Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Starry Meadow
by Ian
Last post by Moonraven
Today 03:21 PM
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Moonraven
Today 03:01 PM
Sunset Grove
by Ian
Last post by Moonraven
Today 02:50 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by constellation
Today 02:48 PM
Closed Thread

Old May 20th, 2023, 08:13 AM

My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: The Sky, The Land, The River [RC Hunting Event]

Snowstripe smiiles and burries that catch then goes to find more prey

Snowstripe- RC Featherspirit-RC ~ ~ Lightpaw {Sunshine}- WC Leopardfire- WC

Old May 20th, 2023, 05:15 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!

Perhaps not one of water, but Gingerfrost has his eyes set on another vole. It is once again not prey of his assigned team but appears as though there aren't many birds (or squirrels) around at this time. Either that, or they're all already chased away due to the ruckus made by the large group of hunters. Even so, the tabby keeps up hope, catching whatever prey he can find. Certainly, the prey pile will be much fuller after this event - fun (for some, at least) and effective in prey catching. These types of events should be hosted more often. But with a huff Gingerfrost casts that thought aside, eyes locked on the four-legged creature. Silently he creeps closer and closer until he can almost touch it. Only instead of touching it, he leaps - and lands - with his paw of the vole's tail. Quickly the young deputy slaps another paw over the vole's back, swiftly following with a killing bite. That was... How many? Three or so pieces? He lost count. But luckily he'd been burying his catches within the same area, as he will do with this catch too.

Old May 22nd, 2023, 01:08 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

FERRETSNAP
fluffy brown and white tom with amber eyes.
he/him

Still very much ignoring the very existence of Wispwatcher, his eyes flitted around to search for more prey. Mm, it appeared the land prey of the area had been frightened off by their incessant talking. Lovely.

Spotting a squirrel high in the branches of a tree, Ferretsnap crouched, stalking toward the tree. He bunched his haunches, rear end wriggling before he launched himself into the air, snatching the little creature from the tree and landing on his paws once more. Simple. Easy. Hunting was his favorite, after all.
[ @ameko ]

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old May 22nd, 2023, 02:41 PM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

Wispwatcher »
Wispwatcher buried that bird next to the squirrel they'd caught—well, buried was perhaps too generous of a verb. It was more like they just brushed a bit of dirt over the carcass instead of actually hiding it from any potential prey-snatchers. Anyhow, they left their recent catch and scampered off in search of something more.

Oh, there was the ever-so-stoic Ferretsnap, snatching up a squirrel! "Ooh, nice catch," they meowed, slinking up to the tom, "but not as big as mine! A shame."

They flicked their tail against the other as they padded past them. Though they wouldn't mind chatting with them more, there was still prey just waiting to be caught! Wispwatcher's ears swiveled to the sound of a little mouse nearby and they crouched low, creeping towards the source. After a moment's hesitation, the white warrior leapt for the mouse and swiftly delivered a killing bite. Stomach growling, they smiled down at the now-dead mouse. The smell of fresh blood and prey was making them quite hungry.

[ @lio ]

lio was here ♥
Old May 22nd, 2023, 10:48 PM
the tale of six.

It's time for our final rolls!

Snowstripe [ @Silverfur & Co ] has rolled a 13!
You caught the assigned prey of your team! Good job! (2 points)

Gingerfrost [ @Estelle ] has rolled a 17!

Wispwatcher [ @ameko ] has rolled a 3!
Oh no! Looks like you miss your chance, and the prey escaped the clutches of your paws to live another day. Better luck next time! (0 points)

Ferretsnap [ @/lio ] has rolled a 16!

Not Rolled For:
All receive 0 points.

Smokepaw [ @Octavia! ] seems to have disappeared... again.

Final Standings:

The Land Team finishes with 16 points!
The River Team finishes with 14 points!
The Sky Team finishes with 13 points!

THE LAND TEAM WINS!

Please do not post until Ferretsnap has called everyone together once again.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old May 22nd, 2023, 11:32 PM
the tale of six.

Event [#event]

As the younger warrior slid into his personal space, Ferretsnap glared at them. Stars, he was regretting not saying no. Though it probably wouldn't have meant anything regardless- with how annoying Wispwatcher was, they most likely would have remained glued to his side no matter what he said. All he offered was a hefty sigh in response, not wishing to give this burr in his pelt the time of day. The challenge was almost over and he needed to get in a final catch.

