Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 12:44 AM

Old May 10th, 2024, 05:13 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Default Re: The Shadowledge

Stagskull

Stagskull sat down quickly. She had gotten there a little bit before Dawnstar had called her name. A guard? She was trusted to be a guard! A small gasp escaped Stagskull's lips at the promotion. That also meant she got to spend more time with Mistlewhisker if the time was right!

@Mica

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page
Old May 10th, 2024, 07:53 PM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Darkfall: "The Spectre"

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3) | Ultimate Predator: Inactive | Hulk SMASH! [Inactive]

CW: Dissociation

Having taken some time to tend to his wounds, The Spectre belatedly limped into the camp. Ah, it appeared as though he was late – the meeting having already started and all. Sporting a hoard of new scrapes and scratches, he joined the rest of the clan beneath the Shadowledge (being sure to take up a spot in the very back). Some of the scratches on his face still had blood crusted over them, however, he would get them looked at properly after the meeting. He had caught bits and pieces of the contents of what was said, however, there wasn’t much he heard. One thing he had managed to catch that stood out above everything else was that Lostspark had decided to take a new apprentice, a former fish-lover it seemed. Of course, that was right on par with how she acted, The Spectre noted. The healer was always taking in others and neglecting her loved ones order to give them attention (a thought that earned a brief spark in the back corners of his mind). He couldn’t help the sneer that drew itself on his face as he cast a dubious glance in the direction of this “Rookpaw”.

The massive tom’s brow raised slightly at the news that Lostspark was planning on rejoining the enforcers. That was a development he hadn’t quite expected, however, with Darkfall’s memories, he was able to determine that this was also something that was in line with the she-cat’s personality. Lostspark had never been one who wanted to be tied down by mundane tasks, always striving for more, always looking for something else. Keeping that in mind, it made sense that she wouldn’t be satisfied with the pathetic excuse for a warrior that was Darkfall. He couldn’t help but wonder if Lostspark was going to try to use this change in rank as a way to eventually move up to deputy.

The Spectre’s ears perked as the next piece of information was presented. Mistlewhisker was to be deputy? An excellent choice if he did say so himself! Of course, should the position have been vacant any longer, he was planning on picking up Darkfall’s earlier slack and aim for the position himself. He’d have to be sure to congratulate the older warrior on her promotion, both he and the part of him that he locked away held immense respect for the one-eyed she-cat.

Moonmeadow and Shrewstep would be joining the enforcers, a welcome change. He hadn’t gotten to know either particularly well, given Darkfall’s avoidance of any and everyone that wasn’t Mistlewhisker, but he was sure it would all work out. Being able to have more cats within their ranks, would surely straighten the enforcers out as a whole. He would have to up his game if he didn’t want to find himself replaced. With that, a hoard of cats were now being promoted to guard. Gosh, what a headache. Yellowtwist, he was wary of, but Stagskull and Darkcloud would surely do well enough. Midnightpaw, Sleepypaw, and Squirrelpaw were interesting choices as well, however, he could see the appeal behind giving them some responsibility. Midnightpaw in particular was an excellent apprentice who would make a fine warrior once she received her full name. Well, as the head guard, he figured he’d have to meet with them sometime after the meeting as well in order to give them a rundown of their responsibilities. Stars above, he hoped they wouldn’t disappoint him like the last group did.

The news of the situation in the clearing drew a low growl from the tom. Why hadn’t anyone alerted one of the enforcers so that the situation could be dealt with? When had the clan been filled with a bunch of bumbling idiots? Ugh. He hoped that the addition of new guards and enforcers would be able to prevent a situation like that from escalating in the future. Negativity aside, it seemed Goopypaw would be made a warrior. He hadn’t seen how the young tom faired in the battle with the minks, however, it appeared as though it had been good enough to garner Dawnstar’s attention. Excellent, more warriors was always a positive. Tail flicking somewhat irritably, The Spectre waited for the conclusion of the meeting in silence.
[ OPEN ]

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; May 10th, 2024 at 07:54 PM.
Old May 10th, 2024, 07:56 PM
Welp I'm air not water

