Closed Thread

Old December 11th, 2021, 02:45 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: Lionsbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
~Dragonflyfrond~

Another decision! He hoped he would get it right! The silver tom tipped his head up considering. Crabs are sort of hard to eat what with their hard outer shell. Plus we don’t want to get hurt when it’s almost leaf-bare. Our clans need us to hunt.

“I think we should stick with birds, if that’s alright with you. We seem to have a good strategy going.” He mewed a little nervous to be making a suggestion when the other warrior was older than him. He wasn’t as nervous as before, he noted. Snowleap, seemed reasonable and bright. I’m glad I asked him to join me!
The tall warrior nodded, still wearing a gentle smile. “Works for me,” He meowed, “Didn’t feel like getting nipped by a crab’s claws anyway today, haha.” Snowleap jokes, but he was genuinely relieved that they didn’t have to deal with the stubborn crustaceans during their hunt. He had one get ahold of the tip of his tail once and it was not a pleasant experience. “Let’s head down the beach along the shoreline and see if we can spot any herring or gulls scavenging,” Snowleap remarked, scraping up some sand with one paw as he dug a hole, pushing the gull into it and then burying it. He placed a small stone on top of the sand mound so that he could find it later. “That should keep that safe for now. Come on!” The Riverclan said, waving his clanmate to follow with a wave of his tail before he began to pad down the beach in the opposite direction.
Old December 12th, 2021, 02:39 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: Lionsbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubussy View Post

• Dovetail •

Silver ears perked at the sound of a splash followed by a quick crunch. It wasn’t out of the ordinary to come across a clan mate here, but as far as she could remember they’re hadn’t been any hunting parties sent out yet. Dovetail contemplated ignoring it and going back to lapping up the cold contents of the river, but curiosity got the better of her as she sat up and scanned for the source of the sound. It didn’t take long to spot the black and white figure that belonged to Heronflight.

Heronflight,” Dovetail called out warmly as she approached the other she-cat, large paws treading on the riverbed delicately. “A little late for hunting isn’t it, friend?” The edges of her mouth curled up slightly as she teased the other she-cat.

-->Heronflight<--
The warrior placed the dead crab beside her in the sand. She was going to catch another one when she heard pawsteps in the sand. She looked over with her good eye to see who it was. It seems to be Dovetail who she had seen before, but never really talked to. She gave them a smile. Her lower eye focused on her as well.

"Oh Dovetail! Yeah, it is a bit late for hunting, but it's the best time to catch crabs. This was the first one I have ever really caught before.", she meowed. Heronflight wanted to start a conversation and get to know her clanmate a little bit. It was all she ever wanted to do. She never really talked to much cats, unless you counted her daughter.

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old December 12th, 2021, 01:12 PM
~/Positive Vibes\~

My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_driftin View Post
The tall warrior nodded, still wearing a gentle smile. “Works for me,” He meowed, “Didn’t feel like getting nipped by a crab’s claws anyway today, haha.” Snowleap jokes, but he was genuinely relieved that they didn’t have to deal with the stubborn crustaceans during their hunt. He had one get ahold of the tip of his tail once and it was not a pleasant experience. “Let’s head down the beach along the shoreline and see if we can spot any herring or gulls scavenging,” Snowleap remarked, scraping up some sand with one paw as he dug a hole, pushing the gull into it and then burying it. He placed a small stone on top of the sand mound so that he could find it later. “That should keep that safe for now. Come on!” The Riverclan said, waving his clanmate to follow with a wave of his tail before he began to pad down the beach in the opposite direction.
~Dragonflyfrond~

The silver tom was glad that Snowleap had liked his idea. The gentle tom was quickly putting him at ease. He trotted after his clanmate, growing more and more excited with every step. It’s not fishing, but acting out a plan is super fun!

The scent of gulls quickly filled the two Riverclan cats’ noses. The birds in question were looking around the shoreline for their own prey.

Eaglekit: A hyper and friendly Thunderclan kit.
Lavendersnap: A polite and quiet Windclan elder
Mallardstep: A lazy and even tempered Thunderclan warrior
Dragonflyfrond: An anxious and quiet Riverclan warrior
Hummingbirdkit: A sickly and gentle Shadowclan kit

I’m back from hiatus bump me mercilessly if I don’t respond! I may have forgotten.

~Warning: I write from my character’s perspective. Misunderstandings will be had, assumptions will be made~
Old December 12th, 2021, 01:53 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
~Dragonflyfrond~

The silver tom was glad that Snowleap had liked his idea. The gentle tom was quickly putting him at ease. He trotted after his clanmate, growing more and more excited with every step. It’s not fishing, but acting out a plan is super fun!

