Today 01:44 AM
WindClan Galewood
by Ian
Last post by Goopysharkboi
Today 01:42 AM

Old October 17th, 2020, 09:23 PM

My Mood: Worried

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

She followed him around for awhile watching as he didn’t find anything she watched a frog that was asleep or dead. She shook her pelt coldly, it didn’t matter he had passed it.
don’t judge him yet
her mind Warned her. Then padding quickly behind him she watched him go towards the beech tree
Good move.

Her mind thought,
There he couaght a mouse it was a a good catch to, she smiled. Her knew apprentince was very good.
Then she picked up the frog because she had ended up catching it and placed it next to the mouse as another sign

@gs29513
Old October 17th, 2020, 09:31 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Since he wasn't completely stupid, Shrewpaw had been aware that his mentor was following him. He had know she would be, seeing as this was an assessment of sorts. She had to know how well he did, and that required being there. He didn't look as she dropped a frog beside his mouse, but he knew she dropped SOMETHING. The thud of prey on prey was fairly unmistakable. Only one more catch needed, but the sun was setting fast, already brushing the edges of the trees, lighting them ablaze. Any other time he would have stopped to admire them, but not now. He had things to do. His stride lengthening, he went a bit deeper into the heart of the territory, where some thicker brambles grew. It might be sheltered enough there it was business as usual.

Unfortunately, it was not. It was more........business at .5 speed. Where there normally would have been a cacophonous racket of bird calls, a few, lonely sparrows cried the refrain. Mice in every bush had become mice deep in every burrow. Both of those options out. But what about the shrews? He knew they often hid in a small pile of rocks, practically impenetrable to most predators. But not to him. For once, the little paws were a good thing. Sliding them in, after several knocks and scrapes, he found warm body. Claws springing out instantly, he hauled it, bleeding, from the rocks, dispatching it cleanly. It hadn't been the neatest, but it was a catch. Pausing, he looked around. Are you there? he asked, feeling a bit foolish talking to the forest. @~dust~
Old October 18th, 2020, 11:41 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Shrikepaw stood attentively nodding at the corrections and experimentally dipping a paw in some nearby mud and sniffing it curious and starting in surprise when it worked. Huh that would be useful when he needed to sneak around next, pine might also work knowing the pungency of the scent. Something to test later.
Scooping up a pawful of dirt and place his catch in to cover it up Shrikepaw ran to catch up with his mentor looking up at him as Windstrike gave further instructions.

The monochrome tom gave a small huff of acknowledgement for the advice in hiding, he knew that already though he pushed down his annoyance, its not like his mentor would have any idea how much sneaking around the apprentice did. Frankly that was probably a good thing.

Still he took Windstrikes advice and, rubbing himself against some ferns to cover most of his sent and finding the direction of the wind. Pine, mud, other cats (probably a distant patrol), more mud, vole! Perfect.
Slipping into the shadows and cover of the nearby bushes Shrikepaw slinked forward quickly spotting the eating prey. He did much better and this time (though was still unbalanced) and got lucky enough to not even to lunge forward far to catch it. He really only had to burst out from the bush and close his jaws around the squeaking vole to kill it. Satisfied with his work he briefly put down the vole to ask "We done here then? I can go grab the mouse and head back to camp on my own if you dont wanna stick around."

@Pepperkins
Old October 19th, 2020, 11:52 AM
Peppermint Pudding

My Mood: Twisted

Windstrike
[ @Rani ]

Windstrike raised a brow as he saw the tom test the mud for a moment, stepping back to not get any on his pelt. While he didn't worry too much about his appearance, he didn't want to return to camp looking like he was playing on the banks of a river. It was bad enough the leaves falling from the trees got stuck in his fur all the time. Nodding to himself as the apprentice rubbed against the ferns, looks like he was actually listening, he sat in a crouch as to not disturb the hunt. Shrikepaw was learning faster than he had assumed, perhaps he could be rid of him soon.

Glancing back up from his half attentive stare, he realized that he no longer saw the apprentice, sitting up in slight confusion. Had he walked off, perhaps the prey he was hunting was farther that he had- His fur stood on end as the tom jumped out from the bush. Looks like he had really listened to what he had said. He couldn't help but let a small smile slip on his face as he padded over, looking down at the vole with approval.

"Great job, you've done good for your first day out," he purred, sniffing the prey to check over it just in case. You never knew what was out here in the forest. Hearing the apprentice speak again, his smile dimmed slightly as the rude tone he picked up off of it but he decided to let it slip for now. In the future he'd need to teach them some manners, Yes you're free to go. Make sure to drop off your catch at the elders den and practice your balance. You were a little wobbly from what I saw but that can be improved with practice." Dismissing Shrikepaw with his tail, he padded off, debating whether to have a hunt of his own since he was out here or just go back to camp and take a nap. The second option sounded fairly appealing right now.

