Last post by Bean
Today 06:58 PM
Pinepaw's Finder!
by glitch
Last post by glitch
Today 06:44 PM

Old November 2nd, 2023, 08:25 AM
VM me STARS

Bump Policy: Whenever you think is appropriate.
My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: Willow's Rise

Berryfall happy with her catch decided to leave the mouse next to Woodpaw and went back to searching for more prey; she dropped the mouse at his paws gaurd the mouse she said I'll search for more, without waiting for a response she bounded off into the distance; 8 tail lengths away Berryfall stopped; she opened her mouth slightly and tasted the air for any prey; thrushes she meows quietly to herself; she goes into a hunters crouch her belly fur brushing the ground, she slowly moves forward, the thrush was quietly sitting on a lower branch, she moves 4 more steps toward the bird, she prepares herself to pounce, 3...2...1.. GO! she uses all her energy in her hind legs and pounces at the thrush, in mid air her mouth comes into contact with the feathers of the thrush, landing on her 4 paws she bites gently down on the thrush to stop it from moving. She begins to walk towards woodpaw when she feels a searing pain in her left hind leg, I think I broke it, she meows to herself; she limps slowly wincing at each step, Woodpaw I'm heading back to camps, make sure to bring the mouse!, she meows trying her best to ignore the pain, she then heads back to camps happy with her catch, while sacrificing her leg.
Old November 4th, 2023, 04:33 PM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber2010 View Post
In the sunny spot by the big willow tree called Willow's Rise, Berryfall, the grey cat with black paws and a black-tipped tail, went hunting with Woodpaw. This place was good for resting and also good for finding food, like mice.

Berryfall saw a mouse not too far away. She signaled her tail pointing to the mouse indicating that she will attempt to catch it, without making any noise and slowly started moving towards the mouse. She got low and sneaky, ready to catch it, her underbelly brushing the soft green grass, moving one paw at a time she got ready to pounce.

The mouse was busy looking for food and didn’t notice Berryfall. She jumped using up all her energy in her back legs and caught the mouse in her mouth. She used her sharp teeth bit down gently so that the mouse stopped moving,

After catching the mouse, Berryfall looked back at Woodpaw, happy and proud. She carried the mouse in her mouth back to Woodpaw to show what she caught.

@GhostCop
Flanks already heaving after the walk here, Woodpaw watched the older cat as she almost effortlessly took out a mouse and came over to show him. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do now. He offered her what was probably the smallest and most unpracticed smile in the history of the clans, but he didn't even look at her, too consumed with shame that he could never do what she had just done.
Maybe he could slip away, and pretend at least, to hunt. It was almost leaf-bare now, wasn't it? Prey would be in short supplies, wouldn't it? So he really should be trying to catch something, otherwise he was more of a hinder than a help. Not worth even feeding. That is why he was so skinny; he refused to eat more than the bare minimum to keep him alive.
He spotted, almost by accident, another mouse. This was it. His first catch. He had to do this. It hadn't noticed him. He crept forward. Leaped. His claws flashed, the mouse shrieked. Then he was lying in the dirt where it had been, defeated. Woodpaw didn't want to get up. The mouse had gotten away.

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old November 5th, 2023, 12:58 AM
VM me STARS

Bump Policy: Whenever you think is appropriate.
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingRabbit View Post
Flanks already heaving after the walk here, Woodpaw watched the older cat as she almost effortlessly took out a mouse and came over to show him. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do now. He offered her what was probably the smallest and most unpracticed smile in the history of the clans, but he didn't even look at her, too consumed with shame that he could never do what she had just done.
Maybe he could slip away, and pretend at least, to hunt. It was almost leaf-bare now, wasn't it? Prey would be in short supplies, wouldn't it? So he really should be trying to catch something, otherwise he was more of a hinder than a help. Not worth even feeding. That is why he was so skinny; he refused to eat more than the bare minimum to keep him alive.
He spotted, almost by accident, another mouse. This was it. His first catch. He had to do this. It hadn't noticed him. He crept forward. Leaped. His claws flashed, the mouse shrieked. Then he was lying in the dirt where it had been, defeated. Woodpaw didn't want to get up. The mouse had gotten away.
Berryfall noticed the young tom attempting to catch the mouse, ouch she meowed to herself as he missed it; she padded over to him dropping her vole right next to the mouse she had caught earlier, I should probably help him out she thought to herself; although she wasn't his mentor giving a bit of feedback isn't wrong.. right? Nice try Woodpaw she said in the most enthusiastic tone she could do, maybe next time crouch closer to the ground so the mouse can't see you and go closer to the prey/mouse so that it's easier for you to attack! hopefully she had given the right advice, It's ok! I was just like you when I was an apprentice! she meowed
Want to give it another try? or should we head back to camps? she asked.
Old November 19th, 2023, 05:38 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

