when you were first made leader, i heard you were really awkward as a newbie," they snorted, nudging his shoulder. "but man - imagine it now. russetstar and daystar, the greatest alliance in all the clans." they said in a giddy hushed tone, even if it was only a dream. a dream that would never come true, but a good dream to think about. they wished things could be simpler than they were right now, but things always seemed to be happening in daydreams life. they couldnt catch a break.
"...You'll still be the greatest Medicine Cat the clans have ever seen, if I've got a say in it," Russetswirl murmured, leaning forward to lick the ShadowClanner's forehead in an affectionate manner while he spoke. "Don't do it just for me... do it from your heart, kid. If there's anyone who'll be able to change the fate of these clans... it's you," he smiled, holding back a chuckle at the other cat's joking comments— it was nice to have someone with a positive attitude around, especially since the older tom had become more and more of a grump in his later moons. "Eh, I think my era of leadership is over and done with... though if you became a leader, perhaps I'd think of moving to ShadowClan for a little bit," he murmured with a snort, a subtle jab towards Fallenstar as he spoke. No, he doubted he would ever leave RiverClan, considering he cared more for his clan than he did for his own well-being... but Daydream also happened to hold a special place in his heart, like the Medicine Cat was his own child. He'd support them, even if it was across borders. "...Daystar. Yeah, it's got a ring to it... you've got some potential, even if you aren't a leader, so... don't squander it worrying about cats who've made it clear they won't budge. Put it to good use."
Old August 6th, 2018, 12:38 AM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring View Post
"...You'll still be the greatest Medicine Cat the clans have ever seen, if I've got a say in it," Russetswirl murmured, leaning forward to lick the ShadowClanner's forehead in an affectionate manner while he spoke. "Don't do it just for me... do it from your heart, kid. If there's anyone who'll be able to change the fate of these clans... it's you," he smiled, holding back a chuckle at the other cat's joking comments— it was nice to have someone with a positive attitude around, especially since the older tom had become more and more of a grump in his later moons. "Eh, I think my era of leadership is over and done with... though if you became a leader, perhaps I'd think of moving to ShadowClan for a little bit," he murmured with a snort, a subtle jab towards Fallenstar as he spoke. No, he doubted he would ever leave RiverClan, considering he cared more for his clan than he did for his own well-being... but Daydream also happened to hold a special place in his heart, like the Medicine Cat was his own child. He'd support them, even if it was across borders. "...Daystar. Yeah, it's got a ring to it... you've got some potential, even if you aren't a leader, so... don't squander it worrying about cats who've made it clear they won't budge. Put it to good use."
daydream smiled at that, purring more when russetstar licked their head. they would call him russetstar, because they didnt really like fallen. at all. theyd do something great. whether it was right now or in a few years or so. theyd do something great. "everythings has seemed so crazy recently rus," they sighed, leaning against him and closing their eyes. what theyd do just to take a nap in the sun once and awhile. russet was the last long-term familiar face they really had left. everyone else had either..gone or passed away tragically. it felt comforting to see him again. "ive been training flashpaw, oriolepaw, and heatherfur. i feel like i need a clone of me or something to be able to do it all," they mewed. they looked tired too, but not as bad as hey used to be. ever since they had taken on flashpaw they had been doing better. getting more sleep, eating a bit more. they were still on the skinny and tired side, but learning to take care of themselves. "howve you been lately? whisper and the kits doing fine?"
Old August 6th, 2018, 02:54 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
It was a lot to take in as Mud flanked his brother's side, eyes stretched in curiosity, gazing around the camp. He'd never really seen that many felines in one place, and had to swallow a bit of a nervous lump that had formed in his throat.

"And the ranks are...?" he questioned, head tilting to the side as he watched a younger looking cat chase a beetle around the other side. "I'm assuming one of them is a leader. You can't be this organized without any structure."

Each den seemed different, with new scents drifitng towards him. He could easily detect the nursery, as the strong smell of milk danced from its opening. A grin lit up his face. "I just want to meet this lovely lady of yours. See the feline who got my ol' brother to actually settle down in one spot." Flicking his tail to drive off a natt that had begun to circle it, Mud focused his gaze back to Firehawk. "Though, it doesn't seem half bad. At least you're never lonely, though..."
"There's a few ranks," Firehawk answered. "Kits-- which are cats under six moons, apprentices who're six moons or older and in training to become either a warrior or medicine cat. We only have one medicine cat apprentice at any time, assuming our medicine cat decides to take one. After that, we have warriors. We're responsible for hunting and protecting the Clan. The medicine cat and their apprentice are in charge of healing the injured or sick. If you're hurt, go to them. They'll fix you up."

