Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A couple questions
by mars
Last post by Fading
Today 01:52 PM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by hermeswind
Today 01:47 PM
roleplay reminders!
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 01:46 PM
[p] sugar sweetens under...
Last post by nyx
Today 01:43 PM

Old December 2nd, 2016, 03:41 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

@Brooklyn Trees

"Correct," he praised. It was disappointing she didn't recognize cobwebs as well. It was almost as common as sticks. "The leaf is dock, the white webbing is cobwebs, and the seeds are poppy." Ebonypaw hadn't provided any indication she had an inkling for their use, so he continued. "Sticks have two primary uses: they can be used to set broken limbs, and they can be given to a queen during kitting to alleviate pain. Poppy seeds are another painkiller, but they can not be given to a queen. Especially during kitting. One of the attributes of poppy seeds is that they cause cats to fall asleep, and if a queen fell asleep while in labor .. it risks both their life and the kits."

Awaiting a moment to let that sink in, he went on. "Cobwebs are fairly simple. They're primarily used to stop bleeding, and can be used as a binding for poultices and sticks. Depending on the severity of the wound, they can be soaked through -- so just be ready to add more."

"Now dock can be used to make a slippery substance, and if a cat's caught in a trap, that can be rubbed on their pelt to release them. It's also useful for bellyaches and scratches -- it's not an antibiotic like marigold but it serves to soothe them." Taking a break from speaking, the spirit glanced from the medicinal objects to the apprentice. "Did you get all that?"

Last edited by BEAR.; December 2nd, 2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 04:16 PM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
@Brooklyn Trees

"Correct," he praised. It was disappointing she didn't recognize cobwebs as well. It was almost as common as sticks. "The leaf is dock, the white webbing is cobwebs, and the seeds are poppy." Ebonypaw hadn't provided any indication she had an inkling for their use, so he continued. "Sticks have two primary uses: they can be used to set broken limbs, and they can be given to a queen during kitting to alleviate pain. Poppy seeds are another painkiller, but they can not be given to a queen. Especially during kitting. One of the attributes of poppy seeds is that they cause cats to fall asleep, and if a queen fell asleep while in labor .. it risks both their life and the kits."

Awaiting a moment to let that sink in, he went on. "Cobwebs are fairly simple. They're primarily used to stop bleeding, and can be used as a binding for poultices and sticks. Depending on the severity of the wound, they can be soaked through -- so just be ready to add more."

"Now dock can be used to make a slippery substance, and if a cat's caught in a trap, that can be rubbed on their pelt to release them. It's also useful for bellyaches and scratches -- it's not an antibiotic like marigold but it serves to soothe them." Taking a break from speaking, the spirit glanced from the medicinal objects to the apprentice. "Did you get all that?"
Ebonypaw's eyes widened as Aconiteheart began to speak before she forced them to go back to their general position. She could end up killing cats if she wasn't careful, something that she wasn't too excited about actually. The she-cat looked at them carefully as he spoke, trying to create a general list in her mind of what the tom was saying, and continued to do so, repeating his words in her mind as he asked if she had gotten all of that.

The she-cat looked up at the tom and nodded.
"Yes. I think." She mewed, and then asked a question that had entered her mind as he spoke. A word that she had not heard before.
"What's marigold?" She figured that they would get to it later, but she was curious about what this plant could do, and also to figure out what an antibiotic was.

She went back to carefully dragging her eyes over the four plants on the floor. She had a good memory if she was trying to remember things, she was just afraid that she would forget one of the important things, like 'do not give a poppy seed to a queen who is kitting', and also to try to remember what each looked like individually.

Hi! I’m Brook, but call me whatever you wish =^^=. I’m unfortunately not very active, and though I may come back every once in a while to say Hi, I’m not sure if I’ll get back to Roleplaying or not. Miss you guys.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 11:34 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

@Brooklyn Trees

Accidentally killing a cat was always a concern, but experience went a long ways, and given time he was certain Ebonypaw would become more comfortable with the idea of her clan-mates lives being in her paws.

"Marigold is a low-grown flower; normally yellow, but you can see it in orange. It's used to stop infections - hence why I referred to it as an antibiotic, but it can also be used for stopping bleeding and treating the inflammation of stiff joints. I would use cobwebs over it for bleeding however; it's more common and does the job just as well! To apply it -- you normally chew it up and spit the juices onto the injury. You can also use it in a poultice, which is a herbal mixture bound to a wound."

"Ah.. oh, yes! Cobwebs are just pressed directly to the wound. Poppy seeds are given orally - that is, they eat it, and dock can be as well if you're using it for bellyaches. You can also chew dock and spit the juices on the scratches that're being bothersome. The juices are also the substance you can rub on pelts to help them escape. You'll come to learn many of these are the same procedure."

