Today 03:11 PM

Old December 25th, 2022, 01:00 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevail View Post

FROSTSCREECH

The Smokey bengal shivers at the sudden change in temperature when he exits the warriors den. The large warrior reluctantly moves to the clearing. The mist of yesterday was unwelcome to him. A cat approached,Frostscreech only knew her by name,as he did for most of his clanmates. Hunting? Hm. “With leafbare right around the corner,I don’t see why not. But if you’re annoying and plan to scare the prey then I would recommend not going with me and choose someone else. I don’t hunt with frog brains,keep that in mind.” Frostscreech let out a sigh,He hesitated only moving at the silence grew louder and louder. His fur slight bristled from the cold. He wasn’t use to the freezing temperatures,even after spending all of his life in it. “Lead the way. The sooner we get moving,the sooner we heat up.

Woollyfeather didn't take Frostscreech's words to heart, and chose not to address them either. Besides, she'd like to think she was a decent hunter. She certainly was far from being the worst.
She gave him a half shrug before padding to leave for camp, but not before mewing a lighthearted quip.
"I'll try to meet your expectations, then."

Her steps were light and full of vigor, thought her fur puffed to keep her warm against the winter air, she couldn't help but enjoy each crisp breath of air she took in, and the slight crunch of frosty undergrowth under her paws, but as she grew closer to a possible hunting spot, she changed her gait to avoid rustling or crunching on anything.
She didn't have to look back to know Frostscreech was still with her. Despite his name, she could just feel his displeasure for the freezing temperatures around them and couldn't help but feel a bit of amusement.
The slight rustle of a smaller creature made her pause, tail signaling for her hunting partner to also pause before slipping into a hunter's crouch, looking back to gauge whether Frostscreech would give chase or if she should go ahead for the catch.

@Prevail

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; December 25th, 2022 at 01:41 AM.
Old December 26th, 2022, 12:41 AM

Woollyfeather lead Sagepaw into the territory, trying to find the perfect spot for stealth training. She tried to decide if she'd have the apprentice start on more or less cluttered terrain.
She hadn't thought to ask the apprentice if they'd ever done any kind of stalking, as it wasn't too different from sneaking up on prey, but cats were smarter and more keen on picking up any mistakes.
Once she found an area with plenty of space for both easy and more difficult training, her pace turned to a slight skip.

Humming softly to herself, she indicated to Sagepaw to stop before turning to the apprentice.
"I think here will be a good spot."
She takes a deep breath of the cold air, glancing up at the sky through the trees for just a moment to prepare herself, ears fluttering a bit as she did. After a few seconds, she turned her attention back to the apprentice in her charge.
"Have you ever pursued prey before?"
@val

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old December 26th, 2022, 02:05 AM
nothing's forever

sagepaw
he/him
shadowclan
white with a grey-striped tail, green eyes
---
A buzz under his pelt electrified Sagepaw, excitement burning in his gaze. He could be a pawful sometimes, but training? He'd try his best to tamp down his goofiness just to learn to be a warrior. There was something alluring about training, as if it connected him closer to ShadowClan, to power, to himself. The crisp air felt a bit more welcoming, and Sagepaw felt thankful for it, despite knowing it was simply the lack of momentary wind. The white cat stopped where Woollyfeather had indicated, nodding a response as he studied the area around him.

His attention shifted and he watched, intrigued by the question of what the warrior was looking at. But his often blunt questions would have to wait. "Sometimes," he replied, his mind lazily drifting to the feeling of prey beneath his claws, a feeling that'd remained out of his reach. Sagepaw blinked, refusing to get caught in a wind of thought. His thoughts ebbed and the apprentice shifted his green gaze to Woollyfeather. "What're we up to?" Obviously training, but what did the warrior want him to do?
@Rainquail
Old December 27th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

**Cougarivy**
@Angelique

As soon as her newest apprentice joined her, the small she-cat turned and bounded out of camp with a smile but not a word. While her stomach had begun to feel heavier her heart was feeling lighter. She must be on Elmshadow's mind for him to send out his pregnant mate on an herb patrol. A small shiver ran down her spine as she slowed, though the brisk chill of the cooling wind didn't slow its weave through her pelt. The black and white fur was short but it was thick and mostly kept her comfortable through the chill of leafbare. And what it didn't ward off she generally appreciated; something about the chill hitting her skin gave her a certain familiar rush. Greenleaf and Newleaf just seemed too easy. It brought more battles but that was only because cats were bored. She preferred the desperate, cornered battles, the battles where cats were truly fighting for their lives, not just their lousy honor.

Cougarivy brought herself back to the present as she slowed. She hadn't gone too far from camp but the scents of herbs were strong enough. "Poppy flower, chickweed, and burdock," she muttered mostly to herself. The tangled small-leafed vines of chickweed were easy enough to identify. She turned back to Ratpaw, "I'm pretty sure this is the chickweed. So get some of that. Burdock has pokey burrs in it, if I remember that right, so keep an eye out. It's the roots we need though." She turned away from the chickweed and the apprentice and padded thoughtfully over the pine needles and wilting grasses until she stopped at a small sunny patch covered in a half-dozen red flowers and green foliage. She smiled and cocked her head as she shoved her face into the flower and picked up the familiar smell from Elmshadow's den. He always had one, rarely more, but most of all she recognized the tiny black seeds held within. She picked off one flower at the base then returned to set it between the roots of a tree before checking in with the apprentice and beginning her search for burdock.
[ +1 poppy ]

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing

Last edited by Pitou; January 4th, 2023 at 12:30 PM.
Old December 28th, 2022, 05:02 AM

My Mood: Devilish

Gentlepaw
【お子様】
Gentlepaw made her way across the muddy marshland, padding across the dry grass. The snow was etched upon every inch of the ground. The apprentice looked up into the sky, yawning. She scrunched her nose and looked up into the blaring sun, which shined weakly on her back. New-leaf better come quickly the she-cat thought grimly before scuffing the snow curiously. She then flicked a paw into the snow, snow burst out into the air like icy shards floating. She watched in awe, eyes gleaming. Oh, the leaves were gone from the trees, the lake was frozen.

