Today 10:19 AM

Old April 21st, 2024, 12:24 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolomedes View Post

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze smiled at the warrior, "Well you got prey so that's all that matters in the end, right? Do you want to move more up river to see if we can find some more?" The lionheart offered, if Mudsmoke wants to wait here for the fish to start coming through again that was fine by him as well. It just may be quicker to move. Seabreeze looked to the two fish, pleased with the catches so far. This hunting was going great! Maybe they should do some land hunting as well? Seabreeze should probably practice that soon so he didn't get rusty, as much as he would rather only fish, land hunting was just as important. The tom got to his paws and padded over to Mudsmoke and waited for the warrior's call on moving or not.
[ ooc note! The counter at the bottom of my posts are for seabreeze's catches! not the total! Cats can carry up to 5 things (prey and/or herbs) or 8 if they have 'the collector' purrk like Seabreeze does. :3 ]
[ 1/8; 1 Salmon! ]

|[ Mud'Smoke]|
he/him | 21 moons | RC warrior | more of a hunter
"ACTIVE"
__________________________________________________ ___
He turned to look up river, that was the most efficient way to get more fish instead of just sitting here and waiting, then again maybe some land prey won't be to bad aswell. "You're right, there should be more fish in a different part of the river, that and on our way we might aswell hunt a bit of land prey" He decided, making up his mind he picked up the brown Trout and started following the river.

He kept to the path that many had trodden on before him and made sure not to step on any twigs or branches this time, in hopes he might stumble across a shrew or mouse. Any tiny land prey He could easily kill with out messing up. Again. "So what being a lionheart like? Is it different than being a warrior or?" He asked Seabreeze trying to start small talk, and he was genuinely curious anyway. "Like what do you guys do?"

Inventory: |{Trout; 1/5}|

[0_o oh, oops. Sorry still learning things thanks for the info tho :3 ]
__________________________________________________ _

Last edited by burntToast; April 21st, 2024 at 02:23 PM.
Old April 21st, 2024, 12:58 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by burntToast View Post

|[ Mud'Smoke]|
"ACTIVE"
He turned to look up river, that was the most efficient way to get more fish instead of just sitting here and waiting, then again maybe some land prey won't be to bad aswell. "You're right, there should be more fish in a different part of the river, that and on our way we might aswell hunt a bit of land prey" He decided, making up his mind he picked up the brown Trout and started following the river.

He kept to the path that many had trodden on before him and made sure not to step on any twigs or branches this time, in hopes he might stumble across a shrew or mouse. Any tiny land prey He could easily kill with out messing up. Again. "So what being a lionheart like? Is it different than being a warrior or?" He asked Seabreeze trying to start small talk, and he was genuinely curious anyway. "Like what do you guys do?"

[0_o oh, oops. Sorry still learning things thanks for the info tho :3 ]

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 17 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |

The lionheart nodded, Mudsmoke was a good one, Seabreeze thinks and that was what they needed. His blue eyes moved from the river and to the other after making sure cover up the fish so nothing too curious decided to try and take their prey while they were gone. Land prey was always a bit more active around this time of season, when it started to get warmer and things start waking up from their nests, too hungry to think of the danger that lurks nearby. In some ways, cats were the same. Seabreeze's wandering gaze settled on the warrior as he spoke. Hmmm...well ummm, to be honest, Seabreeze's was asking himself that sometimes. He took a moment to think through his words before responding, "I am a lionheart, they are different from warriors. They are umm, well they are kind of the top of the top warriors, you know? We have more responsibilities, especially with the lack of deputy, and we have more authority around camp too. There is also the head lionheart who is in charge of the Lionhearts, that's Dusklion." He started, wincing when he realized how vague that still was. How should he add on to that. Seabreeze waited a few more pawsteps before continuing, "We help fill in the place of missing high ranks and we help Fadingsun keep the clan running smoothly. The high ranks can't be everywhere at once so that's when the Lionhearts step in to help!" He hoped that was a good enough explanation, if it wasn't hopefully Mudsmoke just asked something more specific. Seabreeze wasn't sure what else there was to explain to the role. It wasn't super complicated in his opinion.

