Closed Thread

Old January 13th, 2020, 12:30 PM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
@Casper

Heading out of camp behind Eagleflight, Riverpaw still felt shaken up. The raid on ShadowClan was only a few sunrise back. Her scratches hadn't fully healed but they had long stopped bleeding. So, she was still able to do things. Like hunt and train. The important stuff.
Though she was still bothered by all the things that happened. That was the first fight she was in that she actually fought! Sad considering she lived through multiple but she just got enough training.
"Hey...um Eagleflight?" Riverpaw meowed glancing up at her mentor. "What do you think happens to cats who cause another's life...?" The silver tabby asked looking back at her paws. They were out to hunt but she didn't want to hunt, she did but she was to side tracked.
Eagleflight had taken his apprentice out for a hunt, but he noticed shortly that she seemed rather distracted. He was catching a few scents already, looking to her expectantly to see if she could pick them out, but she hadn't reacted at all. They were nearing the river when he stopped walking and turned to face her, in response to her odd question.

"Riverpaw..." He began, eyes soft and sympathetic. "That's an awfully dark question. I guess it depends on the circumstances. Did...Did something happen in the battle, something you'd like to tell me about?" He regretted not going, but he'd had to guard the camp. It had pained him with worry to see his apprentice go off on such a big mission without him, and he'd worried about her ever since she'd gotten back.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old January 13th, 2020, 08:41 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathos View Post
@hxneysuckle

Fennelnose made their way out of the camp with Stoatdance, keeping their eyes trained in front of them. They felt kind of bad, honestly—she had already been out and was ready to take a nap, and they just pulled them away from it in a poor attempt to recover the conversation. Really, they were a mess. But the cream-furred cat tried not to feel guilty, since they could use this hunting trip as an opportunity to truly befriend Stoatdance. The only other real conversation they'd had with her was when she brought them to see Fallenstar, and that wasn't much. Come on, Fennelnose, get it together. You need to actually have friends in this Clan. This isn't ThunderClan. they thought.

"You probably know this territory better than I do," they meowed, sparing a glance to their acquaintance. "I don't know the best hunting spots around here. There's the river, obviously—which is practically frozen over—and I know there's like... Lionsbeach, is it?" they tried not to frown at the name. Slowing to a halt, Fennelnose looked around the territory. Obviously, there's the forest... I would think that's a good place to start, decided the warrior, but they didn't voice their opinion.
Stoatdance couldn't help the yawn that emerged as she slid from the camp, her tail flicking back and forth. She followed close behind Fennelnose, though catching up quite quickly. Tiredness pulled at her, though she didn't mind another hunt as long as she was able to finally sleep afterward, having done quite a bit that day. But looking closely, one could see how her paws seemed to drag on the ground a little more, and she had begun moving sluggishly. Stoatdance continued on, however, despite the exhaustion in her limbs.
She almost missed when Fennelnose spoke to her, snapping out of a little daydream and turning to the warrior. "I don't know it as well as one may think," she stated, a smile on her lips. "I've never really searched for all of the best places ever since SkyClan merged with RiverClan. I know all of the main points of the territory, however, and a couple hidden locations." The she-cat tilted her head to the side slightly and hummed to herself, examining the surrounding area. She only realized that Fennelnose had stopped after a few more pawsteps, turning around to look at them. Stoatdance's nose wriggled and she blinked slowly.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old January 14th, 2020, 01:24 AM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
"Well..." Pigeonpaw thought for a moment, confessing. "I've never hunted in a team either, but I thought it might be worth a try! It can't be that hard, right? Maybe one of us can scare the prey and the other one can wait for it, like in a trap?" Really, she wanted an excuse to work together with Fawnsqueak on something, but if this plan really did work, then that would be all the better. It sounded awfully clever in her mind.
Fawnsqueak was trapped in the midst of an inner conflict, intrigued by the idea but concerned they wouldn't actually be able to pull it off the first time. In leafbare, any amount of lost prey was a major disadvantage, even if it wasn't quite as devastating to RiverClan as it would be to one that solely relied on ground prey. "Because our experiences today are a confidence boost in prey that runs away scared?" he asked, quizzical. "How do we know where it's going to run--like, where we should be trying to trap it?" Fawnsqueak's experiences led him to believe prey was unpredictable, especially when finding an escape route from impending death.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old January 14th, 2020, 12:09 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

