Last post by alec
Yesterday 11:44 PM

Old December 31st, 2020, 11:19 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post
//Sordy I disappeared, I ended up being busy and having no extra brain cells for replies
Palepaw sat and listened to Sootstar, occasionally an itch causing her to turn her attention away, but only briefly before resuming listening.
Eelpaw was the first of the two to try and she waited, patiently with baited breath, but eventually she caught something!! Eelpaw caught a fish.
She nudged against her friend.
"Good catch!!"

@Arie @wnder
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnder View Post

Sootstar

"Of course," he replied a bit stiffly. He wasn't used to being thanked for teaching someone how to do something. That was kind of... the job of a mentor.

"That was good, both of you." he continued once Palepaw had given it a shot, "I mostly want you two to start getting used to the motions and methods. We can work on fine-tuning it a bit more later. For now, why don't you both try to catch one or two more then we can move on to land hunting."

[ sorry for the short reply - I have somewhere to go tonight but I don't want to put this off for another day. ]

[Guess I am as late as well, Happy New Years]

Ok, so they'd done a good job which was great and that surely meant they were being useful. At Palepaw's praise though she couldn't help but smile gratefully at her friend. It was strange that her and Palepaw had kind of being attached to each other's hips when they were kits but never really did a whole lot once they became apprentices and she couldn't help but want to thank Sir. Mr. Leader for giving her this opportunity to train with her really good friend.

They had to keep going though and that was something Eelpaw was looking forward to. Settling herself back to the bank of the river she let her yellow eyes skim across the river and slowly settled better inside her spot, her paw out and at the ready to scoop up any fish that would come by, but she couldn't help to outside of her eye glance at Palepaw to make sure her friend was doing alright. But! oh there was a shadow! Quickly scooping her paw down into the water and then out, with the fish in-paw, she killed it with a slap of her big paw, and then proceeded to shake the cold water from her paw, accidentally spraying some on Sir. Mr. Leader.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old January 1st, 2021, 09:02 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Palepaw found a spot and settled in, looking to the water for murky figures, eyes occasionally glancing to make sure she wasn't going to accidentally steal her friends' catch. Eelpaw was the first to catch another one.
The charcoal tabby just grinned, still searching for a shadow moving close enough for her to catch. It took awhile, but eventually one began creeping it's way closer and closer to her, but just far enough out of reach she didn't dare grab it.
So wait she did. When she thought it was a good time to strike, her paw flashed foward to scoop the fish out, and forcing onto dry land before rushing over to it to give it a killing bite, getting slapped a few times before it was done.
Disgruntled, she dragged the fish back to the others and plopped down, almost refusing to go back near the water.
"I didn't realize that fish slapped you if you didn't kill it quick enough. That's such a weird and stupid thing."

@wnder @Arie

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old January 1st, 2021, 09:10 AM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Featherpaw - @Willowfern
Featherpaw looked confusingly at Fishspeckle father is never around and the mother leaves it to fight for itself so she can eat? The young she-cat cocked her head while looking at the fawn, amazed that it would ever be left alone out in the open.

Her ear flicked at the sound of Fishspeckle's voice and she nodded in agreement with him,"Oh, I would never want her to think of us in that way!" Featherpaw stepped away from where they had been viewing the fawn. Even though she was stubborn and liked things to go her way, the young apprentice respected the Earth and the creatures within it.

Old January 1st, 2021, 10:13 AM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

Fishspeckle

Climbing down from the branch, Fishspeckle shook out his coat,
“Brr, pretty cold today, eh?” He meowed to Featherpaw, a thin layer of snow crunching under his paws.
Old January 1st, 2021, 05:39 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Featherpaw - @Willowfern
Featherpaw shivered as we watched the tom do the same. He was right, it had been getting colder and colder. The snow had made it even more difficult for the young apprentice to be able to train. She nodded to Fishspeckle,"I agree, I wish it would warm up a bit so I could train in the river!"

(thank you SO MUCH for the nomination!)

Old January 1st, 2021, 05:50 PM
chirps

@Beau ~

It had been quite awhile since Kestrelwing had managed to slip out of camp on his own. Much too long, in his opinion, as listening to his Clanmates drawl on about their belief in the dead cats above them or how excited they were for newleaf to arrive dug into his pelt like fleas. To him right now was all that mattered; it was cold, dark, and he couldn't remember the last time he'd had a decent meal. Some ancestors StarClan were, if they were allowing hunger to tear at the bellies of warriors usually capable of hunting for their Clan - this rendering them unable to do so.

The cold air had become frostier, with tiny snowflake fractals dancing through the air and occasionally landing on his dark fur. The tom narrowed his eyes as one glided onto his shoulder, shaking it off with a gruff snort. Up ahead, he could see the cliffs coming into view that signaled the end of RiverClan's territory in this direction. Perfect. No cat in their right mind would come out this way during leaf-bare, what with the sprays of the salty ocean roaring up to dampen the already soaked wetlands. He quickened his pace, ducking his head to shield himself as much as he cold from the falling snow.

