Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Character interaction and...
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 12:23 AM
~>>Windflowerpaw's.....
by nyx
Last post by ramen
Today 12:23 AM
Doeflame finder
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:12 AM
My characters! (And future...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 12:12 AM
a pawstep between life and...
Last post by occultation
Today 12:11 AM

Old December 22nd, 2016, 01:20 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: Dusk Syndicate Fighters' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
The dark tom was laid down comfortably in his own nest, his pelt bare of any form of injury, any form of blood, anything that messed up the smooth, nearly black color of it. He was perfectly clean, as he always was because that was Hannibal.
When you imagined a cat that killed, you imagined a rugged, crazed looking cat that appeared completely unstable, that practically radiated off the feeling of insanity, that often sneered or had some form of evil look on their face.
But that was not Hannibal. Hannibal was clean, polite, sophisticated even, precise in everything he did and very very intelligent.
He had killed plenty of cats in his time in the clans, eaten a few, but there was one that he found intriguing. It was the Thunderclan healers apprentice, he had stood up for that blind mentor of his, it was stupid, completely idiotic sure, but it was very interesting. Why had the tom cared about that blind cat? Wasn't it 'cruel' to even keep him alive? It was intriguing, but now the tom was dead and there wasn't much more thought to put into it. The tom hadn't even fought well, he had the battle abilities of a sick mouse, like a feeble kit.
Flicking his ears, his orange hues focused on Onyx, one of the guards of the Syndicate, not that the title meant anything to Hannibal at all. Onyx, he had gone to the clans as well. The dark tom said nothing, simply stared, watching the oriental with those fiery eyes that almost seemed to capture hell itself in them.
Now this was intriguing. Onyx could see Hannibal watching him, his eyes like fire. Onyx rose his head, and looked out entrance, seeing the light snowfall. Turning his gaze back to Hannibal, his eyes gave off a rather bored look.
"Didn't your mother ever tell you it was rude to stare?" he meowed.
Onyx knew of his hatred of the rude, and found it odd. The syndicate was full of rude cats, but nonetheless, everyone has their pet-peeve. His eyes gave off a certain glow to them. The deepness of the blue that were his eyes have caused many to freeze in their tracks.
"So, Hannibal, I heard you killed the ThunderClan Medicine Cat Apprentice, no? Some kill for a sophisticated tom like yourself, or was it a bit boring?" Onyx intrigued.
The Oriental's blue orbs showed no emotion, just a bit of boredom. Nothing was going on in the Syndicate for the time being, and so a good chat wasn't often found, nor anyone raving about their most recent kill. No, the Syndicate was still, lost, and weaker than ever.

Last edited by monfang; December 22nd, 2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 01:32 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Fighters' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Moony View Post

