Last post by hermeswind
Today 03:06 AM

Old July 2nd, 2018, 10:24 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
A smile broke out over Blazingcomet’s maw as he watched his apprentice’s expression, glad that she had retained some of her youthful excitement - it was nice to see apprentices who were both hardworking and playful, able to switch back and forth and knowing when it was time to work and when it was time to play. He had, unfortunately, had trouble telling the difference between work-time and playtime in his own youth, but it was much easier to tell now. Blazingcomet was glad Cherrypaw seemed to be smarter than he had as a young apprentice. In general, she cats seemed to be just a little smarter than toms as young cats. It varied, he supposed, but when he was an apprentice… it’d seemed as if every she cat was more determined than he was to do a good job. ”Good. We’ll start with you blocking my attack. Ready?” He moved back a little bit, eyeing the she cat almost doubtfully, like he wasn’t quite sure she would be able to do it. She knew this, though… surely she’d be fine.
Blazingcomet's smile was contagious as a smile of equal radiance appeared on his apprentice's face as well. Glad she was sharing this moment with her mentor, the little white she-cat tried to take a picture of this moment in her mind to save for later. Maybe this could be one of the many memories the two cats could bring up when they were both older and wanted to reminisce in the good times. Though Cherrypaw was very eager to get her warrior name and be treated as a full member of SkyClan, she would miss training with her mentor and spending time with a (mostly) like-minded cat. "I'm ready!" The she-cat told the ginger tom enthusiastically. She'd noticed how Blazingcomet was eyeballing her, making her a little unsure. She tried to ignore it and keep her mind focused at the task at hand. He'd attack at any moment and she had to be ready. They'd done this before and Cherrypaw knew what to do now. She could do this.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old July 9th, 2018, 01:43 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Blazingcomet's smile was contagious as a smile of equal radiance appeared on his apprentice's face as well. Glad she was sharing this moment with her mentor, the little white she-cat tried to take a picture of this moment in her mind to save for later. Maybe this could be one of the many memories the two cats could bring up when they were both older and wanted to reminisce in the good times. Though Cherrypaw was very eager to get her warrior name and be treated as a full member of SkyClan, she would miss training with her mentor and spending time with a (mostly) like-minded cat. "I'm ready!" The she-cat told the ginger tom enthusiastically. She'd noticed how Blazingcomet was eyeballing her, making her a little unsure. She tried to ignore it and keep her mind focused at the task at hand. He'd attack at any moment and she had to be ready. They'd done this before and Cherrypaw knew what to do now. She could do this.
Upon Cherrypaw’s confirmation that she was ready, Blazingcomet prepared himself and, after taking one last look over his apprentice, sprang towards her. His paws hit the ground at an alarming speed, twisted paw more awkwardly than the others, but holding up surprisingly well. The tom had been practicing himself, and he was doing much better than usual. At the last moment, when it seemed like he was sure to crash into Cherrypaw and they would both crumple to the ground, the warrior leapt through the air and landed directly behind the fluffy white feline. Moving quickly, paying more attention to his movements than hers, Blazingcomet’s paw shot out and he tried to pull her down, curling his twisted paw around her hind leg like a hook. He’d tried this move before, and while it had an okay success rate, it wasn’t something he’d ever tried on an experienced warrior… they would know exactly how to counter it. He would make sure that Cherrypaw knew what she was doing… just in case an occasion where she would have to free herself from something like this came up.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old July 15th, 2018, 11:39 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

@Empress Of Evil

Okay, I might not have been able to successfully pull my prank, but at least training is the next best thing! Excitment coursed through the ginger tom’s veins as he bounded onto the training plateau, knowing his mentor wasn’t far behind. He’d jumped for joy when Auroraflame told him they’d be training today, he jumped for joy whenever they trained. Really, whenever he was doing anything that made his blood flow and his heart pump with excitement. That excludes apprentice duties, which he had to do quite a lot of. But Blazepaw figured that was worth all the trouble he got into. He was used to getting caught before doing a prank, but he’d continue it anyways, having learned the punishments at this point. He was great friends with most of the elders, and they appreciated how thorough he was with his job when caring for them.
But today, Blazepaw hadn’t gotten into any trouble, which was a record for him. And it seemed as if his evening was going to be taken up by training. Which was something the tomcat realized. I think I might lose my three moon streak... Of course, he always had something up his fur. He knew he’d find a way to land himself an extra chore for tomorrow, somehow. He always did, even if it was not on purpose.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old July 20th, 2018, 04:10 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