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Bored

Moonkit shivered, remembering what had happened with Silverpaw. She understood why he had been executed.... but she wished she hadn't seen it. Or that he could have at least been exiled, which would have been better than executed. At least she wouldn't have seen at cat killed then.....
Old May 10th, 2024, 08:31 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Cringing slightly to herself as Bleedingkit's lack of apprentice name became her fault, Lostspark instantly released the little kit. Her ears wanted to pin back against her skull with shame - another mistake, she had made another one. if Bleedingkit didn't get his name, it'd be her fault - but Lostspark kept them upright. Her gaze drifted to Fogpaw briefly, the topic of Heronpaw reminding Lostspark that she too had not seen her daughter for a while. . . but what was Lostspark to do about it? Heronpaw had made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with her biological mother, and so Lostspark would respect those wishes.

She would not interfere where she was clearly not wanted, regardless how much it made her heart shrivel with pain.

"...Good luck!"
She called after Bleedingkit, voice trailing off. At Dawnstar's announcements, Lostspark first gave Mossfreckle an encouraging smile, and then turned that same smile in Sleepypaw's direction when her eldest biological daughter was named a Guard. They would both carry on to be wonderful parts of ShadowClan. And Lostspark... she would endure... being here, among this pain and heartache and hurt. Being here, to offer her family her support, if they even cared to see it.

Looking down at Mirepaw upon the grey apprentice's gasp, Lostspark shifted slightly, hoping to draw her daughter between her front two paws in a hug, but also turning Mirepaw towards Dawnstar and away from her direction so the young she-cat would not spot her sad expression. Lowering her face so her cheek rested against the top of Mirepaw's head, Lostspark whispered; "No more plant den." She murmured against her daughter's ear, voice soft and slightly wobbly - against her will.

Lostspark's gaze turns haunted, her happy expression fading within moments. Her arms tighten unconsciously around Mirepaw. All the Medicine Cat role had brought her was grief and heartache. Nothing else. She'd been broken, she'd been underappreciated, her efforts ignored like they were nothing. And maybe it was her fault, maybe she should have never entertained Darkfall's affections, should have never yearned with all her heart for a large family that she could love and be loved by. And this was what she'd ended up with. She still loved them, but she didn't know what to do with that love anymore when it always was received wrong.

"Thank you, baby." She whispered softly as Mirepaw began to purr, and Lostspark dropped a gentle lick on the top of her daughter's head. "And I think you're going to grow up to be the best at whatever you decide to do."

[ @Rani - Bleedingkit / @taillow - Mirepaw / @Estelle - Sleepypaw Mention / @ellie - Mossfreckle Mention ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.

Last edited by Rose; May 10th, 2024 at 08:31 PM.
Old May 10th, 2024, 08:44 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty | Kitty Softpaws

The news kept getting better and better.

Lostspark would be returning to the Enforcers. A decent warrior he was bitter about losing to other duties, but she was back. That was what mattered. Although, he hoped the situation between she and Darkfall wouldn't hinder either of their work. That'd be something to keep an eye on. The other interesting aspect was the sudden threat to his assigned rank. Lostspark had been an Enforcer long before he, and she had experience he didn't have... she could challenge him for the lead at any time. He'd take it with grace, but she'd be foolish to think he'd step aside willingly. That dark presence would linger over his head for a while. He'd have to be prepared.

The most exciting news to come of the meeting thus far was the naming of Mistlewhisker for deputy. Hawkbite had approached the leader with her name and finally, she'd spoken it into existence. His green eyes gleamed as his head turned to seek out the dark she-cat in the crowd. If she happened to look in his direction, he'd mouth the word congrats and dip his head. [ @Mica ]

She'd won the race. A secret race that he started and never spoke of. He was certain she could feel the competition between them each day. Jealously would whip him at his core, but he'd find a way over it. He'd have to. At least this was a deputy he could stand behind. Better than the last in her first 30 seconds than that one's entirety.

Dawnstar moved on to assigning the new Enforcers and guards. Names he and the Enforcers had gotten together and presented to her. He was glad to see she was content with the choices. Hopefully none of them let them down. Hawkbite would be the first to set them in their places if they wanted to start slacking. There was no more room for that.

