Last post by sootflame
Today 03:35 PM

Old December 31st, 2022, 03:49 PM

My Mood: Devilish

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Gentlepaw

There were too many cats in camp.
Too many.
They clutter around the clearing, they let their stupid kits yowl and run around, they sneak out of camp loudly, they talk to loudly at each other, they have loud, pointless fights where it always ends with blood. They don’t seem to care that they’re killing me. Chatter chatter chatter goes the cats, milling around and chatting. Squeak squeak squeak goes the mice in the forest.
Here’s my endless noise. Gentlepaw thought.
I just want it to be quiet.
To not have to listen to the noise.
All.
The.
Time.
I just need peace.
But noise is
everywhere.
Gentlepaw sighed, shaking her head. Even she could hear the rustling of rodents between the rocks and leaves now. This was all too much.
She heard a crow give a loud caw. She winced, and closed her eyes, trying to drown all the noise out. She felt the glow of the sun in her eyelid. She was going to have to open her eyes. She opened an eyelid and jerked back as the light flooded into her vision. It took a moment til she had energy to open her other eye. She was exhausted.

[ open to 1 @jupiter ]

Last edited by 17818; January 1st, 2023 at 04:48 AM.
Old January 1st, 2023, 06:58 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by val View Post
Stealth training? Oh, right. This was ShadowClan, and what better way to fight than in the shadows? Sagepaw grinned, confident he'd do well in this albeit he had many flaws. "Alright," he complied, shifting down into his crouch. The apprentice forced his tail to be still; it was twitching too much with anticipation. Sagepaw looked up from where he crouched, keen for either approval or criticism. He supposed his crouch would have to be really good, especially if his prey was an enemy cat and not an unsuspecting piece of to-be fresh-kill.
(( that's alright! ))
Woollyfeather looked over Sagepaw's form, taking note of his effort to keep his tail still. Restraint was a good quality to have.
She nodded her approval.
"Your form is good. Is your stance comfortable for you? Your ability to concentrate on creeping up on an unsuspecting target can be impacted by discomfort. If this works for you, you may continue by showing me how you move which crouched.
If it does not, feel free to shift your stance until you do, and then you can try."

Once he felt comfortable with his movements like this and showed he had a decent balance, she'd crouch beside him and take him to stalk further into the forest, his first practice target being prey.

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old January 1st, 2023, 03:38 PM
nothing's forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post

Woollyfeather looked over Sagepaw's form, taking note of his effort to keep his tail still. Restraint was a good quality to have.
She nodded her approval.
"Your form is good. Is your stance comfortable for you? Your ability to concentrate on creeping up on an unsuspecting target can be impacted by discomfort. If this works for you, you may continue by showing me how you move which crouched.
If it does not, feel free to shift your stance until you do, and then you can try."

Once he felt comfortable with his movements like this and showed he had a decent balance, she'd crouch beside him and take him to stalk further into the forest, his first practice target being prey.
Sagepaw grinned at the approval. "Okay." He shifted his weight a little bit and relaxed more before focusing on a lump of snow to stalk towards. He kept low to the ground, glancing back to Woollyfeather. He wondered exactly how different stalking a cat vs. a mouse was. Did he still pounce on a cat? He would assume so, even though it felt awkward. Pouncing on cats was a kit thing.
Old January 1st, 2023, 10:19 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
Ratpaw
━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━
Male[he/him] - Post 60

Following after his mentor the young tom kept his eyes peeled for the herbs they were looking for. Hearing his mentor say something about finding chickweed Ratpaw moved over. He grabbed a couple, but wanting t be resourceful he didn't take too much. Leafbare had just started. Okay burdock root. Pokey? He'd try to avoid touching them then. It sounded terrifying if he touched it.

Moving along he kept his eyes peeled and himself alert. What felt like a while the tom finally came across what looked like the description. "I think found the burdock. I'm not sure though.", he called. Ratpaw didn't want to pick any until he was sure it was what he thought it was. He'd rather be safe than sorry. Plus if it might be poison he wouldn't be too happy if he put his mouth near it.

┌─────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ───────┐
@Ravensong;
└─────── °∘∘♡∘∘° ───────┘
**Cougarivy**

Prancing back towards her apprentice, she cocked her head as she noticed first the plant Ratpaw was standing before. She smiled then pricked her ear at his question. ”Well I’m no medicine cat but I’d say so. Smells…herby enough to me,” she giggled. She took to one of the nearby plants and started digging around the base until she found the stringy roots and followed them back to the thicker stalks. She nipped off a couple shooting off from the main center piece shooting downward further into the ground. She looked up, sticking her gaze on the apprentice. ”Grab a bit off that plant then bury it back up and then we can go back.” She flicked her tail at the plant in front of Ratpaw then used a paw to sweep the loose dirt back over the hole she’d created beneath the one in front of her.

[ +2 burdock ]

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing

Last edited by Pitou; January 4th, 2023 at 12:29 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2023, 03:29 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensong View Post
**Cougarivy**

Prancing back towards her apprentice, she cocked her head as she noticed first the plant Ratpaw was standing before. She smiled then pricked her ear at his question. ”Well I’m no medicine cat but I’d say so. Smells…herby enough to me,” she giggled. She took to one of the nearby plants and started digging around the base until she found the stringy roots and followed them back to the thicker stalks. She nipped off a couple shooting off from the main center piece shooting downward further into the ground. She looked up, sticking her gaze on the apprentice. ”Grab a bit off that plant then bury it back up and then we can go back.” She flicked her tail at the plant in front of Ratpaw then used a paw to sweep the loose dirt back over the hole she’d created beneath the one in front of her.
Ratpaw nodded and did exactly what he was told. He then helped bury the plant. He looked to her ready to get back to camp.