@Empress Of Evil

Okay, I might not have been able to successfully pull my prank, but at least training is the next best thing! Excitment coursed through the ginger tom’s veins as he bounded onto the training plateau, knowing his mentor wasn’t far behind. He’d jumped for joy when Auroraflame told him they’d be training today, he jumped for joy whenever they trained. Really, whenever he was doing anything that made his blood flow and his heart pump with excitement. That excludes apprentice duties, which he had to do quite a lot of. But Blazepaw figured that was worth all the trouble he got into. He was used to getting caught before doing a prank, but he’d continue it anyways, having learned the punishments at this point. He was great friends with most of the elders, and they appreciated how thorough he was with his job when caring for them.
But today, Blazepaw hadn’t gotten into any trouble, which was a record for him. And it seemed as if his evening was going to be taken up by training. Which was something the tomcat realized. I think I might lose my three moon streak... Of course, he always had something up his fur. He knew he’d find a way to land himself an extra chore for tomorrow, somehow. He always did, even if it was not on purpose.
She followed apprentice through the woods, walking at her usual fast pace but Blazepaw still stayed in front of her. Perhaps the apprentice's enthusiasm was enough energy to make him walk faster than she normally did. Auroraflame had decided to do a bit of training with her apprentice today. There was still a lot he had to learn and since she had to juggle her deputy duties along with everything else that a normal warrior did, she didn't want to risk having Blazepaw fall behind the other cats his age.
Auroraflame always kept one eye on her apprentice whilst she let her attention wander to other places at the same time. She focused on her even pawsteps which created a rhythm beneath her. She focused on the gentle breeze that weaved past the trees that stretched high towards the sky, their branches moving outwards and the leaves creating a ceiling that hid the sky. Blue patches of the sky could be seen through the leaves but forest had a green glow to it because of the lush undergrowth.
"Don't go too fast!" She called to Blazepaw. "You'll need your energy for today's lesson!" She was planning on doing some battle training with the tom today. As they entered the training plateau, she noticed that the area was pretty much empty. Auroraflame made her way towards the centre of the plateau. Seeing as no one was here, she may as well embrace the space. She sat down, tucking her paws in beneath her and resting her tail in front of her paws. She waited for Blazepaw to settle down and then she spoke. "Alright, for the lesson we'll be doing some battle training and I'm going to try and cover a few things," Auroraflame started. "First, we'll revise on the moves which use our front paws, and then I'll teach you the 'leap and hold'. Once we've done a bit of work on that we can brainstorm and work on techniques specifically for you if your opponent has you pinned on the ground," she continued. She gave him a few moments to make a comment and then she leaped to her paws and moved a few steps away from the tom. "Okay, I want you to attack me with sheathed paws and try and use your frontal attacks as much as possible. You can use the front paw blow and try and give me a hard knock on my head, or you could use the forepaw slash and try to claw me, or you could surprise me with some other move. Of course, remember to have your paws sheathed," she said, gazing down at him sternly as she said the last part. "At the same time we'll be dodging and focusing on protecting ourselves. Feel free to aim for whatever body part you want, but both of us can only use our front paws to make our attacks. If I believe the way you use your front paws to attack is good enough, we'll move on and think about defense against frontal attacks." She wanted to make sure that they covered everything before they moved onto something new. With that, Auroraflame moved into an attack crouch, baring her teeth and moving her back ankles up and down, ready to reach forward and swipe at her apprentice, but she waited for him to make the first move.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:45 PM

My Mood: Spooky

Leopardpaw glanced around the training plateau as she followed her mentor, excitement gleaming in her leafy green eyes. I hope I get learn how to fight! She flicked her tail looking at the sky nearly stumbling over a stick. "Whoah!" she hissed as quietly as she could manage even though she was certain that her mentor heard her stumble. " What are we going to do today, Dapplesplash?" she meowed turning to the tortoiseshell, trying to brush off that embarrassing moment , Leopardpaw's golden brown spotted fur fluffing in excitement. Suddenly a thought popped into her head. "Dapplesplash, are all of SkyClan's battle moves done from the trees?" she asked curiously.

@Ombre Party

Last edited by Leopardblaze; August 2nd, 2018 at 11:53 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 11:34 AM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardblaze View Post
Leopardpaw glanced around the training plateau as she followed her mentor, excitement gleaming in her leafy green eyes. I hope I get learn how to fight! She flicked her tail looking at the sky nearly stumbling over a stick. "Whoah!" she hissed as quietly as she could manage even though she was certain that her mentor heard her stumble. " What are we going to do today, Dapplesplash?" she meowed turning to the tortoiseshell, trying to brush off that embarrassing moment , Leopardpaw's golden brown spotted fur fluffing in excitement. Suddenly a thought popped into her head. "Dapplesplash, are all of SkyClan's battle moves done from the trees?" she asked curiously.

