Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Q & A! (With my...
Today 06:21 PM
QNA for some of my...
Last post by GalaxyDreams
Today 06:20 PM
★ ramen's little art shop ★
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 06:16 PM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by nyx
Today 06:15 PM
Themed Art Competition...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Today 06:13 PM

Old January 20th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Shrinking Violet

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Hoot flinched as the tom's blow landed. His breath stopped once again when he spotted the dark color of blood fall from Silence's ear. He wrinkled his nose, only able to imagine how much that must have hurt. It was a while before any more air returned to the young tom's lungs. His heart dropped when he realized that the stranger knew that Hoot was hiding in the den. He was crow-food for sure now.

Silence, however, hadn't given up just yet it seemed. She was still protecting her guest. Hoot had to agree with the other tom. Why was Silence protecting Hoot? It really didn't come as much of a surprise to him after seeing all of the plants and the flowers. Silence is too kind to cats she doesn't know, Hoot thought. But why is she risking herself for me? The she-cat had already gotten herself injured trying to protect the tom she'd only met today. It was foolish at best. Hoot didn't want her getting hurt trying to protect him.

The she-cat's words seemed to stir something in Hoot. He was still scared beyond belief. But he was scared for himself and Silence. Hoot couldn't remember the last time he was scared for someone else. A tiny ounce of courage returned to the green-eyed tom. Slowly, he rose from his crouching position and carefully padded into the clearing. He moved far enough to be sure he was in Silence's range of vision, but far enough that the stranger wouldn't be able to reach him with one leap.

Hoot took a few deep breaths, trying to regain his strength and voice. "I don't know who you are, but you aren't welcome here. I suggest you leave and don't ever come back." The younger tom felt his tan fur begin to rise around his neck. He wanted to snarl at the stranger, but his lips were quivering just a little bit and he didn't want to bring attention to it. But he was doing it! He was standing up to this cat, for his sake along with Silence's.

Silence smiled softly at Hoot, seeing his words from the corner of her eye. Seems the young tom was a little more plucky than she'd thought. The smile faded quickly, though when Spark sneered down at her. "So, you're going for younger toms, now?" He swiped at her again, but the small she-cat ducked. "How pathetic. I told you when you left, no one else could ever love you." Silence lunged for his ankles, causing Spark to retreat a few steps. Though he looked more amused than threatened.

Her pelt burned with embarrassment at his crass insinuation. She bared her teeth at him. Get out! But he ignored her, taking a few steps towards Hoot. "You know that she's broken, don't you? Why on earth do you want her?" He snickered "You've smelled all the other cats that've been here, I'm sure. You're just another wanderer she shelters to feel good about herself. She doesn't really care about you, you know." His cold eyes raked over Silence accusingly before returning to Hoot "This isn't your business, so I suggest you leave."

Silence's eyes flashed with anger, and she lunged at him again, jumping to snap at his neck and swiping at his legs. Spark was forced to retreat again. It was all Silence could do to keep him moving. But he was toying with her, as he always was. If the tom decided to actually fight she was no match for him. But, if she could get him as far away from Hoot as possible, her friend would have more time to escape once the flighting started.

Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!

Last edited by Raindancer; January 20th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 08:06 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Silence smiled softly at Hoot, seeing his words from the corner of her eye. Seems the young tom was a little more plucky than she'd thought. The smile faded quickly, though when Spark sneered down at her. "So, you're going for younger toms, now?" He swiped at her again, but the small she-cat ducked. "How pathetic. I told you when you left, no one else could ever love you." Silence lunged for his ankles, causing Spark to retreat a few steps. Though he looked more amused than threatened.

Her pelt burned with embarrassment at his crass insinuation. She bared her teeth at him. Get out! But he ignored her, taking a few steps towards Hoot. "You know that she's broken, don't you? Why on earth do you want her?" He snickered "You've smelled all the other cats that've been here, I'm sure. You're just another wanderer she shelters to feel good about herself. She doesn't really care about you, you know." His cold eyes raked over Silence accusingly before returning to Hoot "This isn't your business, so I suggest you leave."

