Today 12:49 AM
ShadowClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by ---Bluestar---
Today 12:43 AM

Old October 23rd, 2020, 07:19 AM
i am kenough

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

At least it's a nice day out today, the spaced out feline thinks as they stand there watching Eek Eelpaw in silence. The apprentice sure did take their time with... Just about everything there was to take time in doing. And they were quite peculiar, as well. "That isn't a Clan name, so-" Sassafrasfire cuts themselves off abruptly, remembering that interrupting anybody, especially the younger generations, could be damaging if the cat was in such a spot. And Eek Eelpaw was, to them, the spitting image. "Ah, Dayheart."
No, Eek Eelpaw was correct. They'd never so much as spoken a greeting to the tom, but they recognized the name and knew a general bit of information about the cat who it belonged to. Dayheart was a good one. Peering more closely at the apprentice suddenly, the monotonous feline wonders if they attracted all sorts of cats just by being themselves. Well, what a special little thing they were, then.
"My apologies, Just Eelpaw," they mrrow, realizing the error in their ways and choosing to continue to tease the poor apprentice anyway. "Sassafrasfire." They speak their own name slowly for Just Eelpaw, but after another moment shrug it off. "Lionstar himself struggles with it, though. Why I haven't been renamed yet is still a mystery. Say whatever is easiest for you to say." The warrior doesn't seem too bothered by it at all- But then again, they never exactly wore their heart on their sleeve.
"Let's fish, then." Just like that, they were accepting of the apprentice's gentle, almost wary request. But Just Eelpaw was sort of cute. They almost made the feline think of Petuniapaw, though the two apprentices were vastly different. "If you have not fished before, then I recommend we go to the shallows up the river a bit."
[ @Arie ]
Old October 23rd, 2020, 11:24 AM
rararara

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
The apprentice looked up at Snowfern with an unusually serious gaze taking in her words. If her mentor said it'd be fine it would be, Snowfern knew best after all. Spirits up again Willowpaw nodded, determined again and turned to the pond. Maybe another cat would approach this with cation and grace, thinking before they act and dipping a paw in before they first got wet. But this was Willowpaw. With a war cry of "RAAAAAARG!" she went charging and crashing into the shallows (sticking to where she could still stand) getting her and any poor cat within splash radius soaking wet. She was in the water! That was the first step wasn't it? Well that was done and easy and as soon as Snowfern told her what to do next she was gonna ace the next steps to!
snowfern couldnt help but laugh lightheartedly as she heard the battle cry and she lifted her tail to block her face so that water didnt get into her eye. She waited for the shower of water droplets to stop before starting to pad into the water. She didnt yell out or do anything like what willowpaw did, she just smiled as she embraced the feeling of the water gently splashing around her. She remembered her first swimming session with Creekleap, how excited she was to be an apprentice. She was part of a game, so she was only 4 moons when she had her first ceremony, but that was okay. She vividly remembered how much she loved swimming, and how quickly she caught onto it. though she didnt expect Willowpaw to be a prodigy at swimming, it would be a pleasant surprise if that turned out to happen.

Now, onto the teaching. Since willowpaw willingly went into the water, no coaxing would be needed. That was good. Next step. ¨Okay, I'll show you what to do. Thankfully, the water is pretty transparent, so you should be able to see what im doing.¨ she mewed, gazing down at her paws through the water. She was in deeper that willowpaw, but the water was only up to her chest because of her height. Gazing back to her apprentice, she started to go deeper into the water until most of her body was submerged, with only her head and the top half of her neck above the water. ¨First, we should go as far out as we can, but remember no to go so deep that the water covers your nose or mouth. Kick off from the ground, then start gently churning your paws in the water, going fast enough to keep you off the ground, but make sure you pace yourself.¨ she instructed, kicking off of the ground and moving her paws at a steady pace. That should be easy enough to follow, but if WIllowpaw had a bit of difficulty, then she would gladly help out.

base credits go to Chuwigirls on DA!