Next was dear Goopypaw. Hawkbite's eyes darted straight for the apprentice he'd grown oddly attached to. They hadn't interacted very often, but he had hopes for the apprentice where others hadn't. He'd defend that little dude day and night if put in the position. He eagerly awaited the naming, curious to know what name idea Dawnstar had in mind for him.

[ open ]

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old May 10th, 2024, 10:30 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Shadowclan Kit | He/Him | 4 Moons | Just a Scratch

It was understandable that Dawnstar passed over him, he was late after all, but Bleedingkits little head still sagged. He wasnt going to protest however, he wasnt some brat bad behaving kitten so he instead nodded and took his licks, padding back to join his Mama and Mirepaw and let others take center stage.

He was a little downcast but still mustered a smile at Mirepaw nodding and giving a "Yeah, maybe. And Im not gonna be sad anyways, even if Im not gonna be an apprentice for another moon it just means I get more time with Mama before I start my training! I like spending time with Mama, so thats not bad!" Speaking of Mama, the bengal was kinda confused on why she wasnt herb cat anymore too but also couldnt tell if Mama thought it was a good thing or a bad thing. "Well I just think this means Mama will be the greatest en-for-cerer now too! I think its good as long as youre happy!" The little kitten grinned up at the she cat, sitting pressed against her once more and face completely free of any kind of blame that her snuggling mightve held him up.

"Oooh Mama! This means you can join me in the nursery now that youre not sleeping in the plant den! I promise my nest in there is clean and Im good at sharing it!" Which the molly probably already knew given he spent only half of his nights in that nursery nest, the other half sneaking into Lostsparks nest in the medicine cats den whenever possible.

There were a bunch of other cats getting special ranks and stuff too however and Bleedingkit wasnt gonna be rude and not cheer for him even if he'd not gotten a rank up today, so quickly turned to call out with a chipper.
"Yay for Miss Mistlewhisker! Im sure you'll be a great deputy! Yay Shrewstep and Moonmeadow! Yay Stagskull, Yellowtwist, Darkcloud, Midnightpaw and Squirrelpaw! YAY SLEEPYPAW!!!!"
Ok so maybe the last one was a bit louder but that was his big sis!

@Rose @taillow @Estelle (sleepy mention)
Old May 11th, 2024, 10:36 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Midnightpaw
Shadowclan
She/her
85/100

The arrival of Batpaw was something that she still had to get used to–him being back after all of this time. Still, it was a… Welcome presence. Her green gaze shifted to him for a moment.

“Never a dull moment.” Was all she had to say before her eyes returned to the newly named apprentices. A part of her wished to shuffle closer to her companion, but she stayed rooted in place. “Fogpaw! Silkpaw!”

The next set of announcements were especially interesting. Apparently, Lostspark was stepping down from her current rank, leaving Mossfreckle to find a new apprentice within the next moon. Her eyes shifted to Batpaw for a moment–imagine this doofus being a medicine cat apprentice. Midnightpaw’s lips curled upwards into a smile for a moment, but only for a moment–and to an outsider, it would look like she was just smiling at him… But alas, she was making fun of him in that big brain of hers.

Returning her attention to the meeting however, her eyes found themselves locked onto Mistlewhisker–their new deputy. She thought that Mistlewhisker was a bit scary, but good nonetheless. A good deputy for Shadowclan to have, and she hoped that the new deputy would serve them well. There were some new enforcers too, Moonmeadow was one of them!

When her name was called on, she froze up, big green eyes darting up to look at Dawnstar. Had she done something wrong? Her name was called on with a pawful of others, whom she didn’t really associate with other that Yellowtwist who she had gone out hunting with one time…

Oh. She was to be a guard. Midnightpaw’s tail-tip twitched at the new responsibility that had been given to her. Although she could not leave camp, as she was still an apprentice, she was to keep a watchful eye within the camp to make sure there was no nonsense! Her eyes darted elsewhere, searching through the cloud for… Something. Someone, maybe. Someone to be proud of her. Alas, no mentor in sight, and definitely no father either. Instead, she returned her eyes to her leader upon the Shadowledge, heaving a sigh before she sat up straight once more.

