Last post by Fish
Today 01:36 AM

Old April 28th, 2020, 01:36 PM
❤❤❤

My Mood: Hungry
Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygirl View Post
softpaws bobbed tail twitched in annoyance a bit, "of course im ready." she mewed, softpaw dipped her paws into the water and waited for her mentor to get in and show her how to do this thing. The pond was pretty shallow, as expected..so this shouldn't be two hard.

@Flowstream
"Alright come right next to me..." Lightfeather waited for her apprentice to watch her. Lightfeather checked to see if Softpaw was paying attention, then whisPURRed, "Do you see that fish over there?" She lifted a paw and extended her claw to show her apprentice where there was a fish - a big one - making tiny ripples in the water near the cattails.

(eee)
Old April 28th, 2020, 09:53 PM
love bird.

Gender: I am a girly girl. UvU but not a grly girl? .-. i'm a tomboy. UvU
My Mood: Chatty

softpaw crouched and watched lightfeathers every movement, She studied her ever move. Softpaw didn't care if she looked weird, all she cared about was her warrior ceremony. softpaws eyes narrowed a bit as she waited for her mentor to make the kill.

@Flowstream

stay safe and wash your hands!

Roses are red
violets are blue
you can trust me...
because my hearts with you!
Old April 28th, 2020, 11:00 PM
❤❤❤

Quote:
softpaw crouched and watched lightfeathers every movement, She studied her ever move. Softpaw didn't care if she looked weird, all she cared about was her warrior ceremony. softpaws eyes narrowed a bit as she waited for her mentor to make the kill.

@Flowstream
"Now, you want to make sure your shadow doesn't show, else the fish will know you're there and swim away." Lightfeather did her best to keep the shadow from falling on the water, warning the fish it was about to die. She crouched at the edge to get a little bit closer, then, as quick as lightning, she thrust her paw into the water. As she pulled it out, on her wet, shiny claw was a silver fish gleaming in the sunlight. Lightfeather dropped it far from the pond to keep it from wriggling back into the pond and killed it with a final blow. With that, the fish went limp. "You got that all in your head?" She asked Softpaw in a kind voice. "If not, I can show you again."

(eee)
Old April 29th, 2020, 12:50 AM
love bird.

softpaw watched carefully and jumped back to get out of the way once her mentor had caught the rather large fish, she watched lightfeather make the final blow with a small nod, "no I got it." softpaw sort of retorted, with that softpaw crouched down, because of her small size...she didn't really have a shadow to scare away the bird brained fish...Softpaw crpet to a small patch of reeds where a pirch calmly swimming about. She lunged out, sending droplets flying as she gripped the fish in her jaws. she was kinda confused when it didn't die when she bit its spine...so she did the next best thing, she pulled her head back and slammed the fishes head onto a rock. It went limp rather quick as she dropped it, "told you I could do it." softpaw stated blankly and started grooming her paws.

@Flowstream

Roses are red
violets are blue
you can trust me...
Old April 29th, 2020, 01:02 AM
❤❤❤

Quote:
softpaw watched carefully and jumped back to get out of the way once her mentor had caught the rather large fish, she watched lightfeather make the final blow with a small nod, "no I got it." softpaw sort of retorted, with that softpaw crouched down, because of her small size...she didn't really have a shadow to scare away the bird brained fish...Softpaw crpet to a small patch of reeds where a pirch calmly swimming about. She lunged out, sending droplets flying as she gripped the fish in her jaws. she was kinda confused when it didn't die when she bit its spine...so she did the next best thing, she pulled her head back and slammed the fishes head onto a rock. It went limp rather quick as she dropped it, "told you I could do it." softpaw stated blankly and started grooming her paws.

@Flowstream
Lightfeather looked stunned. Sure, she should be praising her apprentice, but she was pretty sure something was wrong with Softpaw.
"Is something wrong? You seem... different than how I met you last," Lightfeather asked, concerned. Then, her gaze softened. "You can tell me anything. I won't be angry, I'm just worried." Yes, Lightfeather was truly worried. At camp, Softpaw told her that she was sad about missing out on the swimming lessons. Was that why the apprentice seemed strange? Or is it me?

(eee)
Old April 29th, 2020, 02:58 AM
love bird.

softpaw sighed in frustraion and decided to spill her thoughts, "I want to become a warrior early, but how am I supposed to do that when you can't battle train me." softpaw retorted, she glared at her mentor, "what good is a warrior who can't defend her clan...or even train a young cat such as myself how to protect herself!" softpaw spat, "I can't become a warrior early if my training is going this slow, and you can't even teach me fighting, hell Lionstar had to give me a separate cat to do that!" after she had finished she huffed and tried to breath. soon after many seconds she paused and realized how mean she was acting to poor lightfeather all that she just said...softpaw stared at her mentor with a shocked and sorry look, "lightfeather I.." softpaws words trailed off a bit.