The younger cat chasing the beetle reminded Firehawk of his own apprentice, Cedarpaw, and he smiled. "Then there's the elders, who're cats no longer capable of serving the Clan or have decided to retire from age and relax for the rest of their moons. The kits will often go to them to listen to stories." Confirming Mud's thoughts, he said: "Fallenstar is our leader. He's responsible for major decisions. Alliances, attacks, exiles... in all honesty, it's a little concerning he's in charge when he's made a point to agitate the other leaders. Rowanflower is his deputy, the second in command and his successor if he dies while she holds that position. She's an adviser to him, and occasionally she'll throw together patrols but for the most part that's up to us. If you decide to join, you can join Cedarpaw-- my apprentice, and I on one to get you used to the territory."

"Ah..." Firehawk gently chuckled. "You realize I chose to stay here before I met her, correct? When we met... I'd already been a warrior for what, twenty moons? I rescued her from the river during Leafbare and helped her back to health. Her condition was... grim." Her health had improved significantly over the moons they were together. "She might be out with some of our kits right now-- they're apprentices right now, they recently became ones!" Firehawk was proud of them. "If we see her, I'll introduce you."

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old August 6th, 2018, 03:59 AM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Northern_Lights~ View Post
(Thank you for the offer~)
@Blazepaw
Oceanpaw listed as Mikadopaw spoke, eyeing the tom curiously. She sighed gently, and cast her gaze elsewhere in the clearing as she thought silently to herself for a moment; her words needed to lift Mikadopaw's spirits, so she'd have to choose them wisely. She smiled softly and shook her head at him, "Mikadopaw, there is so much more to Riverclan then catching fish. It is not how you fair in water, but how you treat the rest of the clan that defines whether or not you are a Riverclan cat. And to me it is clear you belong here," She spoke, her voice soft and nurturing as though she were a queen talking to her kit. Ocean eyes softened at Mikadopaw as she purred softly to him, hoping that her words had helped him to feel better about his lesser fishing abilities. "If not here, then where do you think you belong? In the moors of Windclan? In the forests of Thunderclan? Or in the swamps of Shadowclan? No matter where you go, you will never be exactly like the other cats; and why would you want to be? There is so much more potential and opportunity when a clan is made up of cats of different skills and abilities. We can't all be good at fishing, I'm afraid," She spoke half-jokingly, a playful tone to her voice. She couldn't understand why Mikadopaw lacked such confidence in himself - of course he was a valid member of Riverclan!
Mikadopaw purred at Oceanpaw. As always, she always had something uplifting to say about him. “Thanks Oceanpaw.” He sighed as he placed his tiny fish on the fresh-kill pile. “What should we do now?” He asked. Knowing they had hunted and finished their duties, they each picked something, and sat down next to each other. “Sandysplash just told me shes taking me out today” He wasn’t sure what they were doing. He hadn’t talked to her for days. “I’m not quite sure what we are doing. He kinda just said meet me at the camp enterance at sunhigh. Nothing else.” He began eating his water vole.

Last edited by Blazepaw; August 6th, 2018 at 04:01 AM.
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:21 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

@Blazepaw
Oceanpaw listened as he spoke, taking a few bites out of the small fish she had selected from the fresh-kill pile; strangely, she hadn't found herself very hungry the last few days. She put it down to a lack of appetite, but she was still making sure to eat what she could manage. Once Mikadopaw had finished talking, she waited to finish the bite of fish she had in her mouth before she responded. "Well, I do hope you have fun. I don't want to get in the way, though," She spoke, suggesting to Mikadopaw that it probably be best she remain here rather than watch him train with Sandysplash. She was quite pleased Aspenleaf was busy today, as it meant she had time to relax after training for the last while. Her jaws broke apart as she let out a large yawn, stretching out her front legs in front of her. She basked silently in the warmth of the sun for a moment, her ocean gaze hidden behind closed eyelids as she awaited a response from Mikadopaw.
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:26 AM
INACTIVE - On Discord!

