Last post by furrensic
Today 05:02 PM

Old January 9th, 2020, 05:30 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Riverpaw widened her eyes in surprise as Pigeonpaw moved and then lunged at her. She though this was just practice for dodging and stuff. Thinking fast she moved back, nearly dodging the other molly's paws. Though sense she wasn't expecting it she almost instantly tripped over her tail. That had gotten tangled up in her paws. "Oft.." She let out falling to the ground.

Interesting. The tactics Birchsnow had offered worked. No surprise there. The sad thing was that nether of these tabbies could keep their faces out of the dirt. The tri colored warrior shook her head. Pigeonpaw was doing good at least.
"Get up, keep going!" Eagleflight encouraged his apprentice with a flick of his tail. "You can do this, Riverpaw. Focus on your instincts--You're smaller, quicker. Use that to your advantage."

Pigeonpaw took the deputy's words and her mentor's silence as encouragement to continue. She backed off a little to let Riverpaw regain her balance, feeling a new light of motivation.
"Come at me again!"

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old January 9th, 2020, 05:54 PM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
"Get up, keep going!" Eagleflight encouraged his apprentice with a flick of his tail. "You can do this, Riverpaw. Focus on your instincts--You're smaller, quicker. Use that to your advantage."

Pigeonpaw took the deputy's words and her mentor's silence as encouragement to continue. She backed off a little to let Riverpaw regain her balance, feeling a new light of motivation.
"Come at me again!"

Riverpaw was taken aback by the encouragement she was receiving. Quicker and smaller... She repeated in her head. Getting to her paws she felt calmer. Like she had this. Focus and don't lose heart. Riverpaw told herself smiling a bit at Pigeonpaw's challenge.
With a new found confidence Riverpaw dashed at the other apprentice aiming to ram into her side.

Cheering during training? Birchsnow was puzzled by this. It was not a costume she was aware of. With a glance at Eagleflight the warrior tried to understand this. To no prevail. She still was unsure of his reasoning. So, she glanced back at her apprentice. She was doing well

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old January 9th, 2020, 06:16 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:

Riverpaw was taken aback by the encouragement she was receiving. Quicker and smaller... She repeated in her head. Getting to her paws she felt calmer. Like she had this. Focus and don't lose heart. Riverpaw told herself smiling a bit at Pigeonpaw's challenge.
With a new found confidence Riverpaw dashed at the other apprentice aiming to ram into her side.

Cheering during training? Birchsnow was puzzled by this. It was not a costume she was aware of. With a glance at Eagleflight the warrior tried to understand this. To no prevail. She still was unsure of his reasoning. So, she glanced back at her apprentice. She was doing well
Pigeonpaw waited to hear some sort of instruction from her own mentor. She heard Eagleflight cheering on his apprentice, and felt a spark of envy. Why does Birchsnow have to be so cold? she thought, bracing for impact as Riverpaw rammed into her. Her thick pelt guarded her from the brunt force of the attack, and she hesitated for a moment before deciding to try jumping up to land on the silver tabby's shoulders.

Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old January 9th, 2020, 11:35 PM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Quote:
Pigeonpaw waited to hear some sort of instruction from her own mentor. She heard Eagleflight cheering on his apprentice, and felt a spark of envy. Why does Birchsnow have to be so cold? she thought, bracing for impact as Riverpaw rammed into her. Her thick pelt guarded her from the brunt force of the attack, and she hesitated for a moment before deciding to try jumping up to land on the silver tabby's shoulders.

Okay. Maybe headbutting a cat wasn't a good idea. Riverpaw was reevaluating her choice as her head hurt slightly. Pigeonpaw landed right on her shoulders getting a huff from the sudden weight that brought her down. She really wasn't that strong, strength was never her strong suit. Hitting the ground again Riverpaw spat out the sand that got on her muzzle. Ew... The silver tabby wiggled a bit before just going limp. Maybe Pigeonpaw would ease off her? She wasn't sure but wiggling under a larger cat was not helping.