@Ombre Party
Dapplesplash hid an amused glance at her apprentice and continued walking as though she hadn't heard it. "Battle training!" She smiled, her gaze wistful. Her eyes flickered around to make sure they were almost at the Plateau, and she was correct. "No, not all of them." Dapplesplash shook her head."Even though its our strength, sometimes its better to have an entrance from the trees rather than fight in the trees. That being said, it's probably better if we fight we're our enemies are instead of taunting them like cowards." A couple more steps and they'd arrived at the Plateau.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old August 4th, 2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

Dapplesplash hid an amused glance at her apprentice and continued walking as though she hadn't heard it. "Battle training!" She smiled, her gaze wistful. Her eyes flickered around to make sure they were almost at the Plateau, and she was correct. "No, not all of them." Dapplesplash shook her head."Even though its our strength, sometimes its better to have an entrance from the trees rather than fight in the trees. That being said, it's probably better if we fight we're our enemies are instead of taunting them like cowards." A couple more steps and they'd arrived at the Plateau.
"Yes!" Leopardpaw meowed full of excitement as she followed her mentor towards the training Plateau. She listened closely to her mentor as she explained that not all fighting was done from the trees. "I can't wait to start practicing!" she added flicking her ear, her tail twitching happily. "Are we going to practice them all today?" she asked looking around before turning to her mentor. She recalled how tired she felt on her first day of training even though it was climbing, something she would have to know very well.

Last edited by Leopardblaze; August 4th, 2018 at 06:49 PM.
Old August 4th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Reach For The Stars

Status: finishing the school year & attempting to write a book
My Mood: Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopardblaze View Post
"Yes!" Leopardpaw meowed full of excitement as she followed her mentor towards the training Plateau. She listened closely to her mentor as she explained that not all fighting was done from the trees. "I can't wait to start practicing!" she added flicking her ear, her tail twitching happily. "Are we going to practice them all today?" she asked looking around before turning to her mentor. She recalled how tired she felt on her first day of training even though it was climbing, something she would have to know very well.
"Oh no! Of course not." She chided, but in an effort to keep up her apprentices spirit, she added, "That's impossible. As great as an apprentice you are, Leopardpaw, no apprentice will ever learn all the fighting and defensive moves in a training session." Wistfully she thought before adding once more, "Well except for maybe if that training session lasted a moon without pause." She joked.

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -Les Brown

Stars, I have seen them fall,
But when they drop and die
No star is lost at all
From all the star-sown sky

Old August 5th, 2018, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombre Party View Post

"Oh no! Of course not." She chided, but in an effort to keep up her apprentices spirit, she added, "That's impossible. As great as an apprentice you are, Leopardpaw, no apprentice will ever learn all the fighting and defensive moves in a training session." Wistfully she thought before adding once more, "Well except for maybe if that training session lasted a moon without pause." She joked.

Leopardpaw let out an amused purr at Dapplesplash, not letting her mentor's chiding phase her, "I guess that would be a 'little' long." She felt the excitement fill her chest, her tail flicking happily. "So what move are we going to do first?" she asked eagerly, enthusiasm filling her voice. Sunlight shone down, its golden rays warming her fur.

Last edited by Leopardblaze; August 5th, 2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:11 AM
Amor Omnia Vincit

My Mood: Angelic

@NightWarrior4Life
Cloverwhisker listened as Gorsepaw explained her lack of tail, ocean eyes soft and amiable. She was pleased to hear Gorsepaw had found solace in Shinefang, and entertained herself with training. Her apprentice had shown herself to be a very capable and determined she-cat, who Cloverwhisker was pleased to have as her apprentice. Before the creamy feline could respond to Gorsepaw, the excitable apprentice had darted off in the direction of the training plateau, Cloverwhisker trotting off after her. The warrior's tail was raised high in the air, her ears perked up, as she ambled over to Gorsepaw's side. She cast a thoughtful look around them, taking in the different scenarios being played out by mentors and their apprentices all over the plateau. After a moment, the quiet she-cat looked to her apprentice with reassuring eyes; "Whenever you're ready," She encouraged, attentive gaze ready to analyse what Gorsepaw had managed to learn independently. Cloverwhisker was impressed by Gorsepaw's ability to learn things for herself, and her eagerness to learn and challenge herself was something the warrior hadn't seen in many cats. She knew without a doubt that she would not regret mentoring Gorsepaw.