Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!

Check out our May 4th Rapid-Paced Lottery!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Luminous
Today 05:13 AM
now and forever [p]
by alec
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:50 AM
Going down, not fighting....
by Fritter
Last post by Fritter
Today 04:47 AM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Lightningpaw666
Today 04:42 AM
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 04:37 AM

Old April 26th, 2024, 01:42 AM
Quackity in a cart

Status: VM ME TOMATO || Dream Smp fan! || Matching pfps with Zero_2001 & Forest!
Bump Policy: After 24 hours if i'm not online. || I got church on Wednesdays and Sundays + Saturdays
My Mood: Sick

Default Re: Firefly Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningpaw666 View Post
Brackenclaw would nod at the mention of this being the Apprentices first trip out. 'I am very glad I chose such a safe place to take Echopaw now.' Brackenclaw would think with satisfaction that he made the right call. He would turn around once more facing the Apprentice. "So I trust your Mentor has taught you the hunters crouch yes?" Brackenclaw gave a deep mew to the Apprentice. Although Brackenclaw's voice was deep and he looked humongous in front of the Young Apprentice there was no hint of Brackenclaw attempting to intimidate the Apprentice instead he seemed to show interest in Training another young cat. As if the Warrior was hoping to get his own Apprentice soon enough. "Show me your Hunters crouch okay." Brackenclaw meowed deeply. @CallMeCrimson

EchoPaw nodded, and crouched. lifting his tail off the ground just enough, good enough for and apprentice.

|+| My cats don't have the same views,personalitys, or opinions as me, so please don't blame me if you think they're being rude ! |+|
.・●*○❃○*●・.
"Hero's will always rise..right?"- My book, The War Of Hailburg
Old April 28th, 2024, 07:34 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Orangeblossom
| Quick post |

Orangeblossom found himself thundering out into the territory only a few moments after he spoke with Springlight. The medicine cat had approached him about gathering some poppy for her and Drizzlecloud as they were all out and despite his lack of knowledge on most herbs stuff he knew that popped was a very important herb. Or at least, he heard about it the most. So he figured that he could do that really really quickly, poppy flowers, and flowers grew in Firefly Cove. Springlight had told him about what they looked like and the warrior continued to list that over and over in his brain as he made it out into the meadow.

Soon he located some flowers and pulled them gently from their stems, yes! Perfect! He found quite a few flowers, well, three, but that was good right? Because they actually use the flower but the seeds? How many poppy seeds are in one poppy? The warrior didn't know but figured he could come back to search for more if Springlight needed more. The ginger tom turned tail and then bounded back to camp with the flowers in tow. Once in camp, he bee-lined over to the medicine den. He poked his head in and gently placed the flowers down in front of him. "I got those poppies you wanted, Springlight! Hope this is enough, do you need any more?"
[ +3 Poppy Flowers ]
[ @iliri - Springlight ]
[ Hope this is alright, sense it was a quick collection post you don't have to reply or anything :3 ]
Old April 30th, 2024, 08:41 AM

Bump Policy: Whenever I am active always
My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeCrimson View Post

EchoPaw nodded, and crouched. lifting his tail off the ground just enough, good enough for and apprentice.
Brackenclaw flicked his ears at the sight. If he was honest with himself it wasn't all that great. Brackenclaw would decide to show the young apprentice by showing him catching some prey. "Here Echopaw watch me as I hunt a mouse okay." Brackenclaw mewed to the Apprentice hoping Echopaw would pay close attention. Brackenclaw despite being rather large managed to crouch low on the ground by putting all his weight on his haunches. Ensuring no impact would be made when his paws hit the ground a mouse was scuffling in the meadow just ahead of them. It seemed that the small creature felt the 3 cats couldn't possibly have any idea it was there. Impressively if Echopaw watched and Mintwhisker as well they would notice once Brackenclaw disappeared into the tall field of flowers despite Brackenclaw being so darkly colored he managed to completely blend into and even move through the field without disturbing the flowers too much. As Brackenclaw moved silently towards the mouse the creature had no idea he was even there mindlessly munching on a flower seed it found. Brackenclaw was in position now only about a tail length away. Brackenclaw prepared himself to pounce before he went all in quickly pouncing on the mouse and dispatching it swiftly with a bite to its neck. It only had time to squeak for a split second. Brackenclaw would finally appear once more above the flowers carrying the mouse. It wasn't the largest mouse but it would do. Brackenclaw walked back over to Echopaw and began to bury the mouse on the edge of the meadow for later. "Alright lets see you try there should be a vole somewhere or another mouse you can use the same hunter crouch for both." Brackenclaw mewed deeply to Echopaw. He looked over towards Mintwhisker to make sure it was okay to give his Apprentice a task like this.