As he waited the sound of skittering to his right caught his attention and he turned his attention towards it immediately. Dropping down into a hunter's crouch easily with ease. It was likely a mouse or something similar. He crawled through the river reeds, hoping that Mudsmoke knew to stay quiet, which Seabreeze was sure he did. Eventually, his blue eyes made contact on the tiny body of a mouse, just like he had suspected. Seabreeze slowly crawled forward until he was in pouncing range. One two three! The lionheart dashed forward, managing to miss the mouse with his pounce but managed to throw a paw at it. It caught and sent the mouse flying towards a nearby tree, in which the lionheart was able to pounce and land this time. He bit and killed it quickly. After burying and making a note of it placement he turned around to Mudsmoke with a sheepish expression. Then after making eye contact for less than a second, Seabreeze took a moment to fix the fur around his chest scars.

"I am..uhh, I'm a bit better at fishing." He offered, an embarrassed laugh escaping him with the words as nerves got the better of him. I mean, at least he got the mouse, despite missing such a easy pounce at first. He was such a mess, moments like these and just about every other waking moment was why Seabreeze was still in disbelief that he was named as a lionheart. He padded back to Mudsmoke's side to continue walking with the warrior up the river.

[ +1 Mouse ]
[ 2/8; 1 Salmon, 1 Mouse ]

[ No worries! It takes some getting used to! You are doing very good! I really like reading your posts! ]
Old April 21st, 2024, 04:19 PM

Quote:

Seabreeze

The lionheart nodded, Mudsmoke was a good one, Seabreeze thinks and that was what they needed. His blue eyes moved from the river and to the other after making sure cover up the fish so nothing too curious decided to try and take their prey while they were gone. Land prey was always a bit more active around this time of season, when it started to get warmer and things start waking up from their nests, too hungry to think of the danger that lurks nearby. In some ways, cats were the same. Seabreeze's wandering gaze settled on the warrior as he spoke. Hmmm...well ummm, to be honest, Seabreeze's was asking himself that sometimes. He took a moment to think through his words before responding, "I am a lionheart, they are different from warriors. They are umm, well they are kind of the top of the top warriors, you know? We have more responsibilities, especially with the lack of deputy, and we have more authority around camp too. There is also the head lionheart who is in charge of the Lionhearts, that's Dusklion." He started, wincing when he realized how vague that still was. How should he add on to that. Seabreeze waited a few more pawsteps before continuing, "We help fill in the place of missing high ranks and we help Fadingsun keep the clan running smoothly. The high ranks can't be everywhere at once so that's when the Lionhearts step in to help!" He hoped that was a good enough explanation, if it wasn't hopefully Mudsmoke just asked something more specific. Seabreeze wasn't sure what else there was to explain to the role. It wasn't super complicated in his opinion.

As he waited the sound of skittering to his right caught his attention and he turned his attention towards it immediately. Dropping down into a hunter's crouch easily with ease. It was likely a mouse or something similar. He crawled through the river reeds, hoping that Mudsmoke knew to stay quiet, which Seabreeze was sure he did. Eventually, his blue eyes made contact on the tiny body of a mouse, just like he had suspected. Seabreeze slowly crawled forward until he was in pouncing range. One two three! The lionheart dashed forward, managing to miss the mouse with his pounce but managed to throw a paw at it. It caught and sent the mouse flying towards a nearby tree, in which the lionheart was able to pounce and land this time. He bit and killed it quickly. After burying and making a note of it placement he turned around to Mudsmoke with a sheepish expression. Then after making eye contact for less than a second, Seabreeze took a moment to fix the fur around his chest scars.

"I am..uhh, I'm a bit better at fishing." He offered, an embarrassed laugh escaping him with the words as nerves got the better of him. I mean, at least he got the mouse, despite missing such a easy pounce at first. He was such a mess, moments like these and just about every other waking moment was why Seabreeze was still in disbelief that he was named as a lionheart. He padded back to Mudsmoke's side to continue walking with the warrior up the river.

[ +1 Mouse ]

[ No worries! It takes some getting used to! You are doing very good! I really like reading your posts! ]

|[ Mud'Smoke]|
"ACTIVE"
"Lionheart, huh? Congrats-" Mud'smoke began as he walked a few more pawsteps further before realising the Seabreeze had disappeared. " well that was rude." He joked to himself as he waited for his clanmate to come back. The sound of chirping brids brought his attention to the branches of a tree canopy above him where a pair of sparrows were seated. Mud'Smoke's whiskers twitched at the idea of the possibilty of catching both, he found it pretty easy to catch birds but he wasn't much of a climber and they were way off the ground. It was almost like the birds noticed his dilemma and were mocking him, his tail swayed behind him in frustration. Stupid birds with their stupid wings.