[ @silver. - Batpaw ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old May 11th, 2024, 10:46 AM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

batpaw
he/him // 16 moons // shc apprentice
purrks: shadow fiend, burn baby burn
8/100

---

If only Batpaw cared about anything clan related aside from the apprentice at his side. Whether or not they got new warriors, a new deputy, new whatevers didn't mean anything to him. His attention is grabbed by the large molly when Midpaw's name leaves her mouth. All of a sudden he cared. A guard? How interesting. That meant that little Mid was climbing the social ranks of the clan like she wanted. And though he had no interest in following her he supposes it was a means for celebration nonetheless. The smile that had crossed her maw went unnoticed but the look on her face after the announcement and the way she looks through the crowd doesn't. Does it frustrate him? Obviously. He was right here! Who else would she be looking for? With a huff he shoulder bumps her, a grin worming it's way onto his features.

"Would you look at that. I guess all that hard work of yours really does pay off. Or well, it finally has anyway." He teases while his tail goes out of it's way to bap against her shoulder just as his own had done moments before. "We'll see if I actually listen to you, Miss Guard. Fufu... Nicely done, I suppose. Having that leader's eyes on you is no easy feat~"

midpaw | @Omari

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old May 11th, 2024, 10:53 AM
it's not a phase

Bump Policy: please do it like every 24ish hours, or earlier idrm
My Mood: Kingly

silverpaw
a blue lynx point with low white spotting and blue eyes
purrks: n/a
[1/100]

The tom flicked his tail. Mistlewhisker was the new deputy? And Lostspark was stepping down? Hmph. At least Vulturebreath or whatever his name was had been replaced. New Enforcers, new guards. "Mistlewhisker! Mistlewhisker!" he cheered, thumping his tail rythmatically. Silverpaw turned to Lostspark. "Hope you enjoy your retirement." he said with a brief flash of a smile.

leopard. trampled this place with cats | Rat(e)piales launches rats onto this sig

Character Creator! (read the description please, i just made a new version of someone else's game that had limited color options. it is their art, not mine!)
Old May 11th, 2024, 10:56 AM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Lynxshade
Shadowclan Enforcer
33 moons | she/her

Shadow Fiend | Primal Instincts | Beefed Up (T3) | Bilingual (T3)
Lynxshade couldn't help but wonder if it was a usual practice for warriors to switch from medicine cat duties to warriors'. It's been lots of time now since she'd arrived in Shadowclan, but this was the first time she witnessed such an odd change in ranks. She's an Enforcer now. I'll have to find a way to work with her.

The next announcement was even more astonishing. Mistlewhisker was going to be deputy! She turned her gaze to her fellow black-pelted friend and blinked silent congratulations, before raising her head to cheer for her alongside her clanmates. "Mistlewhisker! Mistlewhisker!" She had faith that this time, Shadowclan wouldn't lose its deputy so soon.

But this also meant something else. A wave of sadness washed over her as she realized that Mistlewhisker wouldn't work with her anymore as an Enforcer. Would she manage to get along with the others? But as she chewed over this, yet another announcement was made by Dawnstar. Two new Enforcers!
She had seen Shrewstep and Moonmeadow around, but she knew nothing of their personality. She fidgeted her paws uncomfortably. Why did she have to be so uncertain right now?

And so many new guards! Lynxshade almost felt dizzy with all these new names. In her opinion, the guards weren't really needed within Shadowclan. She had pondered so often why Dawnstar had decided to create this rank, but then she thought she could figure it out. If a cat thinks themselves of special, they're more likely to make themselves useful around the clan. To seek attention, and become more popular. Dawnstar's certainly thought through it.

Then, it was shocking to know that in her clan someone could ever think of beating up young kits. How in the world was Silverpaw raised? Maybe he was born outside, and he had never learned how to live in a clan?

Lynxshade decided to move away from her seat and search Hawkbite. Right now, he was the Enforcer she trusted most. Unfortunately, in her time in Shadowclan, she hadn't managed to get herself many friends.
She sat down beside the Commander and kept staring at her leader speaking. "What do you think, Hawkbite, of all these changes? That's quite a lot to take in, for a single meeting."