Last edited by 17818; December 28th, 2022 at 08:11 AM.
Old December 28th, 2022, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by val View Post
sagepaw
he/him
shadowclan
white with a grey-striped tail, green eyes
---
A buzz under his pelt electrified Sagepaw, excitement burning in his gaze. He could be a pawful sometimes, but training? He'd try his best to tamp down his goofiness just to learn to be a warrior. There was something alluring about training, as if it connected him closer to ShadowClan, to power, to himself. The crisp air felt a bit more welcoming, and Sagepaw felt thankful for it, despite knowing it was simply the lack of momentary wind. The white cat stopped where Woollyfeather had indicated, nodding a response as he studied the area around him.

His attention shifted and he watched, intrigued by the question of what the warrior was looking at. But his often blunt questions would have to wait. "Sometimes," he replied, his mind lazily drifting to the feeling of prey beneath his claws, a feeling that'd remained out of his reach. Sagepaw blinked, refusing to get caught in a wind of thought. His thoughts ebbed and the apprentice shifted his green gaze to Woollyfeather. "What're we up to?" Obviously training, but what did the warrior want him to do?
@Rainquail
There was a very brief moment of silence as Sagepaw's question reached Woollyfeather's ears and felt a flash of embarrassment. She'd been so intent on finding a good training spot, she'd forgotten to let him in on the plans.
"Oh, did I forget to tell you? I apologize, Sagepaw. I had planned to start you on some stealth training."
She thumped her tail against her leg as she thought.
"Stealth for hunting and for battle are quite similar, only taking into account the difference in intelligence of your quarry. To start, I'd like to see your hunters crouch and how you execute it. We'll work from there."

(Sorry it's short)

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; December 28th, 2022 at 07:42 AM.
Old December 28th, 2022, 01:55 PM
nothing's forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post

There was a very brief moment of silence as Sagepaw's question reached Woollyfeather's ears and felt a flash of embarrassment. She'd been so intent on finding a good training spot, she'd forgotten to let him in on the plans.
"Oh, did I forget to tell you? I apologize, Sagepaw. I had planned to start you on some stealth training."
She thumped her tail against her leg as she thought.
"Stealth for hunting and for battle are quite similar, only taking into account the difference in intelligence of your quarry. To start, I'd like to see your hunters crouch and how you execute it. We'll work from there."

(Sorry it's short)
Stealth training? Oh, right. This was ShadowClan, and what better way to fight than in the shadows? Sagepaw grinned, confident he'd do well in this albeit he had many flaws. "Alright," he complied, shifting down into his crouch. The apprentice forced his tail to be still; it was twitching too much with anticipation. Sagepaw looked up from where he crouched, keen for either approval or criticism. He supposed his crouch would have to be really good, especially if his prey was an enemy cat and not an unsuspecting piece of to-be fresh-kill.
(( that's alright! ))
Old December 30th, 2022, 04:44 PM
Ni Ni

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Sleepy

Being out in the open, where she had spent her kittenhood, brought back plenty of memories. Not that they were unwelcome, or that she wanted them, but Chickadeetongue needed a few moments to herself. Of course, she was also aiding in clan duties, her head on a swivel for prey to cross her path or that may grow close, but she was also in her head. Somewhere where she felt safe, like nestled up with her sister, her parents away searching for something to eat. There was one time in particular, when the rain had been pouring down, making a cold environment for the night, with empty stomachs and the silence that wasn't filled by voices.

Of course, she no longer had to worry about those things, now comfortably settled into her rank as a warrior at eighteen moons. She knew to keep her head straight and focus on what needed to be done for the clan rather than her wants. Abide by Dawnstar's rule, never anger her. It was simple enough for Chickadeetongue to remember, something she could fall back on if need be. It was something she hadn't been used to when she was a loner.

Taking a set beneath a pine tree, she curled her tail around herself before allowing her mind and body to relax. Deciding to pay more attention on her way back.

[OPEN]

"I am out with lanterns
looking for myself"

Old December 30th, 2022, 05:16 PM
This is the way.

My Mood: Worried

Sootstorm sat back on his haunches, waiting for his hunting partner to arrive. Yes, he was early, it's true, but SootStorm was also tired and hungry, not to mention cold.

@Lester

Old December 31st, 2022, 12:25 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

Ratpaw
━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━
Male[he/him] - Post 60

Following after his mentor the young tom kept his eyes peeled for the herbs they were looking for. Hearing his mentor say something about finding chickweed Ratpaw moved over. He grabbed a couple, but wanting t be resourceful he didn't take too much. Leafbare had just started. Okay burdock root. Pokey? He'd try to avoid touching them then. It sounded terrifying if he touched it.

Moving along he kept his eyes peeled and himself alert. What felt like a while the tom finally came across what looked like the description. "I think found the burdock. I'm not sure though.", he called. Ratpaw didn't want to pick any until he was sure it was what he thought it was. He'd rather be safe than sorry. Plus if it might be poison he wouldn't be too happy if he put his mouth near it.

┌─────── ∘°∘♡∘°∘ ───────┐
@Ravensong;
└─────── °∘∘♡∘∘° ───────┘

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do