"I hope I'm not going too fast..? I know I can ramble off, and I'm not entirely organized, so if there's something that's not making sense, please let me know." It was just - nice to be able to talk to someone again. Shatteredstar didn't exactly provide the best company.

Last edited by BEAR.; December 2nd, 2016 at 11:34 PM.
Old December 24th, 2016, 12:45 AM
Word Nerd~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
@Brooklyn Trees

Accidentally killing a cat was always a concern, but experience went a long ways, and given time he was certain Ebonypaw would become more comfortable with the idea of her clan-mates lives being in her paws.

"Marigold is a low-grown flower; normally yellow, but you can see it in orange. It's used to stop infections - hence why I referred to it as an antibiotic, but it can also be used for stopping bleeding and treating the inflammation of stiff joints. I would use cobwebs over it for bleeding however; it's more common and does the job just as well! To apply it -- you normally chew it up and spit the juices onto the injury. You can also use it in a poultice, which is a herbal mixture bound to a wound."

"Ah.. oh, yes! Cobwebs are just pressed directly to the wound. Poppy seeds are given orally - that is, they eat it, and dock can be as well if you're using it for bellyaches. You can also chew dock and spit the juices on the scratches that're being bothersome. The juices are also the substance you can rub on pelts to help them escape. You'll come to learn many of these are the same procedure."

"I hope I'm not going too fast..? I know I can ramble off, and I'm not entirely organized, so if there's something that's not making sense, please let me know." It was just - nice to be able to talk to someone again. Shatteredstar didn't exactly provide the best company.
Ebonypaw flicked her ear. She was trying to sort through the new information as quickly as possible and though he was going quite fast she was paying close attention. Not that it wasn't difficult of course, but she had at least retained the information of what those herbs were called, mostly what they were used for and at least a bit of how to apply them. Even with what she had retained from it she probably wouldn't admit if she didn't understand something anyways, she wasnt sure how that would play out but admitting deficiency had never been something that she was particularly good at.

Then again, if she didn't admit her confusion when she came across it then that could result in... Very bad things. She wouldn't doubt her common sense, like the fact that it was probably not a good idea to have somebody eat cobwebs, about those things if it came to that, though her common sense wasn't always very reliable. Actually maybe you were supposed to feed cobwebs to somebody for a specific reason or another? She tried to push away her earlier thought of 'you shouldn't do that' so that it wouldn't counteract her ideas of how she was supposed to do things if she was told otherwise later on.

"I'll let you know." She mewed, not sure if she would keep this half-promise of hers when it actually came to it. She didn't want to put anybody's life on the line but she also didn't want to admit that she could be wrong about something. She decided to push her thoughts away and go over it again if it came to it so that she could spend more time committing the facts that she had just been given to memory. She knew that she had no difficulty remembering things if she was trying to but she didn't want to take any chances for a first time forgetting.

(Sorry if some of my sentences don't make much sense it's a bit late here and for some reason I'm not able to properly construct sentences when I'm tired, which is how one of my essays ended up with 'the symbolization of the symbols symbolizing' one night... I'm going to stop rambling now and just post this XD)

Hi! I’m Brook, but call me whatever you wish =^^=. I’m unfortunately not very active, and though I may come back every once in a while to say Hi, I’m not sure if I’ll get back to Roleplaying or not. Miss you guys.
Old January 13th, 2017, 09:12 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

