RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by Blazing
Today 01:46 AM

Old November 1st, 2020, 01:18 PM
don't worry, be happy

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Wolfpaw peaked into the medicine cat den. He had heard that there was a Windclan apprentice who got injured during the play battle and got put in Riverclan's medicine den. The tom wanted to meet this cat, who were they? Who injured them? What are they like? These kinds of questions flooded his mind. Before, he had grabbed the juiciest, tastiest, best fish from the fresh kill pile. He hoped no cat would get mad that he wanted to give such good prey to a Windclan cat but they had to be good hosts!
"Hello!" The fluffy tom greeted. @gs29513

Last edited by Caramel; November 1st, 2020 at 01:18 PM.
Old November 1st, 2020, 02:57 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Thornpaw had been just laying there, not really wanting to put any effort into anything really, when she scented a Riverclan cat outside the medicine cat den. Shuffling herself a bit straighter, so she didn't look quite as lame as she felt, she couldn't decide between a scowl and a smile, so she ended up with neither, just a blank face. Probably better anyway. And then.....she smelled the fish. She knew, almost immediately, that either her or Snailswirl would be eating it. And judging by the smell, she REALLY hoped Snailswirl was the lucky one. Because she wasn't so sure she was up for a fish. Still, she didn't want to be rude, so she mewed Hello. What's your name? when the apprentice greeted her. Oh dear, the fish WAS for her, wasn't it? @Goldenmac
Old November 2nd, 2020, 10:43 AM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Twilightstar swiped her tongue along her wet paws as she waited for their response. She wasn't sure how Snailswirl adjusted to the change, beyond the fact that everything smelt so...strange, he had to eat fish and somehow had gotten used to being wet all the time. If push came to shove, she could handle the fish, not the water, should she ever decide that WindClan was too much for her to handle, as much as she liked Lionstar and how he ran his clan, RiverClan would not be getting her company at all she'd take the rogue life over the water.
Her ears jerked up at the invite in, she rose, sweeping her tail behind her while stepping inside the den. Once her eyes had gotten used to the change in lighting, she honed her gaze in on Thornpaw, examining her for a moment before turn her gaze to Snailswirl.
"You look well, I expected you thinner considering the change in your diet, fish must not taste as bad as it looks and smell." Her head cocked itself with a small smile on her maw. "I'm here to collect Thornpaw if she's strong enough to make the trek home and to inquire when you're planning to return. As willing as I am to accommodate your quest for medical knowledge, WindClan needs you home." The two warriors who were filling in were doing wonderful, but Twilightstar would feel more comfortable with both her appointed medicine cats back.
@eerie elysian

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old November 3rd, 2020, 12:47 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"The spiders were intentional, it's fine! They'll make more eggs and webs, and you'll have a herb supply for seasons to come!"

There was something that downright IRKED Lionstar about Mothshade's sudden intrusion, and he hissed sharply at the other tom. "Out! Out! OUT!"

[ @ChillCat, lion isn't happy ]

What was he thinking?! This wasn't one of Fawn's lessons for everyone, this was PRIVATE! Between him and his good friend Snowflame. Snowflake? "I said GET OUT! The nerve of some cats, intruding on training sessions like they own the damn place." Which they didn't, and Lionstar would remember this.

Tail lashing, he refocused on the task at paw, wiping the goop onto the stone before he resumed his herbs. "Where were we.." he muttered, a little sour about their interruption. The root would be a good start? "Okay, so Snowspark, this is a spittle root. It's called that 'cause you chew it and then spit it on wounds. It's great for uh, numbing them and disinfecting them." He passed the comfrey root over to Snowblaze so he could get a look at it, before pawing at the leaf he found. It looked.. kind of? familiar.

"This is a berry leaf," he informed him. This wasn't too far off - the reality was it was a blackberry leaf - but that's about where the extent of his knowledge truly went. "If you chew it, you can squeeze the juice onto minor wounds to make them heal faster."

Or something. Maybe it'd cure bellyaches.

"And uh, this flower.." It was a stunning purple color, and Lionstar took a moment to gaze at it. He had no way of knowing this was a borage flower, and everything about the plant except the leaves were poisonous to cats. "It's a violet," he determined. "And you use them to help ease bellyaches. The cat has to eat it, of course, for it to work." And there was a cobweb there, of course, but Lionstar figured this was good enough of a start for Snowfire. "Any questions..? This was quite a bit for today, so you can take a moment to soak it all up."