Silence's eyes flashed with anger, and she lunged at him again, jumping to snap at his neck and swiping at his legs. Spark was forced to retreat again. It was all Silence could do to keep him moving. But he was toying with her, as he always was. If the tom decided to actually fight she was no match for him. But, if she could get him as far away from Hoot as possible, her friend would have more time to escape once the flighting started.
"Well that's quite rude of you to say, don't you think?" Hoot countered. He took half a step forward, but not daring to move any closer. "It's also very impolite to talk about other cats as if they aren't standing right in front of you." This felt good. This trash talk. It felt good to try and be intimidating too. The more he spoke, the more confident the tom became. As the stranger turned to speak to Hoot, he stiffened, but held his ground. His claws dug into the ground beneath him as if his rapidly beating heart would blow him away. "Broken?" He mewed incredulously. "You mean her deafness? She like she's functioning well enough." Hoot motioned his tail around the clearing. He struggled to continue his menacing act while heat burned under his pelt. The stranger's accusations were unwarranted, but appeared as if they were fueled by jealousy.

"It's not like that at all." The younger tom assured him. "We're not- we aren't together. We're acquaintances. Friends at best. And what does all of that matter? Perhaps she's using me, but maybe I'm using her too. This clearing isn't a bad place to stay and I've been fed so far." The tom's words had almost shaken him. It was possible Silence was just a selfish she-cat that was using him. But weren't all cats selfish deep down? But the plants. . . That entire scene between the two of them seemed to genuine. "Yeah," Hoot said firmly, looking into the tom's cold eyes. "It may not be my business, but I'm actually finding it pretty hard to stand by and say nothing." The Abyssinian tom's voice burned with the truth.

The tom's green eyes widened as Silence suddenly jumped towards the tom. He watched her with confusion. She probably wasn't much of a match for the stranger. Why would she go pick a fight with him? Perhaps she thought that Hoot would jump in to help her. It's possible that he would and could, but he wasn't much of a fighter. He imagined trying to talk the other tom out of the clearing would be the safest bet. But maybe Silence knew something that Hoot didn't.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:06 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
"Well that's quite rude of you to say, don't you think?" Hoot countered. He took half a step forward, but not daring to move any closer. "It's also very impolite to talk about other cats as if they aren't standing right in front of you." This felt good. This trash talk. It felt good to try and be intimidating too. The more he spoke, the more confident the tom became. As the stranger turned to speak to Hoot, he stiffened, but held his ground. His claws dug into the ground beneath him as if his rapidly beating heart would blow him away. "Broken?" He mewed incredulously. "You mean her deafness? She like she's functioning well enough." Hoot motioned his tail around the clearing. He struggled to continue his menacing act while heat burned under his pelt. The stranger's accusations were unwarranted, but appeared as if they were fueled by jealousy.

"It's not like that at all." The younger tom assured him. "We're not- we aren't together. We're acquaintances. Friends at best. And what does all of that matter? Perhaps she's using me, but maybe I'm using her too. This clearing isn't a bad place to stay and I've been fed so far." The tom's words had almost shaken him. It was possible Silence was just a selfish she-cat that was using him. But weren't all cats selfish deep down? But the plants. . . That entire scene between the two of them seemed to genuine. "Yeah," Hoot said firmly, looking into the tom's cold eyes. "It may not be my business, but I'm actually finding it pretty hard to stand by and say nothing." The Abyssinian tom's voice burned with the truth.

The tom's green eyes widened as Silence suddenly jumped towards the tom. He watched her with confusion. She probably wasn't much of a match for the stranger. Why would she go pick a fight with him? Perhaps she thought that Hoot would jump in to help her. It's possible that he would and could, but he wasn't much of a fighter. He imagined trying to talk the other tom out of the clearing would be the safest bet. But maybe Silence knew something that Hoot didn't.