Fawnsqueak was trapped in the midst of an inner conflict, intrigued by the idea but concerned they wouldn't actually be able to pull it off the first time. In leafbare, any amount of lost prey was a major disadvantage, even if it wasn't quite as devastating to RiverClan as it would be to one that solely relied on ground prey. "Because our experiences today are a confidence boost in prey that runs away scared?" he asked, quizzical. "How do we know where it's going to run--like, where we should be trying to trap it?" Fawnsqueak's experiences led him to believe prey was unpredictable, especially when finding an escape route from impending death.
Pigeonpaw hadn't expected her friend to be so against the idea, but he did have a good point. Her tail drooped in disappointment as she tried to think of something rational.
"Maybe you're right," She sighed. "Would it be worthwhile to walk by the river and see what we can catch?"

Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old January 14th, 2020, 01:21 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Pigeonpaw hadn't expected her friend to be so against the idea, but he did have a good point. Her tail drooped in disappointment as she tried to think of something rational.
"Maybe you're right," She sighed. "Would it be worthwhile to walk by the river and see what we can catch?"
"Maybe..." he echoed, unsure. Fawnsqueak felt a pang of regret when he noticed the visible disappointment in Pigeonpaw's body language, and he let his gaze wander anywhere else since he couldn't manage to see her like that any longer. "Maybe we could try it with... uh," his throat was dry, "somewhere in the stream? If we made like, a small dam downstream, and one of us startled the fish toward it." The other could be there waiting to strike.

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old January 14th, 2020, 03:59 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

"Maybe..." he echoed, unsure. Fawnsqueak felt a pang of regret when he noticed the visible disappointment in Pigeonpaw's body language, and he let his gaze wander anywhere else since he couldn't manage to see her like that any longer. "Maybe we could try it with... uh," his throat was dry, "somewhere in the stream? If we made like, a small dam downstream, and one of us startled the fish toward it." The other could be there waiting to strike.
Pigeonpaw visibly lit up at the suggestion. He was still thinking of her idea! Although this would be much more practical, and she was far more confident in her ability to hunt fish rather than land prey.

"That's a great idea!" She purred, her tail swishing into the air. "I bet we can use an ice chunk to make a dam. Let's try it!" She scurried in the direction of the stream, which wasn't too far, since they'd just come from the ocean.

Old January 14th, 2020, 05:18 PM
maplebriar

My Mood: Bashful

@pathos

silverrose was tired that morning still she continued to hunt, the fresh-kill was low so she was hunting at the river, she was lucky she happened to find a rabbit so she was slowly kreeping up on it until she pounced feeling the rabbit squirm under she as she bit her neck proudly holding it in her jaws
@sliversnow the shy
@ponyapan The stabby roomba @Shimm the Caring @skye the fofie furry @beck the hobit
Old January 14th, 2020, 08:15 PM
nothing but a comedy

My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfur View Post
Dirtfur let his brother comfort the brown warrior. Maybe he is right, maybe I do have more value! He turned his amber eyes and locked them on Hawktalon. The older warrior blinked a silent tank you.
Hawktalon nudged Dirtfur with his head, scooped up the birds in his mouth, and trotted alongside him back to camp.

It was a good day.

(Sorry it's short- I'm a bit busy!)

just a critter
Old January 14th, 2020, 09:39 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

as the three cats traveled back to camp, the apprentice slowed his pace down-- falling purposely behind the other two. it had been bugging him since sootpaw had showed up. wormpaw glared daggers at the marshy dirt, was everything okay? a sigh escape him, gazing at his friend from under his short eyelashes. "you can say it now, " he mumbled in a hushed tone. "dirtfur won't hear, i think he has dirt stuck in his ears from the training, " wormpaw mew, and it wasn't a joke. he was generally sure he had flung dirt into the warrior's ear. could ears get sick like eyes? wormpaw would hope not!

@SilentLamb

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc
Old January 14th, 2020, 09:47 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

@x ghostie

Staying beside wormpaw, the tom gave a wary glance to dirtfur only to look back at his friend. He couldn't wait to tell him! He had this whole idea ready to be set in motion . "so, asterkit and I were chatting . I thought up of an cool idea that he gets to ...co command " he grinned " guess guess guess " he somewhat whispered . Wow. ...He was sure acting like a kit right now..yeesh.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Closed Thread