Today 08:35 PM

Old July 3rd, 2020, 09:25 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

Once again they could not resist and let out a bawling laugh that nearly had themselves in tears. Their apprentice had managed to do something Driftstep themselves would've done and still did. Suffering from the wobbles, as they liked to call them, did make your hunting difficult and unpredictable and add in a few extra pounds in there and they would be squishing every prey near them. "You did a meeee!" they announced to the apprentice and patted Shrewpaw gently with a tail. "You caught prey, doesn't matter if its squished or not, prey is prey. You want to try to go for it again?" They hoped he would, more training was always useful but if they didn't... that was alright too.
Um, sure Shrewpaw told his mentor, somewhat embarrassed. That was twice in no time he had made his mentor laugh their head off. Dropping into his crouch again, he sniffed around for some prey. After a minute, he smelled a shrew in a clump of ferns. Creeping towards it, he got within pouncing distance, and crouched down lower. Wiggling his rear, he leaped after it, coming up a little short. WIth a desperate lunge, he managed to pin the creature under his paw, and kill it with a bite to the neck. Padding back to his mentor, he dropped the creature at their feet. Was that better? he asked Driftstep. He hoped he had made up for his mess up in the brambles.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 12:09 PM
delicate woman.

Bump Policy: 48hrs only - please mention me!
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lucid Dreams~ View Post
Smallpaw bit her lip, sighing. "Then you need to think before you act." She meowed, her sharp tone loosening. She looked up at her mentor. @Corruptx

(Sorry went to a fireworks show)
Sparrowsnap let her shaded yellow eyes meet with Smallpaw's, though only for a brief couple of heartbeats. It was nothing too special, more of just a mere glance: the small warrior did, after all, have a hard time making precise eye-contact with hardly anyone, given the current times and difficulties.

Then, after a painfully long moment of absolute silence, the warrior spoke up, her voice a hushed murmur: "I will." Then, forcefully tilting up her chin, she added, "Now come on - let's get hunting. Sound good?"

art reqbios

Night holds up Copperpaw to the sun rays - Nyx
CrimsonOaks holds up her two gay kitties and The Lion King theme starts playing
Leopard runs by yelling "COME BACK HERE GIRLS!" chasing her IRL cats through this sig
Old July 3rd, 2020, 12:18 PM
-ˏˋ hey hey! ˊˎ-

My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post

-- @cloudii --

Doepaw couldn't help but let out a soft laugh at the energetic warrior. She was just blabbering on, and she had followed Pebblefall into the territory. This would be her first real chance to explore the territory and she was looking forward to figuring out the real differences between this and Thunderclan. Yet deciding that maybe bringing some relief to the already high strung she-cat Doepaw decided to answer her questions, "It's fine... As long as you... don't say 'there' or.. just point at.. things without... voicing or explaining... everything should be fine. And yeah... its not often... you meet a blind... cat. You're... not going to do anything... bad. You'll... be learning too. I'm not... opposed to anything... really. But maybe... just getting to know... the territory? You could.. explain some stuff.. if you want to... that is." She didn't exactly know how to act around this she-cat, she seemed to have a lot of energy and maybe having her talk it out would do wonders... for both of them. Well not her ears but she was willing to go through the pain for the molly's sake and she nodded in agreement of her conclusion.
i am so so sisooosoioioosooo sorry about the late reply, i unexpectedly poofed
owo'' //

pebblefall pricked her ears. "ohhhhhh, yeah, if i was blind, that'd be SUPERRRRR annoying if cats described stuff like that--just remind me if i start doing it, heh. and yes, of course, i'd love to show you the territory, its like, super different from--wherever you came from, likeeeee, smells and soundssssss, yeah." the grey tabby thought it was best to shut her mouth for now. until we come to something other than pine trees--and other stuff. i should say something though. "uh, there is pine trees, im sure you can smell them of course, butttttttttttt i needed to say something--i thinkkkkk, im sorrrrrrrrry, i dont really know what to say."
pebblefall sighed. "i.am.ruining.everything.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 12:44 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfern View Post
(SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT! I had to go to volleyball and I forgot about this!)
“What do you mean Thistlepaw? We hunt, we fight, we help take care of the kits and elders... Oh, you’re worried about your throat?” Doveheart said,”Well, hm... When we get back to camp I’ll ask around, maybe we can find a warrior who has a similar problem, then they can help you!
(Doveheart is trying lol)
@FireSandwich
Bump! :3
Old July 3rd, 2020, 01:20 PM