Spark looked shocked at Hoot actually retorted. Recovering himself, he dodged Silence's attacks, almost allowing her to push him back towards the edge of the clearing. Eyes flashing with contempt, he struck back, one large paw slamming down on her throat, pinning her violently.

Silence let out a strangled, gurgling gasp, the sound ripping from her like a scream. She felt the coldness of Spark's claws sliding out across her skin, then the dribble of blood that followed. Not enough to kill her, just a scrape, to show how much more powerful he was. "She has you fooled well. She didn't tell you about her past, did she? About me." He cast another glance down at her with his piercing ice eyes, and Silence felt her heart stop, for just a moment. She was frozen, both in fear and in pain, trying desperately to figure a way out of his grasp.

"You see, my father and I found her as a kit, abandoned by her family after she was deafened. We took her in and raised her, cared for her, taught her how to survive in the world despite her lameness. Then, when my father died, she abandoned me--after I'd devoted my life to her! I cared for her! I loved her!" As his rage became more passionate, his claws sank a little further into her flesh, bit by bit. Silence's eyes strayed from Spark, for just a moment, and looked to Hoot.

It's not true! She said, pain and fear in her eyes It's not! This further enraged Spark; the dappled tom growled "Leave! This is not your fight, stranger. This is between me and my wayward mate." At that word Silence struck out, anger making her small body tremble. Spark had been distracted, and that was all she needed. Her claws hit skin, and the tom recoiled with a surprised yelp. The little she-cat scrambled away from him, blood dripping from her neck. Her face contorted with anger and pain as she snarled at him, ears pressed flat against her skull.

Mates?? Never! Not with you in this lifetime. She hastily backed towards Hoot, eyes darting between the stunned Spark and her friend. Hoot, it's not safe.He's not the type to leave without bloodshed--and I don't think mine will be enough this time. She dug her claws into the ground as the pain from her wounds hit her. I don't want you hurt.

Last edited by Raindancer; January 23rd, 2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 09:44 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Spark looked shocked at Hoot actually retorted. Recovering himself, he dodged Silence's attacks, almost allowing her to push him back towards the edge of the clearing. Eyes flashing with contempt, he struck back, one large paw slamming down on her throat, pinning her violently.

Silence let out a strangled, gurgling gasp, the sound ripping from her like a scream. She felt the coldness of Spark's claws sliding out across her skin, then the dribble of blood that followed. Not enough to kill her, just a scrape, to show how much more powerful he was. "She has you fooled well. She didn't tell you about her past, did she? About me." He cast another glance down at her with his piercing ice eyes, and Silence felt her heart stop, for just a moment. She was frozen, both in fear and in pain, trying desperately to figure a way out of his grasp.

"You see, my father and I found her as a kit, abandoned by her family after she was deafened. We took her in and raised her, cared for her, taught her how to survive in the world despite her lameness. Then, when my father died, she abandoned me--after I'd devoted my life to her! I cared for her! I loved her!" As his rage became more passionate, his claws sank a little further into her flesh, bit by bit. Silence's eyes strayed from Spark, for just a moment, and looked to Hoot.

It's not true! She said, pain and fear in her eyes It's not! This further enraged Spark; the dappled tom growled "Leave! This is not your fight, stranger. This is between me and my wayward mate." At that word Silence struck out, anger making her small body tremble. Spark had been distracted, and that was all she needed. Her claws hit skin, and the tom recoiled with a surprised yelp. The little she-cat scrambled away from him, blood dripping from her neck. Her face contorted with anger and pain as she snarled at him, ears pressed flat against her skull.