Mouse +1

Last edited by Lightningpaw666; April 30th, 2024 at 08:42 AM.
Old April 30th, 2024, 12:57 PM
Quackity in a cart

Status: VM ME TOMATO || Dream Smp fan! || Matching pfps with Zero_2001 & Forest!
Bump Policy: After 24 hours if i'm not online. || I got church on Wednesdays and Sundays + Saturdays

Quote:
Brackenclaw flicked his ears at the sight. If he was honest with himself it wasn't all that great. Brackenclaw would decide to show the young apprentice by showing him catching some prey. "Here Echopaw watch me as I hunt a mouse okay." Brackenclaw mewed to the Apprentice hoping Echopaw would pay close attention. Brackenclaw despite being rather large managed to crouch low on the ground by putting all his weight on his haunches. Ensuring no impact would be made when his paws hit the ground a mouse was scuffling in the meadow just ahead of them. It seemed that the small creature felt the 3 cats couldn't possibly have any idea it was there. Impressively if Echopaw watched and Mintwhisker as well they would notice once Brackenclaw disappeared into the tall field of flowers despite Brackenclaw being so darkly colored he managed to completely blend into and even move through the field without disturbing the flowers too much. As Brackenclaw moved silently towards the mouse the creature had no idea he was even there mindlessly munching on a flower seed it found. Brackenclaw was in position now only about a tail length away. Brackenclaw prepared himself to pounce before he went all in quickly pouncing on the mouse and dispatching it swiftly with a bite to its neck. It only had time to squeak for a split second. Brackenclaw would finally appear once more above the flowers carrying the mouse. It wasn't the largest mouse but it would do. Brackenclaw walked back over to Echopaw and began to bury the mouse on the edge of the meadow for later. "Alright lets see you try there should be a vole somewhere or another mouse you can use the same hunter crouch for both." Brackenclaw mewed deeply to Echopaw. He looked over towards Mintwhisker to make sure it was okay to give his Apprentice a task like this.

Mouse +1

|+| MintWhisker & EchoPaw |+|

------------------------------------

EchoPaw nodded, and sniffed the air, he could spot the scents of mouse and vole, he decided to go for the vole. he sniffed the air, and followed the scent to a small vole eating some kinda nut. he snuck up on it and pounced, biting its neck. it went limp and he picked it up, and brought it over cheerfully. MintWhisker smiled, "Good job then," he told EchoPaw.

[+1 Vole]

|+| My cats don't have the same views,personalitys, or opinions as me, so please don't blame me if you think they're being rude ! |+|
.・●*○❃○*●・.
Old April 30th, 2024, 01:11 PM

Brackenclaw would nod agreeing with Mintwhisker. "Yes well done Echopaw." Brackenclaw praised the Apprentice as well for their kill. "You can go and bury that somewhere close by so nothing steals it while we continue our hunt. I figured we could make a game of it whoever catches the most by the end of the hunting patrol gets first dibs on Prey!" Brackenclaw would mew deeply a glint of playfulness in his eyes but he didn't let it show too much. Brackenclaw was usually a very reserved cat which made some see him as boring all business and no play. @CallMeCrimson

Last edited by Lightningpaw666; April 30th, 2024 at 01:12 PM.
Old April 30th, 2024, 01:29 PM
Quackity in a cart

Quote:
Brackenclaw would nod agreeing with Mintwhisker. "Yes well done Echopaw." Brackenclaw praised the Apprentice as well for their kill. "You can go and bury that somewhere close by so nothing steals it while we continue our hunt. I figured we could make a game of it whoever catches the most by the end of the hunting patrol gets first dibs on Prey!" Brackenclaw would mew deeply a glint of playfulness in his eyes but he didn't let it show too much. Brackenclaw was usually a very reserved cat which made some see him as boring all business and no play. @CallMeCrimson

|+| MintWhisker & EchoPaw |+|

---------------------------------------

EchoPaw swished his tail excitedly, and went to bury the vole. he dug a small hole and dropped it in, trotting back cheerfully. MintWhisker grinned, a game? Didn't think him of all cats would have that idea. EchoPaw came back over, "I'll win! I bet I'll win!!" EchoPaw said playfully. "Well, lets get to it then?' MintWhisker smiled.