Mud'Smoke looked around if there was an easier way up the tree, it wasn't like he couldn't climb. Climbing up a tree was the easy part, he had no clue how to get down without breaking something though. The sound of Seabreeze returning brought his attention back, he turned to face the tom who gave him a sheepish grin. Giving one last glare up at the two sparrows in the tree he continued following the path. " don't worry about it, we all have our weak points" He reassured Seabreeze. "besides you got the prey and that's all that matters right?" He smirked teasingly quoting the toms former words and using it against him.

Old April 21st, 2024, 04:32 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Tired

Tulippaw nodded at Spottedstreams instructions. "Right." She frowned as she thought back to the descriptions Mistyshard had given them. Tall stalks... Star shaped flowers... And large fern like leaves? What even was a fern? She huffed and turned away from the group, heading off in another direction.

She explored the territory a bit, having minimal experience in the general territory. Once she got a feel for the place she began searching and inspecting the land. What did Mistyshard ask for? Oh yeah. Borage and chervil.

The calico looked for borage first, and as she searched through the grasses she soon found a clump of tall stalks, blue stalk with star shaped petals. She grinned and carefully tried to pluck them. She'd never been taught how to do it, but it wasn't too hard to get the hang off.

Then she tasted the air trying to pick up the sweet scent of chervil. She wandered among the territory for quite a bit, before singling out the source and deciding it was probably , despite her not knowing what a fern was. She carefully picked some then headed back over to where the group had divided up.

. . .

[+2 borage, +2 chervil]

@Blazing - @Bean

Last edited by chickadee; April 21st, 2024 at 04:34 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze

Seabreeze tilted his head, it's been awhile since he’s heard that phrase used back on him. To be honest it wasn’t originally his words. In the end, you got the job done and that’s what matters. It's something his sister would say to him after he fumbles one thing or another. Always with the same teasing sing-song voice and the same laugh. The lionheart did get a bit flustered at the congratulations on his position. He still wasn’t sure if Fadingsun and Dusklion would realize he actually wasn’t really made to be a lionheart. His thoughts went back to what Fadingsun had told him. His leader thought he could be one and Seabreeze wasn’t going to make him nor the head of lionhearts a liar.

Yep, let’s continue, shall we?” Seabreeze offered before he set their walking pace again. His ears twisting and turning every which way to see if he could hear anything else on land, or any splashing of water that signaled fish. The world around them seemed to be more lively than it was. Newleaf was always so nice. He found himself happier in the season. Less to worry about, he supposed. [ Rolling for prey detection w/ advantage (purrks): 9 | fail | 20 | Huge success! ] Seabreeze slowly came to a stop as his eyes caught on something in between the roots of a tree nearby. With the snow melting away such burrows were easier seen but he grinned and motioned for Mudsmoke to stop walking and then pointed to the burrow only a few tail lengths away. Seabreeze grinned, “I think it's a mice burrow. I’ll loop around and dig out the back so they rush out that hole, between the roots there. You catch as many as you can as they escape!

The lionheart explained and fell back to make a wide loop around the tree. He crouched down as he crawled forward on delicate paws. Ease of practicing hunting and fighting allowed him to be pretty good about being light on his paws but he took care not to spook out any mice prematurely. He couldn’t see Mudsmoke at this angle. The tree blocking his view. Though as the lionheart approached the back roots of the tree, he waited for many heart beats, giving as much time as he thought that Mudsmoke would need to get ready to catch the flooding mice. If they were lucky then there would be quite a few in the burrow. One, two, three! Seabreeze shot forward at the roots, slamming his weight against the ground to feel where the ground dipped the most signaling the burrow. He dug his claws into the ground and tore into the earth. He could hear some of the screaming squeaks of mice as well as a scramble away from Seabreeze’s destruction. Hopefully there was only one exit as there seemed to be.
[ @burntToast - Mudsmoke ]
[ Mice flood! Mice burrow in nests that can hold quite a few mice. For this flush we’ll say that there are 6 to 7 mice escaping the burrow. Up to you how many Mudsmoke can manage to catch! Ps! If mud manages to catch too many for him to carry then Seab can help carry some :3]

Last edited by Dolomedes; Yesterday at 11:53 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM

Quote:

Seabreeze

Seabreeze tilted his head, it's been awhile since he’s heard that phrase used back on him. To be honest it wasn’t originally his words. In the end, you got the job done and that’s what matters. It's something his sister would say to him after he fumbles one thing or another. Always with the same teasing sing-song voice and the same laugh. The lionheart did get a bit flustered at the congratulations on his position. He still wasn’t sure if Fadingsun and Dusklion would realize he actually wasn’t really made to be a lionheart. His thoughts went back to what Fadingsun had told him. His leader thought he could be one and Seabreeze wasn’t going to make him nor the head of lionhearts a liar.

