Last post by alkaline
Today 04:24 PM

Old January 7th, 2024, 10:44 AM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Swiftfire-Warrior-She/Her
Purrk(s): Ultimate Predator

She could practically feel his eagerness. deep inside, she felt a spark of pure warmth, a memory resurging. Her first hunt. She had been told she would succeed with no shortage of the same confidence she had said the same to Hickorypaw. Only that her mentor had been distracted at the last moment, failed to give her the signal, and the next thing she had known, she had been in the rabbit rodeo, clinging for life to the back of a buck hare. After some panicked scrambling and bucking, both she and the rabbit had fallen into a sinkhole. It had broken its neck on landing, and she had a torn claw and a twisted paw from the ordeal.
Swiftfire felt that her own apprentice wouldn't have nearly as complicated a first hunt. He was a smart one, and she appreciated that deeply.

She quickly ensured he was in a proper ambushing crouch, gently adjusting his paws and stance, "Keep your strength in your back legs." She murmured quietly, "It's going to be more worried about me chasing it before it is going to realize you're waiting for it. You may get only one good opening.." With the last bit of advice, Swiftfire turned around and slipped seamlessly beneath a low-branching elderberry bush, her black and orange pelt acting almost as a useful invisibility coat beneath the bushes.

It would feel like an eternity had passed by, even for Swiftfire. Time always seemed to slow down around her when she was hunting. Through the branches and leaves, she watched for the rabbit, any signs of exit or entry. She would need to corral the rabbit after all, herd it right to Hickorypaw. She paused as the rabbit finally came into view. A plump doe, young too. Swiftfire froze in place, eyeing the way the rabbit had come from.
Moments later, she would be positioned under the roots of an oak, behind the rabbit's left flank. The rabbit was oblivious, which was perfect.

Swiftfire sprang from the roots, and the rabbit jumped, flipped and stumbled upon landing, allowing Swiftfire just a moment to slash her claws over the rabbit's right leg, wounding it and then she was sprinting back and forth, blocking the rabbit's zig-zagging efforts to escape.
If Hickorypaw could see, it was like a weird game of tag, as his mentor was a black and orange streak from one side of the grove to the other, corraling the rabbit exactly where she wanted and needed it to go. Realizing it was weakening and its burrow was unavailable due to Swiftfire's herding, the rabbit made a mad dash for its life.

Right where Hickorypaw would be waiting. Swiftfire loped behind on her long legs, darting sharply to cut the rabbit off if it tried to divert from its fateful choice. There wasn't going to be a chance for it now...

@Doom

Last edited by Tiabirb; January 7th, 2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old January 30th, 2024, 08:49 AM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Fallownose
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

Runs through the territory had always relaxed Fallownose. This time, Sunset Grove was his destination. His long legs allowed him to reach his destination quicker than most of his Clanmates would be able to, and he was panting softly when he got there. Slowing to an easy trot, Fallownose frowned slightly as he noticed how stale WindClan scent was. It seems like no one had been out here for a while.

Fallownose slowed his pace even more, shaking off the flecks of snow that stuck to him as he began to brush his pelt along the trees to leave his scent. It wouldn't due for outsiders, much less another Clan (yes, he was thinking about RiverClan specifically), to think that WindClan wasn't using this patch of territory.

About half-way through the grove, Fallownose paused when he saw an icicle hanging off one of the lower branches of the cluster of trees. He felt a pang in his heart as he remembered the stories Crowdapple and Pigeonear would tell him as a kit about playing in leaf-bare, licking icicles, making snow-cats. He hoped that they were still alive out there and would oneday return, but Fallownose knew it was unlikely. They were old, and if they got stuck out in this weather it was unlikely they had managed to survive.

Shivering, the deputy was pulled from his thoughts as he realized he had been standing and staring at the icicle, allowing the cold to seep through his pelt and chill him to the bone. He shook himself again, this time to warm himself, no matter how slightly, instead of shaking out any debris or snow.