@poppy - redpaw @Galaxy_ - sagefern

Bitterblink quickly led the patrol to willow's rise, paying respect to the fallen before grabbing some parsley(+2) and a few cobwebs(+2).

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old November 19th, 2023, 10:55 PM

My Mood: Relaxed

✧˚*̥ C O U G A R S H A D E *̥˚✧
she-cat ✧ warrior ✧ thunderclan

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The night air was crisp, sending Cougarshade’s breath aloft in coiling wisps of steam. The cool ground nipped at her paw pads, bringing a rippling shiver along her spine. She was missing Greenleaf, what she wouldn’t give for a nice warm day and a place to sun herself, but hunting in this nippy leaf-fall weather would have to do. Luckily the sky was clear, the moon and the glimmering of silverpelt lit her path to large willow outside of camp.

With the threat of poisoned prey still plaguing Thunderclan, Cougarshade had her reservations hunting in the areas near the borders, especially the border to Riverclan. While she couldn’t be sure the effected prey wasn’t widespread throughout the territory by now, she still wanted to play it safe and hunt closer to camp. She wasn’t taking any chances. Looking up to silverpelt, she sent a silent prayer to Starclan. ‘Starclan, please guide my paws to bring safe prey back for our clan’. Her faith in Starclan was still strong, despite the misfortune and distress that had befallen their clan as of late. She had to keep her faith strong, they would never turn their backs on Thunderclan. Maybe they were angry, maybe there is a reason for this madness, maybe there isn’t, but what did she know? She was no medicine cat. The most she could do was keep her faith strong, fight for her clan, care for her clan.

With her hopes high she crept her way through the grass, careful not to make too much sound with her feathery tail. Despite being close to camp she kept herself on high alert, she never knew who to trust or who might have slipped across the border into their territory. Her dark ears swiveled and she tasted the air, no scents of enemy cats or outsiders. After the latest bout of fatal skirmishes and with tensions between clans so high, at least she felt safer hunting solo in Willow’s Rise than around the rest of the territory. The rosetted she-cat slinked close to the base of the tree, still listening closely and scenting for prey. She waited, still as a stone, until a few minutes pass. A scuffling sound makes her whiskers twitch, her pupils growing large as her primal drive to hunt filled her with anticipation. Steam spiraled from parted jaws, the scent of mouse enveloping her senses. She was careful not to let the tip of her tail thrash in concentration as she listened carefully to pinpoint her prey.

The mouse, who was carefully sorting through discarded nut and seed casings from the birds, had no clue it was being watched. Cougarshade had waited in the shadows of the draping willow branches in a still hunting crouch. Knowing the ground was filled with crunching shed leaves of trees readying for their leafbare slumber, she didn’t dare move from her post to stalk around. Last thing she needed was to scare all the prey away with crunching leaves under paw. After what felt like a freezing eternity passing by, the plump mouse had emerged from the base of the willow’s undulating network of massive twisting roots and she was ready. Her pale green eyes were on the prize, carefully pinpointing its distance from her. Rocking back on her haunches, she sprung forward in a strong pounce and swiftly pinned the mouse under her inky black paws. A quick nip ended it’s struggle beneath her paws and her eyes gleamed with victory. Another swift kill!

