Last post by Estelle
Today 08:26 PM

Old January 23rd, 2020, 06:04 AM
Peppermint Pudding

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: RiverClan Warriors' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfur View Post
Dirtfur jumped a little as Raccoontail came in and joked, although the dirty deputy doesn't get it. Dirtfur looked away, not wanting to answer the second question. But he reluctantly turned around to face the grey and white warrior. "Nothing, just nervous for tomorrow," he explained.

The grey she-cat frowned and gave him a skeptic look. Sure, she always assumed it was a stressful job, but Dirtfur didn't seem like one to stress over work like that. Now sitting next to him, she tilted her head and made a face that practically said 'try again'. "Ok, well, that's one worrisome thing, yes," she meowed softly, trying not to startle him again. That was a sure way to make anyone shut up, "Now talk to me like I'm a friend, not just another cat to look after."

"Kindness is like sugar. It makes life taste a little sweeter"
Carla Yerovi

Character Site | Shooting Stars

I will not respond to one liners or five word responses.

Old January 23rd, 2020, 07:57 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermin View Post
His eyes slowly narrowed. "Ah, well, no. I mean jealousy," he gestured with tail pointing at her. "It's all over your face." Ugh, she messed up his little jabbing joke feeling a bit regretful to remind the warrior of her scar. He wasn't even thinking about that in all honesty. He cleared his throat to cover up his mini embarrassment before continuing on. "Let me guess," he rolled over on his back to stare up at the dirt ceiling, "Dirtfur?" It went quiet for a while, the white tom moved over to his side to stare at her reaction. "I was sure you'd be deputy but I guess stinky pelt is a good choice too." Greenfur was definitely poking at her soft spots on purpose, its rare of him to take on curiosity of a cat.
"That mud tactic he announced was really useful. The look on that warrior I was against when I threw dirty snow at her was memorable," he continued, "I've heard you protected your apprentice and got pretty beaten up. I wish you a speedy recovery."
Stoatdance felt a spark of guilt light within her, but she didn't voice it. She simply turned her head to look at Greenfur again, her eye darkened. "It's obvious, isn't it? I was supposed to be the deputy, but saving Bugpaw ruined that chance for me. Lionstar sees me as a stupid failure now, and replaced me with that dirt cat. He's so weird and he replaced me? I've kissed Lionstar's ass for moons now, doing whatever he wanted me to do and I get nothing for it?"
She growled, ears flattening against her head and claws digging into the nest below her. "I should have been deputy. It's been my dream ever since I was an apprentice! I've worked so damn hard for so damn long and it's all put to waste because I saved a measly little she-cat!" Stoatdance huffed and fell silent for multiple heartbeats before speaking once more, her voice now lowered to a quiet mumble. "I've done more than he has..." The she-cat sighed and rested her head against her paws, a frown on her lips as a defeated expression crossed her face.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old January 23rd, 2020, 11:52 AM
another level

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxneysuckle View Post
Stoatdance felt a spark of guilt light within her, but she didn't voice it. She simply turned her head to look at Greenfur again, her eye darkened. "It's obvious, isn't it? I was supposed to be the deputy, but saving Bugpaw ruined that chance for me. Lionstar sees me as a stupid failure now, and replaced me with that dirt cat. He's so weird and he replaced me? I've kissed Lionstar's ass for moons now, doing whatever he wanted me to do and I get nothing for it?"
She growled, ears flattening against her head and claws digging into the nest below her. "I should have been deputy. It's been my dream ever since I was an apprentice! I've worked so damn hard for so damn long and it's all put to waste because I saved a measly little she-cat!" Stoatdance huffed and fell silent for multiple heartbeats before speaking once more, her voice now lowered to a quiet mumble. "I've done more than he has..." The she-cat sighed and rested her head against her paws, a frown on her lips as a defeated expression crossed her face.
Ah-Ah, there's the venting anger he was trying to pull out of her.
It's annoying when a cat places a mask on with a happy, nonchalant or quiet facade when there's many layers of overfilling emotions that's ready to seep out. He already had his history of fake cats around him. Why keep it inside and not be blunt about it? Greenfur always saw Stoatdance has a worthy follower of Lionstar, even so, she didn't really stand out much to him. Very much dull and just there. Seeing her in a pickle of distress and crossness slowly changed that opinion of the warrior. "Well, yeah. You got yourself injured over a bug- that might have been the deal breaker there," he didn't understand her efforts of wanting to become deputy so bad. So much responsibilities, duties, drama all in ties together in one big weight on a cat's shoulder- uck!- Too much work. Thinking about it made his mind buzz. "You shouldn't have interfered and let nature do its job. The apprentice has to make it or get crushed, that's part of the journey of becoming a warrior. In my opinion? You're too soft," lashing his tail, the sleepiness faded away as he spoke to her, "Toughen up! Stop sulking like a kit. You fall seven times, you stand eight. That no good apprentice doesn't care, I would've smacked the crap outta them just because it'll feel good and is well deserved." His eyes looked around to see if any cat was around but all he saw was a bunch of empty nests. Probably still on patrols and training- Riverclan been busy these few moons. "Hm, back in the streets you have to step on some heads to be on top," those vicious cats usually backstabbed each other, murdering whoever stands a higher rank just to get it. Of course, he wouldn't tell her that. Next thing Dirtfur ends up missing and he will part of the mess. "Just outshine Turdfur, that should be easy for you anyways. Show him who should be in that spot and be a little more selfish, will you? Sick of your type who will fling their life in the line for something so fruitless." He turned over grumbling to himself, he spent too long chatting and not enough on sleeping. "Anyways, I'm tired. Night."