Fallownose was content to shove the memories away and continue on with rubbing his scent on every possible tree, but his yellow-amber gaze drifted back to the icicle. Maybe he could make a new memory, a happier one, even if his mothers weren't here with him.

Rearing up onto his hindpaws, Fallownose braced his forepaws on the trunk of the tree so he was eye-level with the icicle before opening his jaws and licking it. COLD! VERY COLD! INSTANT REGRET!

He pulled back, fully intending lick his lips until his mouth warmed back up, but he couldn't. His tongue was stuck. To the icicle. Well, this was awkward. He would get unstuck, right? It had to melt, he couldn't be stuck like this forever, much less have a Clanmate stumble upon him in such an awkward situation!!
Old February 7th, 2024, 07:04 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@Estelle [going to make quick posts in each landmark, so that way you don't have to wait for me to make replies and Silverpaw would have visited each landmark]

As soon as Silverpaw gave her consent to a quick tour, Leechscar set out without a word. A shiver had his pelt twitching uncontrollably as he entered the snow once again. He internally complained about the snow and cold the entire walk to Sunset Grove. The trees had lost their leaves, but the towering trees before him still bothered him endlessly. He was so used to the wide open land that was WindClan's territory that dealing with trees and woodland was irksome.

"This Sunset Grove. When it's not as cold as ShadowClan's heart, it's a good place for hunting, all sorts of prey hide around the trees and nooks. It's also a good place for herb hunting in the warming season." Leechscar explained briefly, ears raised to see if Silverpaw had any questions before he moved on to the next place.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old February 21st, 2024, 04:47 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Without further word, much like her mentor, Silverpaw followed the grumpy feline. She was beginning to think Leechscar wasn't as foolish as most warriors, good for him, and perhaps he even had a sense of humour? She held back a slight snicker at his comment on ShadowClan's heart, recomposing herself with a clearing of her throat.
...He was right, though. The trees were strange on WindClan territory indeed, but this wasn't the first time she'd seen Sunset Grove having visited it previously on a herb patrol - but it served her well to familiarise herself with these areas a second time. The trees made it a little more difficult to navigate. Not having any questions, she followed him to the next landmark.

[ @/Undertaker ]

Old March 10th, 2024, 10:06 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

cloverhoney
she/clover // 19 moons // windclan warrior.

---

Confused about whatever was happening with the leader of the patrol, clover takes it upon herself to lead Ravenpaw out onto the territory all on clover's lonesome. Bouncing along she hums herself a tune, keeping an eye out for any kind of movement amongst the foliage. What were they supposed to even be doing? Hunting? Patrolling? Maybe clover missed that part, head somewhere up in the clouds. Nonetheless she turns to stare at the apprentice tagging along behind her quick gait, head tilting off to a side.

"Soooo, here we are! I think, anyway. You have any idea what we got sent out here for? I'm gonna guuuuess... Hunting!"

ravenpaw | @GoldenRavenWings // firestorm | @Dark!
Old March 12th, 2024, 09:53 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Burn Baby Burn | Monkey’s Paw

Firestorm, not feeling too hot (she threw up along the way), took a second to catch up with Cloverhoney. Silly her, she should’ve been keeping up! ”I’m here!” she informed the other warrior, oddly out of breath. Goodness, this pregnancy stuff was taking a lot out of her.

Composing herself, she gave Cloverhoney a bright smile ”Alright~! Yes, we will be hunting~!” she said with a purr. Then, with a bit of a mischevious grin, she winked at the younger cat ”I’ll have you know I’m the best hunter in the clan, sick or not, so try to keep up~!” And with that, she turned and bounded away (huge mistake, the nausea was coming back in waves) in the search for some prey.

[ @silver. My brain is so unbelievably foggy, however, this is done]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old March 14th, 2024, 12:37 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

cloverhoney
she/clover // 20 moons // windclan warrior.

---

Seems like little Ravenpaw got lost somewhere along the way but Firestorm was here! She looked super messed up but hey she was here and that was enough for clover! A challenge is issued and the young molly can't help the grin that spreads across her muzzle. The best hunter, huh? Clover would see about that! Though she would like to play with the other warrior when she was feeling at her best, but eh, whatever! Time to go hunting and show off her skills!

[ Cloverhoney rolled a 6 to hunt prey. ]

Okay so maybe today wasn't clover's day. So what? Everyone had an off day every once in a while! Was it the way she was bouncing along through the brush? Or maybe it was the way she was humming to herself as she moved. Nonetheless, she couldn't seem to find a dang thing out here today! And the weather was decent and everything! Ugh, c'mon Cloverhoney, get your head in the game! Try again!

[ Cloverhoney rolled a 19 to hunt prey. ]

That was more like it! Thank you dice-- or, uh, well thank you fate! Yeah, that was it! Grinning wide, she stalks up upon a hare. A sizable prey animal... Truly a wonderful catch if she can manage it... Tail lashing behind clover as she creeps up on the blissfully unaware creature, her pounce is beautiful. Truly like she was flying with all the grace of a swan taking off from a pond! Landing upon it with claws extended, it's life is swiftly cut short and the corpse is buried to be retrieved later.

This was gonna be easy peasy!

firestorm | @Dark
Old March 21st, 2024, 01:42 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Burn Baby Burn | Monkey’s Paw

Firestorm was no stranger when it came to not feeling well, however, she’d never actually had to hunt under these conditions before. Despite the queasy feeling in her stomach, she was not going to allow herself to be beat by some incumbent challenger. She was the best hunter in WindClan and she was going to show it.

Heading off in a different direction than Cloverhoney, the orange tabby quickly picked up the scent of her favorite prey – rabbit. Grinning to herself, she carefully tracked the scent to a clump of grass. Remaining hidden, she dashed out and pounced on the lagomorph. Narrowly avoiding getting kicked in the stomach, she managed to deliver a bite to the back of it’s neck – ending it’s life instantly. Panting heavily, she got up and looked down at the prey she caught. She hadn’t been anticipating for it to be that big. ”Bloody hell, it’s a good thing that thing didn’t kick me. Spots’d killed me,” She wheezed, struggling to keep the bile rising within her throat down. She needed more. Surely Cloverhoney would’ve caught more than just one piece of prey, and she would not be losing.

Covering the her catch up, Firestorm left it behind in search of some more prey. She made the executive decision that she would be ignoring any other rabbit smells and going after smaller prey. After all, she needed to do her best to protect the budding lives inside of her and couldn’t just be taking risks like that. What would she do if she took a kick to the stomach? Stars alive, she’d never be able to face Lightningstorm after that.

It didn’t take long for her to catch the scent of vole as she walked. Oh~ Spots was going to be so happy with her when she brought this back. Whiskers twitching with amusement at the sight that surely awaited her when she made her way back to camp, she tracked the smell until she could hear the skittering of the creatures. Yes, creatures. There were multiple, three or four maybe? Taking a deep breath, she focused from her positon in the grass before lashing out to catch them. When all was said and done, she was only able to snag two of them before the other escaped. Well, these would do. Killing them quickly, she took the broken bodies to the rabbit she caught earlier and went out looking for more.

One more prey item, and she’d have won for sure she decided. Stepping away from her catches, she didn’t make it too far before she abruptly released the contents of her stomach. Pregnancy was vile stuff, pain in the arse as Spots would call it. Why had she wished for this? Panting, she shook her head at the thought. Being a mother had been her greatest wish since she was a mere kit and she should instead be glad that her wish was granted (presumably) by the stars. ”Focus Firestorm,” She hissed to herself, gritting her teeth as another wave of nausea washed over her ”This is so you can have a family with Lightningstorm. Get it together.”