The scent of gulls quickly filled the two Riverclan cats’ noses. The birds in question were looking around the shoreline for their own prey.
Making sure the younger warrior kept up with him, Snowleap walked along the shoreline of Lionsbeach, feeling the chilling wind from the ocean’s waves blow against him as they moved onwards. The air stung his nostrils with all that salt that came from the murky waters nearby, but it didn’t keep him from smelling more gulls down the way. He smiled, seeing the white and grey feathered birds pecking at the sand, others flying over the water looking for fish. “Perfect,” Snowleap purred, looking back at Dragonflyfrond, “How about we try and do the same plan as last time, but instead I scare them towards you?”
Old December 12th, 2021, 03:35 PM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
IT WAS SNOWING TODAY!!!!! Sunsetbloom ever thick coated and resistant to cold was excited out of her mind at the snow mind catching on the fluffy flakes as they danced through the air distracting her from her duties for the day. She could take a break right? The molly was generally very active with her duties so one day of probably poor hunting anyway wouldnt be missed. So with that decided where should she go~ Most of riverclans admittedly little land was covered by trees that'd block the fall of snow so going out there to frolic wouldnt be the best, the old range mightve been good but that wasnt their land anymore. Except... The lionsbeach! It was perfect! So with a smile and a bounce the molly made her way to the open beach smiling wide at the fine dusting of snow over the area before she burst into motion leaping and snapping at the flakes in the air running around like a kit and paying no attention to where she was going.

@spade
It was a magical day indeed, and as soon as the flakes fell through the air Kestrelstar was out of his den and roaming through the territory. Not many in RiverClan knew - heck, he was sure not a single cat knew aside from Junipersong - but snow was quite literally Kestrelstar's favorite. Little white frozen fractals floating through the air, each landing with a chilling kiss of leaf-bare. His medium length fur was enough to keep most of the cold out, so he could go out and enjoy the thick of snowfall without suppressing many shivers.

Making his way out of the thick of the territory and onto the soft sand of Lionsbeach, Kestrelstar took a moment to draw a deep breath in. Filling his lungs, expanding inside his chest, eyes bright and little puffs of air coming out from his maw. The little flakes danced around him in small flurries, glimmering and reflecting in wide yellow eyes. It was a magical sight indeed, one that Kestrelstar found filling him with warmth despite the cold leaf-bare air.

It seemed he wasn't the only one out enjoying the frosty snowscape; just up ahead the leader took sight of Sunsetbloom. He watched her for a moment where he stood, then with a running leap and bound headed towards her. She reared up, reaching for a snowflake, and like a streak through the air Kestrelstar sprang just before her, paws outstretched to bring down any flakes in his way. "Got it!" he called, tail fluffed out as he landed in the sand, turning to look mischievously back at Sunsetbloom.
Old December 12th, 2021, 05:57 PM
~/Positive Vibes\~

Quote:
Making sure the younger warrior kept up with him, Snowleap walked along the shoreline of Lionsbeach, feeling the chilling wind from the ocean’s waves blow against him as they moved onwards. The air stung his nostrils with all that salt that came from the murky waters nearby, but it didn’t keep him from smelling more gulls down the way. He smiled, seeing the white and grey feathered birds pecking at the sand, others flying over the water looking for fish. “Perfect,” Snowleap purred, looking back at Dragonflyfrond, “How about we try and do the same plan as last time, but instead I scare them towards you?”
~Dragonflyfrond~

The silver tom paused for a moment. Is this part harder or the part I did? Dragonflyfrond wasn’t sure. He looked at the size of the gulls and swallowed nervously. I can’t ask him to do it again! Hopefully I won’t mess up too bad.

“Sounds good!” He meowed trying to sound not nervous and failing.

I’m back from hiatus bump me mercilessly if I don’t respond! I may have forgotten.

~Warning: I write from my character’s perspective. Misunderstandings will be had, assumptions will be made~
Old December 13th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
~Dragonflyfrond~

The silver tom paused for a moment. Is this part harder or the part I did? Dragonflyfrond wasn’t sure. He looked at the size of the gulls and swallowed nervously. I can’t ask him to do it again! Hopefully I won’t mess up too bad.

“Sounds good!” He meowed trying to sound not nervous and failing.
Snowleap smiled, resting his tail on the younger tomcat’s shoulder gently. “You’ll do fine, I believe in you,” He said, watching the other Riverclan warrior look out at the gulls, knowing their size were quite the intimidation factor, “And if something goes wrong, I’ll be a pawstep away to help you out.” The tall tomcat remembered being nervous the first time he faced a prey animal this large, even these days he still had a second of hesitation before doing so, but they’d be fine, right? Snowleap left Dragonflyfrond where they stood on the shoreline, slinking through the rocks and sand further up the beach until he made it to the opposite side of the flock. He walked down to the water’s edge, swishing his tail back and forth as he turned towards the birds, digging his paws into the sand. With a last wave of his tail, being the signal to his clanmate, he rushed forward, bounding across the wet sand towards the seagulls, causing them to start taking off in the direction towards the silver tomcat.
Old December 13th, 2021, 03:56 PM
~/Positive Vibes\~