She took a few moments to give thanks to her prey, as well as sending a grateful gaze to silverpelt, before grooming her paws and face. Gently taking the mouse between her teeth, she turned back toward home. She hadn’t scented anything strange, so she hoped this mouse was free of poison. Her trek back to camp was set at a brisk trot to keep her from shivering. Having sat still so long she swore at one point her toes were getting numb, but after a few strides she started to warm back up. She couldn’t wait to get back to the warrior’s den, her warm nest waiting for her. Winding around the side of the camp barrier, she made her way to the entrance. Tipping her head to the cat guarding the camp entrance in a pleasant gesture, she padded her way into camp to deposit her mouse to the fresh kill pile.
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
- solo hunting patrol -
{ + 1 mouse }

Last edited by heirgloom; November 20th, 2023 at 04:27 PM.
Old November 20th, 2023, 10:28 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

You better run, run, run, here we come
Revving our engines under the sun

DawnShred
ThC Warrior
He/They
16 moons

DawnShred flicked his tail, padding to Willow's Rise to complete his punishment.

Slicked back hair man things are getting heavy!
You're cruisin' for a bruisin'

He looked around, flicking an ear as he listened for the sound of prey rusting around. They quickly heard something nearby, opening his mouth to try and catch the scent

I got these two wheels and an open road
Just pop that clutch, I'm ready to go!

He pinpointed what he heard; A vole just slightly northeast of them.

They dropped into a hunting crouch, making sure to avoid any sticks that may be lying around.

I gotta a gang full of brusiers, all crusin' with me!
And we're tearin' up, we're tearin' up, we're tearin up the streets!

He approached the small rodent, flicking an ear. He pounced, front paws thumping down on the critter.

They leaned in, giving a swift bite to the vole's neck.

+1 Vole

Don't stop, stop the music!
We ride fast like a bullet!

He muttered his thanks to StarClan, quickly burying the vole.

They began listening, looking, and scenting for other small creatures, knowing it would be easy to find atleast one other pest.

We just ride, ride, ride all day!
We're not gonna live any other way!

He quickly catches a mouse and a crow.

+1 Mouse, +1 Crow

I wish I was creative enough to actually write this dude catching more stuff

No, we're not gonna live any other way!
Oh no, we're not gonna live any other way! Oh!

Last edited by Ladiebugg; November 25th, 2023 at 03:16 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 09:13 AM
Hiatuses

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Festive1

"let's go home" sagefern meowed
Old December 3rd, 2023, 11:05 AM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Breezy

Nightgaze hanged out here for a few hours for her weekly monitoring.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old December 10th, 2023, 10:58 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

(cw: mentions of vomiting, morning sickness and grief over the loss of a child)
Dovefluff

It had take Dove half a day to inch her way to the Clan's graveyard, and then another short eternity for her to drag her massive stomach to the two too-small graves. She had thrown up multiple times (she had counted- she had thrown up 4 times and wanted to punch someone approximately 95 percent of the morning). The usually gentle molly was an absolute mess, her emotions were heightened and therefore she was growing increasingly more upset over being pregnant when she had two children that had went to their graves before she did. It didn't feel right. It went against nature, parents suffering the loss of a child. Or, a single mom suffering the loss of five children. And she only got to bury two, the other three were out there somewhere, and not a day went by that she didn't pine after them desperately.

Sinking to the ground beside the graves of her two deceased daughters, she gently cleaned off the two pretty headstones she had selected herself, blinking away tears. "I hope you're sleeping well, little birds." She whispered out, wincing as she felt a dull pain in her stomach. Some kit was kicking, as if reminding her that she couldn't just shut down and stay out here in the cold.

After silently crouching by the graves for a few moments, she rose to her paws and began the looooong, slow trek home.

[ @Estelle @Sakura. - for the mentions of echo and faith <33 ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old December 16th, 2023, 04:07 PM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Breezy

Nightgaze
Thunderclan Hornet

Sadness pricked at Nightgaze's heart as she sat quietly observing the many graves that were scattered across the piece of land. She'd been assigned to watching over this part of the territory but she hated it, it always made her sad making her think about her deceased clanmates yet she had to stay out here anyway just for a few hours...though it felt like forever.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^