--> | Goldenpaw [tc] | <--
-->TH profile<--
Old October 24th, 2020, 07:01 PM
GONE

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfur & Co View Post
"Alright im ready to learn." She mews as he grabbed a stick she was proud of him to be her teacher.
The tom nodded and he moved away from the stick. He crouched low to the ground and carefully placed one paw in front of the other. As soon as he was within distance, he bunched his muscles and launched himself through the air, landing with his claws unsheathed, gripping the stick.
Old October 24th, 2020, 07:09 PM
GONE

My Mood: Kingly

[ @Shadeleaf ]

Dogflame

What was he doing out in the territory? Who knew. The fox-like warrior walked aimlessly, suddenly coming to a halt. Scars from the rouge attack covered him, somehow still slightly sore. The scent of prey washed over him. Vole.
Old October 24th, 2020, 08:48 PM

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxpaw View Post
The tom nodded and he moved away from the stick. He crouched low to the ground and carefully placed one paw in front of the other. As soon as he was within distance, he bunched his muscles and launched himself through the air, landing with his claws unsheathed, gripping the stick.

Snowpaw crouched and smiles as he catches the stick after pouncing it. She crept up softly in a hunting crouch and then looked at him. Then the stick infront of her bunching her muscles and pounces claws out flinging the stick as she tries to catch it now in her mouth.

Snowstripe- RC Featherspirit-RC ~ ~ Lightpaw {Sunshine}- WC Leopardfire- WC

Old October 24th, 2020, 08:48 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

[ @Middy; @gs29513; @Redtalon; ]

Ashpool nodded to her apprentice as he answered her. She was going to respond where they were going when a warrior in her apprentice padded up. She gave them a friendly smile. ”Yeah we were going to do the same. Wanted my apprentice to get to know the territory. I’m really excited to get my first apprentice.”, she meowed. Ashpool had come back a couple weeks ago and had been trusted already with an apprentice. She didn’t question it of course. This would keep her occupied until her mate came back. She was certain Hickoryblaze would find his way back. If not she would continue to be distracted by her apprentice.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old October 25th, 2020, 02:01 AM
Busy bee

My Mood: Sad

Post Re: RiverClan Territory

~[Creekflow]~
{@Redtalon/@The Ink Demon/@gs29513}
----------------------------
The mottled warrior purred in amusement at the two, excitable apprentices. He remembered his first day out of the camp. He wasn't jumping around with glee per se but he still showed his intrigue with the territory by keeping his mentor busy answering his numerous questions to satisfy his rather insatiable curiosity. They kept coming and coming in quick succession that honestly, he must've physically and mentally drained his mentor enough to tire him for a whole moon. He soon learned to calm himself and now, he was much more laid back. A bit of his old personality slipped through the cracks once in a while but he's still working on it so it's fine.

"I'm pretty excited too, even if I don't show it. This kid's my first apprentice and I want to be the best mentor I can be, ya know?" he responded, playfully flicking one of Brightpaw's ears with a paw as he mentioned him. He rolled his head on his shoulders as he thought of what else to say. He wasn't known to be a good conversation contributor but he's practicing.

After a few moments later, he straightened up and smiled widely at the other three. Ah-ha! He suddenly came up with an idea that could possibly work out well for the four of them, if Ashpool, Twigpaw, and Brightpaw agreed of course. "Hey, whatd'ya say we all tour the territory together? It'll be more fun and interesting. We can get to know one another better as well as teaching these two youngsters here a bit more efficiently. This is only if ya guys are okay with this. Forcing others ain't something I like to do."
Old October 25th, 2020, 02:45 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxpaw View Post
[ @Shadeleaf ]

Dogflame

What was he doing out in the territory? Who knew. The fox-like warrior walked aimlessly, suddenly coming to a halt. Scars from the rouge attack covered him, somehow still slightly sore. The scent of prey washed over him. Vole.
Lotusheart had been tracking some prey as she found herself standing a few meters away from a vole. She sneaked up to it and launched herself forward, leaping out through the bush with the vole in her mouth and crashing right into Dogflame.
Old October 25th, 2020, 06:26 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