I'm leaving wco once I tie up losse ends around here, I appoligize for the Rps that will have to end but I thank you all for being so wonderful, love y'all
Old January 10th, 2020, 12:52 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:

Okay. Maybe headbutting a cat wasn't a good idea. Riverpaw was reevaluating her choice as her head hurt slightly. Pigeonpaw landed right on her shoulders getting a huff from the sudden weight that brought her down. She really wasn't that strong, strength was never her strong suit. Hitting the ground again Riverpaw spat out the sand that got on her muzzle. Ew... The silver tabby wiggled a bit before just going limp. Maybe Pigeonpaw would ease off her? She wasn't sure but wiggling under a larger cat was not helping.
When Riverpaw went limp, Pigeonpaw had assumed she had given up. Or worse, that she might have hurt her. She leapt off to allow the she-cat some space, sniffing carefully at her to see if she was okay. She didn't know that this was all part of her strategy.

Old January 11th, 2020, 12:14 AM
Dazzling star dust ✨

Quote:
When Riverpaw went limp, Pigeonpaw had assumed she had given up. Or worse, that she might have hurt her. She leapt off to allow the she-cat some space, sniffing carefully at her to see if she was okay. She didn't know that this was all part of her strategy.

It actually worked! Oh stars it worked! Riverpaw was actually a bit surprised by this. Not wanting to lose her chance she jumped up and swatted a paw at Pigeonpaw. Will, she didn't expect that Pigeonpaw would have stayed so close so her aim was off. Plus it was more for the larger cats muzzle then leg! That wasn't what she wanted... No... wait. It was to late though so she just closed her eyes. Bad move again...

Old January 13th, 2020, 12:27 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:

It actually worked! Oh stars it worked! Riverpaw was actually a bit surprised by this. Not wanting to lose her chance she jumped up and swatted a paw at Pigeonpaw. Will, she didn't expect that Pigeonpaw would have stayed so close so her aim was off. Plus it was more for the larger cats muzzle then leg! That wasn't what she wanted... No... wait. It was to late though so she just closed her eyes. Bad move again...
Pigeonpaw tripped as Riverpaw's blow swiped at her leg and knocked it out from under her. "You got me! That was a good move," the apprentice commented. She paused, then looking to her mentor with concern on her face.

"Can I have some guidance or something, please? I don't know what to do next." She didn't feel like her mentor particularly cared for actually teaching her. She had been silent nearly this whole time, no praise or anything.

"Good work, Riverpaw!" Eagleflight nodded to his apprentice, and then cast a slight glare to Birchsnow expectantly, waiting for her to say something to her own apprentice.

Old January 13th, 2020, 06:27 PM
Blood and shale

My Mood: Fine

@Tundra

Lightstreak bounded into the island, and was immediately stopped by a wall of nostalgia. She heard Owlpaw, not to far behind her, and quickly turned around and sat down. When she knew Owlpaw could both see and hear her, she said "Before we begin, first answer these questions: 'what do you smell, and how old is it?' then, from that, tell me whether we're safe or not."

"What do you care what other people think?"
-Arline Feynman

"When you're happy, smile! Smile!"
-Miyuki-chan, Smile Precure! Movie: Ehon no Naka wa Minna Chiguhagu!

"Embrace your shining future!"
-All the Cures, HUGtto Precure

"When in doubt... C4."
-Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters
Old January 13th, 2020, 10:04 PM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

@FuzzyRatto

Her eyes widened when she heard the task her mentor has given to her. She had never done that before, she wouldn’t know if they were safe or not! Owlpaw panicked for a brief moment before forcing herself to calm down. “I- I uh, I’ve never-” She shook her head, deciding to at least try. She lifted her muzzle, struggling to pick up a scent. “Uh... Oh! Uhm, I-I smell a uhm...” Owlpaw glanced over at her mentor, slowly growing nervous. There were too many scents, she couldn’t chose one to focus on. “Uhm... I uh, I don’t know.” She turned to Lightstreak with a sigh. “I’ve never had any training until now. B-but I’ll try my h-hardest, I’ll make you pr-proud of me, I promise!”

Character Site

Old January 14th, 2020, 03:02 PM
Blood and shale

My Mood: Fine

@Tundra

Lightstreak stood up and sniffed. It was safe. "You smelled something, that's a start. Is it this?". She then padded over to a bush and pulled away some branches, revealing some dung. "Now. Ask yourself the questions and respond out loud." She looked expectantly at Owlpaw.

"What do you care what other people think?"
-Arline Feynman

"When you're happy, smile! Smile!"
-Miyuki-chan, Smile Precure! Movie: Ehon no Naka wa Minna Chiguhagu!

"Embrace your shining future!"
-All the Cures, HUGtto Precure

"When in doubt... C4."
-Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters

Last edited by FuzzyRatto; January 14th, 2020 at 03:04 PM.