Last post by zBlaze
Today 04:51 AM

Old October 17th, 2019, 02:31 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 4 days :D
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

@Skeleton Bliss Girl @Moonraven

Why so furious? That question was never answered by his mentor. Redpaw was behind Leaftail, thinking how lucky she was that nobody noticed her insult to the new leader. Don't let it happen again. "I'm here, Crowtail." Leaftail meowed. The edge of her words almost sounded a somewhat growl. "I'm here as well!" Redpaw reminded his mentor. The dappled warrior glared back at her apprentice in which Redpaw ignored. The red furball walked up to another apprentice "Hello! I'm Redpaw." he greeted to Softpaw. "Don't mind my mentor, she just being furious that Icestar is our leader."

Char Site updated (10/11/22), added Blazingpaw and Goldenkit!

During most or few roleplays, I will do a flashback that was conjured in my characters' thoughts. Please do not respond to the flashback unless you have the power to read minds or smth.

No no word
Old October 18th, 2019, 05:13 AM
Boop!

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post

Hailstorm calmed herself, allowing her guard to drop if only just a small amount. She sat on the soft earth beneath her, wrapping her feathery tail around her paws.
"Yeah, I wouldn't mind just staying here for a while. I can't stand the thought of being around the camp any more than I have to be." She shook her head slowly. Lifting her nose to the wind, she took in a deep breath of fresh air. There was still the acrid tang of ash in the air as half the territory recovered from the fire. She had brought the duo closer to the RiverClan side of the territory, where the fire had not reached. She could smell the salty ocean breeze ever so faintly, and it seemed to do its best to cover up the scent of devastation that reeked through the ShadowClan territory.

Crowsight sighed out inaudibly, shifting his form around to go down to a seat, black tail wrapping over black paws. His blue eyes observed Hailstorm with interest, wondering how the leader's daughter could have turned out this way. His own parents had never been present and for that he had grown a hatred for them, but what if it had been for the better? He could only speculate.
"Have they always been like this? Your mother and sister I mean." He asked, tilting his head and offering a soft cat smile to the other warrior. He'd already noticed how she seemed to take a while to trust, with how she still appeared to have her guard up at least a bit. He wanted her to understand that he was on her side, alas the black warrior did not have much social experience and thus might've just ended out coming out as awkward, though he tried his best.
Old October 18th, 2019, 10:51 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post

Crowsight sighed out inaudibly, shifting his form around to go down to a seat, black tail wrapping over black paws. His blue eyes observed Hailstorm with interest, wondering how the leader's daughter could have turned out this way. His own parents had never been present and for that he had grown a hatred for them, but what if it had been for the better? He could only speculate.
"Have they always been like this? Your mother and sister I mean." He asked, tilting his head and offering a soft cat smile to the other warrior. He'd already noticed how she seemed to take a while to trust, with how she still appeared to have her guard up at least a bit. He wanted her to understand that he was on her side, alas the black warrior did not have much social experience and thus might've just ended out coming out as awkward, though he tried his best.

"My mother, yes. She's always been so...cold and reserved." Hailstorm was normally quite touchy about such things and didn't share personal details so readily, but it was so rare that anybody asked her how she was doing. So long since somebody acted like they cared. She found herself spilling her guts as if the floodgates had opened. "I had a little brother, you know. Tinykit. She named him after how small and weak he was. He got sick, and she decided she'd rather save her milk for her "stronger" kits. He died from her neglect."

She didn't remember Tinykit that much, and what she did remember of him was a puny, underweight, sickly little creature. He did not survive for very long, especially due to rejection by their own mother.
"As for my sister, she was groomed to be the way that she is. We used to be much closer, before my mother decided she was the favorite. She focused all her influence on her, and made her a little carbon copy of herself. Sometimes I'm glad that I'm not the favorite. I can't imagine being like that."

Really, Hailstorm loved her sister. Even if her personality was lackluster like that of Icestar, Dawnstripe had always at least tried to make Hailstorm feel included. The sisters got along, and honestly cared about each other. It sometimes just felt like the brown tabby was so far out of her reach, up on that high pedestal their mother had put her on.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old October 18th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Boop!

Quote:
"My mother, yes. She's always been so...cold and reserved." Hailstorm was normally quite touchy about such things and didn't share personal details so readily, but it was so rare that anybody asked her how she was doing. So long since somebody acted like they cared. She found herself spilling her guts as if the floodgates had opened. "I had a little brother, you know. Tinykit. She named him after how small and weak he was. He got sick, and she decided she'd rather save her milk for her "stronger" kits. He died from her neglect."

