Last post by chickadee
Yesterday 10:55 PM

Old March 25th, 2017, 11:25 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoireRose View Post

‘’You must have forgotten, darling,’’ the tom piped, jumping to his paws. Though his voice sounded smooth, he lost a few touches to it, making him talk in a happier tone, than he would like. ‘’I’m competitive. I’m in it to win it, and so far,’’ He leaned in close to her. ‘’I’ve won every round...after all, I absolutely love it when you give me your time of day.’’ He snickered, knowing exactly what she was thinking and how she felt on the situation. No doubt, she was annoyed, which meant he succeeded in his job well enough. ‘’...but I suppose,’’ He started sauntering away, his tail lightly swishing behind in an obnoxious way just like the type of cat he was. ‘’If you beg, then maybe, just maybe I’ll be a little more merciful.’’ He chuckled, gleaming his fangs in the sun’s light.

On an odd level, Azulpaw wanted to see the blue cat beg. For some odd reason, he felt it would bring a type of thrill into his life--seeing her beg to him. Not in a terrible manner, but more in a teasing like one. Where they enjoyed each other’s company and played a lot. He had a feeling that the emotion was quite returned. Wouldn’t Asterpaw want to see him begging before her? Not stripped of anything, or in any pain. He flinched, remembering the moment Alabasterpaw had him pinned down, crushing him in an awkward position. He recalled how Asterpaw wanted to help, how she wrapped herself around him, and how he told her off, hoping she would go away...forever. Yet, here she was, talking to him, seeming to enjoy his company. This made the tom huffed. If she constantly praised how great Bluepaw was, how come she wasn’t with him now?

Was she simply wasting his time? If it was one thing Azulpaw hated most in the world...it was time. He knew time was a delicate thing. A fragile thing. And, at the wrong moment, you could lose a piece of time that never would come back. A part of your life that you could had been doing that made you happy. And, here he was, debating whether he was happy or having his time being wasted. It was between the line of both; he truly did enjoy Asterpaw’s company, she made him feel like...something. He didn’t know yet, but he felt...something within him that stirred whenever he seen her in her most angelic form; playfulness.

‘’Oh?’’ The tom smirked. ‘’Apparently you’re not only as blind as a bat, but also as deaf as a kit when they’re first born!’’ He cracked with a shake of his head. ‘’Ah, come on Asterpaw,’’ He sat down, allowing a paw to pat at his companion’s head. ‘’You’re losing your game. Is Bluepaw tiring you out too much...love?’’ He gave a charming, innocent smile and looked away as if he were bashful for a moment.

As he heard her comment about Bluepaw, he gave a slight roll of his eyes, but thought better of it to not finish it out. He didn’t want the female to view him as jealous--he might have been on the inside, but the outside was what mattered most in this situation. He mustered a genuine smile--as much as he could. He could feel it faltering, but it was there. ‘’Everything?...Everything like what?’’ He asked, not wanting to sound too interested as to what they were doing. It wasn’t in his place to be, anyway. ‘’Is he way more fun than I am?’’ He asked, huffing, and staring her directly in the eye to know her answer. After a few moments, his eyes grew wide, and he turned away, frustrated. He shook his head, and quickly added, ‘’Don’t answer that question--it doesn't matter. Forget that I even said it! In fact, let me answer it for you...Bluepaw is waaaaaaay more fun than I am! After all, the two of you have been spending a moon alone together, and I bet the two of you found some fun things to do together...you know, I always sit in a corner and rot myself to death. Ha, ha.’’ The tom pinned his ears to his head and looked around, trying to avoid his desperate cry of help, as he deemed.

‘’Life support.’’ Azulpaw muttered under his breath when Asterpaw admitted that Bluepaw had...attachment issues.The tom listened carefully to the female, and a pleasant smile crossed his face. Why wouldn’t he know her worth? Did she have any idea of what her worth was? His eyes half-lidded, and he only stared at her, half-thinking, half-distracted. His head tilted slightly, and his claws unsheathed, making absent circles into the ground. ‘’Of course, I know your worth. Do you even know your worth?’’ The words just flew off his tongue, something like his speech earlier. He didn’t know what made him ask the question, only that it was left hanging in the air, and he hoped that she would forget, or better, that she didn’t hear it.

The tom let out a marrow of laughter at hearing Asterpaw’s silly request, though he knew she was playing. He rolled his eyes, and searched for the highest tree. Something that he could jump out of without a problem. None of them seemed to be a challenge in his eyes. ‘’Oh, of course, my queen.’’ The tom gave an exaggerated bow, before slowly bringing his head back up. ‘’Should I jump out the highest tree available, and fall to my untimely death?’’ He held the same regal voice, yet it held faint sarcasm.

The tom began sulking around her circling her, hitting her with his tail every now and then. ‘’Perhaps an angel will come an save me--but that would definitely be impossible, since you can’t be two things at once, darling.’’ Before she could react in time to lash out at him or provide a snarky comment, he bounded up to a tree, looking at it to the very top. The canopy of the tree was filtered with light, making it a pretty shadow on the ground. He jumped onto it, his claws unsheathed, and he glanced back at Asterpaw with a smirk on his face. ‘’I’m going up.’’ He told her before digging his claws deeply into the bark, jumping up swiftly at every branch. One branch was on the verge of snapping, and the tom almost lost his footing. He quickly latched onto an upper branch to heave himself up. Once he was at the top, he looked down to see Asterpaw’s reaction. She looked tiny to him--they all did. He wasn’t afraid of heights--that was for sure. He was fascinated by them. ‘’Wow.’’ He sat down for a couple minutes, staring off into the rising sun and the blue sky. His tail wrapped around him. ‘’Silverpaw and Kestrelpaw would love this!’’ He exclaimed excitedly, before bringing himself back to the present situation. He leaned down before, trying to decipher Asterpaw’s reflection. ‘’You ready for this jump!?’’ He yelled down at her. ‘’You ready to bury this tom in his early years, love?’’ He joked.

‘’Woah, woah, woah, there, demonic.’’ Bluepaw said, wanting to hiss at the female. Although he was happy to see her, he had priorities straight. As far as he was concerned, Asterpaw was his top priority, and she had nothing to do with this situation. ‘’Why should I bring Asterpaw, if she has nothing to do with what’s going on with you and Azulpaw? Have we not talked about harming a speck of dust on her pelt?’’ He grew defensive. The piebald time looked away for a moment, thinking that the she-cat was insane if he was going to bring his love to whatever plan she had concocted. ‘’I want Asterpaw out of this completely. If you choose to kill Azulpaw...she wouldn’t have to know about it. Besides, it would be obvious that you came back if Azulpaw ended up...being hurt again. It’s too close of a call.’’

Though Bluepaw wanted Azulpaw gone. He had an eerie feeling about the tom’s absence and wondered what he has been up to. He kept an watchful eye on Asterpaw, knowing she might feel a bit dejected for spending a lot of time with him. He knew that she most likely missed Azulpaw. That she most likely wanted Azulpaw. Not him in any way or form, yet she had no choice. As long as she kept believing he had heartbreak, she would be his forever. It was a desperate plan, but he took everything that Azulpaw wanted. And, that was enough for him.

Asterpaw would, and could never amount to what Alabasterpaw did to him, and even though he resented her at this time, he knew he still had something deep within his heart for her, but it was faint. Not beating. Barely breathing. ‘’I can’t make a deal if you want me to bring Asterpaw. She has nothing to do with this,’’ he uttered sadly, and looked at his paws as if they carried the answer to his entire problems. He couldn’t even look straight into Alabasterpaw’s face, the demon that came back to haunt them all.

Where was Asterpaw, anyway?

‘’...Azulpaw is the one you want, but Asterpaw is the one I’m going to protect. Even if it’s against you.’’ Bluepaw was honest. He would do everything in his power to protect Asterpaw--even against the she-devil he claimed to still care for. He couldn’t bring himself to hurt the blue cat because she was extraordinary in every way. He was surprised that he even got her for himself. It would be a sad road when she finds out the truth...about everything. Because, even though his heart was changing drastically, coming to the dark side, he knew, that everything done in the dark. Will be revealed to the light. The only question: Did Alabasterpaw know that as well?

The blue female's hues were close to slits as she listened to him. Though normally sarcasm was something that Asterpaw could appreciate, this was killing her. Did he have to be so obnoxious all the time? And even if he did...why her? Why not the silver cat, or the other cat she had seen him with? Why not Bluepaw, or some other 'lucky' she cat? Why, of all the cats in SkyClan, had he chosen to annoy the heck out of her. Or maybe he just did this to everyone. That must be it...surely he wasn't singling her out or anything. And if he was, well...she'd have to fix that. "Oh right...I forget, you're so absolutely charming sometimes. As a matter of fact, you're so charming it's annoying." She mewed with a completely sincere expression, and then her features became more serious. "I've noticed you're competitive. And annoying, sly, and one heck of an arrogant jerk. Oh yes, and...charming." She mewed, keeping her face completely solemn.

But I've also seen how you care about your friends. You came to get me out of that bush...for your own reasons, reasons I probably wouldn't understand. You pushed me away to keep me safe. Because you cared. You're more comfortable to be around then Bluepaw...more fun to be around. Asterpaw thought, the tip of her tail twitching thoughtfully. Oh, of course she would never admit any of this. At least, she wasn't planning on doing it. Why would she? She came back to the present and her features snapped back into place-- since she hadn't realized they had become softer and softer while she was thinking.

Her eyes narrowed angrily, and her tail lashed. "Beg. To you?" She asked, whiskers twitching in amusement. For a moment, she had thought she would be angry, but the thought was...almost laughable! After all, the idea of her begging to Azulpaw was laughable. She would never be begging him to do anything. Ever. Why would she need to? She had everything she could want...except freedom, a small voice at the back of her mind reminded her. Though it seemed she was free, there was also that one bothersome twinge at the back of her mind constantly reminding her that she was trapped because she didn't want to abandon Bluepaw. "I have absolutely no need to beg to you." She snorted, flicking him lightly with her tail. It was meant to be a playful gesture, not a mean one. Not a harsh one. Just something that she would have done with her sister when they were younger, a gesture that wasn't generally uncomfortable.

And yet, had he been Bluepaw...it would have been. He seemed to take every contact, every talk, and turn it into something huge. She was just a she cat like any other! She wasn't 'better' or more 'beautiful' then anyone else. Whatever his definition of beautiful or better was. Maybe she did fit it, but in her mind, she most certainly wasn't. She had never been. Alabasterpaw had lowered her expectations of being considered 'beautiful' or really worth something just by being herself...toms loved her. And Asterpaw? No one likes the sarcastic one who instantly changes when someone she cares about is hurt. She thought with a snort. What tom wanted an intelligent she cat, either? And yet she had turned her back on the truth at the same time, thinking she was smart for doing so. But she hadn't been smart. That had been the worst thing she could have done.

She sighed and looked away at his statement, almost like she was exhausted. "Blind and deaf, my, my, my...looks like I could use a guardian angel right about now." She chuckled wearily, closing her eyes. His question caught her off guard, and she tensed, everything in her seeming to halfway shut down. This wasn't playfulness-- this was for real. It was a defense mechanism for her, she would tense and then strike... but she wasn't striking. She was just standing there, a nervous expression written all over her features. "Oh please, darling. Losing my game? Bluepaw tiring me out? Please." She laughed, turning her face away. Sometimes it wasn't always comfortable around him...and now was one of those times. Why was he sometimes staring at her, and then other times ignoring her?

Why was he acting as though she were the most special cat alive one moment...like when Alabasterpaw had pinned her, which she could still remember vividly, and he had come over to her so gently...been so careful... and then the next, snap at her like she meant nothing? Or is it just that he knows how to survive? She thought with a pang of guilt. She was being selfish. She was being like Alabasterpaw, expecting him to care more about her then his survival. That simply wasn't the way it worked. Survival was important-- and should always come first. Especially after an experience like that. She was nervous. She was scared that something bad was going to happen...she could practically feel herself being pinned again-- or Azulpaw-- Alabasterpaw's hues gleaming wickedly, fangs flashing as she brought them down for the kill...NO! she thought, shaking the idea aside.

That wasn't going to happen. She wouldn't let it. At his question, she came back-- now, normally she would have mentioned it being a joke, but now that she thought about it...they really did do a lot together. That was how it should be. It was the normal for her now. She wasn't allowed to even think about anyone else-- anything else. Or was that just what she made herself believe? "Hm? Oh...hunting, talking, sometimes we go for walks and stuff...you know. All normal stuff. I could live like that, I guess." She shrugged. She hadn't realized how tired she was until now. She didn't feel like making jokes anymore, just in case Alabasterpaw was listening. Or Bluepaw. What if she hurt his feelings? Then no one would be able to look at her-- or she wouldn't be able to look at anyone, but to her, it was the same thing. Both were bad. Both were terrifying, actually.

Oh I'm sure you do. Poor thing, you must be just miserable with your best friends. She thought, but she didn't say anything. Instead she gave a weak smile, one that was faintly reminiscent of her old sarcastic one and half raised herself up, although she was swaying like she was exhausted. Just thinking about her sister doing something like that had worn her out in the previous few moments. That and the terror constantly eating away at her now...what if something happened? She could live with something happening to her. There was always a certain bond between family. It was there forever. But Azulpaw? Alabasterpaw seemed to have it out for him, and she wouldn't be satisfied until he had gone to join StarClan. What would I do then? She thought, before turning to him again.

If she didn't say something soon, he would suspect something was wrong. And nothing was wrong. Nothing that he needs to know. I don't need to be made fun of right now. She thought, very nearly yawning before she put on her more glazed expression-- the one that was always the same, changing to fit what she thought was appropriate and letting anger through, but no real, raw emotion. But she didn't seem to have the energy. "Well next time, maybe you should come along. Probably make it--" She cut herself off before she could finish, mind racing desperately to find something other then 'better' or 'worth the time' to say. "Interesting, at least." She finished. No sarcasm. Not even a little bit. That was the most frustrating thing she could think of. Why hadn't she been able to do it? Maybe she was just too tired. Too scared. She was really, really scared...for the first time in a long time, for herself as well as someone else. What's going to happen to me? She thought.

Azulpaw couldn't protect her. For one thing, she had told him specifically not to and for another, if he hadn't been able to save himself...he couldn't save her. There was just no way. She didn't want his protection, either. If anything, Bluepaw would come when things got worse. He would be there. Because he was the stronger out of the two. Why am I suddenly so bitter? She thought, looking down at her own paws and staring at them as though they perhaps belonged to someone else. His question caught her off guard, and just like that, she was a kit again, playing in the nursery. What do we say when someone asks us our worth? Alabasterpaw-- Alabasterkit then, had asked. Less then Alli's. The blue she cat had answered. Again, and again, she had practiced with her half-sister. Her arrogant jerk of a half-sister. As though on autopilot, like in a dream, she answered-- "Less then Alli's." Had she been more awake, more aware of her surroundings, she wouldn't have answered that. She would have said something different.

And then just like that, her exhaustion was gone. She felt like a great weight had been taken off her. Maybe it was that she had answered something honestly. A pure question. Or maybe it was just that she wasn't really tired, just her fear had been lifted from blocking her off. Choking her, so to speak. That was stupid. That was so, so stupid. She thought, looking close to sinking her own claws into her paw...but then she stopped. No-- no, she wouldn't do that. It would only get her closer to breaking...which was bound to happen. She could only stay like this for so long. But she wasn't going to break now, because right now her energy had been restored to her. "Yes, that's probably the best thing. Get to it, now." She mewed, a purr rumbling in her throat and chest as she did so, a smile firmly plastered on her maw. This was one of the most pleasant times she'd been able to have in quite a while, if she were being honest. Quite a while.

But she couldn't be honest. Not with him. Her eyes narrowed as he spoke, but before she could say anything-- respond with anything-- he was already climbing the tree. She wasn't happy at all. What was he doing, calling her an 'angel?' She was far from it. Or had he been? Asterpaw tensed when he almost lost his footing; and her hues grew soft, wider with fear. If he were to fall...he could get badly hurt. And sure, she had told him to do so, but it had been a joke-- he got that, right? "You idiot, you're going to get yourself killed." She muttered in a low voice, and then her expression changed back to normal once he reached the top. The she cat grinned at his words. "Oh, I'm definitely ready. Should I bring flowers to the funeral?" She asked, cocking her head to one side. Asterpaw wasn't thinking he would actually jump. Why would he? It was dangerous...then again, she would have. That would be the jump of a lifetime. But that was her, not Azulpaw...and what if he didn't know how to make that jump so he wouldn't hurt himself? He could land and break his leg-- or all of them, who knew?

The white she cat glanced over at him and her hues narrowed. If he wanted the she cat who wouldn't be giving him a second look had she not messed things up, that was fine. I'll deal with her later, Alabasterpaw thought with a snort. She was annoyed that she couldn't at least do something to Asterpaw...the blue feline was obnoxious. With her sarcasm, and then being so kind the next second...it bothered her to no end. "Fine. You do realize she never would be paying attention to you had I not 'broken your heart,' and you also realize that she doesn't have feelings for you. She stays with you because she feels sorry for you." She snapped, her hues flashing angrily. She hated the thought that Asterpaw would do the very thing she loved...toying with him. But no, her sister was probably with Azulpaw. Alabasterpaw had seen the way she always looked. She cared-- and she liked his company. More then Bluepaw's.

"I understand. But now, if you'll excuse me... Asterpaw will be heading back any second, and I have a date to get to. It's rude to be late." She purred, brushing her tail against him before padding back into the shadows. She preferred to think of herself as a spirit, or some sort of an angel...but in reality, she was a demon. And maybe, just maybe...she knew that.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 25th, 2017, 04:30 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

The blue female's hues were close to slits as she listened to him. Though normally sarcasm was something that Asterpaw could appreciate, this was killing her. Did he have to be so obnoxious all the time? And even if he did...why her? Why not the silver cat, or the other cat she had seen him with? Why not Bluepaw, or some other 'lucky' she cat? Why, of all the cats in SkyClan, had he chosen to annoy the heck out of her. Or maybe he just did this to everyone. That must be it...surely he wasn't singling her out or anything. And if he was, well...she'd have to fix that. "Oh right...I forget, you're so absolutely charming sometimes. As a matter of fact, you're so charming it's annoying." She mewed with a completely sincere expression, and then her features became more serious. "I've noticed you're competitive. And annoying, sly, and one heck of an arrogant jerk. Oh yes, and...charming." She mewed, keeping her face completely solemn.

But I've also seen how you care about your friends. You came to get me out of that bush...for your own reasons, reasons I probably wouldn't understand. You pushed me away to keep me safe. Because you cared. You're more comfortable to be around then Bluepaw...more fun to be around. Asterpaw thought, the tip of her tail twitching thoughtfully. Oh, of course she would never admit any of this. At least, she wasn't planning on doing it. Why would she? She came back to the present and her features snapped back into place-- since she hadn't realized they had become softer and softer while she was thinking.