Yep, let’s continue, shall we?” Seabreeze offered before he set their walking pace again. His ears twisting and turning every which way to see if he could hear anything else on land, or any splashing of water that signaled fish. The world around them seemed to be more lively than it was. Newleaf was always so nice. He found himself happier in the season. Less to worry about, he supposed. [ Rolling for prey detection w/ advantage (purrks): 9 | fail | 20 | Huge success! ] Seabreeze slowly came to a stop as his eyes caught on something in between the roots of a tree nearby. With the snow melting away such burrows were easier seen but he grinned and motioned for Mudsmoke to stop walking and then pointed to the burrow only a few tail lengths away. Seabreeze grinned, “I think it's a mice burrow. I’ll loop around and dig out the back so they rush out that hole, between the roots there. You catch as many as you can as they escape!

The lionheart explained and fell back to make a wide loop around the tree. He crouched down as he crawled forward on delicate paws. Ease of practicing hunting and fighting allowed him to be pretty good about being light on his paws but he took care not to spook out any mice prematurely. He couldn’t see Mudsmoke at this angle. The tree blocking his view. Though as the lionheart approached the back roots of the tree, he waited for many heart beats, giving as much time as he thought that Mudsmoke would need to get ready to catch the flooding mice. If they were lucky then there would be quite a few in the burrow. One, two, three! Seabreeze shot forward at the roots, slamming his weight against the ground to feel where the ground dipped the most signaling the burrow. He dug his claws into the ground and tore into the earth. He could hear some of the screaming squeaks of mice as well as a scramble away from Seabreeze’s destruction. Hopefully there was only one exit as there seemed to be.
[ @burntToast - Mudsmoke ]
[ Mice flood! Mice burrow in nests that can hold quite a few mice. For this flush we’ll say that there are 6 to 7 mice escaping the burrow. Up to you how many Mudsmoke can manage to catch! Ps! If mud manages to catch too many for him to carry then Seab can help carry some :3]

|[ Mud'smoke ]|
"ACTIVE"
__________________________________________________ __
Mouse burrows? Do mice have burrows, is that a thing? He thought confused but considering that Seabreeze was a lionheart and in Mud'smoke's mind that meant he was technically more experienced; he decided it was probably true. He nodded signalling he understood what Seabreeze was saying. He waited, watching as his clanmate fell back and made good distanced loop around the tree till he was out of Mud'smoke's line of vision.

Mud'Smoke turned back to the hole between the roots that Seabreeze had gestured to him. Unsure exactly how many mice were currently inside there, probably around three or four; he assumed as he dropped down into a hunting crouch reading himself to dash the moment he saw movement coming out of the Burrow. This reminded him of the time a windclan apprentice had told him at some gathering long ago about how rabbit burrow hunting worked, Mud'smoke didn't really like the idea he thought it was backhanded, in a way, and cruel but at the end of the day prey was prey and you have cater for you clan first.

The sound of scuffling a high pitched screeches came from the burrow drawing Mud'smokes attention back towards it. The moment a small grey body emerged, he pushed off his haunches and dashed towards it but was immediately startled by the amount of mice, which was way more than he expected, that dashed out towards him. He managed to grab the grey one that had first exited the burrow. He then swiftly turning around and frantically, with too much force, swiped at a few more fleeing mice managing to catch two with his claws and sent the third one flying into the trunk of a tree hard. By the sound of the thud it probably was either dead or to injured to move. Mud'Smoke caged the three he had caught in his paws as attempted to kill them, although their struggle was not appreciated at all. In conclusion that was three caught, one injured? And the rest had escaped him. "Mouse burrows do exist then." he confirmed to himself as stared in the direction the rest of the mice had escaped to.
|{+3 mice}|
Inventory: |{4/5; 1 Trout, 3 mice}|

[ honestly I just rolled a dice to determine how much I caught, I didn't want to powerplay if there even is such a thing for hunting?:') ]