@Flowstream

Roses are red
violets are blue
you can trust me...
Old April 29th, 2020, 03:13 AM
❤❤❤

Quote:
softpaw sighed in frustraion and decided to spill her thoughts, "I want to become a warrior early, but how am I supposed to do that when you can't battle train me." softpaw retorted, she glared at her mentor, "what good is a warrior who can't defend her clan...or even train a young cat such as myself how to protect herself!" softpaw spat, "I can't become a warrior early if my training is going this slow, and you can't even teach me fighting, hell Lionstar had to give me a separate cat to do that!" after she had finished she huffed and tried to breath. soon after many seconds she paused and realized how mean she was acting to poor lightfeather all that she just said...softpaw stared at her mentor with a shocked and sorry look, "lightfeather I.." softpaws words trailed off a bit.

@Flowstream
Lightfeather's eyes widened a bit. Did Softpaw really say that? She paced back and forth, muttering random thoughts to herself. Then, she sat down with her eyes clouded with sadness, saying, "Look, if you want another mentor, that's fine with me. It's not like I've ever been such a good cat." She thought about what the apprentice said she was sad about back at the camp, then told them, "Why don't you go see if the swimming sessions are still available? You'll be able to learn more there." Her voice started cracking. Panicked, she thought to herself, Don't cry! You can do it somewhere else! She was able to keep her sadness back, but as she spoke, her voice was bland. "I'll be right back." Lightfeather padded into the trees, looking for an empty place with no cats.

(eee)
Old April 29th, 2020, 12:46 PM
What even...

My Mood: Relaxed

There was the scent of pond water a short distance away as Brightwhisker trotted through the grass. Leading his young apprentice into the clearing with a knew drive of focus. It was shortly after the clan meeting, Ravenpaw's words still fresh in his head as he stared forward. The grass was thick and lush, the ground hard enough for good traction, but soft enough that neither he nor Harepaw would get too banged up should they fall during what he had planned.

Turning back to check on Harepaw, to make sure he was still following, the lynx point before he spoke.

"You ready for some sparring today?" he asked, trying to keep up a happy smile. This wasn't a time to let his personal matters get to him. He had to do right by Harepaw and be a proper mentor.
-- @Bluepetal

Last edited by Spiderfrost; April 29th, 2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old April 29th, 2020, 12:52 PM
♥~Baby Aspa~♥

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderfrost View Post
There was the scent of pond water a short distance away as Brightwhisker trotted through the grass. Leading his young apprentice into the clearing with a knew drive of focus. It was shortly after the clan meeting, Ravenpaw's words still fresh in his head as he stared forward. The grass was thick and lush, the ground hard enough for good traction, but soft enough that neither he nor Harepaw would get too banged up should they fall during what he had planned.

Turning back to check on Harepaw, to make sure he was still following, the lynx point before he spoke.

"You ready for some sparring today?" he asked, trying to keep up a happy smile. This wasn't a time to let his personal matters get to him. He had to do right by Harepaw and be a proper mentor.
-- @Bluepetal
Harepaw nodded. "My last mentor gave me only one battle training session, and she scared me when she charged at me!" Harepaw turned and smiled at Brightwhisker. He hoped he mistook the trouble in Brightwhisker's eyes.
Old April 29th, 2020, 01:25 PM
What even...

My Mood: Relaxed

Brightwhisker nodded, his smile quirked into a slightly more genuine expression at the younger toms admission.

"Yeah, going head on can be pretty scary when you first start learning." he continued walking along, checking out their surroundings before finally stopping. He could just see the cattail reeds that were located at the edge of the pond on riverclan territory. He sat down facing Harepaw and waiting for his apprentice to settle as well.

"Well, I hope you'll be releived to know I'm not in the habit of lunging at an apponent head on. Mostly because I don't have the build or fluffy enough pelt to withstand someones claws or teeth." he looked down at his short, pale fur.

"Today, we're going to be taking a more round about sparring. I thought it'd be a good way to also help you build up your leg strength." his tail swept across the clearing, a good sized meadow, from one direction there was an incline that lead into Lionsrange, in another came the faint sent of the sea where the Seastones would be.

"Think of it like a game of tag, I'll run, and I want you to try and catch me, tackle me. We'll fight to get the upper hand. No claws, and now biting though. Sound like fun?" It also went unsaid that it would certainly be a good way to get the apprentices mind working to find a way to tactically catch up to and take down a tom larger than them.

-- @Bluepetal

Last edited by Spiderfrost; April 29th, 2020 at 01:25 PM.