Her eyes narrowed angrily, and her tail lashed. "Beg. To you?" She asked, whiskers twitching in amusement. For a moment, she had thought she would be angry, but the thought was...almost laughable! After all, the idea of her begging to Azulpaw was laughable. She would never be begging him to do anything. Ever. Why would she need to? She had everything she could want...except freedom, a small voice at the back of her mind reminded her. Though it seemed she was free, there was also that one bothersome twinge at the back of her mind constantly reminding her that she was trapped because she didn't want to abandon Bluepaw. "I have absolutely no need to beg to you." She snorted, flicking him lightly with her tail. It was meant to be a playful gesture, not a mean one. Not a harsh one. Just something that she would have done with her sister when they were younger, a gesture that wasn't generally uncomfortable.

And yet, had he been Bluepaw...it would have been. He seemed to take every contact, every talk, and turn it into something huge. She was just a she cat like any other! She wasn't 'better' or more 'beautiful' then anyone else. Whatever his definition of beautiful or better was. Maybe she did fit it, but in her mind, she most certainly wasn't. She had never been. Alabasterpaw had lowered her expectations of being considered 'beautiful' or really worth something just by being herself...toms loved her. And Asterpaw? No one likes the sarcastic one who instantly changes when someone she cares about is hurt. She thought with a snort. What tom wanted an intelligent she cat, either? And yet she had turned her back on the truth at the same time, thinking she was smart for doing so. But she hadn't been smart. That had been the worst thing she could have done.

She sighed and looked away at his statement, almost like she was exhausted. "Blind and deaf, my, my, my...looks like I could use a guardian angel right about now." She chuckled wearily, closing her eyes. His question caught her off guard, and she tensed, everything in her seeming to halfway shut down. This wasn't playfulness-- this was for real. It was a defense mechanism for her, she would tense and then strike... but she wasn't striking. She was just standing there, a nervous expression written all over her features. "Oh please, darling. Losing my game? Bluepaw tiring me out? Please." She laughed, turning her face away. Sometimes it wasn't always comfortable around him...and now was one of those times. Why was he sometimes staring at her, and then other times ignoring her?

Why was he acting as though she were the most special cat alive one moment...like when Alabasterpaw had pinned her, which she could still remember vividly, and he had come over to her so gently...been so careful... and then the next, snap at her like she meant nothing? Or is it just that he knows how to survive? She thought with a pang of guilt. She was being selfish. She was being like Alabasterpaw, expecting him to care more about her then his survival. That simply wasn't the way it worked. Survival was important-- and should always come first. Especially after an experience like that. She was nervous. She was scared that something bad was going to happen...she could practically feel herself being pinned again-- or Azulpaw-- Alabasterpaw's hues gleaming wickedly, fangs flashing as she brought them down for the kill...NO! she thought, shaking the idea aside.

That wasn't going to happen. She wouldn't let it. At his question, she came back-- now, normally she would have mentioned it being a joke, but now that she thought about it...they really did do a lot together. That was how it should be. It was the normal for her now. She wasn't allowed to even think about anyone else-- anything else. Or was that just what she made herself believe? "Hm? Oh...hunting, talking, sometimes we go for walks and stuff...you know. All normal stuff. I could live like that, I guess." She shrugged. She hadn't realized how tired she was until now. She didn't feel like making jokes anymore, just in case Alabasterpaw was listening. Or Bluepaw. What if she hurt his feelings? Then no one would be able to look at her-- or she wouldn't be able to look at anyone, but to her, it was the same thing. Both were bad. Both were terrifying, actually.

Oh I'm sure you do. Poor thing, you must be just miserable with your best friends. She thought, but she didn't say anything. Instead she gave a weak smile, one that was faintly reminiscent of her old sarcastic one and half raised herself up, although she was swaying like she was exhausted. Just thinking about her sister doing something like that had worn her out in the previous few moments. That and the terror constantly eating away at her now...what if something happened? She could live with something happening to her. There was always a certain bond between family. It was there forever. But Azulpaw? Alabasterpaw seemed to have it out for him, and she wouldn't be satisfied until he had gone to join StarClan. What would I do then? She thought, before turning to him again.

If she didn't say something soon, he would suspect something was wrong. And nothing was wrong. Nothing that he needs to know. I don't need to be made fun of right now. She thought, very nearly yawning before she put on her more glazed expression-- the one that was always the same, changing to fit what she thought was appropriate and letting anger through, but no real, raw emotion. But she didn't seem to have the energy. "Well next time, maybe you should come along. Probably make it--" She cut herself off before she could finish, mind racing desperately to find something other then 'better' or 'worth the time' to say. "Interesting, at least." She finished. No sarcasm. Not even a little bit. That was the most frustrating thing she could think of. Why hadn't she been able to do it? Maybe she was just too tired. Too scared. She was really, really scared...for the first time in a long time, for herself as well as someone else. What's going to happen to me? She thought.

Azulpaw couldn't protect her. For one thing, she had told him specifically not to and for another, if he hadn't been able to save himself...he couldn't save her. There was just no way. She didn't want his protection, either. If anything, Bluepaw would come when things got worse. He would be there. Because he was the stronger out of the two. Why am I suddenly so bitter? She thought, looking down at her own paws and staring at them as though they perhaps belonged to someone else. His question caught her off guard, and just like that, she was a kit again, playing in the nursery. What do we say when someone asks us our worth? Alabasterpaw-- Alabasterkit then, had asked. Less then Alli's. The blue she cat had answered. Again, and again, she had practiced with her half-sister. Her arrogant jerk of a half-sister. As though on autopilot, like in a dream, she answered-- "Less then Alli's." Had she been more awake, more aware of her surroundings, she wouldn't have answered that. She would have said something different.

And then just like that, her exhaustion was gone. She felt like a great weight had been taken off her. Maybe it was that she had answered something honestly. A pure question. Or maybe it was just that she wasn't really tired, just her fear had been lifted from blocking her off. Choking her, so to speak. That was stupid. That was so, so stupid. She thought, looking close to sinking her own claws into her paw...but then she stopped. No-- no, she wouldn't do that. It would only get her closer to breaking...which was bound to happen. She could only stay like this for so long. But she wasn't going to break now, because right now her energy had been restored to her. "Yes, that's probably the best thing. Get to it, now." She mewed, a purr rumbling in her throat and chest as she did so, a smile firmly plastered on her maw. This was one of the most pleasant times she'd been able to have in quite a while, if she were being honest. Quite a while.

But she couldn't be honest. Not with him. Her eyes narrowed as he spoke, but before she could say anything-- respond with anything-- he was already climbing the tree. She wasn't happy at all. What was he doing, calling her an 'angel?' She was far from it. Or had he been? Asterpaw tensed when he almost lost his footing; and her hues grew soft, wider with fear. If he were to fall...he could get badly hurt. And sure, she had told him to do so, but it had been a joke-- he got that, right? "You idiot, you're going to get yourself killed." She muttered in a low voice, and then her expression changed back to normal once he reached the top. The she cat grinned at his words. "Oh, I'm definitely ready. Should I bring flowers to the funeral?" She asked, cocking her head to one side. Asterpaw wasn't thinking he would actually jump. Why would he? It was dangerous...then again, she would have. That would be the jump of a lifetime. But that was her, not Azulpaw...and what if he didn't know how to make that jump so he wouldn't hurt himself? He could land and break his leg-- or all of them, who knew?

The white she cat glanced over at him and her hues narrowed. If he wanted the she cat who wouldn't be giving him a second look had she not messed things up, that was fine. I'll deal with her later, Alabasterpaw thought with a snort. She was annoyed that she couldn't at least do something to Asterpaw...the blue feline was obnoxious. With her sarcasm, and then being so kind the next second...it bothered her to no end. "Fine. You do realize she never would be paying attention to you had I not 'broken your heart,' and you also realize that she doesn't have feelings for you. She stays with you because she feels sorry for you." She snapped, her hues flashing angrily. She hated the thought that Asterpaw would do the very thing she loved...toying with him. But no, her sister was probably with Azulpaw. Alabasterpaw had seen the way she always looked. She cared-- and she liked his company. More then Bluepaw's.

"I understand. But now, if you'll excuse me... Asterpaw will be heading back any second, and I have a date to get to. It's rude to be late." She purred, brushing her tail against him before padding back into the shadows. She preferred to think of herself as a spirit, or some sort of an angel...but in reality, she was a demon. And maybe, just maybe...she knew that.
Azulpaw strained his ears to hear her words, snickering. He leaned down, putting pressure on his front paws, so he could see her more closely. Closely, as he could. ‘’Oh, please do! And, cry for me, so I can feel more special.’’ He smirked, but he doubted she could see it. As he sat back up again, surveying the tree. He was looking for a pinpoint, where he would be able to land swiftly without breaking anything. Jumping off a tree or any high ledge was extremely easy for him. In fact, if he dared admit, it was fun for him.

Azulpaw jumped onto another sturdy branch, his heart flinched for a moment as if he was afraid of falling on accident. He leaned down once more to analyze his surroundings and see what comfortable spot he would like to land in. ‘’Don’t worry about me, Asterpaw! I got this!’’ He called to her, his chest swelled with pride. In all honesty, he was afraid if he didn’t jump that she would think he was weak. He never wanted to be thought of as weak. Though he knew Bluepaw was a lot stronger than the both of them, he didn’t want to be the weak link. Then again, he didn’t know Asterpaw’s voice was laced with a joking manner. Even though he did it in an attempt to impress her, he would never let her in on it.

‘’But!’’ He yelled down once more, his heart taking on a terrible pounding. ‘’If I don’t make it...please in honor of me, name one of your future kits with Bluepaw after me. Please, it would be greatly appreciated.’’ He cringed at the thought. Asterpaw...Bluepaw...kits? Never stood well with him. He inwardly wanted to vomit his stomach--empty as it was. The tom snorted, but he continued to lean on the edge, readying himself to jump. ‘’If I don’t do it she might take me as a failure.’’ He mumbled to himself, while gulping. Why was it so hard now? Trees were easy for him, yet this tree was a bit taller than average. And, more weak, if he says. As he moved around on the branch, he noticed that it was ready to tear into pieces.

Crack.

The tom’s eyes widened, and as quickly as he could, he hopped to a lower branch, moving out of the way of the upper branch that plummeted to the ground. He panted loudly, looking down at Asterpaw once again. ‘’That was a close one, huh?’’ He shouted down at her, snickering. ‘’Then, again, you’d be amuse if I fell to the ground that way. Sorry to disappoint you, darling.’’ Now, the branch he was currently on was closer to the ground...but not by much. It was still a far jump, and as the tom took a moment to position himself to jump, he squinted his eyes. And, in a quick swift moment he jumped out, aiming each of his paws in a rigid manner to maintain his landing. The tom landed on his paws, a relief thought crossed his mind, but as he began making his way towards Asterpaw, he accidentally tripped over his own paws, and tumbled around until his back hit into another nearby tree. The tom opened his eyes, groaning. For a moment he just laid there. Then, he let out a boisterous laugh. ‘’I would totally love to do that again. You should try it!’’ He jumped back up to his paws, a smile--almost kit-like graced his muzzle as he nudged her with a paw. ‘’I made it in down in one piece--sorry I didn’t break anything. I knew you probably would had wanted me to.’’ He joked and gently brushed his tail against her side. Though he pondered if he should, considering they have been getting touchy in the latest. He knew that Bluepaw may be lurking in the shadows, ready to strike whenever he needed to. Strike at him. Azulpaw knew he wasn’t completely ready, but he was more ready than he was that moon ago.

The grey tom jumped around immediately from the female at the thought, but he didn’t lose his expression. A kit-like expression that he used to do all the time when he and Bluepaw went roaming out and about causing mischief and having fun. Those were the days when Azulpaw was the happiest...who knew so much could change in a few moons?

‘’I’m going to be the best warrior for Skyclan! Just watch me! I’ll be fighting off every cat that dare set foot on our territory!’’ Bluepaw-- then, Bluekit had exclaimed when they were old enough to leave the nursery den. Azulkit followed after him, a thoughtful expression on his face. He curled his mouth into a smile, and nodded, agreeing with his best friend. Although, he was the more realistic of the two, and the way Bluekit was describing what he would do sounded too...savage to the grey tom. Azulkit twitched his ears, and turned his head to look at his boastful friend, before commenting. ‘’Don’t be so shallow, Bluekit.’’

‘’How am I being...shallow?’’ The tom remarked, rolling his eyes. Whatever he said, Azulkit seemed to always bring it down.

‘’It’s okay to wanting to be the best warrior of Skyclan, but before you start a war, you have to know what you’re fighting for.’’ The grey tom remarked, closing his eyes as he trusted Starclan to walk him into the right path. He didn’t see the rude expression that Bluekit gave him, but it never mattered. Azulkit knew he, as well wanted to be a superior warrior, and he also knew that before starting wars, there must always be a reason to what you’re fighting for.

Azulpaw blinked his eyes, his tail drooping as he recounted that memory. ‘’Before you start a war, you have to know what you’re fighting for.’’ He mumbled, and slightly made a glance towards Asterpaw, but his expression was unreadable. The tom shook his head, and let out a sigh. Even if he wanted to tell her what was on his mind, would she understand? Surely not.

The tom stretched his limbs out, hoping they weren’t aching. Once he realized that he was alright, he cleared his throat, and turned back to Asterpaw. A tired expression crossed his face. ‘’Sure,’’ He sat down, curling his tail around him, as he stared down at his paws. He remembered earlier how she had invited him to tag along on one of their little adventures. ‘’I bet it would be great to feel like a third tag along.’’ His eyes never left his paws as he said that. He didn’t realize that the words had left his mew, but they were the most honest he had ever utter. Without such sarcasm or a sadistic remark. He was genuinely overwhelmed with emotion, just thinking about the past. Just thinking about his brother...Bluepaw. Everything was changing. So far, everything was going to continue to change. Azulpaw doubted if he could make anything interesting anymore. Since a moon ago, the tom had kept himself guarded around Bluepaw, not wanting to upset him. Another reason as to why he stopped hanging around Asterpaw. He knew she would be around Bluepaw all the time, and the last thing Azulpaw needed was Bluepaw thinking he was some type of competition. Because he wasn’t. What was there to compete over?

As far as Azulpaw knew, Asterpaw had dug herself into this mess. She could leave the situation if she wanted--but she chose to stay by his side. And, if it was what she wanted...who was he to judge her on it? No one. He would never be anyone. He surely wouldn’t freeze his life waiting for a she-cat that was bound forever by life support.

This, was the exact reason he needed to keep his distance.

Yet, he couldn’t hate her. Or, shake her off. No matter how many times they tried, they argued, bickered, fought, fate always brought them back together. Azulpaw wanted to shout at fate for intervening with their lives. Why couldn’t fate just go on to someone else? Mess up their lives instead of his? But, he couldn’t do anything. The best thing to do was to watch and see what fate had in store. For him. For her. For them all.

After all, even though the sun was high, Azulpaw felt an odd sensation go through his body, and this made him turn away from her, feeling down on himself. He let out a sigh, and pinned his ears to his head. An eerie feeling lingered around him, making his ears twitch slightly. ‘’This may be the last sunset I see, I’ll take it in.’’ He paused, even though it was far from sunset timing, he knew he would love to be at the top of the highest tree or ledge to envelop the sunset that was to come. ‘’This may be the last day that I breathe...I’ll breath it in.’’ Though it felt overdramatic for him...why did something not feel right? As if he could feel the last of his breath leaving his flesh? His heart wrenched, and his head pounded. He couldn't even bring himself to look at Asterpaw. What must she had thought about him? All playfulness was gone...and the last thing he wanted was seriousness going on between the two.

Bluepaw tilted his head to the side, watching her movements as the darling white feline went off. He shook his head. ‘’What am I going to do with her?’’ The tom sighed lowly before going off to finish his own business. He knew he would have to find Asterpaw. The problem was...where would she be? She had been spending a lot of time with him lately, and he loved the company. The tom felt closer than ever to her, but since he felt that she needed a little space to not feel smothered...he lost her, and didn’t know where he might find her, so he looked all through the territory, stalking her as if she were his prey.

Her scent was strong. He could smell the scent of pine needles and flowers wavering in his nose, and he followed the strongest path that led him to her.

Azulpaw…

Why was that tom there? Was he bothering her? Did he feel that he could take her because Bluepaw was elsewhere...handling business. Welcoming back an old friend with warm paws? Though the tom was faced away from the she-cat, he knew something had to happen between them. With the emotional feeling in the air--he wondered, exactly what it was that drawn them together. They haven’t talked in a moon! Couldn’t he get over her by that time and allow her to be happy with him?

Bluepaw snorted. He didn’t need to worry about anything. As long as his heart was broken, Asterpaw was all his. Forever. And, when Alabasterpaw made her move to kill the tom, Asterpaw would have no choice, but to move on to the next closest thing to Azulpaw--him.

‘’Asterpaw.’’ The tom called gently, making himself noticed. He trotted towards her to give her a quick nuzzle, his eyes deadly on Azulpaw. Azulpaw looked back, a look of surprise flickered onto his face before being replaced by his smug natural look. ‘’Azulpaw.’’

‘’Hello, old buddy.’’ The grey tom turned around, stretching as he fluffed out his fur. ‘’Haven’t seen you in a while?’’

‘’Thought since she was alone, you could swipe in, huh?’’ Bluepaw said, ignoring the tom’s sarcastic question.

‘’Jealous, jealous temper.’’ Azulpaw laughed, a vicious, sadistic type of laugh that didn’t sound like his own when he was with Asterpaw alone. Though he maintained his friendly stature, he was not going to allow Bluepaw to over ride him again. ‘’We were simply overjoyed seeing each other again. We’re friends too, you know.’’

‘’You cannot trust him, Asterpaw. I don’t think the two of you needs to be friends anylonger. We were fine without you.’’ Bluepaw’s eyes flashed towards Asterpaw, giving her a warning look. He did not want Asterpaw to get her feelings hook onto Azulpaw, knowing that the tom’s end was coming soon. It saddened him to think if Asterpaw would truly be heartbroken--that she didn’t love him, but instead carried a deeper affection for his once friend. His once brother, that he hoped would die a slow and painful death. He would had done it himself, but he also decided that Alabasterpaw would need to be given a chance.

Azulpaw nodded, and to infuriate Bluepaw more, he gave an obnoxious purr--loud and endearing to Asterpaw, ‘’Oh, yes. Told you that you shouldn’t trust me, love. I’m bad news--as Bluepaw says, but you just can’t help being addicted to me, can you?’’ On purpose the tom lowered his voice to somewhat of a deep huskiness.

Bluepaw hissed, ‘’Are you mocking me?’’ He crouched down, ready to attack.

Azulpaw’s eyes hardened on Bluepaw, but he could never attack him. He got into stance, a hesitation hovering in his eyes. He would be ready if Bluepaw did, indeed, attack him. ‘’Take it as you see it.’’