"Kindness is like sugar. It makes life taste a little sweeter"
Carla Yerovi

Character Site | Shooting Stars

I will not respond to one liners or five word responses.

Old October 20th, 2020, 05:11 PM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

// @Pepperkins - [haha I really enjoy your long posts!! Also, so sorry for the wait!]
Stonefang observed Windstrike, curious when the other tom broke eye contact. It wasn’t clear why. The growl was much more anticipated, honestly. So… Stone’s words did get to him. Which was quite hilarious, considering Wind’s reputation for messing with cats in ways Stone could only imagine were similar. Just deserts and all that. Surprisingly, Windstrike didn’t snap just yet. He pulled it together, instead keeping a smirk on his face that Stonefang returned with ease. [He decided that little smirk suited Windstrike well. It was a shame, really. What pretty packaging to be wasted on such a useless cat.]

La la land… hmm? Stonefang’s jade-colored eyes sparkled with amusement as Windstrike glared. He tilted his head before answering in an even tone – “Well, seeing as this prey has miraculously slipped your claws--so you say, as there’s no proof--maybe you should go chase after it. Run in a few circles...see if that helps.”

The grey tabby sat back on his haunches when Wind took the time to brush dirt off his fur. He wondered if it was some kind of nervous tick or sign of restlessness, unease. That or perhaps this cat took cleanliness as seriously as Lightbubble. Ha. Stone reminded himself promptly that such a thing would be impossible; no cat reached the level of his Goldfish in the department of hygiene.

“The wandering warrior,” Stonefang repeated, maintaining a picture of effortless composure. He didn’t know Windstrike well enough to tell how serious he was about blabbing to Dawnstar, but it didn’t matter. “Hmm, is that a threat, love? I didn’t take you for the tattle-tale sort. I'd say I was disappointed, but I didn't have high expectations for you in the first place. By all means—please tell her. I’m sure Dawnstar will appreciate you took the time to do it.”

In truth, Stonefang had been hunting earlier. Leaving camp with no explanation wouldn’t be tolerated in Dawnstar’s ShadowClan, and only a dimwit would forget the protection of an alibi. He had enough prey buried already to justify the trip. Not his best haul, but not a bad one either. Either way, Stone felt no need to point this out to Windstrike, who was turning out to be quite unlikable. Troublemaking was all fine- but threats were a nuisance. Even if they weren't viable.

Last edited by Ziera; May 2nd, 2021 at 10:53 PM.
Old October 20th, 2020, 11:52 PM
FlooftheGreatandTerrible

My Mood: Adorable

@Daunting Drago0n

It was dark out, just past sundown. Delicate white paws drifted across the camp floof out through the entrance, into the territory. Ghost-like in appearance under the naked stars, a slim, sleek feline tip-toed through the trees.
Emberfrost blinked her bright blue eyes, relieved to be out of camp, away from the noise of snoring and "goodnights".
Old October 20th, 2020, 11:55 PM
nom nom chocolateee

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooftheGreatandTerrible View Post
@Daunting Drago0n

It was dark out, just past sundown. Delicate white paws drifted across the camp floof out through the entrance, into the territory. Ghost-like in appearance under the naked stars, a slim, sleek feline tip-toed through the trees.
Emberfrost blinked her bright blue eyes, relieved to be out of camp, away from the noise of snoring and "goodnights".
Chickadeepaw woke up, hearing a cat leave camp. She opened her eyes and followed the scent of a clanmate. "Hello!" She mewed after Emberfrost had seemed to reach her destination.

Last edited by PEPPERMINT~; October 21st, 2020 at 12:14 AM.
Old October 21st, 2020, 12:01 AM
FlooftheGreatandTerrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daunting Drago0n View Post
Chickadeepaw woke up, hearing a cat leave camp. She opened her eyes and followed the scent of a clanmate. "Hello!" She mewed after Emberfrost had seemed to reach her destination.
She jumped almost violently and curled up with her face under her paws as a knee-jerk response. The sudden noise had scared the daylight out of her.
"O-oh hi.."
Old October 21st, 2020, 12:05 AM
nom nom chocolateee

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooftheGreatandTerrible View Post
She jumped almost violently and curled up with her face under her paws as a knee-jerk response. The sudden noise had scared the daylight out of her.
"O-oh hi.."

"Why are you out at night?"
Chickadeepaw tilted her head questioningly.
Old October 21st, 2020, 12:06 AM
FlooftheGreatandTerrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daunting Drago0n View Post

"Why are you out at night?"
Chickadeepaw tilted her head questioningly.
Emberfrost stood up and brushed some debris off of her fur.
"I don't sleep well. I'm going for a short walk to tire out." She explained gently. Her voice was so soft..