[ @eerie elysian ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old November 3rd, 2020, 07:20 AM
Quagsire

My Mood: Hungry

"AAAAAAAAAHHH" wailed Mousekit, as she came bolting into the medicine den. "Help me, help me, it really hurts! I got a thorn stuck in my paw!' Sure enough, her right paw had a tiny thorn stuck in it. Such an overreaction.
@.:The Nightmare King:.

Please mention me in any posts relating to my character.

Last edited by ThePuzzlerThree; November 3rd, 2020 at 07:24 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 07:35 AM
eternally tired

(these should take place a different times if that's okay! @BILL.)

Sparrowskip sure was startled by this wailing kit. What was thei- oh, a thorn in her paw. Sparrowskip rolled his eyes a bit and went to herb storage. Sure, he didn't know what three quarters of these herbs did, but he knew what poppy seeds did. Wait, did he hear something? He felt like he heard someone talking.. whatever, he got the tiniest piece and gave it to the kit to sooth the pain. Was he suppose to give it before or after? Eh, it probably didn't matter. He slowly extracted the thorn from her paw and was able to get it out! (since this'll be pretty short, there's no need for a form!) @ThePuzzlerThree
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Last edited by marshy; November 3rd, 2020 at 07:40 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 07:47 AM
Quagsire

My Mood: Hungry

@.:The Nightmare King:. "Thank you!" said Mousekit. "Sorry about making so much noise, but thorns hurt." Mouskit bounded away, tripped and fell, got back up, and kept rinning into the clearing.

Please mention me in any posts relating to my character.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 09:52 AM
don't worry, be happy

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Thornpaw had been just laying there, not really wanting to put any effort into anything really, when she scented a Riverclan cat outside the medicine cat den. Shuffling herself a bit straighter, so she didn't look quite as lame as she felt, she couldn't decide between a scowl and a smile, so she ended up with neither, just a blank face. Probably better anyway. And then.....she smelled the fish. She knew, almost immediately, that either her or Snailswirl would be eating it. And judging by the smell, she REALLY hoped Snailswirl was the lucky one. Because she wasn't so sure she was up for a fish. Still, she didn't want to be rude, so she mewed Hello. What's your name? when the apprentice greeted her. Oh dear, the fish WAS for her, wasn't it? @Goldenmac

"Wolfpaw! I brought you some food!" He said, dropping the fish in front of her.
The fluffy tom smiled at the windclan apprentice, he glanced over at an injury that had not healed yet, he didn't know who had hurt this cat but Goslingpaw had been missing from the apprentice's den for a few days... Well it was no worry anymore, the windclan cat seemed pretty fine now and that was good!
Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:53 PM
eternally tired

Ok, this was bad, Sparrowskip had only just become medicine cat and he already had two critically injured cats that he could not care for. He was really panicking. They were both in a lot of pain and he could do nothing but stuff poppy seeds in their mouths. But they might go to sleep, and never wake up. After a bit on thinking he asked Snakepaw if he could put Owlflight out of his misery with a bite to the neck. "Snakepaw, I just don't think I can do it, maybe we can save Mapleleaf, i highly doubt it though.. But for sure we can't save Owlflight. I don't even think Fawnsqueak could save him." His eyes were filled with sadness while he asked him.
@Trouble @Cobra @Rani
----------------------------
Sparrowskip was looked at all the different herbs when a cat stumbled in. He turned around to see Sootspring. "Hey Sootspring, what can I do for yo- oh." He saw the cut on her paw and it sure looked a bit nasty. "That looks bad, sit down in a nest and i'll go see what herbs I have." He then went to herb storage to check. @soot
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old November 3rd, 2020, 05:16 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Flyfur decided to come in and check on Charredpaw. Aside from occasionally helping to change the webs on his wounds, and the moss he was sleeping in, she hadn't seen much of him and de died she'd poke in just to see him, and to congratulate Sparrowskip.
It was nice that Fawnsqueak got to be a warrior again, she knew he didn't choose this, but Otterstrike's failings had pushed Lionstar's decision.

She padded in instead to Sparrowskip panicked and two critically injured cats.
Oh, dear. Oh, no.
"Oh, uhm. Do you want help? What happened here?"
She darted over. She didn't know much about herbs but maybe she could help? She recognized Mpaleleaf, barely, but not the other cat.
@Trouble @Cobra @Rani @:Grimmlin:

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.