Bluepaw snarled--and he lunged forward, tumbling with the other tom. As he landed on top, he forced a paw in the crook of Azulpaw’s throat. ‘’I should end you the way Alabasterpaw failed to do.’’ He leaned down, his eyes glinting. As he pressed his paw deeper into Azulpaw’s throat, the tom gagged. Azulpaw moved his hind legs, and tried fiddling with them to an accurate point. Afterwards, he kicked them up--hard and swift until Bluepaw landed off of him, and Azulpaw was on top. Azulpaw stood shell-shocked. Was that really him? Or was starclan playing a trick on him? Or was it the anger...the fuel of remembering the abuse he had went through with the white devil? The mere mention of Alabasterpaw set a fire in him, that he wished to extinguish. Yet, he couldn't find himself to hurt her. She was Asterpaw's sister! Asterpaw loved her sister! If he did hurt her in anyway...Asterpaw would never forgive him...why was everything always about Asterpaw with him?

He had no time to think on this, but instead he snarled towards his once friend. His once brother. ‘’I don’t know what’s going on in your head, but eventually you’ll have to deal with the things that you talk about--Yeah. Is that clear to you, yet?’’ He didn’t have the strength to press down on Bluepaw to hurt him further. He didn’t want to hurt him. He loved him with a deep bond that the two shared since they were kits. It seemed to be diminishing from Bluepaw’s side, but for Azulpaw...it would never go away. And, that scared him.

The grey tom hopped off his friend, leaving Bluepaw in a frizzy state of disheveled thoughts, and mockery humiliation. Azulpaw walked up to Asterpaw, just staring at her for a moment, before he shook his head, and sighed. ‘’This is exactly what I’m talking about. And, I’m sorry, but I can’t deal with it. I’ll always like you and all,’’ Once more the tom took a quick glance at the piebald tom who laid on his stomach, giving him a deadly glare, muttering loathing nothings under his breath. ‘’But you have other things to focus on.’’ He walked past her, making sure to brush his pelt alongside her’s to not only feel the softness it carried, but to also give a sincere apology.

Bluepaw stood up, panting lowly. His eyes narrowed into tight slits as he padded towards Asterpaw, looking as the tom trotted off elsewhere. ‘’He’s going to get it coming to him. Alabaster-’’ He stopped himself, just as he noticed Asterpaw was still beside him. He closed his maw, shaking his head. Alabasterpaw will finish him off...she better. He would never admit that Azulpaw was getting better at fighting. The way he flipped the two surprised him. Whenever did he learn that move? Whenever did he learn to put exact pressure in the right place? This made the piebald feline snarl under his breath. ‘’I’m tired of you--and haven’t you said that yourself? Why didn’t you run at the sight of him, Ast? I don’t want you to think I hate,’’ thought he did. ‘’Because I don’t. He’ll always be my brother, but I just can’t trust him at the moment. Especially since he desires what I love.’’ And, he can’t have what I love. Alabasterpaw better act fast.

Last edited by Brilliance; March 25th, 2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old March 25th, 2017, 06:08 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness View Post

Shadepaw shook herself, then hurried quickly after Ivypaw, but with far less enthusiasm. She hopped from dark place to dark place, crisp snow crunching under her paws as she went. She hoped that TwolegPlace was not as dangerous as she'd heard elders say it was, but then, elders rarely didn't bend the truth a little in their stories. She liked that about them, although it also annoyed her from time to time. “I'm comin'!” the albino molly muttered, picking up her pace a bit.
(I'm gonna kill her off I think, so mind if she dies in TwolegPlace?)
Ivypaw purred at Shadepaw's muttered comment, trotting in the direction of Twolegplace. She felt happy, like nothing could bring her down. A smile stretched across her grey muzzle and she looked back at Shadepaw, who was hopping from shadow to shadow. Slowing down, Ivypaw padded beside her friend. "So, what are we going to do once we get there? I heard Twolegplace is really easy to get lost in. We need a way to keep track of where we are." Ivypaw tilted her head, thinking. "Maybe we could mark certain objects to show that was where we were?" Ivypaw was slightly doubting her own idea, but she couldn't think of anything else at the moment.

(Oh no! Why?)
Old March 25th, 2017, 09:30 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

Azulpaw strained his ears to hear her words, snickering. He leaned down, putting pressure on his front paws, so he could see her more closely. Closely, as he could. ‘’Oh, please do! And, cry for me, so I can feel more special.’’ He smirked, but he doubted she could see it. As he sat back up again, surveying the tree. He was looking for a pinpoint, where he would be able to land swiftly without breaking anything. Jumping off a tree or any high ledge was extremely easy for him. In fact, if he dared admit, it was fun for him.

Azulpaw jumped onto another sturdy branch, his heart flinched for a moment as if he was afraid of falling on accident. He leaned down once more to analyze his surroundings and see what comfortable spot he would like to land in. ‘’Don’t worry about me, Asterpaw! I got this!’’ He called to her, his chest swelled with pride. In all honesty, he was afraid if he didn’t jump that she would think he was weak. He never wanted to be thought of as weak. Though he knew Bluepaw was a lot stronger than the both of them, he didn’t want to be the weak link. Then again, he didn’t know Asterpaw’s voice was laced with a joking manner. Even though he did it in an attempt to impress her, he would never let her in on it.

‘’But!’’ He yelled down once more, his heart taking on a terrible pounding. ‘’If I don’t make it...please in honor of me, name one of your future kits with Bluepaw after me. Please, it would be greatly appreciated.’’ He cringed at the thought. Asterpaw...Bluepaw...kits? Never stood well with him. He inwardly wanted to vomit his stomach--empty as it was. The tom snorted, but he continued to lean on the edge, readying himself to jump. ‘’If I don’t do it she might take me as a failure.’’ He mumbled to himself, while gulping. Why was it so hard now? Trees were easy for him, yet this tree was a bit taller than average. And, more weak, if he says. As he moved around on the branch, he noticed that it was ready to tear into pieces.

Crack.

The tom’s eyes widened, and as quickly as he could, he hopped to a lower branch, moving out of the way of the upper branch that plummeted to the ground. He panted loudly, looking down at Asterpaw once again. ‘’That was a close one, huh?’’ He shouted down at her, snickering. ‘’Then, again, you’d be amuse if I fell to the ground that way. Sorry to disappoint you, darling.’’ Now, the branch he was currently on was closer to the ground...but not by much. It was still a far jump, and as the tom took a moment to position himself to jump, he squinted his eyes. And, in a quick swift moment he jumped out, aiming each of his paws in a rigid manner to maintain his landing. The tom landed on his paws, a relief thought crossed his mind, but as he began making his way towards Asterpaw, he accidentally tripped over his own paws, and tumbled around until his back hit into another nearby tree. The tom opened his eyes, groaning. For a moment he just laid there. Then, he let out a boisterous laugh. ‘’I would totally love to do that again. You should try it!’’ He jumped back up to his paws, a smile--almost kit-like graced his muzzle as he nudged her with a paw. ‘’I made it in down in one piece--sorry I didn’t break anything. I knew you probably would had wanted me to.’’ He joked and gently brushed his tail against her side. Though he pondered if he should, considering they have been getting touchy in the latest. He knew that Bluepaw may be lurking in the shadows, ready to strike whenever he needed to. Strike at him. Azulpaw knew he wasn’t completely ready, but he was more ready than he was that moon ago.

The grey tom jumped around immediately from the female at the thought, but he didn’t lose his expression. A kit-like expression that he used to do all the time when he and Bluepaw went roaming out and about causing mischief and having fun. Those were the days when Azulpaw was the happiest...who knew so much could change in a few moons?

‘’I’m going to be the best warrior for Skyclan! Just watch me! I’ll be fighting off every cat that dare set foot on our territory!’’ Bluepaw-- then, Bluekit had exclaimed when they were old enough to leave the nursery den. Azulkit followed after him, a thoughtful expression on his face. He curled his mouth into a smile, and nodded, agreeing with his best friend. Although, he was the more realistic of the two, and the way Bluekit was describing what he would do sounded too...savage to the grey tom. Azulkit twitched his ears, and turned his head to look at his boastful friend, before commenting. ‘’Don’t be so shallow, Bluekit.’’

‘’How am I being...shallow?’’ The tom remarked, rolling his eyes. Whatever he said, Azulkit seemed to always bring it down.

‘’It’s okay to wanting to be the best warrior of Skyclan, but before you start a war, you have to know what you’re fighting for.’’ The grey tom remarked, closing his eyes as he trusted Starclan to walk him into the right path. He didn’t see the rude expression that Bluekit gave him, but it never mattered. Azulkit knew he, as well wanted to be a superior warrior, and he also knew that before starting wars, there must always be a reason to what you’re fighting for.

Azulpaw blinked his eyes, his tail drooping as he recounted that memory. ‘’Before you start a war, you have to know what you’re fighting for.’’ He mumbled, and slightly made a glance towards Asterpaw, but his expression was unreadable. The tom shook his head, and let out a sigh. Even if he wanted to tell her what was on his mind, would she understand? Surely not.

The tom stretched his limbs out, hoping they weren’t aching. Once he realized that he was alright, he cleared his throat, and turned back to Asterpaw. A tired expression crossed his face. ‘’Sure,’’ He sat down, curling his tail around him, as he stared down at his paws. He remembered earlier how she had invited him to tag along on one of their little adventures. ‘’I bet it would be great to feel like a third tag along.’’ His eyes never left his paws as he said that. He didn’t realize that the words had left his mew, but they were the most honest he had ever utter. Without such sarcasm or a sadistic remark. He was genuinely overwhelmed with emotion, just thinking about the past. Just thinking about his brother...Bluepaw. Everything was changing. So far, everything was going to continue to change. Azulpaw doubted if he could make anything interesting anymore. Since a moon ago, the tom had kept himself guarded around Bluepaw, not wanting to upset him. Another reason as to why he stopped hanging around Asterpaw. He knew she would be around Bluepaw all the time, and the last thing Azulpaw needed was Bluepaw thinking he was some type of competition. Because he wasn’t. What was there to compete over?

As far as Azulpaw knew, Asterpaw had dug herself into this mess. She could leave the situation if she wanted--but she chose to stay by his side. And, if it was what she wanted...who was he to judge her on it? No one. He would never be anyone. He surely wouldn’t freeze his life waiting for a she-cat that was bound forever by life support.

This, was the exact reason he needed to keep his distance.

Yet, he couldn’t hate her. Or, shake her off. No matter how many times they tried, they argued, bickered, fought, fate always brought them back together. Azulpaw wanted to shout at fate for intervening with their lives. Why couldn’t fate just go on to someone else? Mess up their lives instead of his? But, he couldn’t do anything. The best thing to do was to watch and see what fate had in store. For him. For her. For them all.

After all, even though the sun was high, Azulpaw felt an odd sensation go through his body, and this made him turn away from her, feeling down on himself. He let out a sigh, and pinned his ears to his head. An eerie feeling lingered around him, making his ears twitch slightly. ‘’This may be the last sunset I see, I’ll take it in.’’ He paused, even though it was far from sunset timing, he knew he would love to be at the top of the highest tree or ledge to envelop the sunset that was to come. ‘’This may be the last day that I breathe...I’ll breath it in.’’ Though it felt overdramatic for him...why did something not feel right? As if he could feel the last of his breath leaving his flesh? His heart wrenched, and his head pounded. He couldn't even bring himself to look at Asterpaw. What must she had thought about him? All playfulness was gone...and the last thing he wanted was seriousness going on between the two.

Bluepaw tilted his head to the side, watching her movements as the darling white feline went off. He shook his head. ‘’What am I going to do with her?’’ The tom sighed lowly before going off to finish his own business. He knew he would have to find Asterpaw. The problem was...where would she be? She had been spending a lot of time with him lately, and he loved the company. The tom felt closer than ever to her, but since he felt that she needed a little space to not feel smothered...he lost her, and didn’t know where he might find her, so he looked all through the territory, stalking her as if she were his prey.

Her scent was strong. He could smell the scent of pine needles and flowers wavering in his nose, and he followed the strongest path that led him to her.

Azulpaw…

Why was that tom there? Was he bothering her? Did he feel that he could take her because Bluepaw was elsewhere...handling business. Welcoming back an old friend with warm paws? Though the tom was faced away from the she-cat, he knew something had to happen between them. With the emotional feeling in the air--he wondered, exactly what it was that drawn them together. They haven’t talked in a moon! Couldn’t he get over her by that time and allow her to be happy with him?

Bluepaw snorted. He didn’t need to worry about anything. As long as his heart was broken, Asterpaw was all his. Forever. And, when Alabasterpaw made her move to kill the tom, Asterpaw would have no choice, but to move on to the next closest thing to Azulpaw--him.

‘’Asterpaw.’’ The tom called gently, making himself noticed. He trotted towards her to give her a quick nuzzle, his eyes deadly on Azulpaw. Azulpaw looked back, a look of surprise flickered onto his face before being replaced by his smug natural look. ‘’Azulpaw.’’

‘’Hello, old buddy.’’ The grey tom turned around, stretching as he fluffed out his fur. ‘’Haven’t seen you in a while?’’

‘’Thought since she was alone, you could swipe in, huh?’’ Bluepaw said, ignoring the tom’s sarcastic question.

‘’Jealous, jealous temper.’’ Azulpaw laughed, a vicious, sadistic type of laugh that didn’t sound like his own when he was with Asterpaw alone. Though he maintained his friendly stature, he was not going to allow Bluepaw to over ride him again. ‘’We were simply overjoyed seeing each other again. We’re friends too, you know.’’

‘’You cannot trust him, Asterpaw. I don’t think the two of you needs to be friends anylonger. We were fine without you.’’ Bluepaw’s eyes flashed towards Asterpaw, giving her a warning look. He did not want Asterpaw to get her feelings hook onto Azulpaw, knowing that the tom’s end was coming soon. It saddened him to think if Asterpaw would truly be heartbroken--that she didn’t love him, but instead carried a deeper affection for his once friend. His once brother, that he hoped would die a slow and painful death. He would had done it himself, but he also decided that Alabasterpaw would need to be given a chance.

Azulpaw nodded, and to infuriate Bluepaw more, he gave an obnoxious purr--loud and endearing to Asterpaw, ‘’Oh, yes. Told you that you shouldn’t trust me, love. I’m bad news--as Bluepaw says, but you just can’t help being addicted to me, can you?’’ On purpose the tom lowered his voice to somewhat of a deep huskiness.

Bluepaw hissed, ‘’Are you mocking me?’’ He crouched down, ready to attack.

Azulpaw’s eyes hardened on Bluepaw, but he could never attack him. He got into stance, a hesitation hovering in his eyes. He would be ready if Bluepaw did, indeed, attack him. ‘’Take it as you see it.’’

Bluepaw snarled--and he lunged forward, tumbling with the other tom. As he landed on top, he forced a paw in the crook of Azulpaw’s throat. ‘’I should end you the way Alabasterpaw failed to do.’’ He leaned down, his eyes glinting. As he pressed his paw deeper into Azulpaw’s throat, the tom gagged. Azulpaw moved his hind legs, and tried fiddling with them to an accurate point. Afterwards, he kicked them up--hard and swift until Bluepaw landed off of him, and Azulpaw was on top. Azulpaw stood shell-shocked. Was that really him? Or was starclan playing a trick on him? Or was it the anger...the fuel of remembering the abuse he had went through with the white devil? The mere mention of Alabasterpaw set a fire in him, that he wished to extinguish. Yet, he couldn't find himself to hurt her. She was Asterpaw's sister! Asterpaw loved her sister! If he did hurt her in anyway...Asterpaw would never forgive him...why was everything always about Asterpaw with him?

He had no time to think on this, but instead he snarled towards his once friend. His once brother. ‘’I don’t know what’s going on in your head, but eventually you’ll have to deal with the things that you talk about--Yeah. Is that clear to you, yet?’’ He didn’t have the strength to press down on Bluepaw to hurt him further. He didn’t want to hurt him. He loved him with a deep bond that the two shared since they were kits. It seemed to be diminishing from Bluepaw’s side, but for Azulpaw...it would never go away. And, that scared him.

The grey tom hopped off his friend, leaving Bluepaw in a frizzy state of disheveled thoughts, and mockery humiliation. Azulpaw walked up to Asterpaw, just staring at her for a moment, before he shook his head, and sighed. ‘’This is exactly what I’m talking about. And, I’m sorry, but I can’t deal with it. I’ll always like you and all,’’ Once more the tom took a quick glance at the piebald tom who laid on his stomach, giving him a deadly glare, muttering loathing nothings under his breath. ‘’But you have other things to focus on.’’ He walked past her, making sure to brush his pelt alongside her’s to not only feel the softness it carried, but to also give a sincere apology.

Bluepaw stood up, panting lowly. His eyes narrowed into tight slits as he padded towards Asterpaw, looking as the tom trotted off elsewhere. ‘’He’s going to get it coming to him. Alabaster-’’ He stopped himself, just as he noticed Asterpaw was still beside him. He closed his maw, shaking his head. Alabasterpaw will finish him off...she better. He would never admit that Azulpaw was getting better at fighting. The way he flipped the two surprised him. Whenever did he learn that move? Whenever did he learn to put exact pressure in the right place? This made the piebald feline snarl under his breath. ‘’I’m tired of you--and haven’t you said that yourself? Why didn’t you run at the sight of him, Ast? I don’t want you to think I hate,’’ thought he did. ‘’Because I don’t. He’ll always be my brother, but I just can’t trust him at the moment. Especially since he desires what I love.’’ And, he can’t have what I love. Alabasterpaw better act fast.

"I'll try, but you know... I don't cry that easily. Better make it sad and dramatic, hopefully that'll do the trick," She called to the tom. The she cat laughed quietly to herself-- this was what she had missed. This was what she loved, playing around, just in a friendly manner...nothing too serious. It was all a game. No one was trying to impress. No one was trying to be a hero. And best of all, since there were so many other things going on in her life...no one was serious. Still, terror was playing an active part in her mind as she watched him. What if something did go wrong? What if he fell? If only she were big enough to catch him...but she wasn't. If that happened, she would either risk him landing on top of her-- which, at the impact, would most likely hurt her back or her ribs or something else-- or she would have to watch him break his own spine, or ribs, or whatever he would land on. Unless he landed straight, on all four paws. Now that would be a show worth watching.

"I'm not worried!" She called back in the most careless tone she could manage, although her heart was racing and her mind spinning with the possibilities. Maybe he wouldn't really do it. No one would blame him, least of all her, but...he could let his pride get the better of him. And then she would be truly terrified. Still, one thought in particular kept going through her head...you can do this. Asterpaw believed that he could, but at the same time...doubt played a big part of her fear. Could he? Did he know the risk of injury here, how badly he could really be hurt? She, personally, would have thought about this...and then probably done it anyways. Falling wasn't what scared her, however. Impact was. Every time she did a jump, or anything else, the impact always made her wince-- no matter whether it was large or small.