Now this was intriguing. Onyx could see Hannibal watching him, his eyes like fire. Onyx rose his head, and looked out entrance, seeing the light snowfall. Turning his gaze back to Hannibal, his eyes gave off a rather bored look.
"Didn't your mother ever tell you it was rude to stare?" he meowed.
Onyx knew of his hatred of the rude, and found it odd. The syndicate was full of rude cats, but nonetheless, everyone has their pet-peeve. His eyes gave off a certain glow to them. The deepness of the blue that were is eyes have caused many to freeze in their tracks.
"So, Hannibal, I heard you killed the ThunderClan Medicine Cat Apprentice, no? Some kill for a sophisticated tom like yourself, or was it a bit boring?" Onyx intrigued.
The Oriental's blue orbs showed no emotion, just a bit of boredom. Nothing was going on in the Syndicate for the time being, and so a good chat wasn't often found, nor anyone raving about their most recent kill. No, the Syndicate was still, lost, and weaker than ever.
The tom wasn't exactly trying to hide the fact that he was watching, he never did, sometimes it made cats squirm where they sat other times it didn't effect them at all, sometimes it was interesting to see what they do when they knew he was looking at them. But no, he wasn't doing that to Onyx, he was simply watching, reading and picking at his body language to make his own assumptions as to what was going through the oriental's mind, an activity he usually liked to do to the other cats and most of the time he was correct.
"My mother never taught me anything and neither did my father. But it's not staring, I'm observing. It's like reading a book really." Meowed the tom in response.
While the Syndicate was full of rude cats, many had the sense not to be rude around the dark tom and kits most certainly seemed to stay away. It wouldn't be surprising to find that queens told their kits scary stories about Hannibal devouring rude kits in order to keep them in line. And whenever there was a rude cat that happened upon Hannibal they were.. Well. They were never really seen around again.
"Indeed, he stopped me from killing their blind healer so I killed him instead. I needed information on the way their healers fight, so it wasn't for sport." The tom flicked his ear, knowing full well that's exactly what Onyx killed for. Hannibal so no class in it, he found it useless, but he didn't bother saying it or expressing it because there was no need to do so.
"He fought like a kit who was just weaned. Their healers are not trained in forms of battle, they're simply taught healing and that's it, they're useless aside from when cats are injured."
Hannibal kept those hues focused solely on Onyx, something he always did during conversation. He wasn't scared of eye contact, he wasn't scared of anything actually, in fact, he enjoyed eye contact. You could learn more about a cat from the emotions that played in their eyes than you ever would whilst speaking to them. You could really learn how a cat ticks by simply looking in their eyes. Their whole being was there. You just needed to know how to read it, and Hannibal.. He certainly knew how to read you.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
The tom wasn't exactly trying to hide the fact that he was watching, he never did, sometimes it made cats squirm where they sat other times it didn't effect them at all, sometimes it was interesting to see what they do when they knew he was looking at them. But no, he wasn't doing that to Onyx, he was simply watching, reading and picking at his body language to make his own assumptions as to what was going through the oriental's mind, an activity he usually liked to do to the other cats and most of the time he was correct.
"My mother never taught me anything and neither did my father. But it's not staring, I'm observing. It's like reading a book really." Meowed the tom in response.
While the Syndicate was full of rude cats, many had the sense not to be rude around the dark tom and kits most certainly seemed to stay away. It wouldn't be surprising to find that queens told their kits scary stories about Hannibal devouring rude kits in order to keep them in line. And whenever there was a rude cat that happened upon Hannibal they were.. Well. They were never really seen around again.
"Indeed, he stopped me from killing their blind healer so I killed him instead. I needed information on the way their healers fight, so it wasn't for sport." The tom flicked his ear, knowing full well that's exactly what Onyx killed for. Hannibal so no class in it, he found it useless, but he didn't bother saying it or expressing it because there was no need to do so.
"He fought like a kit who was just weaned. Their healers are not trained in forms of battle, they're simply taught healing and that's it, they're useless aside from when cats are injured."
Hannibal kept those hues focused solely on Onyx, something he always did during conversation. He wasn't scared of eye contact, he wasn't scared of anything actually, in fact, he enjoyed eye contact. You could learn more about a cat from the emotions that played in their eyes than you ever would whilst speaking to them. You could really learn how a cat ticks by simply looking in their eyes. Their whole being was there. You just needed to know how to read it, and Hannibal.. He certainly knew how to read you.
"No they aren't. They are only used for healing and that's it." Onyx said, the boredom fading from his eyes slightly. "But, a kill is a kill, at least for you, is it not?" he asked. The Oriental's long ears were turned back, his eyes slightly closed.
The tom sat up, and stretched. After grooming his pelt quickly he rose to his paws and walked to the British Shorthair. He observed the other tom, taking note of his strength. He was intelligent as well. A useful resource. Intelligence was a very useful power. You could kill someone with the right mind-tricks.
"Well, Hannibal. Who do you feel should step up as Commander. Someone intelligent, someone feared..." this is one question he wanted to know. One question he wanted to find out about from every Syndicate.
With a small, emotionless grin, he narrowed his eyes slighty.
"Do you think you could be fit for leader?"
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:30 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

"No they aren't. They are only used for healing and that's it." Onyx said, the boredom fading from his eyes slightly. "But, a kill is a kill, at least for you, is it not?" he asked. The Oriental's long ears were turned back, his eyes slightly closed.
The tom sat up, and stretched. After grooming his pelt quickly he rose to his paws and walked to the British Shorthair. He observed the other tom, taking note of his strength. He was intelligent as well. A useful resource. Intelligence was a very useful power. You could kill someone with the right mind-tricks.
"Well, Hannibal. Who do you feel should step up as Commander. Someone intelligent, someone feared..." this is one question he wanted to know. One question he wanted to find out about from every Syndicate.
With a small, emotionless grin, he narrowed his eyes slighty.
"Do you think you could be fit for leader?"
The smoky furred tom merely flicked his tail at Onyx's first comment before pausing to hear the second, his eyes focusing on the oriental momentarily as he processed the words. He knew the answer Onyx would provide if the question was directed back at him, a kill was just a kill for Onyx, that tom only killed for sport, because he wanted to and that's it, with Hannibal, he was more sophisticated with the process, he had reasoning behind the simple desire.
"I.. Am indifferent towards the lives I take yes. But I have reasoning behind each and every one. I don't take a life to simply take a life, it's a waste."
Meowed the tom after a moment, eyes still focused on Onyx. And what Hannibal said was truthful enough, every time he killed, there was a reason behind it, it might simply because he desired to taste the flesh of others after a long time of not having it, but there was always a reason. But he didn't get satisfaction or pleasure out of killing, those feelings were foreign to him, all feelings were foreign to him.