Last edited by tye; January 23rd, 2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2020, 06:33 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 4 days :D
My Mood: Pensive

[QUOTE=Pepperkins;632684]

The grey she-cat frowned and gave him a skeptic look. Sure, she always assumed it was a stressful job, but Dirtfur didn't seem like one to stress over work like that. Now sitting next to him, she tilted her head and made a face that practically said 'try again'. "Ok, well, that's one worrisome thing, yes," she meowed softly, trying not to startle him again. That was a sure way to make anyone shut up, "Now talk to me like I'm a friend, not just another cat to look after."

Dirtfur watched as the young warrior sat by him. He doesn't radiate any nerves when his clanmates gets too close to him. He doesn't have a space bubble unlike his friends so he doesn't mind; but that wasn't why Dirtfur looked anxious as the grey molly sat next to the deputy, it was because he could tell that Raccoontail wants to know more. Her soft question smooths the deputy's worries about his position. Then the she-cat demanded her old friend to talk to her like a real friend. Nodding reluctantly, he explained his actions, "Alright, I'm just worry that I'll mess up as a deputy."

Char Site updated (10/11/22), added Blazingpaw and Goldenkit!

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word
Old January 24th, 2020, 07:05 AM
the tale of six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermin View Post
Ah-Ah, there's the venting anger he was trying to pull out of her.
It's annoying when a cat places a mask on with a happy, nonchalant or quiet facade when there's many layers of overfilling emotions that's ready to seep out. He already had his history of fake cats around him. Why keep it inside and not be blunt about it? Greenfur always saw Stoatdance has a worthy follower of Lionstar, even so, she didn't really stand out much to him. Very much dull and just there. Seeing her in a pickle of distress and crossness slowly changed that opinion of the warrior. "Well, yeah. You got yourself injured over a bug- that might have been the deal breaker there," he didn't understand her efforts of wanting to become deputy so bad. So much responsibilities, duties, drama all in ties together in one big weight on a cat's shoulder- uck!- Too much work. Thinking about it made his mind buzz. "You shouldn't have interfered and let nature do its job. The apprentice has to make it or get crushed, that's part of the journey of becoming a warrior. In my opinion? You're too soft," lashing his tail, the sleepiness faded away as he spoke to her, "Toughen up! Stop sulking like a kit. You fall seven times, you stand eight. That no good apprentice doesn't care, I would've smacked the crap outta them just because it'll feel good and is well deserved." His eyes looked around to see if any cat was around but all he saw was a bunch of empty nests. Probably still on patrols and training- Riverclan been busy these few moons. "Hm, back in the streets you have to step on some heads to be on top," those vicious cats usually backstabbed each other, murdering whoever stands a higher rank just to get it. Of course, he wouldn't tell her that. Next thing Dirtfur ends up missing and he will part of the mess. "Just outshine Turdfur, that should be easy for you anyways. Show him who should be in that spot and be a little more selfish, will you? Sick of your type who will fling their life in the line for something so fruitless." He turned over grumbling to himself, he spent too long chatting and not enough on sleeping. "Anyways, I'm tired. Night."
As Greenfur turned over to sleep, Stoatdance was left to think of his words. She stared at the wall of the den, gears working within her mind. You're too soft. The words dug into her, pulling her to a newfound determination. Just outshine Turdfur... be a little more selfish, will you? The she-cat flicked her tail, her eye narrowing as she began to formulate a plan. Of course, that was her issue! Stoatdance was far too soft, she cared about others too much, even risking her life for those she doesn't even know all that much! It would always come back to bite her in the ass one day, and it finally had. A smile curled up on her lips, ears swiveling to lay flat against her head. She would show Lionstar and Dirtfur that she was the best!
She lifted herself to her paws, pupil a simple slit as she made her way out of the den. Stoatdance's tail lashed back and forth, her head held high as she left Greenfur to rest alone in the den. I'm too soft? Alright, Lionstar. I'll show you that I'm not some mouse-brained softy. The she-cat smirked. Her pawsteps were confident and sure, the ache in her shoulder forgotten as she made her way towards the leader's den. However, she stopped as she approached it, an idea suddenly formulating. She didn't need to ask to get back to her duties, she just would! Her wound was healed enough to do simple work, such as border patrols. So Stoatdance let a glare be sent toward the leader's den before she spun around and walked out of camp.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old January 24th, 2020, 09:24 AM

My Mood: Dreaming

She didn't want to talk.. She just wanted to make sure she was alive. Didn't much care if she was hurt- that was her fault.. But at the very least, she hoped she wasn't dead. But what if she was? What'd she do? Cry? Beetlepaw didn't think she could ever cry again.. Every last tear she had left to shed had been wrung out of her. There was no point in being upset anymore.. it didn't change anything- it certainly didn't help anything and it just made her feel bad. It was needlessly wasted energy in the end.