It was just part of who she was, the same as her sarcasm...the same as her actions...everything. His words made her have a twisted, sick feeling as though she would have liked to throw up. Of course she would have overlooked that little detail. She would have to have kits with him...it was supposed to be a sign of her devotion. She had always looked at it that way, at least. But she didn't want kits. Surely he would respect that. "Don't-- don't talk like that! Of course you're going to make it. I believe in you." Everyone needed a boost of self-confidence once in a while...and Asterpaw was always full of them, it was never hard for her to utter a kind word or smile in the direction of someone who might need it.

But this was different. She was serious. She hadn't really thought of saying anything like that before, because he had always been full of confidence. And pride. More then anything, she'd thought he needed to be taken down a peg or two. But, she supposed everyone needed to be built up as well. A smile crossed her face as she watched him continue onwards... now this was interesting. How far was he going to go? A shadow suddenly came across her features, her hues darkening as she observed the branch. It looked unsteady. Surely he wouldn't try to--

And then the crack came.

Everything seemed to be black and dreary for Asterpaw. Everything was like her worst nightmares had come true, that one crack echoing in her head. "No..." She mumbled, shaking her head. She wanted to scream. But she couldn't. Do something, anything, to help...to get him out of there...Asterpaw was so caught up, she didn't even notice that he was safe and out of danger. Snapping out of it as she heard his voice again, Asterpaw looked up to see him safe on a lower branch. Thank StarClan...she thought, as she managed to regain control of her shaking and her expression relaxed, before she lashed her tail angrily. "It's not funny! Of all the stupid...immature...crazy...insane things to do, that was just-- what did you-- what were you trying to do?" She stammered, unable to finish any of her sentences. Terror was still pretty strong in her expression, and her words, both of which were shaking like a leaf being blown by the wind. She had been terrified. No matter how much she teased him, or was-- selfish....she really did care.

And had she not been worried about what Bluepaw might say, or do...she might have told him so. She watched as he jumped out of the tree-- then tripped over his own paws, which gave her another miniature shock-- and then sighed as he made his way over to her. Thank StarClan he did that without getting seriously injured, she thought for a moment before her hues became serious and somewhat darker as he sat down beside her. His touch-- light though it was-- sent shudders down her spine, making her uncomfortable...this was wrong. But if this is so wrong, then why do I feel-- right? She thought. Completely missing the fact he was joking, and feeling too much fear still inside her to say anything in a kidding manner at all, she closed her eyes for a moment as though trying to center her thoughts before opening them. "No. No, I wouldn't have liked it at all. I thought you actually were going to fall...I thought you were actually going to die. And you scared me! What if you had fallen, what do you think--" She stopped, closing her eyes again.

She was just ranting now, talking on and on...and she needed to stop. She had to stop. "Never mind. It doesn't matter." She clamped her maw shut, knowing that if she continued, he'd probably find something to say. Of course he cared. She knew-- he had told her. Why had he told her? Oh, I remember-- that stupid fight is why. She thought, pinning her ears back. Asterpaw hated fighting with him. Because it was just too real. Even when she had fought with Alabasterpaw, things had only lasted a minute or so-- they were close friends. She just didn't fight with Bluepaw...she kept well away from areas that she knew would irritate him. Except for one...one thing that she couldn't seem to get over. And that was Azulpaw. Did Bluepaw care that much when she was around him? She imagined so, everything from his expression to hurrying her away as quickly as he could.

She flinched when he jumped away from her-- though his expression might remain the same, she knew what he was thinking. What he was feeling. Of course he would do that, he didn't want to be anywhere near her... did he? One moment he did, the next he didn't. And it confused her-- quite a bit, at least. The next thing she knew, he was mumbling something...something odd. What was he talking about? "What?" She asked, half-laughing as she was unsure what it had been. The only words she had caught were 'war' and 'fighting for.' Was that all he had said? Fighting for war, maybe? Who would do that? Everyone fought for peace, not war... at least, that was her opinion. Everyone wanted peace. It was important. For a while they sat there, every once in a while Azulpaw made a remark-- ones that Asterpaw didn't quite understand. But she didn't know what to do. After all, this was her life.

Her life consisted of grabbing calmer moments, other times running around with Bluepaw, constantly doing things or having him touch her, wanting to make contact with her. And Asterpaw was all for contact, just not...so much of it. A touch every here and there was fine, or to let someone know you cared, or...to playact, as she recalled. But this wasn't playacting. And this wasn't just letting her know he cared. This was something...different. Something special, that she could feel. And she didn't know how to feel about it. Most of her life she'd been told how and what to feel, whether or not she was doing it correctly, and other such junk by Alabasterpaw. But Alabasterpaw wasn't here now. So she didn't know what to do, or whether or not she should be here. What if Bluepaw came now? But...let him come. She wasn't doing anything wrong. She didn't actually have feelings for Azulpaw...she just cared, a lot. More then she wanted to admit. Much more then she wanted to admit.

A gentle voice behind her startled her, and she jumped slightly, calming when Bluepaw nuzzled her. It was just Bluepaw. Nothing to worry about. She smiled back at him, but made no move to make new contact with the tom. Perhaps she thought the contact he gave her was enough. She wasn't a needy cat. And yet Bluepaw gave her so much attention, whether he thought she was or not was uncertain, but either way-- she got enough. Too much, really. "Hi, Bluepaw. Good to see you." She mewed in the soft, careful voice that she always used around the tom. It sounded almost fake...but it wasn't. That was just the way she acted, always trying to keep from doing something wrong. Like she was walking on eggshells, or leaves that she didn't want to crush beneath her paws. It was close to impossible-- but doable, just as long as she sacrificed some things as well.

Bluepaw's accusation made her hues flash with anger. That wasn't what had happened! "Actually, that's not tr-" She began, but was cut off by a quick retort from Azulpaw. Were they fighting about her? Oh great StarClan, help me...she thought with a roll of her eyes. This was just getting stupid. It needed to stop, and it needed to stop now. She raised herself up and her eyes got a colder gleam in them at Bluepaw's next words. "I'll decide who I can and cannot trust. I will also decide who to give my friendship to. I care about you-- or I wouldn't be doing this-- but you can't control my entire life. Understood?" She asked, even her voice hard. She was sick and tired of this. Bluepaw was overprotective, and Azulpaw wasn't making matters easier. He was practically asking to get himself hurt. And she didn't want to see that happen. But she couldn't just walk away, or it would happen.

"I'm not addicted to you." She hissed, her eyes narrowing before she turned back to Bluepaw. She didn't want to hurt him. But this was over. If she could get this to end now...everything would be just fine. All she had to do was remain firm, and not freak out, and she would be able to do this perfectly. "Am I not allowed to care? Is that off limits too, now? What's next, my ability to think for myself? To move for myself? Oh, best of all-- what about my ability to speak for myself, or have you taken that away too?" She asked, sarcasm rich in her voice. And then the fight started. She needed to get out of here. To escape. Maybe, just maybe...if she left, then they would stop trying to rip each other to pieces and realize what they were doing. They were best friends! Best friends. And she was causing this. She was making a rift in between them, making it so that they would never be the same. Was it too late to fix this? Was it too late for her to turn around and make this right again, or was it still okay?

She returned afterwards, and to her surprise, saw not Azulpaw but Bluepaw on the ground...winded. "I understand. And...I think you're right. I'm just causing a rift...a rift I don't want to cause." She mewed, glancing back towards Bluepaw before bringing her face closer, half-whispering-- "But next time you're going to do a jump like that, let me know... my loyal servant." She told him teasingly, before he walked past her. Again the coldness, and the chills. Again she felt lower then dirt, and yet at the same time, as though she could fly. Things were really going to be okay. And she didn't feel bad anymore... because now she was sure she had mended the rift.

After quickly checking on Bluepaw and giving him a soft, gentle, caring nudge, she headed off again on her own. A little more time to herself was exactly what she needed-- after all, that was what she had planned in the first place before running into Bluepaw. But now she really needed it. And then someone she had never expected to see again stepped out of the bushes. One of the most terrifying demons from her past, a cat she had hoped to never see again, reapproached her. Blue hues gleamed and sparked like icy flames.

Alabasterpaw.

The demon who haunted her nightmares.

"Remember me...sister?" Alabasterpaw asked, fangs gleaming in a welcoming smile. In the next instant she had pinned Asterpaw down to the ground and was keeping her there, one soft paw on her throat so it would be more difficult for her to call out. And Asterpaw didn't. She kept quiet. "One wrong move, and you're finished." Alabasterpaw growled, before raising her head. Just like Asterpaw, she had a pretty good impression of her sister. And for the previous moon, all she'd been doing was perfecting it. Despite what Bluepaw had said, she had a plan. One that she was sure would guarantee that Azulpaw literally stood there while she killed him. He wouldn't care how painful it was. Because he cared about the she cat she would have trapped. It was either sacrifice himself, or she would sacrifice her sister. Bluffing, of course, but who would know that? No one but her, and hopefully Bluepaw. If he had the intelligence to stay away and keep his maw shut.

"Azulpa-" Alabasterpaw began, and then stopped herself. It was a wonderful impression of her sister, but then she glared down at Asterpaw. "Just for extra insurance..." She mewed thoughtfully, and then slammed her head into a nearby tree trunk. Just hard enough to knock her out. Asterpaw struggled against her sister right before, but everything went dark afterwards. Everything was dark. She couldn't see or hear a thing...and as far as she was concerned, she was asleep. The white she cat sat back and waited for Azulpaw to arrive, as she was sure he would. And then? She would set her plan into action.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 25th, 2017, 10:55 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
"I'll try, but you know... I don't cry that easily. Better make it sad and dramatic, hopefully that'll do the trick," She called to the tom. The she cat laughed quietly to herself-- this was what she had missed. This was what she loved, playing around, just in a friendly manner...nothing too serious. It was all a game. No one was trying to impress. No one was trying to be a hero. And best of all, since there were so many other things going on in her life...no one was serious. Still, terror was playing an active part in her mind as she watched him. What if something did go wrong? What if he fell? If only she were big enough to catch him...but she wasn't. If that happened, she would either risk him landing on top of her-- which, at the impact, would most likely hurt her back or her ribs or something else-- or she would have to watch him break his own spine, or ribs, or whatever he would land on. Unless he landed straight, on all four paws. Now that would be a show worth watching.

"I'm not worried!" She called back in the most careless tone she could manage, although her heart was racing and her mind spinning with the possibilities. Maybe he wouldn't really do it. No one would blame him, least of all her, but...he could let his pride get the better of him. And then she would be truly terrified. Still, one thought in particular kept going through her head...you can do this. Asterpaw believed that he could, but at the same time...doubt played a big part of her fear. Could he? Did he know the risk of injury here, how badly he could really be hurt? She, personally, would have thought about this...and then probably done it anyways. Falling wasn't what scared her, however. Impact was. Every time she did a jump, or anything else, the impact always made her wince-- no matter whether it was large or small.

It was just part of who she was, the same as her sarcasm...the same as her actions...everything. His words made her have a twisted, sick feeling as though she would have liked to throw up. Of course she would have overlooked that little detail. She would have to have kits with him...it was supposed to be a sign of her devotion. She had always looked at it that way, at least. But she didn't want kits. Surely he would respect that. "Don't-- don't talk like that! Of course you're going to make it. I believe in you." Everyone needed a boost of self-confidence once in a while...and Asterpaw was always full of them, it was never hard for her to utter a kind word or smile in the direction of someone who might need it.

But this was different. She was serious. She hadn't really thought of saying anything like that before, because he had always been full of confidence. And pride. More then anything, she'd thought he needed to be taken down a peg or two. But, she supposed everyone needed to be built up as well. A smile crossed her face as she watched him continue onwards... now this was interesting. How far was he going to go? A shadow suddenly came across her features, her hues darkening as she observed the branch. It looked unsteady. Surely he wouldn't try to--

And then the crack came.

Everything seemed to be black and dreary for Asterpaw. Everything was like her worst nightmares had come true, that one crack echoing in her head. "No..." She mumbled, shaking her head. She wanted to scream. But she couldn't. Do something, anything, to help...to get him out of there...Asterpaw was so caught up, she didn't even notice that he was safe and out of danger. Snapping out of it as she heard his voice again, Asterpaw looked up to see him safe on a lower branch. Thank StarClan...she thought, as she managed to regain control of her shaking and her expression relaxed, before she lashed her tail angrily. "It's not funny! Of all the stupid...immature...crazy...insane things to do, that was just-- what did you-- what were you trying to do?" She stammered, unable to finish any of her sentences. Terror was still pretty strong in her expression, and her words, both of which were shaking like a leaf being blown by the wind. She had been terrified. No matter how much she teased him, or was-- selfish....she really did care.

And had she not been worried about what Bluepaw might say, or do...she might have told him so. She watched as he jumped out of the tree-- then tripped over his own paws, which gave her another miniature shock-- and then sighed as he made his way over to her. Thank StarClan he did that without getting seriously injured, she thought for a moment before her hues became serious and somewhat darker as he sat down beside her. His touch-- light though it was-- sent shudders down her spine, making her uncomfortable...this was wrong. But if this is so wrong, then why do I feel-- right? She thought. Completely missing the fact he was joking, and feeling too much fear still inside her to say anything in a kidding manner at all, she closed her eyes for a moment as though trying to center her thoughts before opening them. "No. No, I wouldn't have liked it at all. I thought you actually were going to fall...I thought you were actually going to die. And you scared me! What if you had fallen, what do you think--" She stopped, closing her eyes again.

She was just ranting now, talking on and on...and she needed to stop. She had to stop. "Never mind. It doesn't matter." She clamped her maw shut, knowing that if she continued, he'd probably find something to say. Of course he cared. She knew-- he had told her. Why had he told her? Oh, I remember-- that stupid fight is why. She thought, pinning her ears back. Asterpaw hated fighting with him. Because it was just too real. Even when she had fought with Alabasterpaw, things had only lasted a minute or so-- they were close friends. She just didn't fight with Bluepaw...she kept well away from areas that she knew would irritate him. Except for one...one thing that she couldn't seem to get over. And that was Azulpaw. Did Bluepaw care that much when she was around him? She imagined so, everything from his expression to hurrying her away as quickly as he could.

She flinched when he jumped away from her-- though his expression might remain the same, she knew what he was thinking. What he was feeling. Of course he would do that, he didn't want to be anywhere near her... did he? One moment he did, the next he didn't. And it confused her-- quite a bit, at least. The next thing she knew, he was mumbling something...something odd. What was he talking about? "What?" She asked, half-laughing as she was unsure what it had been. The only words she had caught were 'war' and 'fighting for.' Was that all he had said? Fighting for war, maybe? Who would do that? Everyone fought for peace, not war... at least, that was her opinion. Everyone wanted peace. It was important. For a while they sat there, every once in a while Azulpaw made a remark-- ones that Asterpaw didn't quite understand. But she didn't know what to do. After all, this was her life.

Her life consisted of grabbing calmer moments, other times running around with Bluepaw, constantly doing things or having him touch her, wanting to make contact with her. And Asterpaw was all for contact, just not...so much of it. A touch every here and there was fine, or to let someone know you cared, or...to playact, as she recalled. But this wasn't playacting. And this wasn't just letting her know he cared. This was something...different. Something special, that she could feel. And she didn't know how to feel about it. Most of her life she'd been told how and what to feel, whether or not she was doing it correctly, and other such junk by Alabasterpaw. But Alabasterpaw wasn't here now. So she didn't know what to do, or whether or not she should be here. What if Bluepaw came now? But...let him come. She wasn't doing anything wrong. She didn't actually have feelings for Azulpaw...she just cared, a lot. More then she wanted to admit. Much more then she wanted to admit.

A gentle voice behind her startled her, and she jumped slightly, calming when Bluepaw nuzzled her. It was just Bluepaw. Nothing to worry about. She smiled back at him, but made no move to make new contact with the tom. Perhaps she thought the contact he gave her was enough. She wasn't a needy cat. And yet Bluepaw gave her so much attention, whether he thought she was or not was uncertain, but either way-- she got enough. Too much, really. "Hi, Bluepaw. Good to see you." She mewed in the soft, careful voice that she always used around the tom. It sounded almost fake...but it wasn't. That was just the way she acted, always trying to keep from doing something wrong. Like she was walking on eggshells, or leaves that she didn't want to crush beneath her paws. It was close to impossible-- but doable, just as long as she sacrificed some things as well.

Bluepaw's accusation made her hues flash with anger. That wasn't what had happened! "Actually, that's not tr-" She began, but was cut off by a quick retort from Azulpaw. Were they fighting about her? Oh great StarClan, help me...she thought with a roll of her eyes. This was just getting stupid. It needed to stop, and it needed to stop now. She raised herself up and her eyes got a colder gleam in them at Bluepaw's next words. "I'll decide who I can and cannot trust. I will also decide who to give my friendship to. I care about you-- or I wouldn't be doing this-- but you can't control my entire life. Understood?" She asked, even her voice hard. She was sick and tired of this. Bluepaw was overprotective, and Azulpaw wasn't making matters easier. He was practically asking to get himself hurt. And she didn't want to see that happen. But she couldn't just walk away, or it would happen.

"I'm not addicted to you." She hissed, her eyes narrowing before she turned back to Bluepaw. She didn't want to hurt him. But this was over. If she could get this to end now...everything would be just fine. All she had to do was remain firm, and not freak out, and she would be able to do this perfectly. "Am I not allowed to care? Is that off limits too, now? What's next, my ability to think for myself? To move for myself? Oh, best of all-- what about my ability to speak for myself, or have you taken that away too?" She asked, sarcasm rich in her voice. And then the fight started. She needed to get out of here. To escape. Maybe, just maybe...if she left, then they would stop trying to rip each other to pieces and realize what they were doing. They were best friends! Best friends. And she was causing this. She was making a rift in between them, making it so that they would never be the same. Was it too late to fix this? Was it too late for her to turn around and make this right again, or was it still okay?

She returned afterwards, and to her surprise, saw not Azulpaw but Bluepaw on the ground...winded. "I understand. And...I think you're right. I'm just causing a rift...a rift I don't want to cause." She mewed, glancing back towards Bluepaw before bringing her face closer, half-whispering-- "But next time you're going to do a jump like that, let me know... my loyal servant." She told him teasingly, before he walked past her. Again the coldness, and the chills. Again she felt lower then dirt, and yet at the same time, as though she could fly. Things were really going to be okay. And she didn't feel bad anymore... because now she was sure she had mended the rift.

After quickly checking on Bluepaw and giving him a soft, gentle, caring nudge, she headed off again on her own. A little more time to herself was exactly what she needed-- after all, that was what she had planned in the first place before running into Bluepaw. But now she really needed it. And then someone she had never expected to see again stepped out of the bushes. One of the most terrifying demons from her past, a cat she had hoped to never see again, reapproached her. Blue hues gleamed and sparked like icy flames.

Alabasterpaw.

The demon who haunted her nightmares.

