by taillow
Last post by wolfie
Today 03:18 PM

Old February 5th, 2020, 09:46 AM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

@sugardubes @Dirtfur
"ok fernpaw watch my movements closely " she meowed . With that she got into a hunters crouch . " and I'll do most of the hunting today since you need more time to learn how. But always try to balance your weight . Don't walk heavy either. And for mice, their scent is murky and seedy if that makes sense " she meowed. With a twitch of her nose the she cat began to prowl around for prey.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old February 5th, 2020, 01:37 PM
eternally tired

@ponyapan @Silhouettes

Juniperpounce was no where to be seen. Foxleaf sighed and told Dawnpaw "We had better head out. I don't see Juniperpounce anywhere." He said as he walked into Shadowclan territory. He was going to give Dawnpaw a short hunting lesson while there were out. As long as they were out, he might as well train her.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old February 5th, 2020, 02:35 PM
Won't be online cause bus

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermin View Post
"Okay," she simply agreed shrugging. As long you two don't abandon me or anything, I don't care where we go to hunt. Reminding herself from her first patrol, it was just her who carried out the last of duties. What a claw to the face. Grizzlypaw stuck close to Strawberrythorn and Cavehowl like a tick, there's no way for them to escape her this time. "Um..," her voice quickly died off. She wanted to question them if hoards of rats will be running a muck there. From the elder stories, a peaceful looking barn was a resting place for most travelling rogues but once night falls is when thousands of white eyes stare deep into your soul. No survivors. Only bones remained with the meat licked clean off from it. Fur bristled along her spine. "Uh, let's go..haha.."

[ @RedHead , @RuinsNight ]
Cavehowl shakes her head
"Do not be so afraid even if there was rats it should be fine as long as we do not handle the sitution in a idiotic way"
your spirit may break but it can be fixed you may be dragged down but you can get up you may feel like your drowning but you can float you may feel like your not worth it but you are and you may be a self doubter but its those who doubt themselves that find out more about themselves

and if you don't believe in yourself you will fall you never fail till you give up
Old February 5th, 2020, 02:54 PM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired

@Silhouettes @:Grimm:

It was true, Dawnpaw couldn't catch a wind of Juniperpounce anywhere, either. That was a shame... There was more safety in numbers, wasn't there? There could be a fox, a dog, or even an attack from another clan anywhere! Okay, no, calm down, Dawnpaw, calm down. As far as she could judge from the other cats' reaction to the Riverclan attack, it wasn't that much of a common occurance, so they would most likely be fine. Besides, they were training to know what to do if those situations happened.
Dawnpaw followed her mentor deeper into the territory. Her ears were perked, but she managed to keep her heart somewhat calm for once.

Please click my eggs!

Old February 5th, 2020, 02:59 PM
eternally tired

@Silhouettes @ponyapan

"Well, I think we've gone far enough now. Why don't we catch some prey?" Foxleaf asked. Without waiting for an answer he looked around for prey. He spotted a mouse, sniffing the ground. "Alright Dawnpaw." Foxleaf said as he crouched. "Crouch like me, walk very slowly towards that prey. Carful not to make a sound." He said as he neared the mouse. "Then, Pounce!" He said. Foxleaf pounced onto the mouse and gave it a quick bite to kill it. "And that, is one way to catch prey!" He exclaimed. "And make sure to cover it with dirt to come back for it later." He said. He covered the mouse and started looking for more prey that Dawnpaw could catch.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old February 5th, 2020, 03:22 PM
~Fae of the forest~

@Silhouettes @:Grimm:

A little behind Foxleaf, Dawnpaw mimicked her mentor step by step. The silent part wasn't that big of a problem, as a lot of Shadowclan cats had a habit of treading lightly at all times, which Dawnpaw had picked up on already. Exaggerating the light steps to a maximum, and trying to remember how to track the mouse, she watched as her mentor quickly pounced at it.