.・●*○❃○*●・.
Old May 2nd, 2024, 07:04 AM

Brackenclaw was mostly using this game as a way to get Echopaw motivated even more than he was plus a little healthy competition between Clanmates never hurt. Whenever Mintwhisker talked about starting Brackenclaw would nod and begin off towards the flowers again. Where he heard a chaffinch singing among the tall grass and flowers. Usually to hunt a bird it was preferable to use the trees but out here in the open there wasn't much to it. Brackenclaw could only try to be sneaky and quick simultaneously. His mouth watered at the thought of the kill. Both mouse and Chaffinch was his favorites to be able to hunt both in one day this was just too good to pass up. However, unfortunately the wind would change and let the chaffinch know he was coming before he could get close enough to do anything it would fly off out of reach. Much to Brackenclaw's chagrin. @CallMeCrimson

Last edited by Lightningpaw666; May 2nd, 2024 at 07:04 AM.
Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"Well, yeah I think a 'couple' is usually two. The point isn't to catch the whole forest, it's just to show you can do it." Wolfhive was surprised by the question, having not realized a 'couple' would be misconstrued as anything but two. As for the rest, hunting was easy for most cats and Wolfhive wasn't too concerned about this part of the assessment. However, since Crowpaw was interested in more of a goal, he'd indulge. "Of course, like with patrols you'll be timed - we want to make sure you can be efficient in completing a hunt before Sunhigh." Thankfully, two pieces of prey in that time should be pretty easy, provided Crowpaw knew what he was doing.

"You'll have your choice of anything you want, and you should aim for catching something that's considered more difficult - like a bird or a squirrel for example. I'm leaving the second one open ended as well so if you're lucking out on one being nearby, you aren't stuck." Birds, squirrels, fish -- basically anything but a standard rodent would do in Wolfhive's eyes. Different prey required different care, and the purpose was to ensure Crowpaw could be adaptable in the event one source of prey wasn't available.

Ultimately, though: as long as Crowpaw could successfully catch prey, he'd do fine. Wolfhive wouldn't fault him for elements outside his control.

"Unless you have any other questions, you can start - come back over here when you're done." Wolfhive would be watching at a distance and planned to be back by this spot before Crowpaw returned.

[ @SpiritedWarrior ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Crowpaw
Purrks: Heightened Perception, Agatha Kitty, and Hulk SMASH
@BEAR.

Crowpaw refrained from snorting at Wolfhive's comment. "I know a couple is usually two. I was just double checking your definition of it. Clarification, y'know?" He worded his reaction the best he could so it didn't sound like he was making some snide remark. He was trying to get promoted, not punished. The young tom was happy to hear there was a time limit. It wasn't a short one... it was actually reasonable. Why wouldn't it be? Patrols take a good chunk of time to complete and Wolfhive is treating it like one.

"Sounds fair enough. Two pieces of prey of my choice by Sunhigh, come back and report to you... then we move on to the last part of the assessment." It would be taking a good portion of his day, but Crowpaw had no where else to be. Alright, let's get this show started.

Crowpaw let out a sigh and turned around, stalking off into the thick undergrowth of ThunderClan's territory. He relied solely on his hearing and skill to find clues. Any sort of life would be great to see. Squirrels are easier for me to catch than a bird, so I'll try to find one of those.Plus I can use my tree-climbing skills, which is what a ThunderClanner uses when hunting. He took a mental note of this and began looking under the foliage in the event something caught his eye in the shadows. I could probably search for a rabbit. It's big and will feed a few warriors. That'd be a great catch to use for the assessment.