"Remember me...sister?" Alabasterpaw asked, fangs gleaming in a welcoming smile. In the next instant she had pinned Asterpaw down to the ground and was keeping her there, one soft paw on her throat so it would be more difficult for her to call out. And Asterpaw didn't. She kept quiet. "One wrong move, and you're finished." Alabasterpaw growled, before raising her head. Just like Asterpaw, she had a pretty good impression of her sister. And for the previous moon, all she'd been doing was perfecting it. Despite what Bluepaw had said, she had a plan. One that she was sure would guarantee that Azulpaw literally stood there while she killed him. He wouldn't care how painful it was. Because he cared about the she cat she would have trapped. It was either sacrifice himself, or she would sacrifice her sister. Bluffing, of course, but who would know that? No one but her, and hopefully Bluepaw. If he had the intelligence to stay away and keep his maw shut.

"Azulpa-" Alabasterpaw began, and then stopped herself. It was a wonderful impression of her sister, but then she glared down at Asterpaw. "Just for extra insurance..." She mewed thoughtfully, and then slammed her head into a nearby tree trunk. Just hard enough to knock her out. Asterpaw struggled against her sister right before, but everything went dark afterwards. Everything was dark. She couldn't see or hear a thing...and as far as she was concerned, she was asleep. The white she cat sat back and waited for Azulpaw to arrive, as she was sure he would. And then? She would set her plan into action.
‘’...Always have to come and ruin things. Act like we can’t be friends. Controlling her life as if she’s some type of pawn...who does he think he is?’’ Azulpaw snorted, mumbling lowly. He kicked a rock out of his path, his head drooping lowly. He flattened his ears, shaking his head. He was having a good time with Asterpaw! A marvelous time! But his envious brother had to come along...make matters worse. Though the tom was still quite surprised to even pin him down. Where did that strength come from?

Azulpaw didn’t think he would carry the strength such as that. It was fairly new to him, and he silently thanked Starclan that his training was finally caving in. The thought made him happy. In fact, it made him forget the incident that happened a few moments ago.

‘’Silverpaw!’’ The tom yelled, calling the small she-cat that played a large roll in his life since his departure from Bluepaw. Though, her scent was faint, and she was nowhere around. ‘’Silverpaw!’’ He called once more, but doubted he would get an answer. After all, she was most likely with Kestrelpaw or Hawkpaw or Foxpaw or whoever she made as a new friend. Silverpaw was always the friendly she-cat that seemed to make friends wherever she went. He wished he had that talent. To make friends wherever he went. It would be better that way. He hardly knew any enemies of Silverpaw...except one tom who she says been bugging her, but Azulpaw forgot his name. Though he could remember vividly how she scorned him and dubbed him as a jerk. Clearly, she hated him, which was a rare sight. Silverpaw...hating someone? The small she-cat was full of nothing but love...so, her hating someone was a big deal.

‘’I’ll have to talk to that jerk who’s being mean to her. Maybe knock some sense into him,’’ Azulpaw scowled, but he continued on. He didn’t want to leave Asterpaw’s company--especially since things were getting interesting between them. The way she yelled and called out to him...all out of concern? It warmed his heart, honestly. He didn’t think she cared. At all. But the way she ranted at him earlier for falling out the tree...tears were ready to make it down his cheek, just thinking of the thought. And, personally, he was taking a liking to her sarcastic attitude. It sent a thrill through him--

Why, oh why, was he thinking of her now? She was not his to think about. Though his crush was small on her. He refused to even like her anymore than he did now. The tom did not have time for such. She was happy-- at least he hoped. She was with Bluepaw. He knew the tom would take care of her as if she were a delicate butterfly.

Bluepaw shook his head, and he watched Asterpaw bound off, calling to her. ‘’Be careful!’’ He turned his head slightly, a redness of embarrassment clearly displayed on his expression. The way Azulpaw flipped them, changing their position...where did that come from? It never was suppose to happen that way. Never had he wanted to get rid of the grey tom as much as he did now.

‘’Alabasterpaw better know what she’s doing.’’ He says, and sits on his haunches to think for a second. He opened his eyes, recalling what Asterpaw was saying to him. He didn’t want to believe Alabasterpaw saying that Asterpaw only pitied him.

She loved him, right?

She loved him.

She loved him!

He didn’t have to be assured that. He knew it. From the bottom of his heart, he knew that the blue cat loved him as much as he loved her, but her words haunted him..."I'll decide who I can and cannot trust. I will also decide who to give my friendship to. I care about you-- or I wouldn't be doing this-- but you can't control my entire life. Understood?" Was that exactly what he was doing? That didn’t matter. Did she not love him? She wouldn’t be doing it?...what did that mean? She didn’t say she was doing it out of love.

Bluepaw narrowed his eyes. Everything he did for her was out of love...and she only cared? Why didn’t she love him? ‘’What is wrong with me?’’ The tom chuckled as he stood up. ‘’I’m approaching this the wrong way.’’ He had to think of a plan. Something to make Asterpaw really noticed him. Something that makes him stand out. He didn’t want to control her life...he didn’t have to. After all, haven’t her sister, Alli done that for her already?

The tom lashed his tail, and he thought about going after Asterpaw...but maybe she needed to clear her head. And, so did he. The last thing he needed was her on his mind anyway.

Azulpaw sought out a new destination. Far away from everyone. From Bluepaw...from Silverpaw...from Asterpaw. Especially Asterpaw. He promised himself that he wouldn’t dare get attached. He promised himself that he would let her go. Stop her friendship, and live on with his life. He certainly didn’t mind a little catching up--the boring talk.

‘’I really need a new muse.’’ The tom sighed deeply, but what she-cat could fit a description close to the friend he had? The friend he wanted to keep...just with less drama added, or not at all would be better. What female was deemed challenging enough---feisty, sarcastic, fun-loving, any of those?

None crossed mind. Perhaps, Asterpaw was a special cat. ‘’It was a joke, love. Don’t take it too seriously. You’re not a prize to display to everyone you meet, but you are a special cat.’’ Those words he had uttered earlier today never sounded so true until he was thinking about it now. Yet, she didn’t believe she was special either. Such modesty, so much humbleness and less animosity. Seriously, what she-cat could replace her within his life?

Just thinking of the thought, he could hear her voice...calling his name. ‘’Huh?’’ He strained his ears just to be shore, it was her. What happened? Had she ran off from Bluepaw’s clutches? Had she ran because she wanted to be in his company instead? The tom quickly got to his paws and ran back, following her scent. The scent he got himself accustomed to. The fresh scent of pine needles and faint flowers. He ran towards her, thoughts of the feline clouded his mind.

Why had she called him? What had happened while he was away?

‘’Asterpaw!’’ He called. ‘’Sweetheart, answer me!’’ He yowled, hoping to hear her voice again. With his ears tilted forward, he walked at a slower pace. Where could she had been? An eerie feeling had entered into his stomach--the feeling of butterflies. A nervous feeling as he looked around trying to note a blue cat in sight.

In turn, he received nothing, until he saw her unconscious. And, he ran fast; swiftly up to her, sniffing at her pelt. ‘’Ast-’’ Another scent entered his nostrils...and he slowly brought his head up, meeting the blue hues of the devil he never wished to see again. ‘’Alabasterpaw.’’ He snarled, he spat the name out as if it were forbidden. As if it were a poison striking him; killing him. With the simple look she gave him, set him to die early in his years.

The tom looked down at Asterpaw. All her fault. If I did keep my distance, I wouldn’t be in his horrid mess. The tom felt strained; stressed; overwhelm, and with a gentle paw, he delicate cupped Asterpaw’s cheek, leaning down to her. ‘’What have you done to her?’’ He whispered, his voice hoarse. He hoped she was still alive. If she wasn’t, he would be ready to join her. Whether he had the choice or not. Then again, this was Alabasterpaw--the demon he never wanted to see again. Would never give him a choice.

‘’Are you that sick that you done this to your own sister!?’’ He yelled towards her. ‘’The one who cared about you? The one who accepted who you were!’’ He raged. ‘’What are you?...that envious, knowing you won’t ever amount to anything?’’ He tilted his head. He wanted to why. He wanted to understand her reason as to torturing everyone around them.

Where was Bluepaw?

Azulpaw gently hovered about Asterpaw, in a sense to protect her. He growled at Alabasterpaw, wanting her to state her business.

Everything was Asterpaw’s fault.

Yet, he ran to protect her.

He hated the feline.

Yet, he cared deeply for her.

He shouldn’t have come. This is not his battle to fight in.

Yet, she was worth fighting for.

Every reason he tried to come up with conflicted with each other. He wished it wasn't this way. That he felt so attached to the she-cat where she constantly plagued his thoughts, constantly got him hurt, constantly built him up, constantly brought him down. It was like she knew every weakness of his, every strength and bent it to her desire to fit her expectations. Yet, she didn't know any of this. Of how he felt. Surely, he would never tell her. They both had enough drama in their lives. He doubt she would ever feel the same way. She was a devoted she-cat to Bluepaw--giving herself away so young to stop her life of experiencing her taste. Azulpaw never minded being her friend. The thought that scared him was...how long?

He wished he never met her.

Yet, she was the best thing that happened to him in a long time.

Azulpaw gently looked down at her, his heart overcome with pain, and his eyes ready to leak. She looked so weak and fragile. Why hadn’t Bluepaw kept an eye on her? Why was Alabasterpaw back? Did Bluepaw know about this?

‘’...Alabasterpaw I’m not scared. Any longer. In fact, I’m ready to end this hostile war you forced me into...because of her, isn’t it?’’ He stroked the feline’s cheek, tenderly. ‘’So, do what you must, but I will fight back because I have a reason to fight. And, I have a reason to live. Do what you must...but LEAVE Asterpaw out of this. You hear me!?’’ He sneered, jumping swiftly over the blue cat’s body and landing in front of the wicked white feline. He pulled out his claws, digging them in the ground. His gaze upon Alabasterpaw in a haunting manner. She had changed, he’d give her that. Apparently, that’s what being a loner does to you. How she managed to survive, he didn’t know. Nor cared. Though he wished she hadn’t.

Now, he felt a piece of history repeating.
Old March 26th, 2017, 12:46 AM
The Lord Doitsu

My Mood: Thirsty

Cool Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
Cliffheart, as he moved along, discovered it wasn't as hard to keep his pace even with Jigglefoot's. Instead, the ither Warriors short legs, and his recently healed, but twisted law cause then to go nearly the same speed. Although, Cliffheart moved slower than he would have normally, nervous that if he stepped wrong, or tripped, he would rupture his ligament again and be nest bound for several more moons. He couldn't be stuck in a splint, especially not with his kits coming. The kits would need a strong father, one who could actually care for them, not just lay around. But what did he know? He knew nothing about fathers.

Then an idea struck him. He turned his head to fav
De the warrior. "Hey uh Jigglefoot?" He started, trying to sound casual. "Do you, buy any chance have a family? Like kits and whatnot?" He asked, feeling embarrassed that he had asked that. What if it was a touchy, sensitive subject for him? What if that made the warrior become quiet and reserved, thereby loosing trust and a companion to talk to? The numerous self doubts began swirling, yet again.
The short tom looked at the other, and smiled faintly- a small nod as he began to speak. "Ja (yes), I do~ Several beautiful kits and a vonderful (wonderful) mate." he responded, the tip of his tail curling faintly.

"Vhat (what) about you?" Jigglefoot asked, his multi-colored eyes watching the other tom.

I once killed a man in his sleep with his own mustache and a grape. - Germany

Old March 26th, 2017, 01:08 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

‘’...Always have to come and ruin things. Act like we can’t be friends. Controlling her life as if she’s some type of pawn...who does he think he is?’’ Azulpaw snorted, mumbling lowly. He kicked a rock out of his path, his head drooping lowly. He flattened his ears, shaking his head. He was having a good time with Asterpaw! A marvelous time! But his envious brother had to come along...make matters worse. Though the tom was still quite surprised to even pin him down. Where did that strength come from?

Azulpaw didn’t think he would carry the strength such as that. It was fairly new to him, and he silently thanked Starclan that his training was finally caving in. The thought made him happy. In fact, it made him forget the incident that happened a few moments ago.

‘’Silverpaw!’’ The tom yelled, calling the small she-cat that played a large roll in his life since his departure from Bluepaw. Though, her scent was faint, and she was nowhere around. ‘’Silverpaw!’’ He called once more, but doubted he would get an answer. After all, she was most likely with Kestrelpaw or Hawkpaw or Foxpaw or whoever she made as a new friend. Silverpaw was always the friendly she-cat that seemed to make friends wherever she went. He wished he had that talent. To make friends wherever he went. It would be better that way. He hardly knew any enemies of Silverpaw...except one tom who she says been bugging her, but Azulpaw forgot his name. Though he could remember vividly how she scorned him and dubbed him as a jerk. Clearly, she hated him, which was a rare sight. Silverpaw...hating someone? The small she-cat was full of nothing but love...so, her hating someone was a big deal.

‘’I’ll have to talk to that jerk who’s being mean to her. Maybe knock some sense into him,’’ Azulpaw scowled, but he continued on. He didn’t want to leave Asterpaw’s company--especially since things were getting interesting between them. The way she yelled and called out to him...all out of concern? It warmed his heart, honestly. He didn’t think she cared. At all. But the way she ranted at him earlier for falling out the tree...tears were ready to make it down his cheek, just thinking of the thought. And, personally, he was taking a liking to her sarcastic attitude. It sent a thrill through him--

Why, oh why, was he thinking of her now? She was not his to think about. Though his crush was small on her. He refused to even like her anymore than he did now. The tom did not have time for such. She was happy-- at least he hoped. She was with Bluepaw. He knew the tom would take care of her as if she were a delicate butterfly.

Bluepaw shook his head, and he watched Asterpaw bound off, calling to her. ‘’Be careful!’’ He turned his head slightly, a redness of embarrassment clearly displayed on his expression. The way Azulpaw flipped them, changing their position...where did that come from? It never was suppose to happen that way. Never had he wanted to get rid of the grey tom as much as he did now.

‘’Alabasterpaw better know what she’s doing.’’ He says, and sits on his haunches to think for a second. He opened his eyes, recalling what Asterpaw was saying to him. He didn’t want to believe Alabasterpaw saying that Asterpaw only pitied him.

She loved him, right?

She loved him.

She loved him!

He didn’t have to be assured that. He knew it. From the bottom of his heart, he knew that the blue cat loved him as much as he loved her, but her words haunted him..."I'll decide who I can and cannot trust. I will also decide who to give my friendship to. I care about you-- or I wouldn't be doing this-- but you can't control my entire life. Understood?" Was that exactly what he was doing? That didn’t matter. Did she not love him? She wouldn’t be doing it?...what did that mean? She didn’t say she was doing it out of love.

Bluepaw narrowed his eyes. Everything he did for her was out of love...and she only cared? Why didn’t she love him? ‘’What is wrong with me?’’ The tom chuckled as he stood up. ‘’I’m approaching this the wrong way.’’ He had to think of a plan. Something to make Asterpaw really noticed him. Something that makes him stand out. He didn’t want to control her life...he didn’t have to. After all, haven’t her sister, Alli done that for her already?

The tom lashed his tail, and he thought about going after Asterpaw...but maybe she needed to clear her head. And, so did he. The last thing he needed was her on his mind anyway.

Azulpaw sought out a new destination. Far away from everyone. From Bluepaw...from Silverpaw...from Asterpaw. Especially Asterpaw. He promised himself that he wouldn’t dare get attached. He promised himself that he would let her go. Stop her friendship, and live on with his life. He certainly didn’t mind a little catching up--the boring talk.

‘’I really need a new muse.’’ The tom sighed deeply, but what she-cat could fit a description close to the friend he had? The friend he wanted to keep...just with less drama added, or not at all would be better. What female was deemed challenging enough---feisty, sarcastic, fun-loving, any of those?

None crossed mind. Perhaps, Asterpaw was a special cat. ‘’It was a joke, love. Don’t take it too seriously. You’re not a prize to display to everyone you meet, but you are a special cat.’’ Those words he had uttered earlier today never sounded so true until he was thinking about it now. Yet, she didn’t believe she was special either. Such modesty, so much humbleness and less animosity. Seriously, what she-cat could replace her within his life?

Just thinking of the thought, he could hear her voice...calling his name. ‘’Huh?’’ He strained his ears just to be shore, it was her. What happened? Had she ran off from Bluepaw’s clutches? Had she ran because she wanted to be in his company instead? The tom quickly got to his paws and ran back, following her scent. The scent he got himself accustomed to. The fresh scent of pine needles and faint flowers. He ran towards her, thoughts of the feline clouded his mind.

Why had she called him? What had happened while he was away?

‘’Asterpaw!’’ He called. ‘’Sweetheart, answer me!’’ He yowled, hoping to hear her voice again. With his ears tilted forward, he walked at a slower pace. Where could she had been? An eerie feeling had entered into his stomach--the feeling of butterflies. A nervous feeling as he looked around trying to note a blue cat in sight.

In turn, he received nothing, until he saw her unconscious. And, he ran fast; swiftly up to her, sniffing at her pelt. ‘’Ast-’’ Another scent entered his nostrils...and he slowly brought his head up, meeting the blue hues of the devil he never wished to see again. ‘’Alabasterpaw.’’ He snarled, he spat the name out as if it were forbidden. As if it were a poison striking him; killing him. With the simple look she gave him, set him to die early in his years.

The tom looked down at Asterpaw. All her fault. If I did keep my distance, I wouldn’t be in his horrid mess. The tom felt strained; stressed; overwhelm, and with a gentle paw, he delicate cupped Asterpaw’s cheek, leaning down to her. ‘’What have you done to her?’’ He whispered, his voice hoarse. He hoped she was still alive. If she wasn’t, he would be ready to join her. Whether he had the choice or not. Then again, this was Alabasterpaw--the demon he never wanted to see again. Would never give him a choice.

‘’Are you that sick that you done this to your own sister!?’’ He yelled towards her. ‘’The one who cared about you? The one who accepted who you were!’’ He raged. ‘’What are you?...that envious, knowing you won’t ever amount to anything?’’ He tilted his head. He wanted to why. He wanted to understand her reason as to torturing everyone around them.

Where was Bluepaw?

Azulpaw gently hovered about Asterpaw, in a sense to protect her. He growled at Alabasterpaw, wanting her to state her business.

Everything was Asterpaw’s fault.

Yet, he ran to protect her.

He hated the feline.

Yet, he cared deeply for her.

He shouldn’t have come. This is not his battle to fight in.

Yet, she was worth fighting for.

Every reason he tried to come up with conflicted with each other. He wished it wasn't this way. That he felt so attached to the she-cat where she constantly plagued his thoughts, constantly got him hurt, constantly built him up, constantly brought him down. It was like she knew every weakness of his, every strength and bent it to her desire to fit her expectations. Yet, she didn't know any of this. Of how he felt. Surely, he would never tell her. They both had enough drama in their lives. He doubt she would ever feel the same way. She was a devoted she-cat to Bluepaw--giving herself away so young to stop her life of experiencing her taste. Azulpaw never minded being her friend. The thought that scared him was...how long?