She guessed it was her turn, now. Okay, deep breaths. When her mentor scented the air, Dawnpaw did the same, and actually caught the scent of a mouse not to far away.
"Um, should I try to catch that mouse over there?" Dawnpaw asked, hoping Foxleaf wouldn't be too disappointed if she failed.

Please click my eggs!

Old February 5th, 2020, 03:29 PM
eternally tired

@ponyapan @Silhouettes

"Yes!" Foxleaf said. "Now, remember what I just taught you." He said. He was excited to see Dawnpaw kill her first prey to bring home. "Mice are stupid, they won't know you're there until its too late. Unless you make a sound. So be super carful about that." Foxleaf backed up a bit to give Dawnpaw some space.
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old February 5th, 2020, 03:54 PM
~Fae of the forest~

(Oops, forgot to mention you! @Silhouettes @:Grimm:)

"Okay, I will do my best," she said, padding closer.
At first, it went well- The mouse was an energetic one, darting back and forth over a root. Fortunately, that meant it was too busy to notice Dawnpaw, as Foxleaf had said it would. The fallen pine needles softened her already quiet footsteps, that she concentrated on as much as she could. Dawnpaw could do this. Creeping closer, the stress went from a distant echo, to a rapid pounding. When it was properly in her sight, her pelt was practically spikes jutting out into the air. What if I miss? What if I never become a warrior? What if I dissapoint my mother? Then, Dawnpaw was suddenly in front of it, and she had to swipe down before it noticed her with a shaky paw-
and she missed. Her paw struck the open air and sunk into the ground, immedietely notifying the mouse that scrambled off into security. Dawnpaw felt her pelt grow hotter where she stood.

Please click my eggs!

Last edited by ponyapan; February 5th, 2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old February 5th, 2020, 04:57 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

@GoldenWolf

the warrior led the younger cat out of camp, walking silence for a mild amount of time. she was debating on requesting larkpaw get a different mentor but decided it would be fun to play around a bit. kits were entertaining at least. the ssheeplight stretch her limbs, yawning-- she turn around to look at larkpaw. her eyes glancing drowsily at her uh new apprentice. "not sure how far you got with your old mentor but, " she paused-- straightening her position. "show me your hunting crouch, if you know it at least, " she stated, hoping larkpaw wasn't that behind. that would be a doozy to teach.. sheeplight sniffed the air, her ears perking for any sounds or scents hinting there was prey nearby. she returned her emerald gaze back to larkpaw.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc
Old February 5th, 2020, 10:51 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post
"You'll tell Icestar that you two got attacked by a dog, and Peachpaw was killed tryna protect you. Don't tell her you did it-- that ain't only a lie, but she'll lose her trust in you 'cause you're from RiverClan and she was hesitant about you to begin with.

"Lionstar? You don't have to tell him anythin' if you don't want to. You can stop meetin' him, or if you do meet him.. tell him you're done bein' his goddamn pawn. Never let someone tell you what you can and can't do. You are a medicine cat, Bearpaw-- not a slave. Keep your head above the water and you ain't gonna drown under the expectations of others. You are in control -- don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Thunderhowl turned from Bearpaw, beginning to hobble back in the direction of camp. "We're goin' back to camp and takin' stock of what we got left. I had that apprentice in the den resume her trainin' with that Beast..blaze.. whatshisname. Don't let her go back to bein' stuck in a den over that leg, she needs to use it in order to regain her mobility.

"Once we know what we have herb-wise, we're gonna head back out here to try to restock what little we can. I'm hopin' we can at least find some mushrooms, those're handy for a few things."

[ @Fae ]
Well, that was some damn good advice...looks like Bearpaw just needed to take better control of his life from now on. There was no point in even telling Lionstar, but Icestar needed to know about Peachpaw...and while he knew that wouldn't go well, he felt a little more confident in himself. His pushover days were in the past now.

Giving a nod, Bearpaw padded after Thunderhowl before he hobbled off without him. "Yes, sir...uh, mushrooms? What're those for?"