(sorry its short, motivation is low, but wanted to get this done)

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old January 3rd, 2023, 07:14 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by val View Post
Sagepaw grinned at the approval. "Okay." He shifted his weight a little bit and relaxed more before focusing on a lump of snow to stalk towards. He kept low to the ground, glancing back to Woollyfeather. He wondered exactly how different stalking a cat vs. a mouse was. Did he still pounce on a cat? He would assume so, even though it felt awkward. Pouncing on cats was a kit thing.
Woollyfeather paid close attention to how much sound Sagepaw's prints were making more than his stance now, as the noise would be what might give him away. Despite the ever present snow for this time of the year, she found his steps only crunched minimally.
She watched his pace for however many minutes he felt like until his pause before a particular snow mound, her strides matching his in their own creeping gait.
Although keeping quiet, it wasn't actually her intention to sneak up on the apprentice.
Satisfied, she let him continue for a bit, before speaking up, keeping her voice soft. She wasn't sure she'd startle the apprentice and it felt wrong to break the steady silence that came over the clearing.
"Your steps are light and defy the snows desire to crunch. You're doing very good. Would you like to keep practicing, or do you want to test your technique? We can try stalking prey or I can run a distances and you can try sneaking up on me."

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old January 3rd, 2023, 10:37 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

❁ Daintypaw ❁ @Sharkii

Daintypaw had just had to clean her paws and muzzle from the blood of some unfortunate RiverClan apprentice (who she never got the name of) and was heading back to camp when she heard something. Or rather sensed the dreadful cloud that was emotions.

As she created a small hill and spotting a younger molly chilling underneath the shelter of the pines. Mint eyes flashed, the tang of blood still in her mouth, and dainty paws padding softly towards the other apprentice, the soft and careful footfall of a killer.

Gentlepaw. A fellow prissy name. Daintypaw made a face, which the other cat missed because her eyes were closed, and saw the wince flash across the younger cats face as a crow cawed. Something made the tabby not want to walk away with her usual sneer of apathy.

Sitting down, she paused a moment, eyeing the crow. "I can go kill that, if you want." This rare attempt at genuine socialization was perhaps the reason for the usually humorous, rude molly to show a rare form of docileness. She glanced at Gentlepaw out of the corner of her eye before waiting for a response.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; January 6th, 2023 at 06:58 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2023, 01:38 PM
nothing's forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post

Woollyfeather paid close attention to how much sound Sagepaw's prints were making more than his stance now, as the noise would be what might give him away. Despite the ever present snow for this time of the year, she found his steps only crunched minimally.
She watched his pace for however many minutes he felt like until his pause before a particular snow mound, her strides matching his in their own creeping gait.
Although keeping quiet, it wasn't actually her intention to sneak up on the apprentice.
Satisfied, she let him continue for a bit, before speaking up, keeping her voice soft. She wasn't sure she'd startle the apprentice and it felt wrong to break the steady silence that came over the clearing.
"Your steps are light and defy the snows desire to crunch. You're doing very good. Would you like to keep practicing, or do you want to test your technique? We can try stalking prey or I can run a distances and you can try sneaking up on me."
Sagepaw's eyes widened at Woollyfeather's whisper. So, that was how a cat would sneak up on another? He had to admit, it was a little frightening. But also...amazing? He wished he would have the ability to sneak like that, if not to only make jokes with other apprentices. Sagepaw guessed he was already somewhat close to that if Woollyfeather was complimenting his form. "I should try sneaking up on you?" he suggested, returning the soft tone.
Old January 4th, 2023, 01:47 AM
i'm back!! & amp; amp; amp; amp; l t;3

Bump Policy: after one week; patrols bumps can be done every 2 days, I’m forgetful at times-
My Mood: Mysterious

Foxcall was quietly stalking up on some prey, ears pointed and swiveling as they watched the bird they were hunting. Once they were close enough they quickly pounced and caught the bird. Though the rain that pattered on their pelt was annoying, they grunted and grabbed the bird they had caught. It was much but most of the prey had ran and hide because of the rain.

bump after a week
posting days are tuesday, thursday, and saturday if i happen to post outside of this, it's for my own enjoyment
staff sign here
dracarys - dani <3
oh look a fossil
RAHHHH (velli)
Old January 4th, 2023, 09:34 AM

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Christmas Past View Post
Sootstorm sat back on his haunches, waiting for his hunting partner to arrive. Yes, he was early, it's true, but SootStorm was also tired and hungry, not to mention cold.
@Lester
Rowanpaw
he / him
[ hey how are you?
Well I’m doing just fine
I lied
I’m dying inside ]
The orange tom hurriedly scurried towards the warrior, fluffing up his fur against the cold weather he sat down to give his chest a lick. So we’re hunting today? I didn’t learn much of hunting but I swear I’ll try. he piped up.

Last edited by Clyde; January 13th, 2023 at 09:28 AM.