He twitched his whiskers with satisfaction, happy to know his plan going forward. Naturally, he gravitated toward the sounds of a squirrel digging at the ground. Probably fixing its nest or something. Or food. He titled his head and thought about the best way to hunt the little creature. After a few moments, the mud brown tabby began stalking toward it, keeping a watchful eye out for twigs that might snap as soon as he steps on them.

He managed to successfully keep out of the squirrel's line of sight and kept quiet, which was a miracle considering his lack of sight in his left eye. I'm gonna take it, and... RUN! He jolted forward with a pounce, and leapt on to the trunk of the tree, climbing as fast as he could without falling. Once close enough, he leapt on to a branch and turned on his heel, only hopping down to latch onto the squirrel with his jaws once it was close enough.

He dropped the brown, fuzzy creature at his paws and looked at it through narrowed pupils. The ruckus would have driven the prey in the area into their dens. I'm gonna have to hunt in a completely different part of the territory. So... what do I do with you, squirrel? I'll have to bury you and come back when I'm done. With a firm nod of agreement with himself, Crowpaw began digging a hole big enough for the squirrel, and by the time he was done with that, the hole was now a small mound of dirt.

Okay, what's next, forest? Crowpaw twitched his ears, though he didn't hear anything. Of course I wouldn't hear anything. It wouldn't be right for there to prey still around I literally thought about this like- a few minutes ago. The nerves were starting to get to him, but the young tom refused to think on them much longer. With a quick glance at his surroundings, Crowpaw left the buried squirrel behind and trekked through the forest, almost reaching Willow's Rise.

On the way there, he flicked his ears and checked the thick undergrowth. Once he was close enough, he veered off to the right and was finally able to catch a scent of... rabbit! Eager, Crowpaw ducked down and began stalking toward his next prey victim. He took great care to not step on the leaves that would cause a rustle as he saw the bunny hopping toward what he could only assume was its home. I haven't caught rabbits very often... what would be the best way to get it? I obviously can't chase it like I did the squirrel- you know what I'm gonna plan it as I go.

He then decided to use the foliage to his advantage, though a small part of Crowpaw didn't think it would work. And of course, that part was correct. It wasn't like catching a squirrel where the warriors had no choice but to deal with the leaves and twigs that kept the tree alive. The rabbit quickly caught on to what was happening and hopped faster, though Crowpaw enjoyed the thrill of the chase.

Immediately, the oldest apprentice gave chase, bounding over the smaller bushes and running around the boulders that plagued the territory. He watched the rabbit hop, noticing it was taking long strides. Curious, Crowpaw decided to test his theory and ran like the rabbit, quickly catching up to it. He slipped at a bend, where there was a tiny hill, but his claws snatched the rabbits' haunches. Careful to avoid the long claws on the rabbits' hind legs, Crowpaw bit down on it, ending the rabbit's life.

He took multiple deep breathes, satisfied with his catch. Now to get that squirrel and go back to Wolfhive to report my... 'patrol.' After giving his pelt a good, long shake to get some of the dirt off, Crowpaw grabbed his rabbit and headed back to the mound where he left the squirrel, taking the same path he took to hunt the rabbit. He unburied the squirrel and put it on his back, making sure it was balanced before taking the rabbit once more and heading back to Wolfhive.

"Got this rabbit and a squirrel." He mumbled with his mouth full, and then put both fresh-kill in front of the Hornet. "How are we going to do the spar? You explain rules and then we start, or... do we just start?"
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: None
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM
Quackity in a cart

*Picture*
╚»★«╝ EchoPaw | Comic sans MS ╚»★«╝

╚»★«╝ A lilac tabby tom with sky-blue eyes - Bisexual - 7 moons - Tom, He/Him - Purrks: N/A ╚»★«╝

"Cmon! Lighten up!"
<Picture credits>
<-------------------------------------->

EchoPaw scented a squirrel, though he didn't like the taste much, it was still prey. he followed the scent, and eventually found it nibbling on some grass. he attempted to pounce on it, but it noticed him too soon and ran up a tree. EchoPaw's jaws were only a tail-length away from the squirrel, but he couldn't.. the tree.. he stepped back and hung his head down, before swishing his tail again and sniffing the air, following the scent of a vole; MintWhisker watched a second before scenting the air and following the scent of a starling.

.・●*○❃○*●・.