Quote:
Snowleap smiled, resting his tail on the younger tomcat’s shoulder gently. “You’ll do fine, I believe in you,” He said, watching the other Riverclan warrior look out at the gulls, knowing their size were quite the intimidation factor, “And if something goes wrong, I’ll be a pawstep away to help you out.” The tall tomcat remembered being nervous the first time he faced a prey animal this large, even these days he still had a second of hesitation before doing so, but they’d be fine, right? Snowleap left Dragonflyfrond where they stood on the shoreline, slinking through the rocks and sand further up the beach until he made it to the opposite side of the flock. He walked down to the water’s edge, swishing his tail back and forth as he turned towards the birds, digging his paws into the sand. With a last wave of his tail, being the signal to his clanmate, he rushed forward, bounding across the wet sand towards the seagulls, causing them to start taking off in the direction towards the silver tomcat.
~Dragonflyfrond~

Snowleap’s support calmed him down. If the older warrior had faith in him, then he was sure he could do it! Probably. He shook his head to clear his thoughts leaving only hunting. You have to focus! Don’t act like a scared apprentice! He crouched down to wait for Snowleap’s signal, his gaze intently fixed on the gulls.

Then the signal came. The gulls came crowding towards him. Stay calm! Stay calm! Stay calm! He bunched up his muscles waiting for the right time. He sprang at one, clawing at its neck. It tried to fly off, but Dragonflyfrond weighed it down. He dug his claws in as deep as he could. It pecked at his ear. Ouch! He felt a warm trickle of blood run down form it. Nothing to worry about keep going! With a heave he lunged forward and bite into it’s neck. It went limp! He had won!

Old December 14th, 2021, 10:54 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
~Dragonflyfrond~

Snowleap’s support calmed him down. If the older warrior had faith in him, then he was sure he could do it! Probably. He shook his head to clear his thoughts leaving only hunting. You have to focus! Don’t act like a scared apprentice! He crouched down to wait for Snowleap’s signal, his gaze intently fixed on the gulls.

Then the signal came. The gulls came crowding towards him. Stay calm! Stay calm! Stay calm! He bunched up his muscles waiting for the right time. He sprang at one, clawing at its neck. It tried to fly off, but Dragonflyfrond weighed it down. He dug his claws in as deep as he could. It pecked at his ear. Ouch! He felt a warm trickle of blood run down form it. Nothing to worry about keep going! With a heave he lunged forward and bite into it’s neck. It went limp! He had won!
Snowleap kept running towards Dragonflyfrond, along with the gulls. He saw the younger warrior manage to snag one midair and drag it down with him, similar to what the tall tomcat had done earlier. “Yes, yes!” The Riverclan warrior remarked with excitement as his clanmate tussled with the gull in the wet sand. As the rest of the flock disappeared off into the distance, Snowleap padded up to Dragonflyfrond. “Excellent work!” He meowed with his whiskers twitching, “Are you okay?” His blue eyes focused on his cut, bleeding ear. It could be much worse and the tall warrior knew that, at least the gull hadn't gone for his clan-mate's eye. Maybe Snakeheart would have to take a look at him when they got back to camp.
Old December 14th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden View Post
It was a magical day indeed, and as soon as the flakes fell through the air Kestrelstar was out of his den and roaming through the territory. Not many in RiverClan knew - heck, he was sure not a single cat knew aside from Junipersong - but snow was quite literally Kestrelstar's favorite. Little white frozen fractals floating through the air, each landing with a chilling kiss of leaf-bare. His medium length fur was enough to keep most of the cold out, so he could go out and enjoy the thick of snowfall without suppressing many shivers.

Making his way out of the thick of the territory and onto the soft sand of Lionsbeach, Kestrelstar took a moment to draw a deep breath in. Filling his lungs, expanding inside his chest, eyes bright and little puffs of air coming out from his maw. The little flakes danced around him in small flurries, glimmering and reflecting in wide yellow eyes. It was a magical sight indeed, one that Kestrelstar found filling him with warmth despite the cold leaf-bare air.

It seemed he wasn't the only one out enjoying the frosty snowscape; just up ahead the leader took sight of Sunsetbloom. He watched her for a moment where he stood, then with a running leap and bound headed towards her. She reared up, reaching for a snowflake, and like a streak through the air Kestrelstar sprang just before her, paws outstretched to bring down any flakes in his way. "Got it!" he called, tail fluffed out as he landed in the sand, turning to look mischievously back at Sunsetbloom.

GASP!!! The leader had stolen her snowflake he was gonna eat! The outrage! The audacity! Such crimes couldnt be forgiven without punishment! Pouncing into a play bow the mollys tail thrashed around in the air in a wild wag as she playfully growled "You dont know who you challenge oh leader of river... I am a more mighty foe then any toads or squirrels you've faced and you will find no easy quarter from me! I declare a duel, a trial by snow, for you to pay for your thievery or face your icy prison in a snowdrift!" With her over dramatic speech done the molly let out a war cry partially ruined by her own laughter and charged dead at the leader.

She didnt bowl him over, as easy as that'd be with their size difference, but instead stopped short skidding on the ground sending a wave of sandy snow at Kestrelstar. And to add insult to potentially snowey 'injury' she blew a raspberry snowflake landing perfectly on her tongue as she teased.
Closed Thread