"Hm?" The cannibalistic tom sat in silence for a moment because he truly did not care who became the leader of this Syndicate, it would just be another cocky cat that decided they had the guts to rule over this bunch. Hannibal never cared for leaders because no cat could truly rule over him. Sure he played by the rules for the most part, but that's because he chose to do so, no cat commanded him. He commanded himself. "No one should step up. Everyone should step up. It doesn't matter." Meowed the tom blatantly, indicating that that was the only answer he would give to the question no matter how much Onyx pushed.
"Yes I believe I would be fit for leader. But now isn't the time."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
The smoky furred tom merely flicked his tail at Onyx's first comment before pausing to hear the second, his eyes focusing on the oriental momentarily as he processed the words. He knew the answer Onyx would provide if the question was directed back at him, a kill was just a kill for Onyx, that tom only killed for sport, because he wanted to and that's it, with Hannibal, he was more sophisticated with the process, he had reasoning behind the simple desire.
"I.. Am indifferent towards the lives I take yes. But I have reasoning behind each and every one. I don't take a life to simply take a life, it's a waste."
Meowed the tom after a moment, eyes still focused on Onyx. And what Hannibal said was truthful enough, every time he killed, there was a reason behind it, it might simply because he desired to taste the flesh of others after a long time of not having it, but there was always a reason. But he didn't get satisfaction or pleasure out of killing, those feelings were foreign to him, all feelings were foreign to him.

"Hm?" The cannibalistic tom sat in silence for a moment because he truly did not care who became the leader of this Syndicate, it would just be another cocky cat that decided they had the guts to rule over this bunch. Hannibal never cared for leaders because no cat could truly rule over him. Sure he played by the rules for the most part, but that's because he chose to do so, no cat commanded him. He commanded himself. "No one should step up. Everyone should step up. It doesn't matter." Meowed the tom blatantly, indicating that that was the only answer he would give to the question no matter how much Onyx pushed.
"Yes I believe I would be fit for leader. But now isn't the time."
"Indifferent indeed." Onyx meowed.

Sitting, he licked his paw and wiped it over his muzzle. He respected Hannibal for his eye-contact. Most cats would look away, whether it was him or Hannibal. They had the eyes that would send a cat running for their life.

Onyx gave an emotionless smile as Hannibal gave his careless answer, but it faded into a look of intrigue as he he said he would be fit for leader. Now this is interesting. The cannibal thinks he can rule over the syndicate. Of course, Hannibal had the traits. He was feared, strong, and most of all intelligent. The Syndicate would be interesting with him as Commander indeed.

"Well, Hannibal. I must say I'm surprised. I never expected that answer. Although, you are full of surprises, huh?" Onyx intrigued with a certain, almost evil smile.

I wonder what Hannibal would do exactly as commander...
Old December 23rd, 2016, 05:41 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

"Indifferent indeed." Onyx meowed.

Sitting, he licked his paw and wiped it over his muzzle. He respected Hannibal for his eye-contact. Most cats would look away, whether it was him or Hannibal. They had the eyes that would send a cat running for their life.

Onyx gave an emotionless smile as Hannibal gave his careless answer, but it faded into a look of intrigue as he he said he would be fit for leader. Now this is interesting. The cannibal thinks he can rule over the syndicate. Of course, Hannibal had the traits. He was feared, strong, and most of all intelligent. The Syndicate would be interesting with him as Commander indeed.

"Well, Hannibal. I must say I'm surprised. I never expected that answer. Although, you are full of surprises, huh?" Onyx intrigued with a certain, almost evil smile.

I wonder what Hannibal would do exactly as commander...
He thinks he knows me hm? Many cats think that. Why? I'm not sure, maybe it's because they desire to know me and fool themselves into thinking they know everything about me. Thought the tom as he saw the look of intrigue cross the others face when he mentioned that he did think he had what it took to be leader, it was an easy question so he gave an easy answer. Of course he was more than capable for the spot. And really, it would benefit him, he could display his killings fully, truly get these cats in line and destroy any sort of rudeness that plagues the wily bunch. Get this bunch into shape so that he wouldn't have to deal with the idiocy anymore.
"Why should it surprise you Onyx? Do you really think you know me?" Questioned the tom with a tilt of his head.
The answer to this question will likely be a lie, he wouldn't want to admit that he thought he knew me when he knows he's wrong. I know he watches me. I'd even venture to say that he'd like to kill me 'for sport', as are his ways. So he'd like to fool himself into thinking that he knows me. Hannibal sat as still as ever, relaxed, his face as it usually was, empty, a complete mystery as to whatever he was thinking. How would cats ever get to know this emotionless cat?