He wished he never met her.

Yet, she was the best thing that happened to him in a long time.

Azulpaw gently looked down at her, his heart overcome with pain, and his eyes ready to leak. She looked so weak and fragile. Why hadn’t Bluepaw kept an eye on her? Why was Alabasterpaw back? Did Bluepaw know about this?

‘’...Alabasterpaw I’m not scared. Any longer. In fact, I’m ready to end this hostile war you forced me into...because of her, isn’t it?’’ He stroked the feline’s cheek, tenderly. ‘’So, do what you must, but I will fight back because I have a reason to fight. And, I have a reason to live. Do what you must...but LEAVE Asterpaw out of this. You hear me!?’’ He sneered, jumping swiftly over the blue cat’s body and landing in front of the wicked white feline. He pulled out his claws, digging them in the ground. His gaze upon Alabasterpaw in a haunting manner. She had changed, he’d give her that. Apparently, that’s what being a loner does to you. How she managed to survive, he didn’t know. Nor cared. Though he wished she hadn’t.

Now, he felt a piece of history repeating.

The darkness was still completely enveloping Asterpaw. But she could hear-- she just couldn't...or wouldn't...open her eyes. What's happening? She thought, and then she felt a touch. A soft touch. Gentle. And then a familiar voice...Azulpaw. He came? The she cat wondered, struggling to open her eyes. They felt so heavy. And she was exhausted...like she'd been sleeping for moons, but she wanted to rest more. I need...to...wake up...she thought. She was aware of Azulpaw and her sister speaking, though about what, she couldn't quite tell. All Asterpaw wanted was for this to be over. How could she have caused this? There was no way. No cat cared about another that much-- did they? Love. This was all love. Everything, all of it, and she didn't know what to do. Her sister loved her...at least, she said she did.

Bluepaw loved her...at least, he said he did. And Azulpaw had never made that claim. So did he? She couldn't know. She was scared, and half-ready to die. What if she did go to StarClan? Would that be so horrible? They would all survive without her-- Bluepaw would move on, her sister would probably find new victims, and Azulpaw had other friends. They could all live without her. But she wasn't ready to die. Not fully, anyways. She wanted to live, she wanted to...survive. That was it.

The white she cat smiled, her fangs showing in a somewhat agreeable one. "My, my, my...quite the little hero, aren't you? Think you're going to be her guardian angel? Think you're saving her from me? The other way around, I believe. Oh, and relax-- she's not hurt. Just knocked out." Alabasterpaw shrugged, keeping her claws sheathed. She watched him carefully, eyeing his movements. Her sister needed to stay away. Maybe she had this backwards. Maybe it was Asterpaw she should be threatening, torturing instead. At least her sister wouldn't fight back. At least her sister would succumb to her will like a tree bending. At least Asterpaw was fun-- she had allowed Alabasterpaw to knock her out without a fight. Was it because she expected someone to come fight all her battles for her? Weak. She thought with a snort, her tail twitching. "Take it easy," Alabasterpaw purred, almost amused by his words.

"For your information, I am not 'that sick.' Or envious. She's had that coming for almost nine moons now. Don't you think she deserves that after nine moons?" The she cat asked, cocking her head to the side. She didn't really care about his input. But she was curious anyways...after all, whatever the tom had to say must be interesting. Of course the white she cat wouldn't be taking it into account when she dealt with him and her beloved sister...she would fix this once and for all. If Asterpaw was threatened, if the tables were turned-- then what would happen? This was her plan. She just needed to wait for him to get out of the way. And then she could finish this...no one would ever hear Azulpaw's voice again, except in their dreams. And Asterpaw? Well, maybe the white feline would find a way to deal with her sister later.

They both deserved to die.

Asterpaw's hues flickered open, a new light in them like she was seeing the world for the first time. Like she had just done something incredible, something others could only dream of doing. "Azulpaw?" She asked in a voice barely above a whisper, struggling to lift her head. It felt as though she really had been run over by a monster. Uncomfortable too, like there was some sort of weight on it. "What are you...doing here..." She asked, a shudder going through her body. She hated feeling like this. Like she was lost and like she was relying on him to help her. She didn't need it. Or want it. And yet here she was, helpless, and he was-- protecting her? Yes. Protecting her. From her own sister, something she'd never seen coming. What was going on to make Alabasterpaw act this way?

This horrible, awful way. "Please...you have to go...we're family, she wouldn't-- she wouldn't hurt me. You're in a lot of danger." Asterpaw's voice was calm and level, barely showing the worry and fear that she felt. Maybe it was the fact she had just woken up. Her emotions were still working their way back to her brain. Then she would be able to make her familiar more sarcastic remarks, acting as though she just didn't care. That's what Asterpaw needed. She needed to act like she didn't care. But she couldn't. She didn't know what to do, but she had to stop this. No matter what, this needed to end. Her sister used to be her everything. But now? She barely knew the manic demon before her. The cat who had knocked her out. The cat who was going to kill her new friend.

And for what? She didn't know. Azulpaw's words sent more chills down her spine-- but she didn't resist him touching her. Maybe she was too tired. Or maybe...she didn't mind. "Please...Alli's got some sort of a plan, she always does...you can't fight her, you'll die." She whispered, tears gathing in her hues. He couldn't die. She wouldn't be able to stand it. Her fault. All her fault. What had she done wrong, though? What had done to make Alabasterpaw so angry that she would do this? What had she done to make Azulpaw protect her, what had she done to make Bluepaw love her? Why was this all her fault? Why didn't I just leave this alone. But no-- I couldn't. She thought angrily, her eyes narrowing. And now something bad was going to happen. She knew it. There was a reason she was here...what, did Alabasterpaw just want her to watch? Want her to watch him suffering, want her to watch him di-- no. He couldn't die. He just couldn't, she wouldn't be able to deal with it.

"Ooh, very inspirational speech. You're good at that! Anyways, did I forget to mention one small...tiny... but very significant little detail?" She pretended to think for a moment, and then her hues lit up evilly, light shimmering in them like tiny flames. "Oh yeah." She purred, bounding back over to her sister, weaving around Azulpaw and placing one paw on Asterpaw's throat. "Sheathe your claws and get on the ground." She snapped, her own claws hovering right above the she cat's throat. One movement would be all it took. And if she needed it not to be a bluff? So be it. But she was hoping it wouldn't come to that, hoping Azulpaw was smart enough to see that. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. It would be much more fascinating if he was, though.

"You see, what I forgot to mention is...you can't fight me. Well, technically you could, but every one of my claws right now is on her throat. One wrong move-- they're all sending her straight to StarClan. Or the Dark Forest, who knows with Asterpaw? So you've proven you'll fight for her...big deal, those are just words, and actions any cat would carry out. Here's my real question-- would you die for her?" Alabasterpaw asked, cocking her head to the side. She sincerely doubted it. He wouldn't die for Asterpaw. Fighting for someone was one thing. But actually dying for them-- letting yourself be killed-- was another. She'd have an excuse to get rid of them both.

The blue she cat struggled to move out of the way before Alabasterpaw could catch her, but she was too weak. Stupid-- clumsy-- worthless-- she thought angrily, but didn't move. She wasn't ready to die. But, after hearing Alabasterpaw's terms, her hues grew wide. "No! Don't do it, please, don't, you can't...I don't want to watch you die. Just get out of here...don't look back, don't think about me, just get out of here! I can't lose you. I can't. She'll make you su-suffer and th-then she'll kill you..." Asterpaw's voice trailed off and she felt something wet begin to trickle down her cheeks. She was crying. The last time she had cried had been a moon ago. And now she was doing it again, out of pure terror...out of worry...she felt Alabasterpaw's claws pierce through her fur, but lightly. Like she wasn't really serious. They didn't even cut through her skin.

"Shut up." The she cat ordered, stabbing her claws lightly into Asterpaw. When she got no reaction, she pushed down a little deeper. The blue cat gave a slight whimper, squirming to free herself-- and then realized that that was only pushing Asterpaw's claws further in. "I'm not bluffing." She snapped, taking her claws out and examining them. She pinned her sister's head to the ground, one paw directly on top to keep her still and quiet, and another on her throat, claws sheathed, but putting the slightest bit of uncomfortable pressure to keep her still. "Well? What's it going to be, darling? Your life...or hers?" She asked, cocking her head to one side.

"Mine." Asterpaw mewed confidently, trying to look at her sister. This was partly her say, wasn't it? After all, she was one of the lives to be taken. "I caused this. So if I die, there's no reason to fight." She added. I caused this. Of course she had caused this. All she could do was mess up, and now her sister was threatening to take someone's life. Had she not felt so weak and helpless, she might have tried to get out from under Alabasterpaw. But her agility and speed wouldn't save her now, and she didn't see a way out even with her intelligence. "But you have to let him go. You have to promise me you won't ever bother Azulpaw again." She added in a sterner voice, glancing up at the she cat. She really believed she was going to die. What reason did Alabasterpaw have to take Azulpaw's life if the problem was taken out at the root? That was perfect.

And she could watch over them all from StarClan. None of this would happen. "It's okay. I'm choosing to do this. My turn to protect you now, huh?" Asterpaw asked, aiming a quick smile over in the tom's direction. She knew nothing would interfere with this. If this was how it was meant to end, then so be it. Thank goodness Alabasterpaw would be more merciful to her then she had been to the tom. Because they were family. And even if Alabasterpaw never cared about Asterpaw, and never would-- Asterpaw would always care for her sister. She would always love her sister. No matter what happened between the two.

"Come to my funeral?" She asked in a more quiet voice, directing the question towards Azulpaw.

Old March 26th, 2017, 02:07 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:

The darkness was still completely enveloping Asterpaw. But she could hear-- she just couldn't...or wouldn't...open her eyes. What's happening? She thought, and then she felt a touch. A soft touch. Gentle. And then a familiar voice...Azulpaw. He came? The she cat wondered, struggling to open her eyes. They felt so heavy. And she was exhausted...like she'd been sleeping for moons, but she wanted to rest more. I need...to...wake up...she thought. She was aware of Azulpaw and her sister speaking, though about what, she couldn't quite tell. All Asterpaw wanted was for this to be over. How could she have caused this? There was no way. No cat cared about another that much-- did they? Love. This was all love. Everything, all of it, and she didn't know what to do. Her sister loved her...at least, she said she did.

Bluepaw loved her...at least, he said he did. And Azulpaw had never made that claim. So did he? She couldn't know. She was scared, and half-ready to die. What if she did go to StarClan? Would that be so horrible? They would all survive without her-- Bluepaw would move on, her sister would probably find new victims, and Azulpaw had other friends. They could all live without her. But she wasn't ready to die. Not fully, anyways. She wanted to live, she wanted to...survive. That was it.

The white she cat smiled, her fangs showing in a somewhat agreeable one. "My, my, my...quite the little hero, aren't you? Think you're going to be her guardian angel? Think you're saving her from me? The other way around, I believe. Oh, and relax-- she's not hurt. Just knocked out." Alabasterpaw shrugged, keeping her claws sheathed. She watched him carefully, eyeing his movements. Her sister needed to stay away. Maybe she had this backwards. Maybe it was Asterpaw she should be threatening, torturing instead. At least her sister wouldn't fight back. At least her sister would succumb to her will like a tree bending. At least Asterpaw was fun-- she had allowed Alabasterpaw to knock her out without a fight. Was it because she expected someone to come fight all her battles for her? Weak. She thought with a snort, her tail twitching. "Take it easy," Alabasterpaw purred, almost amused by his words.

"For your information, I am not 'that sick.' Or envious. She's had that coming for almost nine moons now. Don't you think she deserves that after nine moons?" The she cat asked, cocking her head to the side. She didn't really care about his input. But she was curious anyways...after all, whatever the tom had to say must be interesting. Of course the white she cat wouldn't be taking it into account when she dealt with him and her beloved sister...she would fix this once and for all. If Asterpaw was threatened, if the tables were turned-- then what would happen? This was her plan. She just needed to wait for him to get out of the way. And then she could finish this...no one would ever hear Azulpaw's voice again, except in their dreams. And Asterpaw? Well, maybe the white feline would find a way to deal with her sister later.

They both deserved to die.

Asterpaw's hues flickered open, a new light in them like she was seeing the world for the first time. Like she had just done something incredible, something others could only dream of doing. "Azulpaw?" She asked in a voice barely above a whisper, struggling to lift her head. It felt as though she really had been run over by a monster. Uncomfortable too, like there was some sort of weight on it. "What are you...doing here..." She asked, a shudder going through her body. She hated feeling like this. Like she was lost and like she was relying on him to help her. She didn't need it. Or want it. And yet here she was, helpless, and he was-- protecting her? Yes. Protecting her. From her own sister, something she'd never seen coming. What was going on to make Alabasterpaw act this way?

This horrible, awful way. "Please...you have to go...we're family, she wouldn't-- she wouldn't hurt me. You're in a lot of danger." Asterpaw's voice was calm and level, barely showing the worry and fear that she felt. Maybe it was the fact she had just woken up. Her emotions were still working their way back to her brain. Then she would be able to make her familiar more sarcastic remarks, acting as though she just didn't care. That's what Asterpaw needed. She needed to act like she didn't care. But she couldn't. She didn't know what to do, but she had to stop this. No matter what, this needed to end. Her sister used to be her everything. But now? She barely knew the manic demon before her. The cat who had knocked her out. The cat who was going to kill her new friend.

And for what? She didn't know. Azulpaw's words sent more chills down her spine-- but she didn't resist him touching her. Maybe she was too tired. Or maybe...she didn't mind. "Please...Alli's got some sort of a plan, she always does...you can't fight her, you'll die." She whispered, tears gathing in her hues. He couldn't die. She wouldn't be able to stand it. Her fault. All her fault. What had she done wrong, though? What had done to make Alabasterpaw so angry that she would do this? What had she done to make Azulpaw protect her, what had she done to make Bluepaw love her? Why was this all her fault? Why didn't I just leave this alone. But no-- I couldn't. She thought angrily, her eyes narrowing. And now something bad was going to happen. She knew it. There was a reason she was here...what, did Alabasterpaw just want her to watch? Want her to watch him suffering, want her to watch him di-- no. He couldn't die. He just couldn't, she wouldn't be able to deal with it.

"Ooh, very inspirational speech. You're good at that! Anyways, did I forget to mention one small...tiny... but very significant little detail?" She pretended to think for a moment, and then her hues lit up evilly, light shimmering in them like tiny flames. "Oh yeah." She purred, bounding back over to her sister, weaving around Azulpaw and placing one paw on Asterpaw's throat. "Sheathe your claws and get on the ground." She snapped, her own claws hovering right above the she cat's throat. One movement would be all it took. And if she needed it not to be a bluff? So be it. But she was hoping it wouldn't come to that, hoping Azulpaw was smart enough to see that. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. It would be much more fascinating if he was, though.

"You see, what I forgot to mention is...you can't fight me. Well, technically you could, but every one of my claws right now is on her throat. One wrong move-- they're all sending her straight to StarClan. Or the Dark Forest, who knows with Asterpaw? So you've proven you'll fight for her...big deal, those are just words, and actions any cat would carry out. Here's my real question-- would you die for her?" Alabasterpaw asked, cocking her head to the side. She sincerely doubted it. He wouldn't die for Asterpaw. Fighting for someone was one thing. But actually dying for them-- letting yourself be killed-- was another. She'd have an excuse to get rid of them both.

The blue she cat struggled to move out of the way before Alabasterpaw could catch her, but she was too weak. Stupid-- clumsy-- worthless-- she thought angrily, but didn't move. She wasn't ready to die. But, after hearing Alabasterpaw's terms, her hues grew wide. "No! Don't do it, please, don't, you can't...I don't want to watch you die. Just get out of here...don't look back, don't think about me, just get out of here! I can't lose you. I can't. She'll make you su-suffer and th-then she'll kill you..." Asterpaw's voice trailed off and she felt something wet begin to trickle down her cheeks. She was crying. The last time she had cried had been a moon ago. And now she was doing it again, out of pure terror...out of worry...she felt Alabasterpaw's claws pierce through her fur, but lightly. Like she wasn't really serious. They didn't even cut through her skin.

"Shut up." The she cat ordered, stabbing her claws lightly into Asterpaw. When she got no reaction, she pushed down a little deeper. The blue cat gave a slight whimper, squirming to free herself-- and then realized that that was only pushing Asterpaw's claws further in. "I'm not bluffing." She snapped, taking her claws out and examining them. She pinned her sister's head to the ground, one paw directly on top to keep her still and quiet, and another on her throat, claws sheathed, but putting the slightest bit of uncomfortable pressure to keep her still. "Well? What's it going to be, darling? Your life...or hers?" She asked, cocking her head to one side.

"Mine." Asterpaw mewed confidently, trying to look at her sister. This was partly her say, wasn't it? After all, she was one of the lives to be taken. "I caused this. So if I die, there's no reason to fight." She added. I caused this. Of course she had caused this. All she could do was mess up, and now her sister was threatening to take someone's life. Had she not felt so weak and helpless, she might have tried to get out from under Alabasterpaw. But her agility and speed wouldn't save her now, and she didn't see a way out even with her intelligence. "But you have to let him go. You have to promise me you won't ever bother Azulpaw again." She added in a sterner voice, glancing up at the she cat. She really believed she was going to die. What reason did Alabasterpaw have to take Azulpaw's life if the problem was taken out at the root? That was perfect.

And she could watch over them all from StarClan. None of this would happen. "It's okay. I'm choosing to do this. My turn to protect you now, huh?" Asterpaw asked, aiming a quick smile over in the tom's direction. She knew nothing would interfere with this. If this was how it was meant to end, then so be it. Thank goodness Alabasterpaw would be more merciful to her then she had been to the tom. Because they were family. And even if Alabasterpaw never cared about Asterpaw, and never would-- Asterpaw would always care for her sister. She would always love her sister. No matter what happened between the two.

"Come to my funeral?" She asked in a more quiet voice, directing the question towards Azulpaw.
Azulpaw looked away slightly, a tear coming down his maw. He sniffled a few times before he turned around fully. His eyes were doey and glistening of fresh tears. He didn’t care that anyone looked at him. Seen him in his state. To him, it would be the last state he lived in. As he listened to Alabasterpaw, he couldn’t help, but do as he was told. The sadistic feline seemed to take her word seriously, and he didn’t want Asterpaw to get hurt from it. No matter how many times Asterpaw wanted him to leave...to go...he couldn’t. The tom sheathed his claws slowly, and got onto the ground, his stomach pressed against the cold flooring. He looked towards Asterpaw, shaking his head. ‘’You must really think I’m stupid enough to let your own sister kill you.’’ His voice was deep, cracking and given up on hope. He then slithered his eyes to the snake with blue hues. ‘’Sure, I’ll die for her. And, I’m sure that I would do it over and over and over again if I have to. You can’t kill her though. I won’t allow you to.’’ He said, his voice whispering lowly, and he lowered his head once more, feeling the wetness of his tears surround him.