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Northern_Lights~ View Post
@Blazepaw
Oceanpaw listened as he spoke, taking a few bites out of the small fish she had selected from the fresh-kill pile; strangely, she hadn't found herself very hungry the last few days. She put it down to a lack of appetite, but she was still making sure to eat what she could manage. Once Mikadopaw had finished talking, she waited to finish the bite of fish she had in her mouth before she responded. "Well, I do hope you have fun. I don't want to get in the way, though," She spoke, suggesting to Mikadopaw that it probably be best she remain here rather than watch him train with Sandysplash. She was quite pleased Aspenleaf was busy today, as it meant she had time to relax after training for the last while. Her jaws broke apart as she let out a large yawn, stretching out her front legs in front of her. She basked silently in the warmth of the sun for a moment, her ocean gaze hidden behind closed eyelids as she awaited a response from Mikadopaw.
“ok then.” Mikadopaw was beginning to feel tired. “I don’t mind if you come to not,” He yawned “But I guess you probably have jobs to do...” Mikadopaw breath began to slow and he began to fall asleep. Enjoying the warmth of the apprentice, he looked at his half finished vole then at the yawning Oceanpaw, and began to sleep.

[Timeskip after your post, or you got something to do @~Northern_Lights~ ?]

Last edited by Blazepaw; August 7th, 2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old August 6th, 2018, 09:16 AM
20 y/o grill dad

Quote:
daydream smiled at that, purring more when russetstar licked their head. they would call him russetstar, because they didnt really like fallen. at all. theyd do something great. whether it was right now or in a few years or so. theyd do something great. "everythings has seemed so crazy recently rus," they sighed, leaning against him and closing their eyes. what theyd do just to take a nap in the sun once and awhile. russet was the last long-term familiar face they really had left. everyone else had either..gone or passed away tragically. it felt comforting to see him again. "ive been training flashpaw, oriolepaw, and heatherfur. i feel like i need a clone of me or something to be able to do it all," they mewed. they looked tired too, but not as bad as hey used to be. ever since they had taken on flashpaw they had been doing better. getting more sleep, eating a bit more. they were still on the skinny and tired side, but learning to take care of themselves. "howve you been lately? whisper and the kits doing fine?"
"...Are you sure you're ready to handle training three cats at a time? I believe the ThunderClan and SkyClan Medicine Cats have received their full names, so shouldn't they be helping you out?," Russsetswirl questioned, shaking his head in disappointment. "When I said you'd do great things, I didn't mean it as saying you should push yourself too far for it." Waiting for a couple seconds as he listened to the rest of what Daydream had to say, the senior warrior's face brightened for a brief couple of seconds. "...They've been doing well. Cedarkit— or should I say Cedarpaw— is an apprentice now. I'm really proud of him." He murmured with a small smile, before glancing down at his paws with a small sigh, his expression shifting to a more somber one as he shook his head once more. "I wish I'd been there for him a little more. I neglected them, after I resigned... sometimes I feel like I've tried to hard to be a father to the whole clan, and not enough time to be a good one to my own children."
Old August 6th, 2018, 09:21 AM
💙🦌💙

My Mood: Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Deranged Llama

Rainpelt slipped out of the nursery just before dawn, breathing deeply from the free air. The smells in there were all so suffocatingly sweet and damp, from the milk to the borage Heatherfur would bring the new queens to help them make milk. She felt like mildew was beginning to grow on her pelt. She gave it a good shake and stretched out her limped. She had slipped out as quietly as she could, trying not to wake Gailkit and lose out on the moment of peace she would get today. The kit was big enough to tumble and talk now... She was sure she wouldn't get a night of peace until the kit became an apprentice. Rainpelt was counting down the days...
Galekit was asleep in his nest when he felt a minor stirring beside him. He struggled to open his small eyes, grogginess making his moves slow. He lifted his head above the soft nest of moss he was nestled in and peeped out just in time to see his mother slip outside the nursery walls. His eyes widened, all his tiredness gone. Where was she going? Was she leaving him?! Quickly getting to his paws, Galekit stumbled out of the nursery on wobbly legs. The small tom kit exited the nursery a heartbeat later and scampered over toward Rainpelt. "W-what are y-y-you doing-doing?"

@Charmer

Last edited by Jynx; August 13th, 2018 at 09:20 AM.