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
He thinks he knows me hm? Many cats think that. Why? I'm not sure, maybe it's because they desire to know me and fool themselves into thinking they know everything about me. Thought the tom as he saw the look of intrigue cross the others face when he mentioned that he did think he had what it took to be leader, it was an easy question so he gave an easy answer. Of course he was more than capable for the spot. And really, it would benefit him, he could display his killings fully, truly get these cats in line and destroy any sort of rudeness that plagues the wily bunch. Get this bunch into shape so that he wouldn't have to deal with the idiocy anymore.
"Why should it surprise you Onyx? Do you really think you know me?" Questioned the tom with a tilt of his head.
The answer to this question will likely be a lie, he wouldn't want to admit that he thought he knew me when he knows he's wrong. I know he watches me. I'd even venture to say that he'd like to kill me 'for sport', as are his ways. So he'd like to fool himself into thinking that he knows me. Hannibal sat as still as ever, relaxed, his face as it usually was, empty, a complete mystery as to whatever he was thinking. How would cats ever get to know this emotionless cat?
"Oh, please. No one knows you, but that's the key..." Onyx started, standing up. He walked in a circle around Hannibal.

"Hannibal, you are a complete mystery. You are the darkness of the corner. You have the look that would send others running to their parents. You have the skills of a God, the bite of a snake, and yet still no one can get a smile from you." he said, and sat infront of him. He looked at the tom, staring him dead in the eyes.

"You are an amazing force, and I must say you intrigue me to the ever so slightest. I think you might be a wonderful acquaintance, no? You could be my right-paw tom." he meowed, turning his gaze off a bit towards the entrance. The mound was seeable despite the moonlight hidden by clouds that gave small flurries of snow to the land.

"Although, you wouldn't accept, because you don't need no friends or anything, huh? I mean..." his gaze shifted back to the tom.

"You are Hannibal. An amazing force all his own."

Last edited by monfang; December 23rd, 2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:41 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

"Oh, please. No one knows you, but that's the key..." Onyx started, standing up. He walked in a circle around Hannibal.

"Hannibal, you are a complete mystery. You are the darkness of the corner. You have the look that would send others running to their parents. You have the skills of a God, the bite of a snake, and yet still no one can get a smile from you." he said, and sat infront of him. He looked at the tom, staring him dead in the eyes.

"You are an amazing force, and I must say you intrigue me to the ever so slightest. I think you might be a wonderful acquaintance, no? You could be my right-paw tom." he meowed, turning his gaze off a bit towards the entrance. The mound was seeable despite the moonlight hidden by clouds that gave small flurries of snow to the land.

"Although, you wouldn't accept, because you don't need no friends or anything, huh? I mean..." his gaze shifted back to the tom.

"You are Hannibal. An amazing force all his own."
As Onyx circled him, Hannibal kept his gaze forward for a moment, a very quick and fleeting thought crossing his mind, of gutting this tom right here and now just for the simple fact that he could. But the thought went away in moments. That was not classy, that was not sophisticated, that was ruthless, unclean, far from anything that he would normally do. Though he knew that if he wanted to, he could do it. Onyx certainly wouldn't expect it, they were chatting, he was laid down in his nest, seemingly docile.
But he decided against it, he didn't have a good enough reason to gut him at the moment.

The dark tom said nothing as the other tom flattered him with useless compliments, not a single emotion or any sort of look crossing the toms face, he almost appeared to be made of stone aside from the rhythmic moving of his sides as he drew breath. The words, they meant nothing to him, he was looking for the meaning behind them. Those pits of hell that he called eyes stared right back into the icy depths of Onyx's, gaze unwavering.

So that's what he's getting at with these meaningless words. He simply wants me on his side. Perhaps it was because of fear? Or maybe because he's power hungry. Whatever it is, perhaps I'll play along, let him get cozy hm? Meanwhile his face remained as stoic as ever, gaze focused on Onyx still as the tom looked towards the entrance of the den where the leader's mound was in sight.

"Don't put words in my mouth or make assumptions aloud Onyx, some may consider it rude." His pupils narrowed slightly, but not for any particular reason, it could be mistaken as anger, but Hannibal doesn't feel such emotions.