She didn't remember Tinykit that much, and what she did remember of him was a puny, underweight, sickly little creature. He did not survive for very long, especially due to rejection by their own mother.
"As for my sister, she was groomed to be the way that she is. We used to be much closer, before my mother decided she was the favorite. She focused all her influence on her, and made her a little carbon copy of herself. Sometimes I'm glad that I'm not the favorite. I can't imagine being like that."

Really, Hailstorm loved her sister. Even if her personality was lackluster like that of Icestar, Dawnstripe had always at least tried to make Hailstorm feel included. The sisters got along, and honestly cared about each other. It sometimes just felt like the brown tabby was so far out of her reach, up on that high pedestal their mother had put her on.

Tinykit. The name itself spoke on it's own. Crowsight shook his head with an inaudible sigh. To think someone would just let their kit die like that. Even abandoning them, alive, was better than neglecting a sick kit. This just gave even more show to how macabre a cat Iceheart really was. Crowsight found himself concentrating more on Hailstorm than he had done any other cat. Whilst the conversation wasn't deep and intelligent just yet, it for sure wasn't boring either.
A shadow in the corner of his eye caught his attention. Something tiny was watching them by the foot of a nearby tree. It was the size of a mouse, but had the shape of a feline. Crowsight blinked his eyes and looked straight at it, to be met by the sight of a small, sickly looking kit. After the next blink of his eyes, the kit was gone. The black warrior stared at the trunk of the tree for quite a few moments longer before shaking his head. Better not mention that or I won't be alone in my thought of this being me going crazy.. He thought to himself, turning his attention back to the gray, live cat.
Hoping she hadn't paid much attention to his weird staring, he decided to speak himself. "I don't know anything about my own family. I wish I did, and with this new change of leadership it only worries me more. What if I'm of outsider blood, and it is somehow revealed. Does she strive to drive out the ones not born in the clan I wonder?" He spoke only partly to Hailstorm, and partly to himself im thought.

(For your information, the kit is Tinykit and only visible for Crowsight, it is his belated power kicking in!)
Old October 18th, 2019, 12:23 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:

Tinykit. The name itself spoke on it's own. Crowsight shook his head with an inaudible sigh. To think someone would just let their kit die like that. Even abandoning them, alive, was better than neglecting a sick kit. This just gave even more show to how macabre a cat Iceheart really was. Crowsight found himself concentrating more on Hailstorm than he had done any other cat. Whilst the conversation wasn't deep and intelligent just yet, it for sure wasn't boring either.
A shadow in the corner of his eye caught his attention. Something tiny was watching them by the foot of a nearby tree. It was the size of a mouse, but had the shape of a feline. Crowsight blinked his eyes and looked straight at it, to be met by the sight of a small, sickly looking kit. After the next blink of his eyes, the kit was gone. The black warrior stared at the trunk of the tree for quite a few moments longer before shaking his head. Better not mention that or I won't be alone in my thought of this being me going crazy.. He thought to himself, turning his attention back to the gray, live cat.
Hoping she hadn't paid much attention to his weird staring, he decided to speak himself. "I don't know anything about my own family. I wish I did, and with this new change of leadership it only worries me more. What if I'm of outsider blood, and it is somehow revealed. Does she strive to drive out the ones not born in the clan I wonder?" He spoke only partly to Hailstorm, and partly to himself im thought.

(For your information, the kit is Tinykit and only visible for Crowsight, it is his belated power kicking in!)
(Ooh, how exciting! Does he have the power to see StarClan cats?)

"She may be cruel, but I doubt Icestar will be kicking out anybody unless they give her reason to," Hailstorm admitted. "She may be cruel, but she knows that if she drove out everyone who isn't pure ShadowClan, there would barely be anybody left. This is a clan full of mixed-bloods. Just don't let her catch you doing anything stupid and you should be fine." There was venom in her words, but none of it was directed at Crowsight. It was purely anger against her mother. She was too absorbed in her own self-pity to have noticed the black warrior's momentary distraction.
"I would have rather been an orphan than have had to grow up with her as my mother."

Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old October 18th, 2019, 02:14 PM
clearing away the dust

@Lonestar23

Icestar sighed begrudgingly as she padded out of the camp entrance, the blind she-cat following her. She'd have preferred not to be patrolling with Mistyeyes at all, but it had seemed that Crowtail had found tasks for every able-bodied warrior in the clan, leaving her with the disabled ones.