The tom would had told her everything. He would had poured his feelings out there; here and now, but only he was afraid. He was afraid of what she might think, even in their current predicament. He was afraid of the rejection, of the carelessness towards his emotions. He didn’t want to go through death and heartbreak at the same time. Yet, it already felt as if he were.

‘’And, if you seriously think killing me will bring your heart joy, you’re seriously messed up. I’m an ordinary cat...how will I ever bring joy into your life?’’ He sneered at her, angrily. ‘’In fact, since I am laying on my death nest, let me let you on something you psychotic demon!’’ He stood up once more, his fur bristling as he continued, ‘’I hope that wherever you go, I haunt you and make your life a living dark forest misfortune. I hope you wake up regretting the things you’ve done in the past, and I truly hope you never find happiness. In fact, I hope you become overwhelmed by emotion, and jump off a ledge. You’re not even that pretty you sly demon! You never were! You are obnoxious, you’re evil, you’re bratty...and one day...just one day, you will be stopped. Even though I won’t be here to see the day,’’ His voice was soft, and he looked down at Asterpaw giving her a gentle look. When she had awoke, she had surprised him, astounded him. His heart soared knowing she was alive and well. The tom bent down and nosed her cheek, gently. His nose may have been wet, having a tear hit it, but he rubbed himself against her, wanting her to be the only scent he took with him to the afterlife. The tom gently brought his head back up, ‘’Come to your funeral? Nah, it might be boring. But mines? It’s going to be life of the party.’’ Such an inappropriate joke at the right time. But, it was something he had to do. Something to lighten up a situation...that could not be lightened up. ‘’Besides, you have so much to live for. You have places to go and cats to love on. No matter how much you think it’s untrue, someone will need you. You’ll always be wanted, and even when I’m gone, I’ll watch over you, and move mountains that will be in your way. I will never allow anything or anyone to hurt you...I promise.’’ A few tears hit the ground, but he brought himself away from the blue cat to lay back down.

Perhaps there was a way to get him out this situation. Them both. If he played his cards right, he would be able to throw the white feline off of him, hit her into a nearby tree or something before she could deliver the final blow. He could switch the positions just as he done with Bluepaw, and escape with Asterpaw where it would be safe. He truly doubted she would go along with him. Azulpaw knew he had enough-- and although he didn’t fear Alabasterpaw as much as he did in the past, he had enough of her drama. She needed to be end. The dark forest was where she stood. It was like her true home. Couldn’t she hear it calling her name? Azulpaw knew he would need to leave. For good. Probably become a rogue or something until everything died down. He couldn’t stay within Skyclan knowing that the beast was waiting to devour him.

But, that was only if he got out alive. Which he hoped he did. But, even if he didn’t. At least, he died for a reason that he wouldn’t regret. ‘’Asterpaw...you’re job is not to protect me.’’ He told the blue she-cat. ‘’Your job,’’ he smirked, although it was sad and wavering, ‘’your job is to not worry about me. Ever. After all, it’ll be one less cat you need to worry about.’’ He gulped, sighing deeply.

‘’Would Bluepaw do the same though? Die for you?’’ He asked. Though for a completely wrong time. But what time could be better if he was running out of it? Time used to be so precious to him...but now it seemed that it didn’t matter anymore. Nothing ever mattered but this last moment he was sharing with Asterpaw. Though he wished Alabasterpaw would leave somewhere...perhaps jump off a cliff or drown in a lake. That would make his day--and life worthwhile.

‘’But, hey, your sister’s right.’’ He gagged. Saying that sentence surely would had killed him anyway. ‘’Dying for someone means you love them. At least you know that you are very much loved.’’ The tom said, albeit quietly, and he wondered if she heard him. As he got his feelings off his chest, he stared up at Alabasterpaw hoping she was ready to strike.

‘’I only have one request.’’ He says, his eyes deadpanned on the white demon in front of him. He then slithered his eyes towards Asterpaw gently touching her face with his paw with as much tenderness as he could muster. She was still so fragile to him. She was broken, and he would never be able to fix her. He doubt Bluepaw will ever, but he meant the words he said. Every last one of them. Not his forte to be such a sweet cat, but in times like these...he didn’t have a choice.

‘’I don’t want her seeing this…’’He finishes, and pulled his paw away. ‘’I don’t want the last thing she see is my dead body. If I had the power---I wouldn’t want her to remember it, so can you at least grant that for me Alabasterpaw? Or is that too much to ask for?’’ The tom says, waiting for her answer. He could tell that Asterpaw didn’t like the thought of death or blood, so why would he allow Alabasterpaw to keep her around? The fact that she was setting an example for her sister anyway was bad enough, and it made his heart tug. Asterpaw deserved a better sister. She deserved a better life. And, Alabasterpaw deserved...well...nothing.

Once more the tom approached Asterpaw, leaning down to her. ‘’Remember that you are beautiful no matter what you think. You are amazing; stunning; marvelous; gorgeous, every sort of colorful nature there is in this world. And, you’re self worth reaches above expectations. It will never be less than Alli’s.’’ He gave a hint of a smile and winked her way. It was the last thing he wanted to say to her, and it was the last thing he wanted her to soak in before he laid back on his paws obediently, his life touching at the cold ground. Soon, it will be taken in a warmer place where he’ll be greeted by smiles, and he’ll carry out his promise to look over the blue cat for the rest of his eternal life. Not only her, but Silverpaw, Kestrelpaw, Hawkpaw, Coconutpaw, all of his friends that he cherished and love.

But, especially Asterpaw.

His new friend, but unofficial best friend.

Before he could feel the strike, he silently prayed, Oh, Starclan if you hear me now...please keep both of us safe. Asterpaw mainly, but if not me, please welcome me with open paws, and allow me to look after her and keep her safe. She’s a top priority, and I don’t want anything to happen to her. Oh, great starclan, I’m asking for a...miracle.
Old March 26th, 2017, 04:12 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:

Azulpaw looked away slightly, a tear coming down his maw. He sniffled a few times before he turned around fully. His eyes were doey and glistening of fresh tears. He didn’t care that anyone looked at him. Seen him in his state. To him, it would be the last state he lived in. As he listened to Alabasterpaw, he couldn’t help, but do as he was told. The sadistic feline seemed to take her word seriously, and he didn’t want Asterpaw to get hurt from it. No matter how many times Asterpaw wanted him to leave...to go...he couldn’t. The tom sheathed his claws slowly, and got onto the ground, his stomach pressed against the cold flooring. He looked towards Asterpaw, shaking his head. ‘’You must really think I’m stupid enough to let your own sister kill you.’’ His voice was deep, cracking and given up on hope. He then slithered his eyes to the snake with blue hues. ‘’Sure, I’ll die for her. And, I’m sure that I would do it over and over and over again if I have to. You can’t kill her though. I won’t allow you to.’’ He said, his voice whispering lowly, and he lowered his head once more, feeling the wetness of his tears surround him.

The tom would had told her everything. He would had poured his feelings out there; here and now, but only he was afraid. He was afraid of what she might think, even in their current predicament. He was afraid of the rejection, of the carelessness towards his emotions. He didn’t want to go through death and heartbreak at the same time. Yet, it already felt as if he were.

‘’And, if you seriously think killing me will bring your heart joy, you’re seriously messed up. I’m an ordinary cat...how will I ever bring joy into your life?’’ He sneered at her, angrily. ‘’In fact, since I am laying on my death nest, let me let you on something you psychotic demon!’’ He stood up once more, his fur bristling as he continued, ‘’I hope that wherever you go, I haunt you and make your life a living dark forest misfortune. I hope you wake up regretting the things you’ve done in the past, and I truly hope you never find happiness. In fact, I hope you become overwhelmed by emotion, and jump off a ledge. You’re not even that pretty you sly demon! You never were! You are obnoxious, you’re evil, you’re bratty...and one day...just one day, you will be stopped. Even though I won’t be here to see the day,’’ His voice was soft, and he looked down at Asterpaw giving her a gentle look. When she had awoke, she had surprised him, astounded him. His heart soared knowing she was alive and well. The tom bent down and nosed her cheek, gently. His nose may have been wet, having a tear hit it, but he rubbed himself against her, wanting her to be the only scent he took with him to the afterlife. The tom gently brought his head back up, ‘’Come to your funeral? Nah, it might be boring. But mines? It’s going to be life of the party.’’ Such an inappropriate joke at the right time. But, it was something he had to do. Something to lighten up a situation...that could not be lightened up. ‘’Besides, you have so much to live for. You have places to go and cats to love on. No matter how much you think it’s untrue, someone will need you. You’ll always be wanted, and even when I’m gone, I’ll watch over you, and move mountains that will be in your way. I will never allow anything or anyone to hurt you...I promise.’’ A few tears hit the ground, but he brought himself away from the blue cat to lay back down.

Perhaps there was a way to get him out this situation. Them both. If he played his cards right, he would be able to throw the white feline off of him, hit her into a nearby tree or something before she could deliver the final blow. He could switch the positions just as he done with Bluepaw, and escape with Asterpaw where it would be safe. He truly doubted she would go along with him. Azulpaw knew he had enough-- and although he didn’t fear Alabasterpaw as much as he did in the past, he had enough of her drama. She needed to be end. The dark forest was where she stood. It was like her true home. Couldn’t she hear it calling her name? Azulpaw knew he would need to leave. For good. Probably become a rogue or something until everything died down. He couldn’t stay within Skyclan knowing that the beast was waiting to devour him.

But, that was only if he got out alive. Which he hoped he did. But, even if he didn’t. At least, he died for a reason that he wouldn’t regret. ‘’Asterpaw...you’re job is not to protect me.’’ He told the blue she-cat. ‘’Your job,’’ he smirked, although it was sad and wavering, ‘’your job is to not worry about me. Ever. After all, it’ll be one less cat you need to worry about.’’ He gulped, sighing deeply.

‘’Would Bluepaw do the same though? Die for you?’’ He asked. Though for a completely wrong time. But what time could be better if he was running out of it? Time used to be so precious to him...but now it seemed that it didn’t matter anymore. Nothing ever mattered but this last moment he was sharing with Asterpaw. Though he wished Alabasterpaw would leave somewhere...perhaps jump off a cliff or drown in a lake. That would make his day--and life worthwhile.

‘’But, hey, your sister’s right.’’ He gagged. Saying that sentence surely would had killed him anyway. ‘’Dying for someone means you love them. At least you know that you are very much loved.’’ The tom said, albeit quietly, and he wondered if she heard him. As he got his feelings off his chest, he stared up at Alabasterpaw hoping she was ready to strike.

‘’I only have one request.’’ He says, his eyes deadpanned on the white demon in front of him. He then slithered his eyes towards Asterpaw gently touching her face with his paw with as much tenderness as he could muster. She was still so fragile to him. She was broken, and he would never be able to fix her. He doubt Bluepaw will ever, but he meant the words he said. Every last one of them. Not his forte to be such a sweet cat, but in times like these...he didn’t have a choice.

‘’I don’t want her seeing this…’’He finishes, and pulled his paw away. ‘’I don’t want the last thing she see is my dead body. If I had the power---I wouldn’t want her to remember it, so can you at least grant that for me Alabasterpaw? Or is that too much to ask for?’’ The tom says, waiting for her answer. He could tell that Asterpaw didn’t like the thought of death or blood, so why would he allow Alabasterpaw to keep her around? The fact that she was setting an example for her sister anyway was bad enough, and it made his heart tug. Asterpaw deserved a better sister. She deserved a better life. And, Alabasterpaw deserved...well...nothing.

Once more the tom approached Asterpaw, leaning down to her. ‘’Remember that you are beautiful no matter what you think. You are amazing; stunning; marvelous; gorgeous, every sort of colorful nature there is in this world. And, you’re self worth reaches above expectations. It will never be less than Alli’s.’’ He gave a hint of a smile and winked her way. It was the last thing he wanted to say to her, and it was the last thing he wanted her to soak in before he laid back on his paws obediently, his life touching at the cold ground. Soon, it will be taken in a warmer place where he’ll be greeted by smiles, and he’ll carry out his promise to look over the blue cat for the rest of his eternal life. Not only her, but Silverpaw, Kestrelpaw, Hawkpaw, Coconutpaw, all of his friends that he cherished and love.

But, especially Asterpaw.

His new friend, but unofficial best friend.

Before he could feel the strike, he silently prayed, Oh, Starclan if you hear me now...please keep both of us safe. Asterpaw mainly, but if not me, please welcome me with open paws, and allow me to look after her and keep her safe. She’s a top priority, and I don’t want anything to happen to her. Oh, great starclan, I’m asking for a...miracle.

He was really doing it. He was doing as Alabasterpaw asked. Why? She thought, but she couldn't say anything. "But if you don't let her kill me, th-then you will die," Asterpaw whispered. He was giving up his life. For her. He was just going to let Alabasterpaw kill him...why? She needed him. She needed him to stay with her. And she didn't want this to happen. This is a dream. I'm dreaming. Wake up, wake up, please wake up...she thought, squeezing her hues shut before opening them again. No. The lump in her throat was very real. Seeing Azulpaw standing there was very real. He couldn't be doing this. Stay with me. She thought, desperately looking at the tom. He hadn't run. Or fought her, he had just...done as she asked. Without complaining. Without a fight. Just lay down and let her...kill him.

Alabasterpaw's expression was amused. "Touching. You're a sweetheart, aren't you? But there's no way to keep me from killing her after you're gone, after all. Is there?" She asked, cocking her head to one side curiously. Technically that was true. If she had wanted to, while Azulpaw was dying she could kill Asterpaw right in front of him. But that would just be boring. Or would it? Well, she'd figure that out in a minute. "Kidding, kidding. Right, I promise or-- whatever." Alabasterpaw shrugged. This was just getting boring. Goodbyes? She wasn't a fan. But, considering Azulpaw would be dead pretty soon-- it didn't matter to her.

Whatever was going to keep the tom contented so that he wouldn't change his mind. Though, as long as it was him or Asterpaw? She doubted it. If she were being honest, seeing Azulpaw cry changed the whole mood of the situation. It made it better. She'd never thought she would see the day when that jerk of a tom would be crying. He really cares about her, the white feline thought with a jolt of surprise. If only someone cared that way about her. But no one did. And somehow, some way, Asterpaw had gotten both the toms on her side. Alabasterpaw had no idea how.

She was the one with the gorgeous looks, the charming personality, and the sweet contact. Asterpaw was average, had a sarcastic/sweet personality, and didn't make any contact unless she wanted to or felt obligated to. Her hues snapped with anger and frustration at the tom's comments. "Whatever makes you feel better, darling. I don't believe a word of what you say-- and it's a good idea to keep Ast away from liars. Good thing you're going where you belong." She snapped, her hues darkening before she looked over at her sister. All of this was to protect her from a tom who didn't deserve her at all. Someone who was just using her-- or was that Bluepaw? It was easy to get the two confused sometimes. But she didn't care. Alabasterpaw had already set her mind on killing Azulpaw, so Azulpaw would be the one dying. Or dead.

The blue she cat held the contact for as long as she could. It would be the last time she would ever be able to. And she was more then okay with it. A sort of strangled sob left her maw at his words and she wanted him to stay. He was so, so important to her. The role that he played in her life, and just him in particular... they both meant so much. Why did he have to die? "It should be me." She whispered, her ears going back. Asterpaw knew she was crying. But she just didn't care. This was something worth crying for, and she didn't understand... she just didn't. "Please let me take your place. I don't want you to die..." She closed her eyes as though trying to shut all this out. Why couldn't she take his place? But no-- she had tried, and he had stepped up instead. Once again it seemed something had gone wrong. Once again, Asterpaw had messed up. And once again, he was going to pay the price.

"Yes, master." She mewed in a low voice, a smile playing at the corners of her maw before it faded. "I'm scared for you..." The she cat mewed, feeling new tears coming into her eyes. Scared didn't even begin to describe it. She was terrified. His question made her stop and think, however. "I-- I don't know. But... you came, and he didn't. Because Alli called you, but still-- if he had heard, and cared, he would have come. You've always been there when I needed a guardian angel. So no. I don't think so." She mewed, closing her eyes again. Her guardian angel. Azulpaw was her guardian angel, and now he was going to do one last job for her. If only the master/servant thing would work for real. She wished she could order him to run, but she couldn't. It didn't work that way. She would do anything to stop this insanity. Why don't I? She thought, trying to get to her paws. Instead she collapsed, which was bothersome-- thankfully Alabasterpaw, upon hearing his response, had moved away from her.

Dying for someone means you love them. She remembered that. But it scared her at the same time... she didn't know what to think. "I would die for you." Asterpaw whispered, wanting him to stay. She didn't want him to leave her. But there was nothing she could do. She was too weak to attack, and too scared to do anything else. She wanted to help. But she didn't know how. She wanted to scream, to get help, but if she did...then he would die for nothing, since Alabasterpaw would probably kill her too. Maybe she should. She didn't want to live without having any more of their conversations, competitions, or moments like these. It was those small moments in life that made her truly happy. But now they would be gone. Taken from her. Ripped from her.

Alabasterpaw shrugged at his request. "Fine by me." She mewed, and then turned to her sister, her expression darkening. The drama that was going on right now-- Asterpaw had caused it, hadn't she? She was the one crying, speaking so softly...well, come to think of it, they both were. But before she could order her sister to leave-- they were talking again. She just wanted to get on with it so she could play with Azulpaw some before she finished him off. This was definitely going to be a date to remember-- or, as Bluepaw had said-- a date to die for.

"I-- earlier today, I told you exactly what I thought of you. But...I left...some things out. I might as well add them now." She mewed, looking down at the ground that she was laying on. At least she wasn't going to die. She would live. But Asterpaw didn't think she deserved to. "You care about your friends. You came to get me out of that bush, and you pushed me away to keep me safe even when I didn't understand...like my guardian angel. You're more comfortable and more fun to be around then Bluepaw. And now I realize you would do anything. For me, and I'm guessing for Silverpaw and whoever your other friends are. Maybe Bluepaw." She sighed before watching him go. So this was it. She needed to get out of here, at least that was her guess from the look Alabasterpaw was giving her. But she didn't leave. She staggered into the bushes and remained there, resting-- waiting-- to see what would happen. True, Asterpaw didn't like blood...but she wanted to at least be nearby.

The white feline delicately made her way over to the tom, hues sparkling and shining like nothing else. "Ready for this, little hero?" She asked, kicking him. Hard. And then she half choked him, lifting up her paw to give him just a little hope before doing it again. Alabasterpaw did this several times, and then began continuously kicking him. "Nothing? You're not going to fight back?" She asked, unsheathing her claws and stabbing him in the back. "Oh c'mon, please do fight back. It'll be so interesting when I have to kill Asterpaw right in front of you, but only if you break the agreement." She mewed, before her ears went back in a hostile manner and she stabbed him again. He could at least be trying to make it interesting. Maybe a cry of pain or something, at least some expression would be nice. Alabasterpaw kicked him one last time, now driving her claws in and twisting them to create more pain. This was fun.