Mates?? Never! Not with you in this lifetime. She hastily backed towards Hoot, eyes darting between the stunned Spark and her friend. Hoot, it's not safe.He's not the type to leave without bloodshed--and I don't think mine will be enough this time. She dug her claws into the ground as the pain from her wounds hit her. I don't want you hurt.
The tom stepped back with surprise as the action resumed once more. Horror flooded through his veins. "Stop it! Stop it!" Hoot's voice was weak the first time. He was hardly audible. He was frozen with fear once more. Hoot was growing far too familiar with the sickening paralysation of terror. Silence's version of a scream sent shivers down his spine. Panting heavily, Hoot narrowed his eyes as the stranger spoke. His gaze flickered between Silence and the stranger, unsure. Was Silence that cruel? Had she ditched the son of the cat who raised her? The cat who loved her?

The pain in the she-cat's eyes told him otherwise. He believed her. The younger tom didn't know much about mates, but he knew that these two. . . They were not what mates were supposed to be. Hoot held his breath as Silence slipped out from the tom's grasp. Her reaction to the stranger's words told him he was right. Hoot was nearly as repulsed by the tom as Silence was.

Hoot stared at the she-cat, visually torn. He was too invested now. He'd seen and heard too much. It would be hard to walk away. Another part of him wanted to, however. For his own safety. It was merely survival talking. He could leave the two cats. He could leave this place and head for the Twolegplace. Maybe he'd be able to see it from a really tall tree. He'd climb it and then head home. He could be back in his nest in the birdbath in no more than a day and a half. But what kind of cat would I be if I just left her? He knew the answer. If he left Silence now, he'd be just like every cat that he hated. Ever cat the used him, every cat that betrayed him, he'd be just like them. Hoot would be a hypocrite.

I can't, Hoot pleaded silently. I can't go. There has to be something I can do to help you. I'm not a coward. He was desperate for an answer or an easy solution.

Profile pic
Old January 23rd, 2018, 10:14 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
The tom stepped back with surprise as the action resumed once more. Horror flooded through his veins. "Stop it! Stop it!" Hoot's voice was weak the first time. He was hardly audible. He was frozen with fear once more. Hoot was growing far too familiar with the sickening paralysation of terror. Silence's version of a scream sent shivers down his spine. Panting heavily, Hoot narrowed his eyes as the stranger spoke. His gaze flickered between Silence and the stranger, unsure. Was Silence that cruel? Had she ditched the son of the cat who raised her? The cat who loved her?

The pain in the she-cat's eyes told him otherwise. He believed her. The younger tom didn't know much about mates, but he knew that these two. . . They were not what mates were supposed to be. Hoot held his breath as Silence slipped out from the tom's grasp. Her reaction to the stranger's words told him he was right. Hoot was nearly as repulsed by the tom as Silence was.

Hoot stared at the she-cat, visually torn. He was too invested now. He'd seen and heard too much. It would be hard to walk away. Another part of him wanted to, however. For his own safety. It was merely survival talking. He could leave the two cats. He could leave this place and head for the Twolegplace. Maybe he'd be able to see it from a really tall tree. He'd climb it and then head home. He could be back in his nest in the birdbath in no more than a day and a half. But what kind of cat would I be if I just left her? He knew the answer. If he left Silence now, he'd be just like every cat that he hated. Ever cat the used him, every cat that betrayed him, he'd be just like them. Hoot would be a hypocrite.

I can't, Hoot pleaded silently. I can't go. There has to be something I can do to help you. I'm not a coward. He was desperate for an answer or an easy solution.

Silence smiled at him, gently. Taking a few steps towards him, she reached up and touched her nose to his ear, briefly, though she winced as she stretched her neck. Then continue to be brave, please. Spark twists the truth, do not let him fool you. I'll tell you everything once this is over, okay?

The mottled tom had watched their interaction, visibly growing more agitated. But Silence's affection towards the younger tom sent him into a full on rage, and he stalked towards the other two. Silence could not wait for Hoot's response, but turned towards Spark as he advanced. She met him halfway, making sure to keep him distanced from Hoot.