"Perhaps if you spoke with me more, then we would be on better terms of acquaintanceship. It simply can't be expected of two cats who hardly speak. How many times have we spoken hm? Twice?"

Onyx was truly trekking on dangerous path here.

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
As Onyx circled him, Hannibal kept his gaze forward for a moment, a very quick and fleeting thought crossing his mind, of gutting this tom right here and now just for the simple fact that he could. But the thought went away in moments. That was not classy, that was not sophisticated, that was ruthless, unclean, far from anything that he would normally do. Though he knew that if he wanted to, he could do it. Onyx certainly wouldn't expect it, they were chatting, he was laid down in his nest, seemingly docile.
But he decided against it, he didn't have a good enough reason to gut him at the moment.

The dark tom said nothing as the other tom flattered him with useless compliments, not a single emotion or any sort of look crossing the toms face, he almost appeared to be made of stone aside from the rhythmic moving of his sides as he drew breath. The words, they meant nothing to him, he was looking for the meaning behind them. Those pits of hell that he called eyes stared right back into the icy depths of Onyx's, gaze unwavering.

So that's what he's getting at with these meaningless words. He simply wants me on his side. Perhaps it was because of fear? Or maybe because he's power hungry. Whatever it is, perhaps I'll play along, let him get cozy hm? Meanwhile his face remained as stoic as ever, gaze focused on Onyx still as the tom looked towards the entrance of the den where the leader's mound was in sight.

"Don't put words in my mouth or make assumptions aloud Onyx, some may consider it rude." His pupils narrowed slightly, but not for any particular reason, it could be mistaken as anger, but Hannibal doesn't feel such emotions.

"Perhaps if you spoke with me more, then we would be on better terms of acquaintanceship. It simply can't be expected of two cats who hardly speak. How many times have we spoken hm? Twice?"

Onyx was truly trekking on dangerous path here.
With his last words, a dark smile crossed Onyx's maw. He knew about Hannibal's hatred to the rude, or if he could even call it that.

Well, this has taken a very interesting turn. he thought.

"Rude? Or maybe respect. You have that from me. The least I can get is the same in return. What is it that makes you so stoic?" he asked, his pupils shrinking into a very dark look.

"And I don't need to talk to you. I have, observed you for moons. I know your skills. You use mind tricks to lure in your prey, then you strike!" he said.

"But I am not one to subcome to your mind games, Hannibal. You can learn alot from a cat's gaze. Your's is no different. You don't like me, do you. I can't say hate, you know no such thing, but you very much so want me gone, don't you." he asked.

He knew he was stepping on the snake's tail, but he wanted to see if it would bite.

Last edited by monfang; December 23rd, 2016 at 08:57 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:17 PM
Lovable Cannibal

Quote:

With his last words, a dark smile crossed Onyx's maw. He knew about Hannibal's hatred to the rude, or if he could even call it that.

Well, this has taken a very interesting turn. he thought.

"Rude? Or maybe respect. You have that from me. The least I can get is the same in return. What is it that makes you so stoic?" he asked, his pupils shrinking into a very dark look.

"And I don't need to talk to you. I have, observed you for moons. I know your skills. You use mind tricks to lure in your prey, then you strike!" he said.

"But I am not one to subcome to your mind games, Hannibal. You can learn alot from a cat's gaze. Your's is no different. You don't like me, do you. I can't say hate, you know no such thing, but you very much so want me gone, don't you." he asked.

He knew he was stepping on the snake's tail, but he wanted to see if it would bite.
"You call making assumptions and putting words into another cats mouth respect?" Inquired the tom with a slight tilt of his head, his face still as straight and as neutral as ever, giving no sign of any sort of provocation or that the words had effected him at all.

"What makes me so stoic you ask? How is it that I 'hide' my emotions so well? I'm not sure if it's occurred to you or not, but perhaps it's because I bear no emotions at all."

"And do you think I haven't noticed? Don't you think that perhaps I've been putting on a little show, a little act for you to lead you in the wrong direction just so that you can make a fool out of yourself in front of me? In your vain attempt with dull flattery to get me on your side and save your hide?" Meowed the tom flatly, his heartbeat not accelerating a single beat as he spoke to the other tom.

"You think you've learned something from my gaze? Are you truly looking that hard that you're fooling yourself into seeing and believing in false truths?" The tom paused a smile that looked truly genuine, though was a simple movement of muscles that he copied from other cats, formed on his lips.
"You've made a wrong assumption Onyx. The thing is, I don't care if you're gone or not, if you're dead, if you're alive, it doesn't matter to me. Why would your life matter to me at all? Do you think you deserve my attention more than other cats? Would you like for me to wish for you to be dead?"

Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?