Hunting had been a thought that occurred to him upon slipping out of camp, but he knew all attempts would fail if he even set paw to try. Why provide for a Clan that barely noticed he was there? Why make an effort to connect with the very cats that were responsible for the death of his mother? After all, it was RiverClan that had sent her on that patrol in the first place. It was RiverClan's fault for not checking the borders for trespassing rogues.

The anger starting to resurface had made it so that he was practically sprinting. Breaking back to reality, Kestrelwing skidded to a halt, his breath coming in gasps as he stood near the edge of the cliff. Below, waves crashed in a roaring fashion against the jagged cliffside.

Last edited by spade; January 2nd, 2021 at 02:39 PM.
Old January 1st, 2021, 06:05 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

Fishspeckle

(Oh yeah, I forgot about that momentarily lol, you’re welcome! <3 )

“Sure!” Fishspeckle replied.
Old January 1st, 2021, 08:08 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christmassy Lazer View Post
Minnopaw made sure to track the mouse carefully and quietly.He stepped on a twig accidentally though and the mouse started to sniff the air. Minnopaw frantically leapt towards the mouse and caught it.....barely. Unfortunantly because of the noise everything else probably ran away."That was close.",said Minnopaw tiredly.
Cricketflight watched Minnowpaw creep up on the mouse, cringing whenever the apprentice stepped on a twig. Surprisingly, while the mouse did spook, instead of running, it simply sniffed the air, which barely gave his apprentice enough time to kill it, just as it squealed out a warning to the surrounding prey.
He sighed, but he couldn't be too disheartened, it was his apprentice's first time hunting.
He looked around a bit before returning to his apprentice.
"We should try another area to hunt. No doubt, the rest of the prey will be cautious for some time."
He jerked his head to the side, to indicate that Minnowpaw should follow him before standing up and walking deeper into the territory, hopefully where there would be something that wouldn't spook.

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old January 1st, 2021, 11:10 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

[Brain did not register Rani's reply, am sorry]
-- @Rani @Puddle~ @Zesty Mango --

OOK. Look, for herbs. That was something they could do. Wasn't it kind of stupid though to just have three apprentices running around on their own? Shouldn't someone like, stand guard and make sure no one died? Deciding to take it up himself to be Snakepaw's bodyguard, instead of running around like Baypaw and whatever the warrior was, and would therefore not run around and be stupid but would instead be useful by making sure that their medicine cat did NOT die and could collect herbs without like being killed in the process right.

So keeping tight up to Snakepaw, Eelpaw looked around. "I'm your bodyguard, I ain't leaving you. This is being useful because if we loose you we'll be less useful and therefore it is a useful task to be your bodyguard instead of looking for herbs and leaving you to be killed in the process." Maybe they should also help look for herbs? Spotting some yellow flowers ahead, he pointed with his tail, "There's yellow flowers over there?"

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old January 2nd, 2021, 02:27 PM
all that i’ll ever need

[ @spade ]

Eelsting lifted his nose from the ground momentarily, rubbing off the spot of mud that clung to it from the soggy floor of the territory. It may have looked to another like Eel was tracking a water vole or fisher but it wasn’t prey this warrior was after despite the chill of the season rendering food scarce and bellies empty. No, Eelsting was after an entirely different beast- his moody teenage brother.

Well, half-brother technically, but that didn’t matter much to Eelsting. The kid had no one to look after him and, while Eelsting didn’t technically have much in the way of parental guidance either, he didn’t want Kestrelwing going through life isolated. If Eel was being honest, the kid was pretty grouchy and that wasn’t a very good way to gain companions. Eelsting hadn’t had much family growing up, but he made friends very easily so he’d never cared overmuch. His little brother, however, definitely could use a built in friend. Hence, big brother time.

Kestrelwing had looked particularly moody that morning so here was Eelsting, trudging through the cold, mushy territory in pursuit of his grumpy brother rather than snuggling warm in his nest until Sootstar called him for a patrol. He had yet to catch sight of the younger Tom, but the scent was growing stronger so he had to be gaining on him. Eelsting sighed and trotted forward a few tail lengths until he rounded a clump of rushes and caught sight of a black tabby sprinting like a mad cat. That bad huh?

The warrior picked up speed and followed along until his brother slowed down enough that he could catch up without breaking a sweat. Eelsting popped up beside Kestrelwing and stuck out a paw to try to trip the younger cat so they could just sit and talk.

“You’re gonna burn yourself out running like that, Kessy. That or slip and break a leg. I’m sure that would do wonders for your sunshiney attitude, huh kid.”

Perhaps teasing wasn’t the way to go but Eelsting had never been known for his tact. His green eyes glittered with amusement and a smirk rested on his maw. Now to wait and see how little bro would react to the light antagonism- probably not well, but Eelsting never seemed to learn that lesson.