@Brooklyn Trees @Nighty
Auroraflame heaved herself into the Medicine Cat Den, the pungent smell of herbs immediately hit her nose. Not being used to the smell, she wrinkled her nose. On her back, lay an unconcious Cliffheart. She had put him on her back when he fell unconcious. The tom wasn't what she could call 'light as a feather', but he wasn't fat, he was pretty normal. It was quite hard having to walk back with an unconcious cat, for though they wouldn't feel the pain in it, she was scared she might drop him and damage his leg further. "Ebonypaw!", Auroraflame called, her icy blues hues searched the den for the Medicine Cat. It didn't take long for the deputy to find the she cat. "Cliffheart was hunting with me when something happened and he injured his injured leg to the point where he fell unconcious", Auroraflame explained. Now, Auroraflame was quite calm, she wasn't too worried but she did have some concern for the tom. She trusted that Ebonypaw would take care of him well. Having Cliffheart limp on her back made her leg become rather tired, so she spotted a nest and lay him down in it carefully, trying not to hurt the tom.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Last edited by Empress Of Evil; January 13th, 2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old January 13th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Word Nerd~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post
@Brooklyn Trees @Nighty
Auroraflame heaved herself into the Medicine Cat Den, the pungent smell of herbs immediately hit her nose. Not being used to the smell, she wrinkled her nose. On her back, lay an unconcious Cliffheart. She had put him on her back when he fell unconcious. The tom wasn't what she could call 'light as a feather', but he wasn't fat, he was pretty normal. It was quite hard having to walk back with an unconcious cat, for though they wouldn't feel the pain in it, she was scared she might drop him and damage his leg further. "Ebonypaw!", Auroraflame called, her icy blues hues searched the den for the Medicine Cat. It didn't take long for the deputy to find the she cat. "Cliffheart was hunting with me when something happened and he injured his injured leg to the point where he fell unconcious", Auroraflame explained. Now, Auroraflame was quite calm, she wasn't too worried but she did have some concern for the tom. She trusted that Ebonypaw would take care of him well. Having Cliffheart limp on her back made her leg become rather tired, so she spotted a nest and lay him down in it carefully, trying not to hurt the tom.
Ebonypaw pricked her ears at the sudden calling of her name. The tuxedo she-cat was still having difficulty distinguishing the scent of cats over the scent of the many different plants that lay inside the herb store.
The dark she-cat turned around from where she had been silently going through the things that the ancient Starclan tom Aconiteheart had taught her in the sleep-training of the previous night to be sure that she remembered everything that they had gone through. Ebonypaw was surprised to see Auroraflame, the she-cat that she had once spoken to in the territory, standing with an unconscious tom draped across her back.
She followed the older she-cat as she padded across the den and watched the tom being lowered into the moss nest before padding up to the other side of the unconscious tom.
Being unsure as to what exactly was wrong with his leg she remembered back to the night before when she was taught of a few injuries. Carefully, she tested for the still limited amount of leg injuries that she knew of. There could be thousands out there that she was still unaware about.
"Ruptured ligament." She mewed, glancing up at the Skyclan deputy for a moment. She was pretty sure it was a ruptured ligament anyways. She went through a mental recap of what she was supposed to get for a ruptured ligament and then padded over to the herb store again, crouching down next to it and pawing softly at the leaves and flowers trying to find what she was looking for.
Old January 13th, 2017, 01:10 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post
@Brooklyn Trees @Nighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees View Post
Ebonypaw pricked her ears at the sudden calling of her name. The tuxedo she-cat was still having difficulty distinguishing the scent of cats over the scent of the many different plants that lay inside the herb store.
The dark she-cat turned around from where she had been silently going through the things that the ancient Starclan tom Aconiteheart had taught her in the sleep-training of the previous night to be sure that she remembered everything that they had gone through. Ebonypaw was surprised to see Auroraflame, the she-cat that she had once spoken to in the territory, standing with an unconscious tom draped across her back.
She followed the older she-cat as she padded across the den and watched the tom being lowered into the moss nest before padding up to the other side of the unconscious tom.
Being unsure as to what exactly was wrong with his leg she remembered back to the night before when she was taught of a few injuries. Carefully, she tested for the still limited amount of leg injuries that she knew of. There could be thousands out there that she was still unaware about.
"Ruptured ligament." She mewed, glancing up at the Skyclan deputy for a moment. She was pretty sure it was a ruptured ligament anyways. She went through a mental recap of what she was supposed to get for a ruptured ligament and then padded over to the herb store again, crouching down next to it and pawing softly at the leaves and flowers trying to find what she was looking for.
Cliffheart's dust tinted body hit the nest where Auroraflame had dropped him off. His frame landed with a small thud. It wasn't much, nor nothing to do damage, but is was enough to shake away the darkness that had rendered him unconscious. He blinked his pastel green eyes a few times, making sure he was sure of what he was seeing. He saw the slightly blurred form of Auroraflame nearby, but something was different. The last thing the tom remembered was him in the territory, loosing the rabbit in the chase. At that moment he realized the throbbing pain, less now than it had been earlier, yet still sore. As he became more aware of his surroundings, the strong pungent scent of herbs wafted across his nose. He lifted his head warily gazing around, catching a glimpse of Ebonypaw's black fur in the shadows as she sorted through her herbs. "Auroraflame?" he asked weakly turning his head towards the deputy. "What exactly happened out there?" He asked. He knew there was pain in his twisted leg, but he didn't have much memory on the subject, nor did he know why his leg had the pain like it did.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old January 13th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Word Nerd~

[QUOTE=Nighty;127744]
Cliffheart's dust tinted body hit the nest where Auroraflame had dropped him off. His frame landed with a small thud. It wasn't much, nor nothing to do damage, but is was enough to shake away the darkness that had rendered him unconscious. He blinked his pastel green eyes a few times, making sure he was sure of what he was seeing. He saw the slightly blurred form of Auroraflame nearby, but something was different. The last thing the tom remembered was him in the territory, loosing the rabbit in the chase. At that moment he realized the throbbing pain, less now than it had been earlier, yet still sore. As he became more aware of his surroundings, the strong pungent scent of herbs wafted across his nose. He lifted his head warily gazing around, catching a glimpse of Ebonypaw's black fur in the shadows as she sorted through her herbs. "Auroraflame?" he asked weakly turning his head towards the deputy. "What exactly happened out there?" He asked. He knew there was pain in his twisted leg, but he didn't have much memory on the subject, nor did he know why his leg had the pain like it did.
[/QUOTE