"Try not to get lost, okay?" She spoke impatiently, her mew tinged with a slight growl. "We'll be patrolling the ThunderClan border, since I assume that would be easiest for you. They're not likely to challenge us in their state, and you would be of absolutely no use in a border dispute." She did not bother censoring her thoughts, and told it like she saw it. She wasn't afraid of hurting any cat's feelings. If the blind cat couldn't take the heat, she should not have played with the fire by accepting a patrol with the cat who was well-known for being cruel.

Old October 18th, 2019, 02:48 PM
Boop!

Quote:
(Ooh, how exciting! Does he have the power to see StarClan cats?)

"She may be cruel, but I doubt Icestar will be kicking out anybody unless they give her reason to," Hailstorm admitted. "She may be cruel, but she knows that if she drove out everyone who isn't pure ShadowClan, there would barely be anybody left. This is a clan full of mixed-bloods. Just don't let her catch you doing anything stupid and you should be fine." There was venom in her words, but none of it was directed at Crowsight. It was purely anger against her mother. She was too absorbed in her own self-pity to have noticed the black warrior's momentary distraction.
"I would have rather been an orphan than have had to grow up with her as my mother."

(He has the power to 'see' the cats in the family of the cat he is concentrating on. In the beginning, this will be on accident and he'll be confused about it. I gave it to him for him to realize he's brother to Crowtail and through him see who his own family is!)

Snickering, Crowsight shook his head with the smallest of chuckles to follow. "It is curious how we all feel about certain things. I personally would've rather grown up with Iceheart as mother than the orphan I am. In that way, I would at least know who I am.." he muttered, giving Hailstorm a bit of a comforting glance to assure her that he did not mean this in any supportive way as to how her mother had raised her.
The black warrior took a glance around the territory and hissed. "Considering me doing stupid things.. I've plenty loner friends, and I worry greatly for them after Iceheart's speech.." He started, still stubborn enough not to call the leader by her new name, which to him was not the true one of such. He continued with a bit of carefulness to his voice, as if he did not fully trust Hailstorm not to go forward with what he was saying; "I've made it a habit to sleep in the territory rather than in camp, and have for a while now considered straight up leaving this clan to either be a loner or find another one. Another one where I wouldn't be wondering who I am, another clan where I could instead be known simply as the ShadowClanner gone their clan.. If that makes sense? I trust you not to speak of this, as it might very well get me thrown out for having such thoughts"
Old October 18th, 2019, 02:51 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by canine View Post

Fairthorn nodded. "Yes, there's a tension in the camp.. Something will happen, for certain." She looked at him, before absentmindedly letting her gaze drift to the pines. "And I feel it won't be good." She shifted her weight, flicking her tail to curl around the other side of her. That had come out more ominous than she'd wanted! Again, she was quiet, pondering. She sneaked a glance at the fellow ShadowClanner, curious. He was a quiet one.. What went on inside his head? It always seemed, to her, that the quiet cats were some of the most intelligent. They were always fun cats to know once they opened up. Was Smokestorm the same way? She wondered vaguely.
But it was time to change the subject for sure; this was too serious a topic for casual talk. And that was what it was.

Suddenly, the bombay rose to her paws, stretching-- she always had a hard time sitting still for too long. She was burning daylight. "What do you say about taking this rabbit back to camp with me? she asked, gesturing with her eyes to the rabbit." Then you could come hunting with me again. It would be easier to get prey," she offered, although it sounded more like she was telling him. But it always sounded like that, coming from her. Her decisions were just the best, that's all. "Perhaps you could make sure I stay in line this time," she added slyly, eyes twinkling with mischief, referring to her previous hunt.
Smokestorm rarely had a good feeling about change. It could be something as simple as the weather shifting, and he would start to feel uneasy. As far as he was concerned, any change could be dangerous. Especially when it came to the matter of leadership. There had been a lot of controversy over past leaders, and he had no doubt there would be controversy over future leaders. "We'll survive, though. Like we always do." ShadowClan had survived worse, and they would continue to survive worse. At the least, they weren't hosting another Clan like RiverClan was. Smokestorm wasn't sure he would've survived all those cats in one place.

"You have a point," He mewed, to her suggestion that he should go out hunting with her again. They could drop the rabbit off, and that way, they'd also get to spend more time together. Smokestorm was glad; he liked Fairthorn, and it was always nice to spend his time with a well-behaved clanmate. There were cats in the Clan who treated him badly (the same was true of everyone, though, he was sure), so spending time with one who didn't was always welcomed.