And what would she do if she was alive?

It didn't matter now, she'd already arrived. Beetlepaw poked her head through the entrance and searched for that familiar scarred face.

@hxneysuckle

Mistyfern / Sunspark

Finder
(character site is still a wip &
is probably missing information)
Old January 24th, 2020, 10:06 AM
the tale of six.

[ @Xeno ]

Stoatdance had been curled up in her nest, facing the entrance with her eye closed. The sound of cats entering and leaving did nothing to stir the warrior from her mock rest, refusing to open her eye despite not really being asleep. She didn't want to interact with anyone, all she wished to do was think. It had been impossible for her to sleep since the raid, her shoulder holding a constant ache that only served to keep her awake. The she-cat's tail twitched over her side, chest rising and falling with a sense of peace. But her mind was a storm, crashing and booming and raging inside her head.
She had been restless since her talk with Lionstar. Her heart refused to let go of the utter fury it had grasped. A frown had made its seemingly permanent residence upon her expression, her eye sending a glare to anyone who spoke to her. Stoatdance was unaware of Bugpaw's presence, unmoving and unresponsive as the apprentice poked her head into the warrior's den. A quiet rumble was resonating from her chest, her thoughts running wild as she replayed the events of her conversation with Lionstar again and again. Anger bubbled within her once more, ready to burst at any moment. Anything could have made her explode.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old January 24th, 2020, 10:25 AM

My Mood: Dreaming

There she was, sleeping apparently. Or.. maybe not. Maybe she was just thinking about the battle.. Beetlepaw let out a little feathery sigh and then swallowed. At first she considered just turning and leaving her to rest, but something rooted her paws to the ground. Was it guilt that pricked at her chest? She didn’t want to feel guilty.. She didn’t want to feel anything. “Stoatdance..” She paused. What came next? “Sorry”? Beetlepaw didn’t apologize. She hated apologies. “..Hi.

Maybe she just came looking for attention from someone who might’ve actually been glad to see her alive..

@hxneysuckle

Mistyfern / Sunspark

Finder
(character site is still a wip &
is probably missing information)

Last edited by Jesse; January 24th, 2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old January 24th, 2020, 01:14 PM
the tale of six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
There she was, sleeping apparently. Or.. maybe not. Maybe she was just thinking about the battle.. Beetlepaw let out a little feathery sigh and then swallowed. At first she considered just turning and leaving her to rest, but something rooted her paws to the ground. Was it guilt that pricked at her chest? She didn’t want to feel guilty.. She didn’t want to feel anything. “Stoatdance..” She paused. What came next? “Sorry”? Beetlepaw didn’t apologize. She hated apologies. “..Hi."

Maybe she just came looking for attention from someone who might’ve actually been glad to see her alive..

@hxneysuckle
A familiar voice reached her ears, causing them to perk. Her eye slowly slid open, blinking in the dim light of the den, coming to focus on Bugpaw. It immediately narrowed as she realized that the source of her anger was directly in front of her, frown deepening on her lips. Her claws sunk into the nest below her and she raised her head to glare down at the apprentice, lips pulling back into a sneer. "Hello, Bugpaw." She spat the name like it was poison, her tail unfurling from her side and lashing against the ground. Stoatdance then rose to a sitting position, pupil a mere slit while her gaze focused on the young she-cat. "What brings you here?"

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old January 24th, 2020, 02:57 PM
Peppermint Pudding

My Mood: Twisted

[QUOTE=Dirtfur;632807]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperkins View Post

Dirtfur watched as the young warrior sat by him. He doesn't radiate any nerves when his clanmates gets too close to him. He doesn't have a space bubble unlike his friends so he doesn't mind; but that wasn't why Dirtfur looked anxious as the grey molly sat next to the deputy, it was because he could tell that Raccoontail wants to know more. Her soft question smooths the deputy's worries about his position. Then the she-cat demanded her old friend to talk to her like a real friend. Nodding reluctantly, he explained his actions, "Alright, I'm just worry that I'll mess up as a deputy."
She nodded, understanding imediately. "Well you can't let your new job get the worst of you," she meowed softly, trying to comfort him. Yeah, not her strong suit. As usual to her personality, she snickered a bit and smiled at him, "I'm sorry, it's just, not even two moons ago you were instructing me to cover myself in dirt!" Raccoontail honestly made no sense, but that was her personal wall keeping her from feeling any other way but good. Strange, but normal to her. "Oh Starclan, where did the time go," she sighed, wiping small tears out her eyes.

"Kindness is like sugar. It makes life taste a little sweeter"
Carla Yerovi

Character Site | Shooting Stars

I will not respond to one liners or five word responses.