-- @implimm --
Not an actual clanname... Eelpaw knew that! But... it was a name that fit! Because said cat was crazy... hence Mr. Crazy, and they were correct! Like it was logical... was it not? They hoped it was. "Not Dayheart. Mr.Crazy." They would insist on the name because it fit... They would need a name for Sassfras too. Mr/Ms. 'Hard-to-pronounce-your-name'? But.. that was long. Yet it did fit so technically they could try it out. "And you are...," should they try it out? Possibly. If only to see Mr/Ms. 'Hard-to-pronounce-your name''s reaction to said name. "Mr./Ms. 'Hard-to-pronounce-your-name' if I am Eek Eelpaw." They didn't even know where this cat had gotten it from so like... it wasn't their fault that Mr./Ms.'Hard-to-pronounce-your name' had gotten this horrible idea to go through with this. And then... "My name is not Just Eelpaw, Mr./Ms.'Hard-to-pronounce-your name', thank you very much. If you want to go with nicknames Sir/Ma'am, just call me Eel. Or Paw." That was logical was it not? Eelpaw liked that. They did like that. This entire name situation confused them such as this warrior confused them too... couldn't they just speak in logic. But also... they were two theys. Because... Mr./Ms. did not specify either gender and they would encompass both. And it was not discriminatory either... LOGIC. Eelpaw liked logic. But they didn't mind being called... he/him, she/her, they/them. They... they were ALL! aLL AT once. And that was cool. And then the warrior game them the chance to just call them whatever and they nodded, "You are now Mr./Ms. 'Hard-to-pronounce-your name'. It is logic and logic is right and therefore you must be that." And then.. FISHING! Eelpaw still really wanted to learn it despite their hesitancy but they had to be polite... somewhat. "I have not fished before no... but I can swim! And blow bubbles in the water. Can you blow bubbles in the water?"

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old October 25th, 2020, 06:54 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumble View Post
snowfern couldnt help but laugh lightheartedly as she heard the battle cry and she lifted her tail to block her face so that water didnt get into her eye. She waited for the shower of water droplets to stop before starting to pad into the water. She didnt yell out or do anything like what willowpaw did, she just smiled as she embraced the feeling of the water gently splashing around her. She remembered her first swimming session with Creekleap, how excited she was to be an apprentice. She was part of a game, so she was only 4 moons when she had her first ceremony, but that was okay. She vividly remembered how much she loved swimming, and how quickly she caught onto it. though she didnt expect Willowpaw to be a prodigy at swimming, it would be a pleasant surprise if that turned out to happen.

Now, onto the teaching. Since willowpaw willingly went into the water, no coaxing would be needed. That was good. Next step. ¨Okay, I'll show you what to do. Thankfully, the water is pretty transparent, so you should be able to see what im doing.¨ she mewed, gazing down at her paws through the water. She was in deeper that willowpaw, but the water was only up to her chest because of her height. Gazing back to her apprentice, she started to go deeper into the water until most of her body was submerged, with only her head and the top half of her neck above the water. ¨First, we should go as far out as we can, but remember no to go so deep that the water covers your nose or mouth. Kick off from the ground, then start gently churning your paws in the water, going fast enough to keep you off the ground, but make sure you pace yourself.¨ she instructed, kicking off of the ground and moving her paws at a steady pace. That should be easy enough to follow, but if WIllowpaw had a bit of difficulty, then she would gladly help out.
The small tabby nodded dragging herself out into the deeper water. She really didnt need to go out very far to be in as proportionally deep as Snowfern, being so much shorter but in an effort to be close to her mentor she accidentally bounced off of the watery bottom to be just a little to deep. Willowpaw's head dipped under the surface with a surprised yelp as she found the bottom much deeper than she's been expecting it and suddenly she was submerged.

What had Snowfern said? Right! Churn your paws for you life!
Frantically moving her large paws Willowpaw beat and thrashed, paws kicking up silt off of the bottom until her head just barley broke the surface. As she gasped for air the molly panicked, forgetting that her mentor was there to save her if she started drowning, thoughts racing. Sure she was padding and saying (kinda) afloat but this was taking too much energy! She wouldn't be able to stay up for long and soon enough she'd grow tired and sink again! And drown! This was her first time in the water she didn't know how to swim to shore! Think Willowpaw think!

As her head dipped under the choppy surface once more the tabby thrashed trying to regain her buoyancy limbs flailing, body wiggling, paws flexing wide....
And suddenly she had shot up to the top like a cork. What? When just a second earlier she'd been struggling to keep a nose above not she was easily keeping an entire head?! All she'd done was flex open her paws! Her well webbed paws? This was something she'd never noticed about herself before and the bobtail looked quietly between her submerged padding legs and Snowfern in shock.

The whole disaster had happened in the span of only a few seconds.

(Just a bit of explanation Willowpaw is an american bobtail a cat noted to love water and have naturally large partially webbed paws to help them swim. Willow is just stupid and did not notice her paws were like that until she was in over her head.... brain empty no thoughts and I love her)