The little black cat then simply sat down, tail curling over her paws. She looked Spark directly in the eyes. The anger and hate in them caused her to quake again, but she didn't move, even as he stood over her, snarling. "What was that?? You still claim you aren't involved?" She answered Not like that. He is my friend and my guest here. Her calm answer only enraged him further. "Lair! I'll kill you!" Silence looked up at Spark, the monster who haunted her. Orange eyes met ice.

Do it.

Spark's growl ripped through the air, meshing with the thunder as it rolled in with the hard grey clouds overhead. Opening his jaws, he tackled her, mouth closing around her throat. The she-cat remained motionless, calm despite the shaking of her body. Heartbeats passed, but nothing happened. Spark seemed almost frozen, unable to make the kill but just as unwilling to let her go.

Last edited by Raindancer; January 24th, 2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old February 10th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Silence smiled at him, gently. Taking a few steps towards him, she reached up and touched her nose to his ear, briefly, though she winced as she stretched her neck. Then continue to be brave, please. Spark twists the truth, do not let him fool you. I'll tell you everything once this is over, okay?

The mottled tom had watched their interaction, visibly growing more agitated. But Silence's affection towards the younger tom sent him into a full on rage, and he stalked towards the other two. Silence could not wait for Hoot's response, but turned towards Spark as he advanced. She met him halfway, making sure to keep him distanced from Hoot.

The little black cat then simply sat down, tail curling over her paws. She looked Spark directly in the eyes. The anger and hate in them caused her to quake again, but she didn't move, even as he stood over her, snarling. "What was that?? You still claim you aren't involved?" She answered Not like that. He is my friend and my guest here. Her calm answer only enraged him further. "Lair! I'll kill you!" Silence looked up at Spark, the monster who haunted her. Orange eyes met ice.

Do it.

Spark's growl ripped through the air, meshing with the thunder as it rolled in with the hard grey clouds overhead. Opening his jaws, he tackled her, mouth closing around her throat. The she-cat remained motionless, calm despite the shaking of her body. Heartbeats passed, but nothing happened. Spark seemed almost frozen, unable to make the kill but just as unwilling to let her go.
Hoot looked deep into Silence's eyes and gave the slightest nod of his head. He'd trust her for now. She was still practically a stranger, but Hoot definitely didn't trust Spark. Everything about the tom seemed off. The vibes he was giving off sent shivers down the Abyssinian's spine. He dug his claws into the ground as the two cats faced each other. The tension was killing Hoot. He just wanted this entire thing to be over. He didn't really know what was happening anyways. This had all just started out as an adventure. How did I get here? Hoot didn't have time to think about that right now. He needed keep focused on reality and the situation at paw.

The tom struggled to keep a low growl to himself. Spark was being far too aggressive over nothing. His emotion did not go unmatched, however. It seemed that rage filled Silence and Spark equally. Both cats were fuming. Hoot didn't know there was that much anger and rage to be felt. Hoot flinched at the sound of the thunder paired with Spark's thunderous growl. He took a step forward as the tom gripped Silence in what seemed to be less than half a heartbeat. He gulped, unsure of what to do. He wanted to free Silence, but Spark could kill her in an instant at this point. No matter what, Hoot wasn't going to make this worse. So, he watched Spark and Silence carefully, ready to attack if he needed to. He tried to be silent as if that would make the tom forget that he was even there. Don't do this, don't do this, don't do this, Hoot begged silently. Let her go. He lashed his tan tail behind him, green eyes growing pained.