Just his luck, a mouse darted out from beneath a bush, frightened by their presence. Amber eyes narrowed and as quick as a fish, Ferretsnap launched himself after the mouse. He sped along behind it, attention zeroed in on the little creature. Come on, come on... aha! He pushed himself to go faster, reaching his limit just in time to swipe a paw out and hook the mouse onto his claws. He quickly pinned it to the ground and gave a swift nip to its neck, finishing it off.

There. Done. He raised his head, mouse in jaws, and made his way back to Wispwatcher.

"Let's head back. The sun has begun to set," he stated, leaving no room for the other to speak before he was grabbing his prey and setting off. Thankfully, it was all small prey- though the squirrel and bird were a little tough, awkwardly being laid across his back as he walked. After a bit, he managed to return to the clearing. Setting down his prey in the center, he sat down and waited. Hopefully, the others would be arriving soon.

[ Small time skip to save time. ]

He waited a while before speaking again, having counted up the gathered prey. It was less than satisfactory, but those who still remained did well.

"It appears... many of you have disappeared. While I expected this, I am no less disappointed. But there is no time to waste, it is time to give the final scores of the challenge.

The Sky Team has finished in third place, with one remaining member. Congratulations to you, Gingerfrost. [ @Estelle ]

The River Team has finished in second place, also having one remaining member,
" he took a moment to breathe a sigh, shaking his head in disappointment, "Congratulations to you, Snowstripe. [ @Silverfur & Co ] You appear to have done well.

Lastly, the Land Team has finished in first place. Although I feel it is unfair to claim a win for the team I was on with one other member. So, I will extend sole congratulations to Wispwatcher. [ @ameko ]

That is all for this challenge. Feel free to take your prey to camp or remain out here for longer. I do not care what you do, this challenge is officially completed.
"

With that, he picked up his prey and began his trek back to camp, clearly disgruntled at the results of the challenge. It only served to reinforce his thoughts about the laziness of those in his Clan- something he would be determined to change.

[ Thank you for participating!! ]
[ I will be keeping this thread open for another 24 hours to allow responses before it will be closed. ]

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old May 23rd, 2023, 01:24 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!

Just as he buried his last piece of prey, something flew overhead, pulling the deputy's attention. It was a bird -- a sparrow, that had just landed behind him. ..Odd choice. But he wasn't complaining. Carefully, he scooped a last bit of soil over his prey piece, before slinking down into a crouch. The bird was going about it's day, calmly picking what must be some seeds on the ground -- though the tabby wouldn't know. Careful not to chase it away, Gingerfrost crept closer. Step by step, inch by inch, he drew nearer to the bird, claws unsheathing. Then at once, he pounced. Before the sparrow could even react, Gingerfrost had already locked its wings under his claws, quickly leaning down to bite its neck. That was it. And soon enough, only moments after, he heard Ferretsnap's call. Gingerfrost raised his head, bird still hanging limply from his maw, then left to collect the remaining onf his prey. Though, it might've taken two trips.

All his prey gathered, it was upsetting to see that there were only three other contestants left, including Ferretsnap, the organiser of this event. Honestly, he'd hoped for more felines to stay. Even he stayed. This was disappointing. Even more so, when he learned that his team (or he, now) lost. All that work for nothing. Sure, hunting isn't his speciality, but he would've enjoyed not loosing - but alas, he lost. And solemnly he had to return to camp. At least, on the bright side, RiverClan would have some extra prey tonight.

Old May 23rd, 2023, 04:23 AM

Snowstripe dipped her head in thanks when she was addressed and purs softly gathering her catches.

Snowstripe- RC Featherspirit-RC ~ ~ Lightpaw {Sunshine}- WC Leopardfire- WC

Old May 23rd, 2023, 10:55 PM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

Heartened by their earlier successes, Wispwatcher made an attempt to catch something else—and ended up with just dirt and air in their paws. Ah well, at least they had several other prey to show for this little event.

At Ferretsnap’s meow, Wispwatcher scooped up their spoils and followed closely behind the other. Really, only a few of them were left? They huffed in amusement, eyes flicking to the other cats that had gathered.

They grinned lazily when Ferretsnap congratulated them and padded forward to attempt to bap his shoulder with a paw. “Hey now—couldn’t have done it with you, pal!”

lio was here ♥

Last edited by ameko; May 23rd, 2023 at 11:02 PM.
Closed Thread