Her next words, however, caught him off guard. "I - well, I guess I could - that is to say -" He spluttered, trying to get his thoughts in order before he cleared his throat, fur heating to an uncomfortable temperature as he glanced down at the ground. "Um, yes. I'll make sure you stay in line." Awkward did not begin to describe how Smokestorm felt at this moment.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old October 18th, 2019, 03:00 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:

(He has the power to 'see' the cats in the family of the cat he is concentrating on. In the beginning, this will be on accident and he'll be confused about it. I gave it to him for him to realize he's brother to Crowtail and through him see who his own family is!)

Snickering, Crowsight shook his head with the smallest of chuckles to follow. "It is curious how we all feel about certain things. I personally would've rather grown up with Iceheart as mother than the orphan I am. In that way, I would at least know who I am.." he muttered, giving Hailstorm a bit of a comforting glance to assure her that he did not mean this in any supportive way as to how her mother had raised her.
The black warrior took a glance around the territory and hissed. "Considering me doing stupid things.. I've plenty loner friends, and I worry greatly for them after Iceheart's speech.." He started, still stubborn enough not to call the leader by her new name, which to him was not the true one of such. He continued with a bit of carefulness to his voice, as if he did not fully trust Hailstorm not to go forward with what he was saying; "I've made it a habit to sleep in the territory rather than in camp, and have for a while now considered straight up leaving this clan to either be a loner or find another one. Another one where I wouldn't be wondering who I am, another clan where I could instead be known simply as the ShadowClanner gone their clan.. If that makes sense? I trust you not to speak of this, as it might very well get me thrown out for having such thoughts"

"I won't breathe a word of it," Hailstorm assured him. So far, she liked this cat. He was one she'd rather not have kicked out of the clan. "I wish I could do the same, though. To get out of here, and just go somewhere else. It would be bliss, honestly. I'm just too afraid Icestar would hunt me down if I left." She shook her head.
But as much as she hated Icestar, ShadowClan was her home. She had other cats here she cared about, and she really didn't want to see it fall apart.

"If we left, though, who would be left here to keep the clan somewhat presentable? I would hate to watch from the outside as ShadowClan crumbled to the ground. I feel a certain...duty to the cats who oppose our new leader. It's like a tug at my heart telling me that I need to be here, to make sure the clan still has hope that everything will be okay. If people start leaving, the clan will destroy itself." She stopped to mull over her words for a moment after she'd finished speaking. She searched Crowsight's icy blue eyes for a reaction, wondering if what she was saying was affecting him at all. This cat seemed just about as guarded as she was, and she was finding him a bit difficult to read.

"As for your outsider friends, be careful. Make sure they know that there will be no mercy for them if they're caught here. I don't want to see any innocent cat get shredded either."

Old October 18th, 2019, 03:07 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
@Lonestar23

Icestar sighed begrudgingly as she padded out of the camp entrance, the blind she-cat following her. She'd have preferred not to be patrolling with Mistyeyes at all, but it had seemed that Crowtail had found tasks for every able-bodied warrior in the clan, leaving her with the disabled ones.

"Try not to get lost, okay?" She spoke impatiently, her mew tinged with a slight growl. "We'll be patrolling the ThunderClan border, since I assume that would be easiest for you. They're not likely to challenge us in their state, and you would be of absolutely no use in a border dispute." She did not bother censoring her thoughts, and told it like she saw it. She wasn't afraid of hurting any cat's feelings. If the blind cat couldn't take the heat, she should not have played with the fire by accepting a patrol with the cat who was well-known for being cruel.
Had Icestar been anyone else, Mistyeyes would have walked away without hesitation. She was sensitive about her blindness; however, she was determined to prove herself to their new leader as well. Icestar wasn't known for her warm and fuzzy nature, but by the end of their patrol, Mistyeyes hoped she would've gained some small favor in the she-cat's eyes. "I'll keep up. No need for concern." She struggled to keep her voice calm, although, at the moment, she felt like either screaming or breaking; either one would be heavily frowned upon, she was certain.

"I'm able to fight. I'm blind, not crippled." Had Icestar ever met a blind cat? She seemed to think Mistyeyes was completely incompetent when that couldn't have been further from the truth. Sometimes, in a crowded area, she would have trouble fighting; but the borders were wide open. If worst came to worst, she could hold her own. Within her own thoughts, and quietly, as though Icestar could read her mind, Mistyeyes half-hoped for a small border battle. She would be able to prove herself there.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.