[ So so sorry about the late reply! I've been very sick for the last few weeks and wasn't able to make any posts! ]

Profile pic
Old February 21st, 2018, 05:34 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
Hoot looked deep into Silence's eyes and gave the slightest nod of his head. He'd trust her for now. She was still practically a stranger, but Hoot definitely didn't trust Spark. Everything about the tom seemed off. The vibes he was giving off sent shivers down the Abyssinian's spine. He dug his claws into the ground as the two cats faced each other. The tension was killing Hoot. He just wanted this entire thing to be over. He didn't really know what was happening anyways. This had all just started out as an adventure. How did I get here? Hoot didn't have time to think about that right now. He needed keep focused on reality and the situation at paw.

The tom struggled to keep a low growl to himself. Spark was being far too aggressive over nothing. His emotion did not go unmatched, however. It seemed that rage filled Silence and Spark equally. Both cats were fuming. Hoot didn't know there was that much anger and rage to be felt. Hoot flinched at the sound of the thunder paired with Spark's thunderous growl. He took a step forward as the tom gripped Silence in what seemed to be less than half a heartbeat. He gulped, unsure of what to do. He wanted to free Silence, but Spark could kill her in an instant at this point. No matter what, Hoot wasn't going to make this worse. So, he watched Spark and Silence carefully, ready to attack if he needed to. He tried to be silent as if that would make the tom forget that he was even there. Don't do this, don't do this, don't do this, Hoot begged silently. Let her go. He lashed his tan tail behind him, green eyes growing pained.

[ So so sorry about the late reply! I've been very sick for the last few weeks and wasn't able to make any posts! ]

After what felt like an eternity, Silence opened her mouth and spoke. Her scraping, rusty voice was shaking terribly with fear. "Spark.." The sound of her voice startled the frozen tom, and his grip on her throat loosened just enough for the little black cat to twist around and free herself. Spark's disorientation didn't last, however, and he lunged for Silence again.

The she-cat flattened herself to the earth, her small size becoming an advantage as her opponent flew over her. She bounced back to her feet in time to snap at his tail, drawing blood. Spark made a slight noise of pain, but instead of turning around to face her again he continued toward Hoot. Silence's orange eyes widened in panic and she chased after, like a small shadow.

(No worries, please!! I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm so sorry I was late to respond, midterms are around the corner so I'm swamped with work atm.)

Old February 24th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
After what felt like an eternity, Silence opened her mouth and spoke. Her scraping, rusty voice was shaking terribly with fear. "Spark.." The sound of her voice startled the frozen tom, and his grip on her throat loosened just enough for the little black cat to twist around and free herself. Spark's disorientation didn't last, however, and he lunged for Silence again.

The she-cat flattened herself to the earth, her small size becoming an advantage as her opponent flew over her. She bounced back to her feet in time to snap at his tail, drawing blood. Spark made a slight noise of pain, but instead of turning around to face her again he continued toward Hoot. Silence's orange eyes widened in panic and she chased after, like a small shadow.

(No worries, please!! I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm so sorry I was late to respond, midterms are around the corner so I'm swamped with work atm.)
[ Thank you! And it's no problem! I totally get it. My exams are coming up too. ]

The scratchy and rusted sound of Silence's voice sent shivers down Hoot's spine once again. He knew that she hardly used it and that she only used it when she thought it was necessary. Though the Abyssinian considered himself very accepting of the she-cat, her voice still scared him every other time that she used it. It seemed that Spark had felt the same way or at least was taken aback this time. Hoot let out a breath of relief as Silence slithered out of Spark's grasp. It had been a close call. Too close of a call.

Hoot hardly had enough time to recover his breath by the time he realized Spark was now heading for Hoot. The tan colored tom instinctively took a step backwards, but stopped himself before he could take another. The tom focused his green eyes on Spark's icy blue eyes. He flexed his claws, ready to use them if he had to. He wanted to say something, but he didn't know what to say. Could something he said change the murderous path that it seemed like Spark was on? Could anything Hoot said make it better, or would it only make things worse for not only himself, but Silence too? He settled on being silent for now. The green-eyed tom did try to will Spark to stand down with his thoughts however. He willed Spark to stop and to leave Silence alone.

Profile pic