Pep talk out of the way, the fiery furred lass walked faster. She was losing her edge and she could feel it. She needed to get this done and get back to camp, and soon. Her grasp on reality and just where she was putting her paws was slipping. Some time passed, and she wasn’t quite sure how it happened, but by the time she came to, she had a dead mouse in her jaws and she was on her way back to the rest of her cache. In the back of her mind she could vaguely recall sinking her teeth into it, but outside of that, things were very hazy. Not good.

When she finally got to it, she slipped the body of the rabbit on top of her back, grunting at its weight. It was almost as big as she was!! Reaching down, she grabbed the rest of her catch and made her way back to where she had left Cloverhoney. ”I win.” She mewed softly, all bluster and theatrics long since gone as she led the way back to camp. This. Felt. Terrible.

Rabbit +1, Vole +2, Mouse +1
[ @silver. ]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; March 21st, 2024 at 02:32 AM.
Old March 23rd, 2024, 07:36 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust
Art by Marigoldwhisper

Rather then ducking underground immediately and traversing through the tunnels to get to the hunting ground Crowtooth had forsaken his usual habit and instead stuck above for a bit. Partially this was as a favor to cats less experienced with the underground and potentially leery of the dark, but in part it was a distant worry about the damn minks. Not too long ago he'd been ducked below the falls fully confident only to lead his patrol right into a shredder of claws with no warning.

He was not keen to repeat this here.

If every time anyone ducked below was a risk until the mink were gone it was best to limit that risk right? Or maybe they were only below the falls and everywhere else was safe. Problem was they just didnt know enough yet, and prey still needed to be hunted.

Arriving at the grove the tom delayed the patrol from entering just for a moment so he could inspect the entrance, checking thoroughly for any sign of danger and finding none. Wonderful! Time to proceed.
"Alrighty everyone today we're doin' somethin' special. I found us a groundhog burrow! Theyre funky little critters, basically large gophers an' 'bout the size o' a rabbit, who live 'n groups! So while I don' tend ta find 'em often theyre the best when I do.

We're gonna go down an' do a wipe. 'f yer quick just dodge their bite an' front paws ta kill 'em, they're not agile or fast (an' 't doesn' do much damage 'f ya get got too, the bite just stings like a nettle). But 'f ya need help just shout an' someone can distract 't fer ya.

Lets get at em!"
Explanation done Crowtooth ducked in, scent marking the walls as he did as a sort of breadcrumb trail for the patrol to follow in and out if they did get lost. Groundhogs really did not require a ton of effort or explanation at all, they were fat large gophers who could never waddle away quick enough to escape. Finding them was most of the effort as their burrows were well hidden but with that done this group would promise to be a feast with minimal issue.

Almost as proof of his words the tom almost immediately encountered a groundhog, which had but a moment to let out an alarm bark at the cat before it was killed, turning the heads of the other groundhogs in the burrow. Poor stupid food rodent, at least it was quick.

+1 Groundhog
@gs29513 @Lillith @Estelle @zozelen

Last edited by Rani; March 23rd, 2024 at 03:55 PM.
Old March 27th, 2024, 07:56 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

...Groundhogs. Hm. Winterpaw hadn't seen any alive groundhogs before, only the ones on the Windclan freshkill pile. Crowtooth had described them as "funky", so he could only wonder what that meant before he went into the burrow to find out for himself. Winterpaw followed in after Crowtooth once a few moments had passed, and quickly spotted a...well, how the warrior had described them was quite accurate.

He veered off the path to corner the groundhog into a little side chamber, swiftly unsheathing his claws to slash at the animal, dodging all of its attempts to bite and claw him back. Eventually he pinned the groundhog down and slashed across it's neck, staining his snow white pelt with blood. Not like Winterpaw cared at all, he was just satisfied with his catch for the patrol. ...Now, how was he supposed to carry this thing along with him...?

(winterpaw rolled an 18! +1 groundhog!)

@gs29513 @Lillith @Estelle @Rani
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; April 10th, 2024 at 09:16 PM.