Asterpaw felt sick. No, terrified. And she broke down into sobbing, trying to do something-- anything-- but she didn't know what to. Her strength was gone. She couldn't even so much as call for help. "StarClan, why are you doing this to him? Please, please...make it stop. Just make it stop, I don't care how... he doesn't deserve this! Why is Alabasterpaw doing this? I can't-- I need him. I can't see him like this. Oh, make her stop, make her stop..." That was as far as the she cat got before she burst into tears again, sobbing so hard she couldn't do anything. He was going through this. He was enduring this. That should be her. "Why isn't that me? Why him? Why..." She stopped crying. She had no tears left, but she still sat, shaking silently and trying to get to her paws. Asterpaw knew she had to stop this. If she didn't, who would?

Alabasterpaw repeated the same maneuver as before, this time twisting them more cruelly and in a different spot. "Go on and fight me." She snapped, pressing down on his throat. She wanted to kill him, but first she wanted an excuse to kill Asterpaw. The white feline put pressure to the point where it should be easy for him to die, but a stronger cat-- as Azulpaw was-- would be just fine. She wondered where Asterpaw was. There were...odd noises coming from the bushes. Was she still there, against her sister's command? If she was-- maybe Alabasterpaw could kill her off of that, or something. "The one cat you'll never have a chance with, and you're dying for her? She's with your best friend, for StarClan's sake. When are you going to come back to reality? Ast just isn't interested." She mewed, putting pressure and then lifting it a few more times.

Listening, Asterpaw was enraged. Who said he doesn't have a chance? She thought, unsheathing her claws and digging them into the dirt. Maybe she did like him like that. Who knew? But...Bluepaw. If only she knew how to get herself out of this. "Then you would have a chance." She whispered, looking through the bushes just as her sister began repeatedly trying to cut off his oxygen supply again. What was that supposed to be, just a slow and painful death? She hated it. Her ears went back and she felt new tears coming. But Alabasterpaw will kill him before he ever gets a chance. She's going to kill him, and then I'll be-- I-- even her thoughts couldn't be finished. She only wished she could turn back time so that she could save the tom she cared for so much.

Old March 26th, 2017, 09:09 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

Quote:
He was really doing it. He was doing as Alabasterpaw asked. Why? She thought, but she couldn't say anything. "But if you don't let her kill me, th-then you will die," Asterpaw whispered. He was giving up his life. For her. He was just going to let Alabasterpaw kill him...why? She needed him. She needed him to stay with her. And she didn't want this to happen. This is a dream. I'm dreaming. Wake up, wake up, please wake up...she thought, squeezing her hues shut before opening them again. No. The lump in her throat was very real. Seeing Azulpaw standing there was very real. He couldn't be doing this. Stay with me. She thought, desperately looking at the tom. He hadn't run. Or fought her, he had just...done as she asked. Without complaining. Without a fight. Just lay down and let her...kill him.

Alabasterpaw's expression was amused. "Touching. You're a sweetheart, aren't you? But there's no way to keep me from killing her after you're gone, after all. Is there?" She asked, cocking her head to one side curiously. Technically that was true. If she had wanted to, while Azulpaw was dying she could kill Asterpaw right in front of him. But that would just be boring. Or would it? Well, she'd figure that out in a minute. "Kidding, kidding. Right, I promise or-- whatever." Alabasterpaw shrugged. This was just getting boring. Goodbyes? She wasn't a fan. But, considering Azulpaw would be dead pretty soon-- it didn't matter to her.

Whatever was going to keep the tom contented so that he wouldn't change his mind. Though, as long as it was him or Asterpaw? She doubted it. If she were being honest, seeing Azulpaw cry changed the whole mood of the situation. It made it better. She'd never thought she would see the day when that jerk of a tom would be crying. He really cares about her, the white feline thought with a jolt of surprise. If only someone cared that way about her. But no one did. And somehow, some way, Asterpaw had gotten both the toms on her side. Alabasterpaw had no idea how.

She was the one with the gorgeous looks, the charming personality, and the sweet contact. Asterpaw was average, had a sarcastic/sweet personality, and didn't make any contact unless she wanted to or felt obligated to. Her hues snapped with anger and frustration at the tom's comments. "Whatever makes you feel better, darling. I don't believe a word of what you say-- and it's a good idea to keep Ast away from liars. Good thing you're going where you belong." She snapped, her hues darkening before she looked over at her sister. All of this was to protect her from a tom who didn't deserve her at all. Someone who was just using her-- or was that Bluepaw? It was easy to get the two confused sometimes. But she didn't care. Alabasterpaw had already set her mind on killing Azulpaw, so Azulpaw would be the one dying. Or dead.

The blue she cat held the contact for as long as she could. It would be the last time she would ever be able to. And she was more then okay with it. A sort of strangled sob left her maw at his words and she wanted him to stay. He was so, so important to her. The role that he played in her life, and just him in particular... they both meant so much. Why did he have to die? "It should be me." She whispered, her ears going back. Asterpaw knew she was crying. But she just didn't care. This was something worth crying for, and she didn't understand... she just didn't. "Please let me take your place. I don't want you to die..." She closed her eyes as though trying to shut all this out. Why couldn't she take his place? But no-- she had tried, and he had stepped up instead. Once again it seemed something had gone wrong. Once again, Asterpaw had messed up. And once again, he was going to pay the price.

"Yes, master." She mewed in a low voice, a smile playing at the corners of her maw before it faded. "I'm scared for you..." The she cat mewed, feeling new tears coming into her eyes. Scared didn't even begin to describe it. She was terrified. His question made her stop and think, however. "I-- I don't know. But... you came, and he didn't. Because Alli called you, but still-- if he had heard, and cared, he would have come. You've always been there when I needed a guardian angel. So no. I don't think so." She mewed, closing her eyes again. Her guardian angel. Azulpaw was her guardian angel, and now he was going to do one last job for her. If only the master/servant thing would work for real. She wished she could order him to run, but she couldn't. It didn't work that way. She would do anything to stop this insanity. Why don't I? She thought, trying to get to her paws. Instead she collapsed, which was bothersome-- thankfully Alabasterpaw, upon hearing his response, had moved away from her.

Dying for someone means you love them. She remembered that. But it scared her at the same time... she didn't know what to think. "I would die for you." Asterpaw whispered, wanting him to stay. She didn't want him to leave her. But there was nothing she could do. She was too weak to attack, and too scared to do anything else. She wanted to help. But she didn't know how. She wanted to scream, to get help, but if she did...then he would die for nothing, since Alabasterpaw would probably kill her too. Maybe she should. She didn't want to live without having any more of their conversations, competitions, or moments like these. It was those small moments in life that made her truly happy. But now they would be gone. Taken from her. Ripped from her.

Alabasterpaw shrugged at his request. "Fine by me." She mewed, and then turned to her sister, her expression darkening. The drama that was going on right now-- Asterpaw had caused it, hadn't she? She was the one crying, speaking so softly...well, come to think of it, they both were. But before she could order her sister to leave-- they were talking again. She just wanted to get on with it so she could play with Azulpaw some before she finished him off. This was definitely going to be a date to remember-- or, as Bluepaw had said-- a date to die for.

"I-- earlier today, I told you exactly what I thought of you. But...I left...some things out. I might as well add them now." She mewed, looking down at the ground that she was laying on. At least she wasn't going to die. She would live. But Asterpaw didn't think she deserved to. "You care about your friends. You came to get me out of that bush, and you pushed me away to keep me safe even when I didn't understand...like my guardian angel. You're more comfortable and more fun to be around then Bluepaw. And now I realize you would do anything. For me, and I'm guessing for Silverpaw and whoever your other friends are. Maybe Bluepaw." She sighed before watching him go. So this was it. She needed to get out of here, at least that was her guess from the look Alabasterpaw was giving her. But she didn't leave. She staggered into the bushes and remained there, resting-- waiting-- to see what would happen. True, Asterpaw didn't like blood...but she wanted to at least be nearby.

The white feline delicately made her way over to the tom, hues sparkling and shining like nothing else. "Ready for this, little hero?" She asked, kicking him. Hard. And then she half choked him, lifting up her paw to give him just a little hope before doing it again. Alabasterpaw did this several times, and then began continuously kicking him. "Nothing? You're not going to fight back?" She asked, unsheathing her claws and stabbing him in the back. "Oh c'mon, please do fight back. It'll be so interesting when I have to kill Asterpaw right in front of you, but only if you break the agreement." She mewed, before her ears went back in a hostile manner and she stabbed him again. He could at least be trying to make it interesting. Maybe a cry of pain or something, at least some expression would be nice. Alabasterpaw kicked him one last time, now driving her claws in and twisting them to create more pain. This was fun.

Asterpaw felt sick. No, terrified. And she broke down into sobbing, trying to do something-- anything-- but she didn't know what to. Her strength was gone. She couldn't even so much as call for help. "StarClan, why are you doing this to him? Please, please...make it stop. Just make it stop, I don't care how... he doesn't deserve this! Why is Alabasterpaw doing this? I can't-- I need him. I can't see him like this. Oh, make her stop, make her stop..." That was as far as the she cat got before she burst into tears again, sobbing so hard she couldn't do anything. He was going through this. He was enduring this. That should be her. "Why isn't that me? Why him? Why..." She stopped crying. She had no tears left, but she still sat, shaking silently and trying to get to her paws. Asterpaw knew she had to stop this. If she didn't, who would?

Alabasterpaw repeated the same maneuver as before, this time twisting them more cruelly and in a different spot. "Go on and fight me." She snapped, pressing down on his throat. She wanted to kill him, but first she wanted an excuse to kill Asterpaw. The white feline put pressure to the point where it should be easy for him to die, but a stronger cat-- as Azulpaw was-- would be just fine. She wondered where Asterpaw was. There were...odd noises coming from the bushes. Was she still there, against her sister's command? If she was-- maybe Alabasterpaw could kill her off of that, or something. "The one cat you'll never have a chance with, and you're dying for her? She's with your best friend, for StarClan's sake. When are you going to come back to reality? Ast just isn't interested." She mewed, putting pressure and then lifting it a few more times.

Listening, Asterpaw was enraged. Who said he doesn't have a chance? She thought, unsheathing her claws and digging them into the dirt. Maybe she did like him like that. Who knew? But...Bluepaw. If only she knew how to get herself out of this. "Then you would have a chance." She whispered, looking through the bushes just as her sister began repeatedly trying to cut off his oxygen supply again. What was that supposed to be, just a slow and painful death? She hated it. Her ears went back and she felt new tears coming. But Alabasterpaw will kill him before he ever gets a chance. She's going to kill him, and then I'll be-- I-- even her thoughts couldn't be finished. She only wished she could turn back time so that she could save the tom she cared for so much.
The first response was an immediate yowl coming from the grey tom’s maw. He fell to the ground, his paws sprawled around him, panting heavily. Yet, he didn’t say anything, and he completely went against her orders. Why would he fight back? Just so she could kill her own sister? What type of issues were she going through to be that sinister? When she choked him, he felt his life flashed before his eyes. He replaced her face with Bluepaw’s--who at the time choked him, hard, but not as hard as she was choking him. Was she doing this on purpose? So he’ll feel the pain more?

‘’Ahhhhh!’’ His scream was loud and short, being cut off for the fear of neighboring cats. For some odd reason he knew that if he didn’t die, she would take it out on others, or worse---Asterpaw. He wouldn’t allow her to hurt Asterpaw. ‘’Ohhhh, darling!’’ He exclaimed in agonizing pain. The way she dug her claws into him, he withheld a scream, a sob, or anything that associated itself with a weaker status. ‘’The pain is incredible!” Even in his time of death why had he needed to act so...foolish? So cruelly playful when he was being broken down. A moon ago, he wouldn’t acted this way. He would scream. He would yowl and hoped someone came to his rescue, but within a moon...he grew. A lot.

‘’I-I’m n-not going to f-f-f-fight you.’’ He managed to gag out from under the pressure of Alabasterpaw’s paws. Gladly, he would had loved to fight her, but, no matter how demonic she was...she was Asterpaw’s sister. The tom did not think that Asterpaw would enjoy her sister being hurt, or possibly killed. And, Azulpaw never had a strong stomach for blood sport. But where was a brother when you needed him? Though Bluepaw and he has his differences, weren’t they always suppose to be there for each other? That no matter what, they would fight for one another, no matter who against?

Azulpaw only managed a weak smile at her next words, twisting his maw into a dark smirk. ‘’Wouldn’t that be lovely for the both of us, darling? You don’t want me to be with your sister anyway, so why are you complaining? Allow me to feel what I want to feel. It wouldn’t matter much when I’m gone.’’ He seethed, rasping and coughing. ‘’It’s funny, honestly. You’re just jealous because no one will ever do this for you. As far as I can tell, I don’t see any toms lining up to associate themselves with you. And, to add while I’m still alive, I’m glad I don’t have a chance with her. I’m glad she isn’t interested. It lifts a large weight off my soul and it will be easier to leave without her crying over me when I’m gone. It’s a sign that she will quickly move on, and not put her life on pause because of a cat like...me.’’ It truly did break his heart. Why was Alabasterpaw doing this on purpose? He knew Asterpaw was with Bluepaw. He knew of it all, he didn’t need to be reminded of the sort. It was made pretty clear that moon ago that she would remain devoted to him until his heart was healed. Until he were ready to discard her away.

This did little to affect Azulpaw. ‘’You may think I’m dying for no apparent reason, but I am. A serious reason beyond matters--It’s this thing called love, something you don’t know about, evidently.’’ He staggered, and fell to his side. Weak and exhausted. He could practically feel the blood oozing out of his back like a dripping waterfall of redness. A moon ago, he was in a lot of pain. He thought it would be unbearable for him, but as he was going through it again. It felt normal. A sensation of doable pain that no longer sent sparks running through him. He would yowl--of course, it still hurt him, but he felt as if he didn’t matter anymore.

Thinking on Asterpaw’s words, "You care about your friends. You came to get me out of that bush, and you pushed me away to keep me safe even when I didn't understand...like my guardian angel. You're more comfortable and more fun to be around then Bluepaw. And now I realize you would do anything. For me, and I'm guessing for Silverpaw and whoever your other friends are. Maybe Bluepaw." Guardian angel? Azulpaw would had never used those words to describe himself. He was definitely no angel, but he could tell why it played hand in hand. From day one, from becoming friends with Bluepaw, the tom knew that his true friends came first no matter what. He had no family to count on, so friends were the next best thing. Although the young tom would never had imagined that his life would end up this way...he oddly didn’t regret it. Even the abuse from the wicked,demented sister. He got to meet an amazing blue cat. And, he would be able to watch and protect her from the great heavens of starclan. He would be able to care for her, to look out for her, and send her comfort whenever she needed it.

And, Silverpaw…the sudden thought of the younger silver feline’s name caught him off guard. He never even got to say goodbye to her. Or, Bluepaw--and the last thing they did was fight.

And, here he lay enduring every blowing hit until the last was ready to send him into complete utter darkness, where he’ll be looking down at himself. Where he’ll shake his head, but approve of living such a noble-like life. A jerky life, but nobly filled as well. The grey tom could see it now. A dead body...at least a funeral? At least some flowers to know he was appreciated by the clan? Anything at all? Maybe an I love you to make him feel as if he were greatly. Will he receive anything along those lines? Anything at all?

Who would walk him to starclan…?

The tom yowled once more, and whimpered slightly, a few tears streaming their way down. ‘’No matter what you say, I won’t fight...back.’’ He was weakened, but he refused to fight back. He dropped his head heavily onto the ground, his eyes fluttering constantly. He blinked the shut, forced them to stay close. The last thing he wanted was to see Alabasterpaw for the last time. So, he envisioned Asterpaw instead. Her curious nature, her sweet and sarcastic attitude. He envision the soft blue fur, and her green eyes. He envisioned her fully until the image stuck in his mind, and once his last breath was ready to leave…

When will that be?

How will he knew when it was time for him to go?

And, just then he felt as if he did have a miracle. A familiar scent flooded his nostrils, and he opened his eyes to see the piebald tom just in time to save him. Azulpaw felt like he was soaring--did Bluepaw come to get rid of Alabasterpaw? To save him from his untimely death?

But instead the piebald tom hovered above him, watching him as he laid helpless on the ground. Azulpaw wanted to call out, he wanted to yell at the tom, but he couldn’t. He was exhausted. He was fatigued, so he laid there, hoping Bluepaw would do something about the situation. Bluepaw only looked down at his old friend, a swelling of pride entering into his heart. His eyes flickered towards the abuser, and he gave her a curt nod. ‘’Why are you lollygagging around? Why isn’t he dead yet?’’ The blue-eyed tom narrowed his eyes. He had come across this way, following the scent of his beloved Asterpaw. ‘’I sure hope you haven’t broken our agreement. Ast has nothing to do with this--this nonsense! If she’s hurt Alabasterpaw, I will end you myself. You’ll be joining Azulpaw...or going where you know you belong.’’ He hissed her way before jumping over the tom to continue his search. Though he appear to not know that the blue cat was well hidden behind a bush. A bush he walked past and carried on, thinking he would find her soon.

Azulpaw watched as he came and went. So, quick, so fast without a word of acknowledgement to him. Was he in on this plan as well? The thought made Azulpaw’s heart cry out in pain, in agony, and if heart’s could cry, his would be crying a waterfall.

‘’You heard him,’’ the grey tom rasped. Now that he knew the truth, the light appeared closer than ever. All he had to do was reach out and grab it...every pain he felt would cease, and he would be free. Free with the birds. Free-er than the birds. As he closed his eyes once more, he could see that lovely blue she-cat he adored. ‘’I would die for her over and over and over again. And for you, Alabasterpaw? I’m not sure if anyone would even dare walk over a puddle for you let alone die for you.’’ His voice was soft, and genuine. It wasn’t snarkish, or snappy, but a simple saying of truth the she needed to hear. Not that she would care at all what he had to say.

The tom was all fight out. Finding out that Bluepaw wanted Alabasterpaw to end him was the catch of the prey. He knew where he belonged. After all the times he shared with the piebald tom...this was how he repaid a brother? It was sad, really, but the fact that the truth was finally surfacing brought a lightness on his heart. Azulpaw allowed a smile to cross over his muzzle as he felt a sudden faintness ready to take over. He was in the constant battle of light and black, and as much as he tried to fight back, there was only so much he could take place. ‘’Don’t worry. If it pains you to know this...I will always die for your sister.’’ It was an underlying message that he hoped Alabasterpaw would get, that it would set her on edge. Frankly, he felt the tension that she was jealous because Asterpaw was receiving all the attention and it was never her.

‘’Always and forever. If we were in a...loophole...I would go through the pain all over again.’’ He rasped out, his voice heavy. Then, he grew quiet. His eyes stayed close, and he felt his mind empty out. A sudden wave of blackness over washed him, consuming his sight, and allowing a coldness to seep through his body.