Ebonypaw continued to paw around her store until she had found the objects that she had been looking for. The nine moon old she-cat began to drag a vine and a few sticks towards the tom, heading around towards the other side of the tom from where Auroraflame stood to access the Tom's twisted leg. She quietly prepared and attached the splint to Cliffheart's leg as she listened to the tom, who seemed to have woken up. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? She asked herself. She saw to that the splint was attached to the tom's leg and went in search of a poppy seed. Poppy seeds for pain. She thought to herself, drawing her pink tongue over the pads of one of her white paws before poking it softly at the small black seeds that lay in the leaf wrap that she had undone.
Old January 14th, 2017, 10:48 PM
It’s ya boi nighty

My Mood: Queenly

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Trees;128520]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
[/QUOTE

Ebonypaw continued to paw around her store until she had found the objects that she had been looking for. The nine moon old she-cat began to drag a vine and a few sticks towards the tom, heading around towards the other side of the tom from where Auroraflame stood to access the Tom's twisted leg. She quietly prepared and attached the splint to Cliffheart's leg as she listened to the tom, who seemed to have woken up. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? She asked herself. She saw to that the splint was attached to the tom's leg and went in search of a poppy seed. Poppy seeds for pain. She thought to herself, drawing her pink tongue over the pads of one of her white paws before poking it softly at the small black seeds that lay in the leaf wrap that she had undone.
Cliffharts gaze followed the apprentice as she shuffled around the den pulling out various items and herbs. He watched her, somewhat curiously. He had been slightly interested in healing and medicine as a kit, but quickly lost the passion as he trained to be a warrior, loving the exhilaration it brought him. He loved the freedom of being a warrior, and the freedom and training had wiped all thought of medicine cats. He had been in this cafe a few times, mostly when he was a kit and his leg was first checked over and it was confirmed that the twist would be permanent. Other than that, he had never spent much time in the den itself. He gazed around, his eyes trailing over the roof of the den, and along the back walls where the young medicine cat stored her herbs. He watched as she pulled a long tendrils towards him along with a stick. Rather confused, he cocked his Sandy colored head, wondering what she was about to do. Then as she moved towards his leg, reality struck him, and he knew it was most likely going to hurt when she tightened it. He felt a small sting of pain as she placed the sling around his injured leg, and bit back a cry of agony. He didn't need the medicine cat viewing him as a weak, insufficient cat as well.
~~ I’m trying to come back. All my character will be scrapped and I’ll be starting over. Some of my characters will remain in Starclan, all my main ones. They’re open for roleplay if you would like that. Other than that I’m starting over completely. ~~
Old January 15th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Word Nerd~

[QUOTE=Nighty;130830]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees View Post
Cliffharts gaze followed the apprentice as she shuffled around the den pulling out various items and herbs. He watched her, somewhat curiously. He had been slightly interested in healing and medicine as a kit, but quickly lost the passion as he trained to be a warrior, loving the exhilaration it brought him. He loved the freedom of being a warrior, and the freedom and training had wiped all thought of medicine cats. He had been in this cafe a few times, mostly when he was a kit and his leg was first checked over and it was confirmed that the twist would be permanent. Other than that, he had never spent much time in the den itself. He gazed around, his eyes trailing over the roof of the den, and along the back walls where the young medicine cat stored her herbs. He watched as she pulled a long tendrils towards him along with a stick. Rather confused, he cocked his Sandy colored head, wondering what she was about to do. Then as she moved towards his leg, reality struck him, and he knew it was most likely going to hurt when she tightened it. He felt a small sting of pain as she placed the sling around his injured leg, and bit back a cry of agony. He didn't need the medicine cat viewing him as a weak, insufficient cat as well.
Ebonypaw padded over, walking slightly lopsided as she tried not to crush the poppy seed that she had on her paw, walking up beside the deputy and extending her paw to him. The young feline had been silent until then, trying to draw as much from her memories as possible so that she didn't shmuck up with the splint. Now that the splint was on now though, she wasn't thinking as much. She had a good memory anyways, but still...
"Here, eat this. It's a poppy seed, it'll help with the pain." She mewed, leaving her paw extended for the tom to lap up the small black orb. She certainly wasn't very professional, but she was only nine moons old. As for brief speech, she thought he may want to know what he was eating, since she had no clue what the commonly known herbs were, having not been a warrior apprentice for much more than a moon, and speaking quickly since she wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do next or how else to explain a poppy seed. She swept her long black tail along the ground behind her as she often did.

(Is Cliffheart going to stay in the medicine den or in the warriors den now that he is going to have to have limited to no mobility?)