Status: Sitting around. Feel free to VM me if you want to roleplay!
My Mood: Bored

Smallpaw took a deep breath, inhaling sharply and then nodding. "Can you show me the hunting crouch?" @Corruptx

My Pokefarm profile: https://pfq.link/lucidense
Old July 3rd, 2020, 01:30 PM
delicate woman.

Quote:
Smallpaw took a deep breath, inhaling sharply and then nodding. "Can you show me the hunting crouch?" @Corruptx
Sparrowsnap heaved a sigh. As much as she didn't want - or even have the required energy, for that matter - to hunt, she knew that if it really, truly would boost her apprentice's happiness and enthusiasm, then she would do it nevertheless.

Dropping into a slouching crouch, the tan-colored warrior allowed for her haunches to waggle. "See how my ears are immediately perked, and how I'm keeping low to the ground? You want to ensure that you're as quiet, focused, and elusive as possible." Straightening upward, Sparrowsnap gave her pelt a brief shaking. "Now you try. And take silent advantage of every noise you hear."

art reqbios

Leopard runs by yelling "COME BACK HERE GIRLS!" chasing her IRL cats through this sig
Old July 3rd, 2020, 02:09 PM

"I won't have any trouble keeping low to the ground." She mewed humorously, trying to lighten the mood a bit. She perked her ears, focusing. "Wait, I think I hear something!" She mewed, her voice hushed. @Corruptx

Old July 3rd, 2020, 06:26 PM
delicate woman.

Quote:
"I won't have any trouble keeping low to the ground." She mewed humorously, trying to lighten the mood a bit. She perked her ears, focusing. "Wait, I think I hear something!" She mewed, her voice hushed. @Corruptx
Suppressing another messy smile, Sparrowsnap forced her pained yellow eyes to meet with the cream-colored apprentice's. "Quiet mode activated!" the speckled warrior joked, making an attempt at returning the favor of stifled amusement, despite the lingering reluctance that seemed to still hang in the air. "Now, what do you smell? Or, better yet, what do you think your prey smells, hm?"

art reqbios

Last edited by The Kitty.; July 3rd, 2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 06:44 PM

Smallpaw felt a pang of awkwardness at her mentors attempt to return the joke. "I smell a mouse- and I think the mouse is searching the dead leaves." @Corruptx

Old July 4th, 2020, 03:04 AM
emergency hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Um, sure Shrewpaw told his mentor, somewhat embarrassed. That was twice in no time he had made his mentor laugh their head off. Dropping into his crouch again, he sniffed around for some prey. After a minute, he smelled a shrew in a clump of ferns. Creeping towards it, he got within pouncing distance, and crouched down lower. Wiggling his rear, he leaped after it, coming up a little short. WIth a desperate lunge, he managed to pin the creature under his paw, and kill it with a bite to the neck. Padding back to his mentor, he dropped the creature at their feet. Was that better? he asked Driftstep. He hoped he had made up for his mess up in the brambles.
"Well the technique was all rusty you know, not the biggest fineese but well! what does that matter if you're still successful?" Because Driftstep was proud of their apprentice. Shrewpaw was doing an exellent job. "You're a smooth learner though, but I think this is all for today! We got three prey pieces and you learned a lot. I am proud of you, you did a great job for your first lesson out of camp!" It was the truth and Driftstep was happy to have such an attentive apprentice. This was going to make teaching him a lot easier for the tabby cat and they were thoroughly looking forward to working together with him in the future. "Now that we're heading home, I plan on taking you battle training tomorrow. We need to practice some balance work, seeing as you are a bit clumsy when it comes to hunting. Battle training will help you with that."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee